Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Where will Liverpool finish in the 2007/08 Premiership?

Champions
      22 (30.1%)
      Runners Up
      38 (52.1%)
      3rd place
      12 (16.4%)
      4th place
      0 (0%)
      UEFA Cup Spot 5/6/7th
      1 (1.4%)
      Mid-Table
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: Jul 21, 2007 09:32:51 pm

Vote: No messing.. hand on heart time!

Read 4432 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Vote: No messing.. hand on heart time!
      Jul 11, 2007 09:31:25 pm
      Put those red tinted spectacles to one side.  Hand on heart time.

Where will we finish in the league this season?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: Vote: No messing.. hand on heart time!
      Reply #1: Jul 11, 2007 09:46:09 pm
      I've gone for runner's up.

I think Chelsea have a decent enough squad, but the £££'s seem to now have unsettled the squad - third for them.
      Liverpool - have to get off to a great start. Will be interesting to see how many new signings will be first teamers. Need to win against middle / top teams away from home !!
      Moan Urinals - defo have the squad now. Seems to have quality all over it (maybe short of cover in defence).

Arsenal, well they've got to battle with Spurs for fourth.

So, apart from Torres, I don't think we've signed what you call a genuine first team player. Maybe, Babel will / hopefully prove me wrong, but it could be more of the same, with a little more consistency.
      Last season, the early fixtures caught us out with having to play the BIG 3 and the bluesh1te away early on. These games came too early for us and we struggled.
      Now, as Gerrard states, we cannot afford a slack start, the first 2 months are so vital for us (as-well as the next 8 months after).
      Let's hope we're all still buzzing with anticipation come November, and can push for that top spot by May.
      That's my view, just trying to be realistic.
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #2: Jul 11, 2007 09:59:44 pm
      I have to say runner up spot this year. I just cant see anyone knocking The Manc sh*te off the top this year. They have bought some class players, that can only strengthen what was already, a pretty formidable squad.......hate to say It but 2nd for me. But this time next year...............
      sell73out
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 11, 2007 10:00:24 pm
      I've had to go with runners up also. I really really REALLY want it to be better than that, but I'm just not sure of it at the moment. Maybe once we've got all the transfers done and dusted I can sit back and take it all in, but untill the windows closed I thinks it's still up in the air.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #4: Jul 11, 2007 10:02:20 pm
      Going to reserve judgement on this until I see who we sign. Based on our current squad I'd say third, but a lot further ahead of Arsenal & closer to the top two. I do honestly believe though that if we buy the right two wingers we could be first this season.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Jul 11, 2007 10:19:59 pm
      Going for us to be Champions come May.  I think with the consistansy at the start of the season, and no stupid results like 0-0 against Middlesborough away.  We must put as many points away as we can.  And also, not to be beaten by Man United, Arsenal, or Chelsea.

Hopefully we should fill the holes this coming season!

:scarf:
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #6: Jul 12, 2007 05:01:32 am
      I'm afraid I have to go for third place at the min, but definitely a lot closer to United and Chelsea. I think Man U squad has quality all over it and I'm afraid they may just edge us unless we sign two top class wingers. I don't know much about Babel but hopefully he may be one of the answers to our winger problems. Chelsea have also improved on their squad and I can see Malouda being a decent aquisition for them. Hopefully I am proved wrong on this and will change my opinion if we sign anymore players!!

I think Arsenal may find it tough this season and I can see spurs pipping them for fourth place. Every year for the past 3 seasons I have said we will finish top so this year I will be a bit more cautious and it may happen ;)
      glebe17
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -1 
      Reply #7: Jul 12, 2007 07:28:00 am
      I have to go with a runners-up spot for this season.

I think it will take time for our newer players to settle in and get used to Rafa's squad rotation plans.

God I hope I'm wrong though!!! Come on lads. Lets go all the way......
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #8: Jul 12, 2007 09:18:19 am
      Sorry to be a pessimist but I had to go for third spot as for me it's not possible to gauge any progress we might make until we see what influence the new signings have. I do however agree that at least we are now competing for a better class of player than we have been in recent years and the introduction of more skilful players can only help improve those who need it and galvanise those who don’t, and I am especially looking forward to the Torres/Kuyt partnership.
      But for me it is absolutely essential that we don’t make our usual sluggish start to a season and stick to the usual top two like glue,as mrtommo said if we where top or thereabouts come November then I think Josie and Taggart would have to deal with a three horse race instead of two and obviously the club would start to gain confidence and momentum as we go into our traditionally stronger part of the season.
      As I say my boring practical side says third, but if everything gels then who knows? I suppose I just don’t want to tempt fate and predict a title come May but deep down I suppose every Red starts the season with that dream in mind.
      « Last Edit: Jul 12, 2007 09:20:46 am by Glenbuck »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #9: Jul 12, 2007 09:32:58 am
      Any chance of extending the poll to just before the first game of the season? Like I said before I don't wanna judge until I see who we're buying.
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #10: Jul 12, 2007 10:02:03 am
      Gone for second but if your in the mix at the run in come April/May, then anythink can happen.  I like the fact that we have cover in almost every position on the park, you have only got to look at Chelski last year, playing Essien at center half when they had no one else to play (they still haven't got a fit left back now) it cost them the title.

A good start breeds confidence and expectation, so lets hope we have a good first 10 games eh!

DH
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #11: Jul 12, 2007 10:04:23 am
      Runners up spot for me too!

I think with a few more signings then it will be a good race between us and United but at the moment their depth and quality is just too much for us!

Chelsea don't seem to be any further than they were at the end of the season! Even after a few signings, they still seem the same!
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #12: Jul 12, 2007 03:49:13 pm
      Going to reserve judgement on this until I see who we sign. Based on our current squad I'd say third, but a lot further ahead of Arsenal & closer to the top two. I do honestly believe though that if we buy the right two wingers we could be first this season.
      id agree 100% with you Eddie....in signing the right 2 wingers, we can win the league!!!
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #13: Jul 12, 2007 05:20:50 pm
      I'm always an optimist but to be truthful i haven't got a clue i think we'll see more goals from kuyt better play down the left with kewell and babel but I'm not sure were we'll finish. everyone at the club will be up for it a i bet there's a great atmosphere at melwood.YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,881 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14: Jul 12, 2007 05:29:13 pm
      Hate to say it as well, but I ,unfortunately think we will finish s....s....s....second >:(.  I think the Mancs will win it but they won't have a 21 point margin over us this season....they just seem to have quality all over the park...except that pr**k Neville who I still reckon is very much overrated. As for Chelski....I'm hoping they're fighting for 3rd with Arsenal, Tottenham and the Trotters and we can put some distance between ourselves and those also rans so that in the last few weeks, we're not looking over our shoulders but in front of us at those Mancs, hoping they drop vital points to hand us the Title. I'd just love it if the Mancs lost there 2 games against Keano's Sunderland and in the end that's what cost them the Title.....oh yeah and we beat them twice as well ;)....they say dreams do come true..
      Cy
      Reply #15: Jul 12, 2007 06:11:15 pm
      I really think that we can make it and that we will make it, so I'll go for Champion. I agree that we might have not signing the top class player except Torres but in the same time the club, the squad, the fan all of us know that this will be our target number one.

The premiership is always been something out of this world in terms of adventure and with a very good start this season I dont see why we couldn't make it. With the january thransfer window, we might be able to bring players that we missed this summer and that will give us plenty of time to change things if needed, the only condition will be to start well and keep consistent till then. Come on Reds.

RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #16: Jul 12, 2007 07:05:24 pm
      Im going to wait until the day before our first game before i vote, but if we get another RW then who knows....
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #17: Jul 12, 2007 07:06:23 pm
      Runners up it will take a awesome effort to finish ahead of utd if they play like they did last season.Sorry.
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #18: Jul 12, 2007 08:21:55 pm
      Champions for me. But follow my logic.

I've had my season ticket for 14 years now but this season our kid is having it off me (just for this year mind!) as i've got a new job working most weekends. I'll pick up tickets for the games I can make through friends.

So what you ask? Well it's sods bloody law that we will the league this year when I'm hardly ever there, playing some of the most entertaining football we've seen in years!  ???

Told you first!  ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #19: Jul 12, 2007 08:59:03 pm
      Sorry, but I'm going for Champions this year, no less, I think we'll have strength in all areas by the start of the season so I'm being optimistic. Starting to get slight butteflies now, only 4 weeks to go, the excitement is building  :o
      bred54
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #20: Jul 12, 2007 09:14:07 pm
      If we get off to a good start i think we will run to very close second, last season we were poor at the start of the season but got better. With the additions to the squad we should improve, but a good start is vital
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #21: Jul 12, 2007 11:02:04 pm
      had to go third still think mancs and chelski have better squads that play better together and its alot to ask for for the new lads coming in to perform straight away. i just hope we put up a fight tho the way we finished third this year was awefull i'd like to see us still in with a chance of winning it come april
      lets hope!
      come forward the person who thinks 5th 6th! just like to know what basis you put this on
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #22: Jul 12, 2007 11:23:33 pm
      If we get a decent right winger and carra and stevie remain injury free I can see us coming 2nd and only trailing United  by a few points. I think that would be a pretty good result as United have....and I'm having to swallow the bile that is surging up my throat.....have bought class players and can't look beyond them. As for the chavs, I can see the wheels flying off that one......train wreck in the making!

As for going down....Fulham, Derby and Wigan....they bought Bramble so they must want to be relegated!

Quick Reply