Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Rafa hits back at owners changes

Read 17800 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Rafa hits back at owners changes
      Reply #207: Oct 21, 2010 12:09:24 pm

Gave it up long ago.
      and the wacky.

Stone Cold Sober and Deranged.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #208: Oct 21, 2010 01:09:01 pm
      Some kinda milk bottle banner for Sunday with thanks RAFA on it  :nod:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #209: Oct 21, 2010 01:18:18 pm
      Gave it up long ago.
      and the wacky.

Stone Cold Sober and Deranged.

and the MILK.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #210: Oct 21, 2010 05:05:33 pm
      Well fook me

Rafa uses a Spanish saying about pints of milk and the press make a tw*t of him

Ferguson goes on about cows in a field and its a passionateresponse to Rooney leaving?

Fook me tice they over respect him while show Rafa none at all C**ts
      LFCexiled
      Reply #211: Oct 21, 2010 05:20:22 pm
      Well fook me

Rafa uses a Spanish saying about pints of milk and the press make a tw*t of him

Ferguson goes on about cows in a field and its a passionateresponse to Rooney leaving?

Fook me tice they over respect him while show Rafa none at all C**ts

Not to worry Bri the old whisky supping Jock will be dead within 2 years. Lets start a death list, first 2 on are Ferguson and Thatcher.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #212: Oct 21, 2010 05:22:26 pm
      Shut up and get on with the job.   Prove everyone wrong. Win the CL this year with Inter. Double Winner.
      Yours is in managing the European champions.

How sweeter that would be for Rafa....... without the milk rant.
      Let the football do the talking.
      San Siro   4-3 tonight. Champions League.

Talking of football doing the talking...

Sunday, 16 August 2009 - Barclays Premier League
      Tottenham Hotspur 2 Liverpool FC 1

Monday, 24 August 2009 - Barclays Premier League
      Liverpool FC 1 Aston Villa 3

Saturday 17 October 2009 - Barclays Premier League
      Sunderland 1 Liverpool FC 0

Tuesday 20 October 2009 - UEFA Champions League group stage
      Liverpool FC 1 Lyon 2

Saturday 31 October 2009 - Barclays Premier League
      Fulham 3 Liverpool FC 1

Wednesday 09 December 2009 - UEFA Champions League group stage
      Liverpool FC 1 Fiorentina 2

Saturday 19 December 2009 - Barclays Premier League
      Portsmouth 2 Liverpool FC 0

Champions League worthy performances.
      Ive left out any big four matches.

you're kidding me right? you picked a few bad results from one bad season out of several excellent seasons rafa had in his time at lfc. I could post a similar thread with glorious results against real, manc, barca and a number of the continents' best teams in rafa's tenure here.

manc lost at home to villa last year, cheslea lost 3-1 to wigan that season, arsenal lost to blackburn. do we brand the managers as sh!te? yes I know they made champs league and we didn't, but rafa's champs league record over the previous 5 seasons was better than each of these teams (you can counter argue every point).

what I want to know, is why you are so anti-rafa? I can understand if you just said you didn't agree with his tactics or with his approach, but can you really deny the fact that the man won us 2 of the biggest cups in a short space of time, brought superstars to the club and made us into genuine european heavyweights? I don't get where your anti rafa sentiment stems from.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #213: Oct 21, 2010 05:55:20 pm
      :D

Anyway, my take, Rafa is gone, nothing we can do about it now, and he won't be back in the next 3 years at least. If we had actually got a decent manager in, and not the clown in charge, then we wouldn't be having this whole 'I told you so' thing going on. So I would say it's time for us all to move on, and if he comes back to us at some stage then that's great, but for now, let's focus on the team again, it's been a long time since we've been able to!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #214: Oct 21, 2010 11:13:23 pm
      Eurored made a right tit of himself so he ran away. Thoroughly entertaining :D

Eurored made some valid points but was steamrollered by the Rafalites. Have a huge respect for Rafa Benitez but he did waste a lot of money on mediocre players, over 75 players in total. Yes, he should have been given another season but, it wasn't to be.

If Rafa comes back then you won't hear me complain, he would now be able to compete on a pretty even playing field. Eurored made a valid point again though, Rafa is now the manager of Inter Milan, i bet the Inter fans aren't too happy reading these interviews. He should concentrate purely on the job in hand, the Inter Milan job.

If a neutral came onto this forum they'd be convinced that Rafa was still here. If he comes back then all well and good, until then let sleeping dogs lie, we have more pressing matters in hand.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #215: Oct 21, 2010 11:17:22 pm

you're kidding me right? you picked a few bad results from one bad season out of several excellent seasons rafa had in his time at lfc. I could post a similar thread with glorious results against real, manc, barca and a number of the continents' best teams in rafa's tenure here.

manc lost at home to villa last year, cheslea lost 3-1 to wigan that season, arsenal lost to blackburn. do we brand the managers as sh!te? yes I know they made champs league and we didn't, but rafa's champs league record over the previous 5 seasons was better than each of these teams (you can counter argue every point).

what I want to know, is why you are so anti-rafa? I can understand if you just said you didn't agree with his tactics or with his approach, but can you really deny the fact that the man won us 2 of the biggest cups in a short space of time, brought superstars to the club and made us into genuine european heavyweights? I don't get where your anti rafa sentiment stems from.

He's not anti-Rafa at all mate. He's just reiterating the fact that Rafa is no longer here and that we have more pressing concerns to deal with, like our current manager for example.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #216: Oct 22, 2010 07:51:54 am
      I have a lot of respect for ya hardcore, but read euro's post again. H was clearly on a wind up, and was clearly going over the top on the anti-Rafa tripe. Yes, we all love the guy. but as much as i wish he was still here, i know the chances of him coming back are less than 1% at the moment, so i am looking to the future (hopefully Pellegrini, if i had my choice) however i will not stand for someone bad mouthing Rafa TO THE EXTENT that euro took it. Yes, Rafa made bad decisions. Yes, he bought a few bad players. However, we all know he was going second or third choice at times as well as the board room issues. IMO, euro made no valid points that have not already been made, and he simply took the opportunity to bad mouth Rafa to wind up people as he knew it would work.

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2010 08:17:41 am by ayrton77, Reason: Spell checked »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #217: Oct 22, 2010 07:52:41 am
      ps im a little drunk, apologies for any seolling mistakes ;D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #218: Oct 22, 2010 08:18:19 am
      ps im a little drunk, apologies for any seolling mistakes ;D

I ran it through the "seoll" checker for you, now maybe you should go to bed? ;)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #219: Oct 22, 2010 09:39:40 am
      He's not anti-Rafa at all mate. He's just reiterating the fact that Rafa is no longer here and that we have more pressing concerns to deal with, like our current manager for example.

fair enough if that's the case. if eurored is simply trying to make a point of us moving on, then fair point.

listing rafa's bad results isn't really an argument for anything though.

maybe i read too much into it. my apologies eurored, don't take it as a personal attack or anything, that's not my intention. i sit next to a man scum at work who lists rafa's bad results as an argument for anything and it does my head in.

crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #220: Oct 22, 2010 10:00:55 am
      Look at his name "Eurored" he must have enjoyed the footballing exploits under his reign, all those european nights by Rafa. To be honest Rafa was great here, its not wrong of us to talk about him and he clearly loves the fans, the people and the club. Not many would be saying the same thing if it was Shankly that said those things. Some would be defending how connected he is and he's rightly exposing them. 

Quick Reply