Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Where will Liverpool finish in the 2007/08 Premiership?

Champions
      22 (30.1%)
      Runners Up
      38 (52.1%)
      3rd place
      12 (16.4%)
      4th place
      0 (0%)
      UEFA Cup Spot 5/6/7th
      1 (1.4%)
      Mid-Table
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: Jul 21, 2007 09:32:51 pm

Vote: No messing.. hand on heart time!

Read 4433 times
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Re: Vote: No messing.. hand on heart time!
      Reply #23: Jul 13, 2007 08:23:06 am
      I have to agree with most of you, it was are bad start to last season that cost us a lot, we where always playing catch up after that, but;
      most games last season we won, what I'm trying to say is, over the 90mins we won the game, but we could not score goals and that was are down fall, how many games did you see us out playing the other team.
      We had a whole new line up front, and it does take time, Kuyt did a good job most of the season, but he did run out of steam in the last 1/4(but that could be due to his dad), so I'm hoping for a lot more this season.
      Pennant, got better as the season went on, if he carries that on this season.
      Kewell, we have him back this season, if we can keep him fit I'm hoping good things of him.
      Crouch, I'm not a great lover of him, but what he does do is change the game, if it not working one way then we do have the players to change the game.
      Torres, is a good buy, he is a player who works for the team, but can score a goal out of nothing, so I'm looking for big things from him, but give him time.
      Babel, he is a good buy, he takes people on, but he young it might take a season to get the best out of him.
      What we did lack last season was goals from midfield, we where very good in this dept. but also very bad due to lack of goals, but I'm sure this will in prove this season.
      Man.U were lucky last season, they did run out of steam from Feb. on wards, but so did the rest of the top 4, but Man.U have made some good buys this season, that puts them in the same boat as us, new players take time.

So hand on heart, IF we get off to a good start, them I'm looking for 2nd, but knocking on the door to win it, with some very good cup rune's.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #24: Jul 13, 2007 08:59:56 am
      I've gone for 2nd aswell, think with the players we've signed we can expect at least 9-10 more points on last season, Chelsea in my opinion have really bought players who will make them closer to Utd (Maluda is overrated and in it for the money!) so I think its Urinals 1st then us and we'll push them alot closer than we have done!

StevieGforce
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #25: Jul 13, 2007 12:38:07 pm
      Very difficult to assess before a ball is kicked, depends on a nu,ber of things.
      1 - New siginings
      I rate torres and i think he will be a great sucess.
      Babel, lets face it we all know very little. I watched him in the U21 tournament, he looked good. BUT exactly how many pepole look good in the U21's and go on to be a nobody, i would probably say 65%. If Rafa has unearthed a gem then see section 2
      Yossi, a quality footballer, but where is he playing?
      Voronin, i know nowt (except he looks like emanuel pettit a bit! Squad Player
      Heinz, i think represents good business if we get and makes us tighter defensively.

2 - Formation
      There are literally too many prospects to mention. Wingers i think are key. Does Rafa see Babel and Yossi as the answer, if so where do Kewell and Pennant fit in?

3 - Away form
      Lets face it, it was sh!te last year, essential this improves from the very first game.

4 - Beating the big boys
      Need to beat the big teams home and away.

Hand on heart i think we will get 15 points more than last year, if these points are taken off the teams around us then it will be very close but i have chosen second.
      bob_blah
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #26: Jul 13, 2007 01:55:17 pm
      I've gone for 2nd as well - mainly because I don't think Chelsea have strengthened much so far (but probably to be proved wrong over the next month) and it will take time for all the new players to learn a) the Liverpool way and b) the physical nature of th PL so I'm not expecting to get off to a flyer, which is what killed us last season.

But I'm happy to be proved wrong!  :D
      eAyeAddio
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts | -1 
      Reply #27: Jul 13, 2007 08:54:04 pm
      Finishing second and closing the gap to the top, with a good run in the cups, would be a huge achievement.

Expecting us to win the title this season is unrealistic.

The mancs were lucky last season in terms of injuries but have bought well this summer and we are still 2/3 seasons behind them.

I think the chavs are there for the taking but it won't be easy.

Right now, I'll settle for a team that entertains, and sets out to win every game instead of hoping not to lose.

The trick is to have an injury-free season, and maybe, just maybe, a settled side.

Here's hoping !

:champ:

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #28: Jul 13, 2007 10:52:49 pm
      I too have voted as runners up, (earlier in the week), but who voted for UEFA spot? come on have some faith!
      scousejay
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #29: Jul 14, 2007 12:45:49 am
      In my opinion we will finish runners up this coming season behind the mancs with chelsea a close third. i am hoping and (dreaming ;D) we can win the league and im looking forward to seeing our new signings i watched the under 21 's and babel looked a decent player and of course torres too i was made up we signed him and i cant wait to see him score his first goal, but i think the mancs have bought well and added to an already talented squad. i think with our new signings we can beat chelsea home and away this season and this will make the difference between our final positions.
      YNWA
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #30: Jul 14, 2007 12:17:47 pm
      I believe that Liverpool will be the champions this season, because it is the only thing we should be focusing on. Last season, I think Benitez knew that we were not good enough yet, and so laid off the pressure when it came to Premiership games. This season, we have a good squad, and a team which can challenge and beat the top sides, and roll over the mid-table sides we all to often drew against before. Kuyt will be our top scorer next season, and will get of to a blinder at the start of the season, along with the rest of the squad. So, I predict a champion finish next season.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #31: Jul 14, 2007 02:42:38 pm
       >:(
      3rd
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #32: Jul 14, 2007 02:54:42 pm
      Who the hell voted for UEFA cup?! ???
      Vegetables_luv_Manure
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #33: Jul 14, 2007 05:51:57 pm
      I`ve gone for the runners up as well.
      Unfortunately i think Fergie`s squad is too good at the moment.

Hope i`m wrong though and the new signings gel pretty quickly into the team.
      Consistancy has to be a lot better especially with the lesser tems, far too many stupid points thrown away last season.
      We have to start and make our possession count and be more of a threat in front of goal which hopefully we will have with our new signings.
      Jamesred
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #34: Jul 15, 2007 06:44:39 am
      I've had to go with runners up also.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #35: Jul 15, 2007 08:39:36 am

Given the currentl signings and the huge expectation for winning the Prem this year I am prepared to 'stick my neck out' and say we could win it.

Need a very good start however and MUST beat the top four sides in our quest for the title.

We can do it!

:champ:
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #36: Jul 15, 2007 10:15:32 am
      This has to be our season, with the new strike force we have bought, we have no excuse not to push Manchester U til the end. I'm pretty much ecpecting at least a runner up spot.
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #37: Jul 15, 2007 10:28:23 am
      I've got everything crossed that this year we'll win it, and I'm hoping for a good run in the cup competitions too
      Jrwanderer
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • Team Spirit of Champions
      Reply #38: Jul 15, 2007 08:03:26 pm
      I've gone for Champions!! :o

We have the best defence in the league.
      The greatest wealth of midfield talent in the world!
      And now Mr Rafa is making the front line quite exciting as well.

Heres hoping! ;D
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #39: Jul 16, 2007 12:37:03 am
      I think we are a bit short of winning the title as the urinals have been very busy and added to a very strong squad.  If we can beat Chelsea to second spot it will be a good stepping stone to bring the title home the season after.  Obviously, this could change if we do more business in the transfer market and if our recruits settle quicker than those of the urinals. 

It seems to me that mourinho is going to revert to a more consistent 4-5-1 system next season.  If so, then it depends on the new and so-called upcoming teams to take points from them.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #40: Jul 16, 2007 03:32:29 pm
      I`ve gone for the runners up as well.
      Unfortunately I think Fergie`s squad is too good at the moment.

Does that make you a vegetable?

Quick Reply