Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Charlie Adam (Blackpool)

Read 221589 times
      Hiberpool
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 143 posts | -2 
      Charlie Adam (Blackpool)
      Oct 29, 2010 09:27:23 am
      « Last Edit: Oct 29, 2010 11:21:26 am by JD »
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Re: Charlie Adam
      Reply #1: Oct 29, 2010 09:42:35 am
      He's quite decent actually. Watched Spain v Scotland the other day and he played pretty well. Has the spirit too.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #2: Oct 29, 2010 09:46:29 am
      No dis-respect to the lad and I genuinely mean that..
      But I expected us to be aiming our sites higher than a 9 million rated Blackpool midfielder after a few decent games in the PL :|

That being said, he could turn out to be a world beater, so what do I know!
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 29, 2010 09:48:28 am

What are you basing that on that he's not good enough? He was MOTM against us and gave our midfielders the run around. He was the best player on view when Man City beat them 3-2 and that was playing against a tight compact tough City midfield. He scored 17 goals last season, and a lot of assists and has carried that kind of form into the premiership. He's 24 so hasn't hit is prime yet. I personally would love to see him come to us in January. We have to stop thinking we're a top 3 club for the time being. We're not going to attract the Silvas, Patos or Messi's of this world for the foreseeable future until wqe get established back in the top tier of European football. And decent creative players like charlie adam would no doubt help us climb that table. He'd set up a lot more for Torres and co that Cole, Spearing or Lucas would!!!
      Flipmode
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #4: Oct 29, 2010 10:10:11 am
      Isn't 9m too much?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #5: Oct 29, 2010 10:13:32 am
      another CM to play out of position?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #6: Oct 29, 2010 10:14:36 am
      Well, I'm not really sure about this and I think 9 million is too much.

But, do we really need another midfielder at the moment?
      Hiberpool
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 143 posts | -2 
      Reply #7: Oct 29, 2010 10:32:49 am
      What are you basing that on that he's not good enough? He was MOTM against us and gave our midfielders the run around. He was the best player on view when Man City beat them 3-2 and that was playing against a tight compact tough City midfield. He scored 17 goals last season, and a lot of assists and has carried that kind of form into the premiership. He's 24 so hasn't hit is prime yet. I personally would love to see him come to us in January. We have to stop thinking we're a top 3 club for the time being. We're not going to attract the Silvas, Patos or Messi's of this world for the foreseeable future until wqe get established back in the top tier of European football. And decent creative players like charlie adam would no doubt help us climb that table. He'd set up a lot more for Torres and co that Cole, Spearing or Lucas would!!!

Having watched him play in Scotland, and for Scotland, I am basing my opinion on that, ok he has had a couple of good games, but not enough to justify a 9m move to Liverpool, he was rank rotten last week when Blackpool got gubbed and he was rank rotton for Scotland when they got gubbed by Sweden, he never even made the bench for the recent defeat in Prague,and Walter Smith could not wait to get rid of him for Rangers, is that the sign of a 9m Liverpool player.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #8: Oct 29, 2010 10:39:17 am

Don't be silly.

Woy thinks he's the perfect weplacement for Weina.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #9: Oct 29, 2010 10:57:27 am
      I wouldn't give RH a penny to spend after his summer buys of Polson and Koncheski RH has a lot to answer for, letting Aqualini go for a song meanwhile he goes from strength to strength. Would you trust him when it comes to buying players, exactly, and I do not think nesv will.
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts |
      Reply #10: Oct 29, 2010 10:59:56 am
      can i just say this reminds me of steve sidwell with reading. Has a very good first season then goes to chelsea and plays like crap cos he wasnt the standard , then moves to aston villa and is not in starting 11.
      It doesnt matter if he plays 5 gd matchs he has to play well over the whole season. He would not be the answer in jan
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #11: Oct 29, 2010 11:18:23 am
      Caughtoffside isn't exactly what I'd call a 'reliable' source.
      Nissesixx
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      • Liverpool has nothing to do with Texas
      Reply #12: Oct 29, 2010 11:31:29 am
      Coughtoffside has linked us with every mediocre player in the league since Woy signed the likes of Konchesky and Poulsen. Those days are probably over... Hopefully   
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: Charlie Adam (Blackpool)
      Reply #13: Oct 29, 2010 12:51:04 pm
      F**k this sh*t,
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14: Oct 29, 2010 12:58:46 pm
      If Cahrlie Adam was performing as he is wearing say a Spurs jersey rather then Balckpools one, would we be happier with the link to him?
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #15: Oct 29, 2010 01:08:17 pm
      9 million seems an awful lot for Charlie Adam but he seems a passionate player and we always seem to get the right Scottish players e.g Hansen
      Umer
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #16: Oct 29, 2010 03:08:29 pm
      I am absolutely shocked to see people discussing a utter crap gossip article from Caughtoffside, it is perhaps the worst and most useless gossip site on the internet. 0% Credibility, they just publish content that would attract traffic.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #17: Oct 29, 2010 03:11:51 pm
      If Cahrlie Adam was performing as he is wearing say a Spurs jersey rather then Balckpools one, would we be happier with the link to him?

Yeah because he'd be starting in a Champions League side not a recently promoted team.

Think he's a decent player though actually, £9m is too much though IMO for a squad player at best.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #18: Oct 29, 2010 03:43:04 pm
      Charlie Adam is Andreas Iniesta 2.0!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #19: Oct 29, 2010 04:26:13 pm
      Yeah because he'd be starting in a Champions League side not a recently promoted team.

Think he's a decent player though actually, £9m is too much though IMO for a squad player at best.

But the fact is he is performing that well. It should stand out even more that hes doing with a newly promoted side. People will say no based on Blackpool but as you have proved if he was in a bigger side then people would say yes. Therefore your not basing it oon his performances but who he playe for!!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #20: Oct 29, 2010 05:29:35 pm
      Not going to happen no F***ing way are NESV going to sanction £9 million for this lad no F***ing way.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4944 
      Reply #21: Oct 29, 2010 06:17:12 pm
      I don't think this will ever happen but He is actually a very good footballer and I've said it before that just because a player plays for one of the smaller clubs does not make him a bad player. Some of our best players over the years have came from lower league sides.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #22: Oct 29, 2010 07:21:13 pm
      I don't think even Roy would be stupid enough to spend a decent fee in January on another center midfielder!

Quick Reply