Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Rafa hits back at owners changes

Read 17825 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Rafa hits back at owners changes
      Reply #161: Oct 20, 2010 09:31:12 am
      So Solodee, you post this particular Kenwar article:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=33822.msg811386#msg811386

Underneath that pile of sh*te your objective comments are:

War of Words! Counter-accusations and open spite.

Now personally I've been on Kenwars site once and whilst it was a while ago now it only achieved one objective and that was to get my back up. The reason? Its full of the most self serving, biased opinion second only to Fergusons thoughts. You offer no agreement or disagreement with Kenwar or ANY objective comment. Your only comments I find are the minimum to make other posters rise to the bait that is Kenwars biased opinion. Whilst you find some of his 'articles' insightful, personally i find them inciteful.

My original post that's so offensive to your delicate eyes:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=33822.msg810989#msg810989

You are entitled to your opinion and also entitled to give reasons why YOUR opinions are the way they are. But I think it's cheap and disrespectful to give gutter reasons as to why other Liverpool FC fans who hold a different view from yours, feel the way they do. That is wrong

Why does it have to be that those who don't share your opinion about Rafa must be lining up with the mancs or bluenoses or SKY Sports Pundits? That is childish and lame.

Myself, I am a realistic Rafa supporter; but it irks me when any view that exposes Rafa's flaw is visited it insults and snide comments. To Criticize Rafa, you must be anti-Liverpool FC?

Only morons run down articles without reading them just because the writer is some annoying dude. If I read anything by jamie Kwanmar that I don't agree with, I will make it clear; not hide behind that silly wall of ignorance called "ignore Jamie Kwanmar's comments". Annoying as he is, he has also written some very insightful articles about the club, new owners, debt repayment and what it covers and monies spent.

Concerning the article I posted, truth be told - Rafa needs to stop and just walk away from journalists. The MD is still the MD of a club just trying to settle down. No need to stir sh*t up.

My original comments about Anti-Rafa posters is MY opinion and whilst you disagree you fail to provide me with why you find my opinion so childish and lame. I never stated that anyone Anti-Rafa was a Bluenose or Sky Pundit lover when my original comment was "Tabloids, sports Journalists, Pundits, Mancs etc.". Me laying such accusations that you say are "insults and snide comments" can only be construed as such if they are true and sometimes the truth hurts. Look inside yourself. The offended can only be offended by the truth, only an imbecile would defend another imbecile.

You say "Only morons run down articles without reading them" does that mean you'd gladly pay a subscription to craptalk? No because that would be moronic, separating the wheat from the chaff takes a bit more intelligence than just soaking up every piece of LFC related sh*t out there.

I'm sure we'll agree on one point, that being there ARE people/Journalists/Bloggers/Pundits who are Anti-LFC. Them same people were the Anti-Rafa brigade. They haven't changed their allegiance, Rafa's gone and the need to dissect the man has gone. Except at CL weeks when he'll be asked by the same people the same LFC questions because they want a story. If you ever respected the man you should respect his right to reply, as you expect yours to be respected.

You say "To Criticize Rafa, you must be anti-Liverpool FC?". If that's true then i must be Anti-LFC as I've criticised him many times myself. I assure you I am not. In the original comment you deem so offensive I even criticised him in that.

If, as you say, Kenwar has written some insightful articles then please feel free (objective mind essential) to point them out as I find his opinion bordering left of bias as a constant, minimum.

Your final comment:

"Concerning the article I posted, truth be told - Rafa needs to stop and just walk away from journalists. The MD is still the MD of a club just trying to settle down. No need to stir sh*t up."

I'll finish this with the same paragraph i finished my original 'childish, lame & insulting' post

If he (Rafa) chooses to add his opinion, under questioning by the same journalists who called for his head, then I for one welcome his opinion. He has expressed his love for Liverpool as a club and the city as a whole and as a fan he can say whatever he wants. Its exactly the same as this forum, the majority of us are avid LFC fans but as with this issue our opinions differ.

Don't assassinate the man for loving our Kloob, applaud him for caring.

IRIT

YNWA

P.S Whats your opinion on Hodgson? :)

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #162: Oct 20, 2010 09:32:09 am
      Just watched the interview, and tellingly, Rafa says "The managing director was talking with SOME players"

One name immediately springs to mind - but then the daft c**t already thinks he knows more about football than Shanks, Bob and Kenny combined...
      Apparently, READING a lot of books about the game is an excellent subsitute for experience...
      Come on mate...managing, it's F***ing piss! If you know the theory of how it should be done then what could possibly go wrong ;)
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #163: Oct 20, 2010 09:34:44 am
      Come on mate...managing, it's F***ing piss! If you know the theory of how it should be done then what could possibly go wrong ;)

Any student of the game will tell you that Graham Taylor, and that bloke from the FA who said something about 95% of goals are scored when the ball is in the opposition 3rd were spot on.

The major difference is how you get it there ;) some like to lump it up there, some like to pass it up there ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #164: Oct 20, 2010 09:45:35 am
      I leave and come back to Jamie Kanwar. Brilliant.

The day i believe what he says and accept his articles is the day Margaret Thatcher has a drink in a Scouse pub, i run nude across water and i fly to the moon with nothing but cardboard wings. All while juggling three elephants and a chainsaw.

On a separate note, Thatchers got the Flu. A call to raise OAPs winter fuel allowance?  >:D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #165: Oct 20, 2010 10:51:09 am
      Blanco y en botella (white and in a bottle) is a shortening of a longer phrase that has come to mean something that is self-evident or obvious, based on the available evidence (although the caveat is that there remains a chance that it might not be what it appears to be).

If itā€™s white and itā€™s in a bottle, it must be milk. Essentially, itā€™s a Spanish equivalent of: ā€œIf it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, the chances are it is a duck.ā€ It also tends to get used as an equivalent of ā€œdone and dustedā€ or ā€œin the bagā€. So a player who is reported to be definitely on the way to a new club, even if it has not been formally confirmed, will often be described as blanco y en botella. Especially if he is joining Real Madrid, because of blanco being white.

Speaking of milk, la leche also means ā€œthe businessā€, brilliant, great. Fernando Torres is ā€œla lecheā€. Although not right now he isnā€™t. The same goes for the hostia ā€” literally, the communion wafer, the host bread. Put bluntly, the dogā€™s

--------. And milk can be used for the opposite too: mala leche, bad milk, can be moody, angry, edgy. A player who is dirty and aggressive is often described as having ā€œbad milkā€.

Pez gordo. Fat fish. Big cheese, in its English equivalent. Liverpoolā€™s new Fat Fish is John W Henry.

For Interest Only.
      From todays online Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8074570/Meet-John-the-Milkman-the-man-at-the-centre-of-Rafa-Benitezs-barmy-outburst.html
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #166: Oct 20, 2010 10:58:01 am
      That is quite an accusation.  Do you have anything to back it up...?

Oh sure there's plenty for all but the myopic who choose not to see it.

Piercing Purslow's PR exercise
      By Brendan Leary on Sep 22, 10 02:39 PM

This much can be said for Christian Purslow: he's not the root cause of the problems at Liverpool.

And you can extend things further than that: he's clearly quite canny.

Just look at the PR work he's done in recent days.

First, wasn't last week's story about Hicks and the Blackstone Group rather strange?

As best as I can tell via NewsNow, that story was broken via the Telegraph last Thursday night/Friday.

The question is, who informed them?

Presumably neither Hicks nor Gillett. None of the content flattered them.

It could have been Blackstone themselves. But it isn't normal for Blackstone to talk out of school. Especially about a deal that was already dead.
      Yes, already dead. Monday's Financial Times reported Blackstone's decision not to take up Hicks' proposal came last week.
      So why were we hearing about it on Friday through to Monday. To quote Mr Purslow,
      "a good rule of thumb is that if you're reading about it, then it probably isn't real."
      So who's the leaker?
      What about the club's senior independent officers?
      Well, they actually came out of the re-financing story pretty well:

"Broughton, managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre blocked the American's last attempt to refinance in June. They did so only having taken legal advice from Slaughter & May that they were able to do so."

Ah, the good guys. Stick it to H&G, fellas!

Kind of fits well with Mr Purslow's key messages from the Q&A, doesn't it? Judging from the order of questions, here are the Q&A highlights I believe Christian wanted to advertise to Liverpool fans...

"The club offered me the job."

"I'm a third-generation fan, I've been a season ticket holder for many years"

"the possible sale of the club - and I consider it the most important thing I will ever do in my business career "

"All I can do is make sure when they are willing to do so that I can say hand on heart that these are the right new owners for the club. I assure you I consider that to be an awesome burden of responsibility but I am very well qualified to do that properly."

"any incurrence of indebtedness by Liverpool Football Club needs full Board approval. The non-owner directors have made it clear that's not what we want to see happen."

"It's not about me. I don't have a contract."

"The Board didn't sack Rafa. Rafa's exit was about as clear cut a case of mutual consent as I have ever been involved in in my life."

There's nothing wrong with using the media intelligently for self-promotion. And for what it's worth, I think Mr Purslow is simply streets ahead of Rick Parry.

But it's up to fans to appreciate when we are getting played.

Back to the Telegraph.

The Telegraph's Paul Kelso and Rory Smith have become something of a go to source for Liverpool's boardroom goings-on. For instance,

Liverpool co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are considering appointing an independent chairman at Anfield and have sounded out leading business figures, including British Airways chairman Martin Broughton, about taking on the role, Telegraph Sport can disclose.

That's a boardroom scoop if ever I heard one. But how about,

Chinese businessman Kenny Huang did not enter a formal bid for Liverpool after his "anchor investor" walked away because of the torrent of publicity surrounding the deal, Telegraph Sport can disclose.

Impressive. How about,

A Liverpool board meeting scheduled for Thursday to discuss offers for the club has been postponed, providing further evidence of the complications and uncertainty surrounding the club's future.

Seriously, is Paul Kelso taking the Board Minutes? Might as well be with access that good. Here's another:

Sources with knowledge of the deal told The Daily Telegraph on Thursday night that the decision was taken to shift the American's Ā£237 million loan to RBS's Global Restructuring Group when Hicks and Gillett were in negotiations over extending their financing deal with the bank.

Can't see RBS or H&G leaking that one. How about,

"Telegraph Sport can disclose that the club board, led by new chairman Martin Broughton, has concluded that BenĆ­tez is no longer the man to deliver progress at Anfield." (2 Jun 2010)

Hang on .....

That one doesn't sound like the "about as clear cut a case of mutual consent as I have ever been involved in in my life." that Mr Purslow spoke of on Wednesday.

And if you "go back and check" as Purslow suggests, here's Rafa's positions, as expressed within the fortnight before he was forced out (19 and 22 May):

"My future is with Liverpool,"
      "I have four more years of contract and I want to succeed.
      'I have four years left on my Liveprool contract, I'm very happy, settled, the fans are fantastic and I am delighted,'

I have no offer [from another club]. I hope to make a competitive team.

"Does the manager have absolute power in England?"
      "My critics in London say that I am not a good manager and experts with an English accent here [in Madrid] say the same. But Liverpool has had an average of 69 points in the last 12 seasons. The club made a huge mistake, which was to start winning four trophies [under his management]. Then people will ask for more. [Sir Alex] Ferguson took seven years to win the Premier League.
      "No, it depends on a budget and on the executive director that negotiates the signings of players.
      "And it depends on the money you have and the intelligence with which you operate in the market place.
      "Look at the wages picked up by the players on Chelsea or Manchester United's substitutes' bench: (John) Obi Mikel, (Michael) Owen, (Salomon) Kalou, (Dimitar) Berbatov, (Michael) Carrick could be on Ā£4million a year!
      "When Portsmouth offered Peter Crouch more money than we were paying him and promised him a starting place, it became very complicated for us to keep hold of him. The arrival of Fernando Torres meant he couldn't play as often at Liverpool."
      "Some people say I have spent Ā£280 million.
      "But we have spent Ā£220million on players and generated Ā£160million in player sales. That is the equivalent of a Ā£60million net spend over six years: in other words, Ā£10million spent per year.
      "Deduct from that figure the Ā£120million revenue from the Champions League success and qualification over that period, and we have in fact generated an additional Ā£60million benefits for the club."

Does that sound like a man who'd decided it was best if he moved on? Hardly. They
      put a gun to his head.

Just shows that while it may be the case that in a technical, legal sense Rafa wasn't sacked, but he certainly received the club's moral dismissal.

He and we fans deserved much better.

How about being a bit straighter with us on the questions, Christian? We aren't that stupid.

Have you got questions you want Christian's straight answers to? I know I do.

http://www.liverpoolbanter.co.uk/2010/09/piercing-purslows-pr-exercisera.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LiverpoolBanter+%28Liverpool+Banter%29

Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #167: Oct 20, 2010 11:28:14 am
      Rafa is dead.     f**king right.

Exactly.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #168: Oct 20, 2010 11:39:17 am
      Rafa is dead F***ing right what he said, he was defending himself against a massive personal attack from Hicks did you not see that interview. Is he meant to just ignore someone slandering him.

Not big OR clever.  :rasp:
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #169: Oct 20, 2010 11:56:35 am
      Personally I totally believe Rafa was made to carry the can ( in the form of white liquid in a bottle) for H&G as they denied him funds, worked against him and then sat in the background as we finished seventh giving the media a stick to beat him with.
      I also believe forces within the team were conspiring too (of them).

This is my opinion of course but do I think Purslow, Roy or senior players at LFC could dig us out of this mess. No I don't. I think Rafa could.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #170: Oct 20, 2010 12:06:31 pm
      Personally I totally believe Rafa was made to carry the can ( in the form of white liquid in a bottle) for H&G as they denied him funds, worked against him and then sat in the background as we finished seventh giving the media a stick to beat him with.
      I also believe forces within the team were conspiring too (of them).

This is my opinion of course but do I think Purslow, Roy or senior players at LFC could dig us out of this mess. No I don't. I think Rafa could.

At this moment in time, I think he's the only one who could, as he already knows the players, the league, the opposition and what needs to be put right behind the scenes in regards to training staff, medical staff etc.

It would be a huge task for anyone not familiar with the club.

But then of course, it would open the way for exit of at least one player, so the question would then become, who would be more valuable to the club, and who would be out the door?
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #171: Oct 20, 2010 12:14:19 pm
      At this moment in time, I think he's the only one who could, as he already knows the players, the league, the opposition and what needs to be put right behind the scenes in regards to training staff, medical staff etc.

It would be a huge task for anyone not familiar with the club.

But then of course, it would open the way for exit of at least one player, so the question would then become, who would be more valuable to the club, and who would be out the door?

I honestly would not care who he sold as long as he could use the funds and some more to get players of his choice in.
      Personally the only 3 players I really would love to keep are Pepe, Agger and Fernando. Make no mistake Stevie is one of my favourite all time players.
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #172: Oct 20, 2010 03:13:59 pm

Well it looks as though the board have seen through Purslime and discreetly given him the boot.

It's beginning to feel like the club I knew and loved again now that we've got rid of Hicks, Gillett, Purslime and Broughton. Hodgson won't be far behind...

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #173: Oct 20, 2010 03:57:10 pm
      Come off it - where have you been for the last 6 years?? Rafa has always had more than enough to say about how the club was run, usually making himself look a bit foolish in the process. He set himself up for a hard time with the press. He needs to look up "dignity" in the dictionary.

Bollocks, the cu*ts in the press had a agenda with him the minute he took the job on, do you not remember in the first few months of the job, that pr**k Jeff Powell describing him as a bank manager rather than a manager of LFC.

I'd rather have someone like Rafa who got stuck into the owners and fought OUR fight rather than the old F***ing shithouse we have in the job now.

And for those six years we were, rightly described as one of the the best teams in Europe. So I take your happy fighting relegation with this nice gentleman, who the press like, doesn't get involved in how the club is runand has tonnes of "dignity" just like his mate Dave from over the park.

It's because of people like you and the others who slagged Rafa off, that we are in the situation we are. FACT!!
      « Last Edit: Oct 20, 2010 04:21:33 pm by HUYTON RED »
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #174: Oct 20, 2010 03:57:41 pm
      It's because of people like you and the others who slagged Rafa off, that we are in the situation we are. FACT!!

Amen.
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #175: Oct 20, 2010 04:00:15 pm

Bollocks, the cu*ts in the press had a agenda with him the minute he took the job on, do you not remember in the first few months of the job, that pr**k Jeff Powell describing him as a bank manager rather than a manager of LFC.

I'd rather have someone like Rafa who got stuck into the owners and fought OUR fight rasther than the old f**king shithouse we haver in the job now.

And for those six years we were, rightly described as one of the the best teams in Europe. So I take your happy fighting relegation with this nice gentleman, who the press like, doesn't get involved in how the club is runand has tonnes of "dignity" just like his mate Dave from over the park.

Hit the nail right on the head.

If they took the hint and left with their mates they's be doing us all a favour.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #176: Oct 20, 2010 05:24:29 pm
      Got milk?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #177: Oct 20, 2010 05:54:36 pm
      Skimmed...

and a duck please.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #178: Oct 20, 2010 07:36:48 pm
      So Solodee, you post this particular Kenwar article:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=33822.msg811386#msg811386

Underneath that pile of sh*te your objective comments are:

Now personally I've been on Kenwars site once and whilst it was a while ago now it only achieved one objective and that was to get my back up. The reason? Its full of the most self serving, biased opinion second only to Fergusons thoughts. You offer no agreement or disagreement with Kenwar or ANY objective comment. Your only comments I find are the minimum to make other posters rise to the bait that is Kenwars biased opinion. Whilst you find some of his 'articles' insightful, personally I find them inciteful.

My original post that's so offensive to your delicate eyes:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=33822.msg810989#msg810989

My original comments about Anti-Rafa posters is MY opinion and whilst you disagree you fail to provide me with why you find my opinion so childish and lame. I never stated that anyone Anti-Rafa was a Bluenose or Sky Pundit lover when my original comment was "Tabloids, sports Journalists, Pundits, Mancs etc.". Me laying such accusations that you say are "insults and snide comments" can only be construed as such if they are true and sometimes the truth hurts. Look inside yourself. The offended can only be offended by the truth, only an imbecile would defend another imbecile.

You say "Only morons run down articles without reading them" does that mean you'd gladly pay a subscription to craptalk? No because that would be moronic, separating the wheat from the chaff takes a bit more intelligence than just soaking up every piece of LFC related sh*t out there.

I'm sure we'll agree on one point, that being there ARE people/Journalists/Bloggers/Pundits who are Anti-LFC. Them same people were the Anti-Rafa brigade. They haven't changed their allegiance, Rafa's gone and the need to dissect the man has gone. Except at CL weeks when he'll be asked by the same people the same LFC questions because they want a story. If you ever respected the man you should respect his right to reply, as you expect yours to be respected.

You say "To Criticize Rafa, you must be anti-Liverpool FC?". If that's true then I must be Anti-LFC as I've criticised him many times myself. I assure you I am not. In the original comment you deem so offensive I even criticised him in that.

If, as you say, Kenwar has written some insightful articles then please feel free (objective mind essential) to point them out as I find his opinion bordering left of bias as a constant, minimum.

Your final comment:

"Concerning the article I posted, truth be told - Rafa needs to stop and just walk away from journalists. The MD is still the MD of a club just trying to settle down. No need to stir sh*t up."

I'll finish this with the same paragraph I finished my original 'childish, lame & insulting' post

If he (Rafa) chooses to add his opinion, under questioning by the same journalists who called for his head, then I for one welcome his opinion. He has expressed his love for Liverpool as a club and the city as a whole and as a fan he can say whatever he wants. Its exactly the same as this forum, the majority of us are avid LFC fans but as with this issue our opinions differ.

Don't assassinate the man for loving our Kloob, applaud him for caring.

IRIT

YNWA

O dear! So long a response.

Bottom line? Don't give reasons why fans who feel differently about Rafa feel the way they to. Let them do that.

Kawnmar is obsessed with Rafa Benitez just like most of us folks on here except he points a finger at Rafa rather than hug him.

I said he's written some insightful articles; unfortunately for some fans, it is true. A recent article he wrote about how the Ā£ 300 million would be used to clear most of the club's debts was good. He also investigated the claim by H&G that they have put Ā£ 270 million in the club. Good too. "We keeps it real here" ;D

He may be a bell end, but bell ends have rights too.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #179: Oct 20, 2010 07:41:09 pm
      Solodee do you know he also wrote various articles in support of Hicks and Gillette surely that shows you what a bell end he is
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #180: Oct 20, 2010 07:43:52 pm

Someone is not doing his job well; seeing that Hodgson is still the Manager. I posted before the Everton game that RH should resign after the Everton game.

There was a time I asked that the fans gave him more time. Well, that time has elapsed. Time for RH to leave.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #181: Oct 20, 2010 07:44:58 pm
      O dear! So long a response.

Bottom line? Don't give reasons why fans who feel differently about Rafa feel the way they to. Let them do that.

Kawnmar is obsessed with Rafa Benitez just like most of us folks on here except he points a finger at Rafa rather than hug him.

I said he's written some insightful articles; unfortunately for some fans, it is true. A recent article he wrote about how the Ā£ 300 million would be used to clear most of the club's debts was good. He also investigated the claim by H&G that they have put Ā£ 270 million in the club. Good too. "We keeps it real here" ;D

He may be a bell end, but bell ends have rights too.

Not when it's that little shithouse they don't, the pr**k has a serious problem with scousers, which is amusing as he claims to support Liverpool.

After many of his articles slagging off SOS, they invited him up to Liverpool to see what the Union is about and it's aims and I stress the word invited. He contacted them back saying can't they meet somewhere neutral like Birmingham or London!! Why the F**k would you want to meet somewhere neutral?

He's a massive bellend and his articles if they can be called that should be avoided at all costs.

I personally find his stuff being posted on here offensive!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #182: Oct 20, 2010 07:45:08 pm
      Inter 1 up!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #183: Oct 20, 2010 07:48:03 pm
      Rafa is lucky Roy left them in such a good way after his time there, it is Roys team that is beating Spurs one nil. I'm just imaging what Patrick Barclay and Henry Winter are thinking.

Quick Reply