Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

The unsettling of Liverpool FC players by Rafa Benitez

Read 9385 times
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Re: The unsettling of Liverpool FC players by Rafa Benitez
      Reply #69: Aug 27, 2010 11:33:00 pm
      Inter's result against Atletico Madrid must be the rock bottom of Rafa to be honest with you. Can't do worse with a team that won EVERYTHING in the past season. I bet Mourinho watched and laughed his ass off!
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #70: Aug 27, 2010 11:41:07 pm
      I think this topic has done its course in all honesty. Too many trigger-happy people popping about in a topic that is divisive, and I can't see having a conclusion apart from agreeing to disagree.

If the ability to neg was disabled, some people would not be able to express themselves. Not everyone is articulate enough to put their two-cent opinion in and express themselves.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #71: Aug 27, 2010 11:53:28 pm
      I've just had to edit and delete a few posts that are going on about nothing other than ratings. It's off topic and tedious to read. Keep it on topic please gents. Thank you.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #72: Aug 28, 2010 12:31:26 am
      Who ever is in charge of transferrs at Inter, I cannot believe they would enquire about ANY player, unless the coach has said he was interested in signing them. With alll the control Rafa engineered for himself at Anfield, I cannot believe he would be at Inter and not have a say in who the coub approached to join them. Sorry, Rafa has had to have some input into this.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #73: Aug 28, 2010 01:12:06 am
      Thoroughly enjoyed all the handbags in here.

Alas, all based on pure speculation and nonsense.  Do you think Roy Hodgson actually saw a fax to the club (while he was in Turkey preparing for a game) or do you think that Christian Purslow told him?

If Purslow told me that the sun was going to rise tomorrow morning I'd think the end of the world was nigh.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #74: Aug 28, 2010 01:36:26 am
      If Purslow told me that the sun was going to rise tomorrow morning I'd think the end of the world was nigh.

:lmao:

Quote of the year!
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #75: Aug 28, 2010 03:09:17 am
      might be irrelevant but can someone give me the link to that great post analyzing the whole rafa net spending over his tenure. I'm talking to a manc idiot bashing him and I wanna stick it up her viva..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #76: Aug 28, 2010 03:19:46 am
      Thoroughly enjoyed all the handbags in here.

Alas, all based on pure speculation and nonsense.  Do you think Roy Hodgson actually saw a fax to the club (while he was in Turkey preparing for a game) or do you think that Christian Purslow told him?

:lmao:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #77: Aug 28, 2010 09:46:33 am
      I think the point of this thread has more than gone now. 

Kuyt has pledged his future to us, after no real indication he would be going anywhere other than a good World Cup.

Mascherano is going to Barcelona. After expressing a wish to leave last season over family issues. Regardless of his alleged refusal to play/club not playing him.

Id say keep this thread on topic, but I don't think there will be one until Rafa starts talking up how good Lucas is.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #78: Aug 28, 2010 02:10:32 pm
      There is no 'unsettling' - Masch wanted out last year and is going to Barca anyway, Inter have been out of the picture for a while and Kuyt quickly quashed any rumours.  However, there is no need to disrespect the current manager to defend a former manager. 
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #79: Aug 28, 2010 02:13:23 pm
      I think the point of this thread has more than gone now. 

Kuyt has pledged his future to us, after no real indication he would be going anywhere other than a good World Cup.

Mascherano is going to Barcelona. After expressing a wish to leave last season over family issues. Regardless of his alleged refusal to play/club not playing him.

Id say keep this thread on topic, but I don't think there will be one until Rafa starts talking up how good Lucas is.

I think this thread just needs locking!
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #80: Aug 28, 2010 03:18:08 pm
      Hodgson blasted Rafa for usettling his players but why the hell he never speak out about our players being loaned out or being sold? Our team is being dismantled but he sees Rafa the fault. I'm not blaming him or Rafa but with our now lack in depth central area, why the hell he loaned out Aquilani and sold Masch off and bought Juve junk like Poulsen? You loaned out a young and skillful player, you sold an A lister player but you bought an unwanted?

Rafa now is the coach of Inter while as I understood it well it's not the coach who decides which player he wants. Unlike here in PL, the manager acquire about the players he wanted. Did Rafa become an enemy by choice or by force? 
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #81: Aug 28, 2010 03:35:36 pm
      Hodgson blasted Rafa for usettling his players

No, he didn't.  He was asked a question, gave a reasonable answer and the press made up the story they wanted to print.

As for selling Mascherano, that was inevitable, it wasn't his choice.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #82: Aug 28, 2010 03:41:53 pm
      This is what our manager said:

"We have not received an offer and Dirk hasn't told me he'd want to leave if an offer comes in, when Benitez left the club he signed an agreement that he would not poach players from Liverpool and I think that still applies. And as far as I'm concerned, the agreement with Moratti still stands. But this is obviously something going on behind the scenes with the agent talking to possibly the manager of Inter. Two things: one, we don't welcome an offer and two, we haven't received an offer. At this very late stage in the transfer window it would be remarkably unusual for us to accept an offer for a player we don't want to leave for money we don't need. I need the player, not the money." 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #83: Aug 28, 2010 04:31:30 pm
      Hodgson blasted Rafa for usettling his players

Maybe macca, like the rest of us, is talking about this, TK:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8948776.stm

....and maybe macca, like some of us, feel there is no need to disrespect the former manager in order for our current manager to defend himself. It works both ways, I guess.

This is what our manager said:

"We have not received an offer and Dirk hasn't told me he'd want to leave if an offer comes in...Two things: one, we don't welcome an offer and two, we haven't received an offer. At this very late stage in the transfer window it would be remarkably unusual for us to accept an offer for a player we don't want to leave for money we don't need. I need the player, not the money."  

A great post that ^ ^ ^.....It proves categorically that Benitez did NOT "unsettle" Dirk and (I believe) we can dismiss the ludicrous notion that he "unsettled" Masch.

Time to lock this ridiculous, divisive thread maybe?
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2010 04:45:45 pm by bad boy bubby »
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #84: Aug 28, 2010 05:12:43 pm
      Maybe macca, like the rest of us, is talking about this, TK:

How is that 'blasting' Rafa?

....and maybe macca, like some of us, feel there is no need to disrespect the former manager in order for our current manager to defend himself. It works both ways, I guess.

How did he disrespect Rafa...? He was asked about interest from Inter for Masch, he confirmed that Inter had faxed the club, but suggested that it was a derisory offer - we already know that Rafa wanted Masch, but the club were not prepared to buy him.

A great post that ^ ^ ^.....It proves categorically that Benitez did NOT "unsettle" Dirk and (I believe) we can dismiss the ludicrous notion that he "unsettled" Masch.

Just Hodgson's own words.
      The media took what he said, turned it upside down and inside out, then lied about it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #85: Aug 28, 2010 05:27:59 pm
      What ever sh*t the club keeps leaking out about Rafa I don't care the man is a legend and still would be manager here if it wasn't for them 2 devious pricks in charge of the club.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #86: Aug 28, 2010 05:43:59 pm
      To what end exactly is Rafa supposedly "unsettling" anyone at Anfield?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #87: Aug 28, 2010 05:49:26 pm
      Has Rafa signed any Liverpool players, has Hodgson signed any Fulham players.

I rest my case this is the most ridiculous thread I've seen and is used just by the uneducated to have a hop off Rafa.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #88: Aug 28, 2010 05:53:03 pm

First off; I was pointing out that "maybe" macca was referring to the interview that I posted and not the one you put forward when he wrote "blasted". Secondly it's only question of semantics TK - macca reckons that it's "blasting" you and I don't.

How did he disrespect Rafa...? He was asked about interest from Inter for Masch, he confirmed that Inter had faxed the club, but suggested that it was a derisory offer - we already know that Rafa wanted Masch, but the club were not prepared to buy him.

See now, I think it was "disrespectful" (to get a sly dig in re: "lip service"), macca thought Roy was "blasting" Rafa and you thought neither; fair enough.

Either way, the strange thing is, none of us three (you, me or macca) seem to believe that Benitez "unsettled" Liverpool F.C. players. ... and, as that's the point to this thread; i, personally, can't get into further debate, with someone who essentially agrees with me. Each to their own tho'.
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2010 06:11:28 pm by bad boy bubby »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #89: Aug 28, 2010 06:00:35 pm
      Has Rafa signed any Liverpool players, has Hodgson signed any Fulham players.

I rest my case this is the most ridiculous thread I've seen and is used just by the uneducated to have a hop off Rafa.
      Correctamundo and the very reason I asked to what end was his supposed "unsettling" of anyone at Anfield.
      There is no substance in the rumour whatsoever,consequently this topic has talked itself out of a job.
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2010 06:09:58 pm by stuey »
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #90: Aug 28, 2010 06:57:53 pm
      What is really "interesting' about this post and some other posts on here is the fact that some fans are in total awe of Rafa Benitez to the point where he can do no wrong; kinda like worship.

One thing I believe is nobody here and all LFC fans around the world can agree with 'he (Rafa) can do no wrong'
      I never agree on what Rafa mistake (even what I can do is just disagree :)), and I happy with what he did right for the club and the fans. That's all.

And, one thing I remember (with painful) is the day Rafa sacked, on all the media say that one reason he got sacked is because he (Rafa) has 'LOST HIS DRESSING ROOM'. So I think we do not need to worry because ...according to this how can Rafa persuade any player from Liverpool ?

---
      Sorry for my poor English.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #91: Aug 28, 2010 09:30:23 pm
      One thing I believe is nobody here and all LFC fans around the world can agree with 'he (Rafa) can do no wrong'
      I never agree on what Rafa mistake (even what I can do is just disagree :)), and I happy with what he did right for the club and the fans. That's all.

And, one thing I remember (with painful) is the day Rafa sacked, on all the media say that one reason he got sacked is because he (Rafa) has 'LOST HIS DRESSING ROOM'. So I think we do not need to worry because ...according to this how can Rafa persuade any player from Liverpool ?

---
      Sorry for my poor English.

You make a good point,you say that if the reports are to be believed and Rafa "had lost the dressing room" how could he influence anyone? It is another example of the press printing bollocks or bullshit as you might say.
      The same thing goes for the stories about Rafa unsettling players it is total bullshit.

Quick Reply