Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Christian Poulsen (Juventus)

Read 17702 times
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Christian Poulsen (Juventus)
      Jul 18, 2010 06:24:12 pm
      He is getting heavily linked again saying Juventus are looking to off load him and Hodgson thinks he would be a good replacement for Masch.

I personally think he is a very mediocre player and was extremely limited in the world cup and remember one comment in particular from a commentator about him, that he was the opposition best player when he was in possession of the ball.

Scott Parker is light years ahead of this lad.

The most ridiculous article I read today about this was we were looking to swap Kuyt for him, are journalists F***ing thick. Kuyt is worth about £15 million I wouldn't pay more than £2 million for Poulsen but then I wouldn't buy him at all.
      « Last Edit: Aug 08, 2010 12:34:21 am by Reslivo »
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Christian Poulsen - (Juventus)
      Reply #1: Jul 18, 2010 07:19:02 pm
      Very very mediocre player. Don't rate him at all. Any source mate?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #2: Jul 18, 2010 07:45:38 pm
      Very very mediocre player. Don't rate him at all. Any source mate?

Liverpool eye Christian Poulsen move

Liverpool are eyeing Juventus midfielder Christian Poulsen as a replacement for the soon-leaving Javier Mascherano.

According to Tuttocalcionews.it, the Anfield club are willing to barter forward Dirk Kuyt in exchange for the Danish international as they prepare for the imminent departure of Mascherano from the club.

On Juventus' side, the Italian giants are hoping to raise funds in order to strengthen other departments in their squad and the sale of Christian Poulsen could benefit the interests of both clubs.

The two domestic giants will also be gunning for a Champions League spot this coming season after missing out on the premier European competition this year, leading to their respective appointments of a new manager.

Click Here For Link To ESPNStar Article

All supposition, the only half reliable source i could find.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #3: Jul 18, 2010 07:49:11 pm
      This better be a lie, I love Dirk, and he we can't afford to lose him. He works his *** off every game. No way should we sell him.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #4: Jul 19, 2010 01:50:22 pm
      When I read this I thought it was PURSLOW.... :( thought he was leaving to work at Juventus.. My bad :(
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #5: Jul 26, 2010 06:59:43 pm
      And here is another sh*t report from the usual Dail Fail

Juve offer Danish star as bait to Liverpool
      Juventus are set to tempt Liverpool into parting with defender Daniel Agger by offering Christian Poulsen in exchange.

Should the Merseysiders lose wantaway Argentina captain Javier Mascherano to Inter Milan, then Poulen is being touted as the ideal replacement for the holding midfielder.

Poulsen has been linked with a move to Anfield throughout the summer, and earlier reports had suggested that the Reds would use Dirk Kuyt as bait in order to tempt the Italian club to sell the 30-year-old Dane.

The Daily Mail Fail now reports that Juve are desperate to land a centre-back, and are prepared to offer £4 million plus Poulsen in order to snare his Danish team-mate Agger.

This offer is rumoured to appeal to Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson, as he looks to bolster his squad without having to break the bank. And, with a string of injuries playing a part in Agger losing his starting place under Rafa Benitez, the 25-year-old is supposedly after a fresh start elsewhere.

Hodgson already has established centre-backs in Jamie Carragher, Martin Skrtel, while he can also call upon Greek international Sotirios Kyrgiakos and recent signing Danny Wilson.

This would appear to suggest that Agger may struggle to regain the starting place he one enjoyed and, with Hodgson understood to be prepared to let players go the offer suits, Agger could well be on his way out of England.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/juve-offer-danish-star-as-bait-to-liverpool
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6: Jul 26, 2010 07:01:57 pm

Juventus are set to tempt Liverpool into parting with defender Daniel Agger by offering Christian Poulsen in exchange.

Should the Merseysiders lose wantaway Argentina captain Javier Mascherano to Inter Milan, then Poulen is being touted as the ideal replacement for the holding midfielder.

Poulsen has been linked with a move to Anfield throughout the summer, and earlier reports had suggested that the Reds would use Dirk Kuyt as bait in order to tempt the Italian club to sell the 30-year-old Dane.

The Daily Mail Fail now reports that Juve are desperate to land a centre-back, and are prepared to offer £4 million plus Poulsen in order to snare his Danish team-mate Agger.

This offer is rumoured to appeal to Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson, as he looks to bolster his squad without having to break the bank. And, with a string of injuries playing a part in Agger losing his starting place under Rafa Benitez, the 25-year-old is supposedly after a fresh start elsewhere.

Hodgson already has established centre-backs in Jamie Carragher, Martin Skrtel, while he can also call upon Greek international Sotirios Kyrgiakos and recent signing Danny Wilson.

This would appear to suggest that Agger may struggle to regain the starting place he one enjoyed and, with Hodgson understood to be prepared to let players go the offer suits, Agger could well be on his way out of England.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/juve-offer-danish-star-as-bait-to-liverpool

£4m plus Agger :lmao: They can shove that offer and any other that they have in mind up their arse.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #7: Jul 26, 2010 08:16:30 pm

God I hope not. Agger is one of the players that we NEED to keep.... if he stays injury free, he will be one of the worlds best defenders!  Also, Poulsen isn't all that good to begin with, and he's 30.... best years already behind him.  Not a player we want/need.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Jul 26, 2010 11:43:28 pm
      I think I will cry if we sign this lad to replace Masch, he is such a mediocre player.
      McCr8
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts |
      Reply #9: Jul 30, 2010 11:54:45 am
      Sky sports reporting this move is still very much on the cards. 30/7/10
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #10: Jul 30, 2010 11:56:18 am
      Not Good Enough for us
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #11: Jul 30, 2010 12:54:23 pm
      I'll be disgusted if we sign this lad, he has been awful for them and was terrible in the World cup they have been looking to off load him for the last 2 seasons.

He would be good for Blackpool maybe Blackburn someone like that. I want to go on record now and say he is F***ing terrible just in case we do sign him and people say we have to support him he is one of our players.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #12: Jul 30, 2010 01:08:39 pm
      Can't believe we are being even linked with him he's thirty years old for fucks sake and his best is well behind him, if ever he had a best.
      I can see it now the majority of our squad playing bowls on a Sunday afternoon with the physio on high alert.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #13: Jul 30, 2010 01:14:31 pm
      I think this is bollocks talk. I'd say Rafa was interested during his time and now the Juve chairman is trying to pimp him to Roy. Never rated him, i watched every min of the WC and he done nothing for the Danes to impress me.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #14: Jul 30, 2010 01:54:56 pm
      Juve claim Liverpool want Poulsen

Juventus general director Giuseppe Marotta claims Liverpool are interested in defensive midfielder Christian Poulsen.

Poulsen, 30, has frequently been linked with a move away from Juve, and rumours of an exit were fuelled as he was left out of the side that faced Shamrock Rovers in Thursday's Europa League qualification match.

Marotta has denied his exclusion was prompted by his imminent departure but did say Liverpool are looking to sign the Denmark international.

"Liverpool have shown interest in Poulsen, but the fact that he did not play in this game is only due to a technical decision," Marotta told Mediaset.

Poulsen's agent claimed last summer that Fulham had seen a loan bid rejected for the player.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=810933&sec=transfers&cc=5739
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #15: Jul 30, 2010 01:55:56 pm
      Hope this is sh*t he makes Kuyt look like a 100 metre sprinter.
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #16: Jul 30, 2010 02:01:48 pm
      Can you see the yanks spending money (in it's self ironic)on someone they can't sell on 
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #17: Jul 30, 2010 02:04:31 pm
      a 30 year old?

Pass
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #18: Jul 30, 2010 04:53:40 pm
      another 30 yaer old CMON whats happening
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #19: Jul 30, 2010 05:11:03 pm
      I deffo don't want this lad in Anfield.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #20: Jul 30, 2010 05:17:26 pm
      Im danish and have followed Poulsen quite a lot and allthough many of my mates rate him, I think he is vastly overrated and what is worse, I think he is an extremely dirty and unsympathetic player. Even if he was class and younger, I wouldnt want him here because of his style and attitude. Take the worst of Zlatan, Gattuso and Vinnie Jones and you get Poulsen.

And I have never forgiven him for singlehandedly F***ing up the greatest comeback in danish national football history against arch-rivals Sweden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mh7TBFHV0E

We came back from 3-0 down and were pushing hard for 4-3 and a win was essential for qualifying for the European Championship 2008. Then this happened. Imagine a Liverpool player doing that in Istanbull in overtime. Would be more or less the same. Definitely dont want that kind of player here.

A couple of Christian Poulsens other "greatest hits":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjne4HOKokI
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #21: Jul 30, 2010 07:39:46 pm
      Agent Of Juventus Midfielder Christian Poulsen Excludes Liverpool Link
      Poulsen unlikely to leave Juventus amid Liverpool reports...

Christian Poulsen's agent Joern Bonnesen believes the Liverpool link is a no-goer as he excludes a Juventus exit.

Reports have linked the midfielder with the Anfield club, claiming Roy Hodgson was ready to make a move for him - which was confirmed by Giuseppe Marotta on Friday morning when he said Liverpool had shown an interest.

But Bonnesen feels his client will not be leaving Juventus.

"Christian will stay in Turin. Whatever name comes out on the papers doesn't correspond to the reality," the agent told Calcionews24.com.

"I hope that this response closes this episode for sure. He needs to train regularly, and even he is tired of speaking about the market."
      talkaloadofbull.com

Not a good source, but I think we dodged a bullet :)
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #22: Jul 30, 2010 07:51:11 pm
      Doesn't our own Sissoko currently keep him out of the Juventus team.

Quick Reply