Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Jamie Carragher
      21 (14.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      98 (67.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      18 (12.4%)
      David N'gog
      8 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Man City 3 - 0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Suicide

Read 79554 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Man City 3 - 0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Suicide
      Reply #897: Aug 25, 2010 05:01:06 am
      I was pissed off but then I found out Masch opted not to play and that the Sheik had turned up and thought well it probably figures. Our game plan went out the door without masch I suspect. If Masch played with Lucas and stevie behind torres we would have been better so no surprise really. I would have been tempted to play Soto and [put Carragher at left back (too risky for Aurelio) or play Kelly instead of Agger. I don't think it is indicative of our form just yet.
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #898: Aug 25, 2010 06:28:25 am
      i honestly hope that the players up their game in the weeks to come, because if we lose it would be nice to at least see some drive and passion for the club and not just aimlessly hoof the ball forward.. and please a winger who can take on a man without having to turn and pass the ball back argggg  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #899: Aug 25, 2010 07:35:40 am
      Watched the game again last night.

I still cannot fathom the 4-4-2.

Lucas and Gerrard vs De Jong, Barry, Yaya + Tevez dropping back and working the spaces left by Gerrard (not his fault, it's his natural game to get forward but it left holes) and the Milner coming inside.

2 vs 5. Shockingly outnumbered. Masch would of done just as little for our cause if he had to mark effectively 3 players at once. It was criminal from Roy.

And the speed of City was undeniable. It was a simple plan, but it tore our midfield to bits.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #900: Aug 25, 2010 08:32:23 am
      Jump straight to full time? Click here: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=32489.msg751355#msg751355

Reina, Johnson, Agger, Carragher, Skrtel, Kuyt, Gerrard, Lucas, Jovanovic, Ngog, Torres. Subs: Jones, Babel, Aurelio, Kyrgiakos, Maxi, Poulsen, Pacheco

As expected then.

Reina,Agger,Carragher,Kuyt,Skrtel, Gerrard,Torres did OK.

Johnson- Lazy at back, gave ball away so many times.
      Lucas - I cant believe , how he is in starting 11.
      Jovanovic - same as lucas, and  he cant get past even 1 defender.
      Ngog - Gave away ball , when ever he got a chance.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,279 posts | 802 
      Reply #901: Aug 25, 2010 08:35:39 am

Johnson- Lazy at back, gave ball away so many times.
      Lucas - I cant believe , how he is in starting 11.
      Jovanovic - same as lucas, and  he cant get past even 1 defender.
      Ngog - Gave away ball , when ever he got a chance.

Lucas was one of the better ones in the team i thought, not that thats saying much as majority of the team was piss poor!
      Jovanovich, annoyed me a bit but i thought Kuyt was worse!
      We definately missed masch, no one there to break down that strong midfield they had!

Need to knock about 5-6 by West Brom to get a bit of confidence within the team!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #902: Aug 25, 2010 08:47:33 am
      Watched the game again last night.

I still cannot fathom the 4-4-2.

What pissed me off was Andy Bluenose Gray bigging up Roy for his positive 4-4-2 line up, slating Benitez by saying he would of played 4-5-1 then we get over run in midfield.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #903: Aug 25, 2010 08:50:30 am
      Lucas was one of the better ones in the team I thought, not that thats saying much as majority of the team was piss poor!
      Jovanovich, annoyed me a bit but I thought Kuyt was worse!
      We definately missed masch, no one there to break down that strong midfield they had!

Need to knock about 5-6 by West Brom to get a bit of confidence within the team!

At the moment, we don't have that quality or character to score 5-6 goals. Midfield is so poor.
      But this moment also we can do that. StevieG -3 Torres-3.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #904: Aug 25, 2010 09:15:43 am
      What pissed me off was Andy Bluenose Gray bigging up Roy for his positive 4-4-2 line up, slating Benitez by saying he would of played 4-5-1 then we get over run in midfield.

I see he continues to marvel UK audiences with quality perspective.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #905: Aug 25, 2010 11:24:09 am
      Would just like to ask Roy why he played Agger against medical advice , and then seeing the lad was way out of sorts  playing in an alien position ,decided to leave him on for the whole game .
      Saying the lad wanted to play don't cut it ,while i admire the lads willingness to play LFC comes first and we shouldn't be putting an injured defender on the field ,especially one who has been concussed ,i thought there was a time limit after that type of injury like they have in rugby where you cant play for a certain period after it.

Just imagine something had happened to Danny on Monday night we could have ended up with another tragedy on our hands for fck sake we have had enough of them ,yery bad move Roy. As anyone who has been concussed  will tell you ,you can suffer them headaches for weeks after.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,656 posts | 3889 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #906: Aug 25, 2010 11:33:10 am
      If Benitez had played 4-5-1 and we came away with a draw the Rafa bashers would be on screaming 'Negativity'
      How about tactics to suit your opposition
      Tombo
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts | -2 
      Reply #907: Aug 25, 2010 02:50:32 pm
      I have read somewhere that roys plans were to play 4-4-1-1 or something similar but had to change at last min due to mach throwing teddy out of pram and poulson not being completly match fit. This is why the senior team players have been giving mach the cold shoulder at training. Could be alot of balls though.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,656 posts | 3889 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #908: Aug 25, 2010 03:04:43 pm
      Cold shoulder? Shoulder charge from Poulson followed by the studs from Stevie would suit me. Queue ssn scroll bar. . . Barcelona pull out of transfer as little c*nt broken up in training for betraying his club, team and fans
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #909: Aug 25, 2010 03:14:32 pm
      If Benitez had played 4-5-1 and we came away with a draw the Rafa bashers would be on screaming 'Negativity'
      How about tactics to suit your opposition

Im all for tactics to suit opposition. I hate 4-2-3-1 but I would utilise it in tough away games. These days citeh away falls into that bracket.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #910: Aug 26, 2010 05:31:21 pm
      Tactics blah,Benitez blah,we should be doing this blah blah blah.......

City were better so analyse all you want,Benitez has gone and i for one am very glad about that.It's going to take time,don't forget Everton 3 Liverpool 0 under Benitez.

I'll stick with Roy for at least 3 seasons,He'll let go of the Benitez boys,i don't need to mention them.

I was sat in tier 3 on Monday night just like last season and last season was bad really bad and believe it or not Monday night we were better than that cold Sunday night but City were a lot better and in Tevez and Johnson and Ya ya Toure and Harte they have some really good players..

Once Roy has settled on a first 11 and shed ghosts from the recent past then you can cast a critical eye as i've seen some of the predictions of score lines on here and quite frankly it embarrassing.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #911: Aug 26, 2010 05:40:48 pm

City were better so analyse all you want,Benitez has gone and i for one am very glad about that.It's going to take time,don't forget Everton 3 Liverpool 0 under Benitez.

I'll stick with Roy for at least 3 seasons,He'll let go of the Benitez boys,i don't need to mention them.

I was sat in tier 3 on Monday night just like last season and last season was bad really bad and believe it or not Monday night we were better than that cold Sunday night but City were a lot better and in Tevez and Johnson and Ya ya Toure and Harte they have some really good players..

Once Roy has settled on a first 11 and shed ghosts from the recent past then you can cast a critical eye as i've seen some of the predictions of score lines on here and quite frankly it embarrassing.
      And so you have summarized Benitez's whole era with just one result. :-\
      I'm not saying that what you said about our performance is wrong, but where does Benitez come into the equation? Its high time we stop proportioning the blame on him.

Tevez and Johnson and Ya ya Toure and Harte they have some really good players..

And in Sheikh Mansood or whatever, they have got very good owners with loads and loads of money. So no point going on about that.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #912: Aug 26, 2010 05:49:47 pm

I can imagine what you acted like at the game then!!
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #913: Aug 26, 2010 06:22:29 pm
      Loads and loads of money does not equal very good owners,just loads of money,and don't City deserve it? and why are we so bitter?

Because i keep seeing Benitez's name on here that's why he comes into the equation,he's gone so let's move on.

Liverpool can compete with clubs with new found wealth but it'll take time and some very good coaching....Liverpool spent millions in recent years but with little evidence to show for it on the pitch.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #914: Aug 26, 2010 06:23:23 pm
      If you want to move on mate, post in the match thread about the game in 5 minutes, not a game we lost 3-0 three days ago.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #915: Aug 26, 2010 06:27:47 pm
      If this is relating to the Man City game..

Im sorry but id have to disagree with Agger and Kuyt.

Agger looked like he still had a knock on the head, in my mind hes one of the best defenders in the world but honestly Adam Johnson made us look like idiots on Monday. He was basically walking around the back of us.

Also I thought Kuyt had one of his worst games Id ever seen in a Liverpool shirt :\ . He has the first touch of a rapist and just looked miles off the pace.

Anyway, hopefully we see an improvement tonight, hopefully my posts are more cheerful later on the Trabzonspor topic.
      « Last Edit: Aug 26, 2010 10:10:54 pm by Dannylfc »
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #916: Aug 26, 2010 06:29:30 pm
      Didn't realise there was a time scale....oh well i bow to your greater knowledge..
      Gazmcc84
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #917: Aug 26, 2010 09:58:13 pm
      If this is relating to the Man City game..

Im sorry but id have to agree with Agger and Kuyt.

Agger looked like he still had a knock on the head, in my mind hes one of the best defenders in the world but honestly Adam Johnson made us look like idiots on Monday. He was basically walking around the back of us.

Also I thought Kuyt had one of his worst games Id ever seen in a Liverpool shirt :\ . He has the first touch of a rapist and just looked miles off the pace.

agreed ,i taught kuyt should have been switched over to help against johnson......
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #918: Aug 26, 2010 10:01:35 pm
      Loads and loads of money does not equal very good owners,just loads of money,and don't City deserve it? and why are we so bitter?

Because I keep seeing Benitez's name on here that's why he comes into the equation,he's gone so let's move on.

Liverpool can compete with clubs with new found wealth but it'll take time and some very good coaching....Liverpool spent millions in recent years but with little evidence to show for it on the pitch.

Who do you support?
      Gazmcc84
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #919: Aug 26, 2010 10:03:40 pm

Quick Reply