Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Prediction?

Victorious victory
      (85.6%)
      Dismal draw
      (9.6%)
      Crap capitulation
      (4.8%)

Wigan Athletic vs. Liverpool: (Wed November 10th, KO 19:45) Pre match

Read 14301 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Wigan Athletic vs. Liverpool: (Wed November 10th, KO 19:45) Pre match
      Reply #115: Nov 10, 2010 08:16:04 am
       I would like to see the same 11 start as started against Chelsea,they deserve another run and it would be unfair to drop any of them after that performance.Young Kelly should be given the opportunity to establish himself in the team  after doing so well.We have got a chance to really make up some lost ground so no surrender and get the 3 points.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,279 posts | 802 
      Reply #116: Nov 10, 2010 08:19:01 am
      Agreed, I feel Kelly would have been our first choice RB if it wasnt for that injury against Lyon (I think?) what a game he was having too! Great player and as you say he should be given the oppurtunity to do this again, I think most people would agree that he should be starting in front of Johnson!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #117: Nov 10, 2010 08:28:00 am
      Dont laugh but I think this is our biggest game of the season. Win and you would have to say corner turned and were back in the hunt for champions league football. Lose and you'd wonder are we ever going to go to ground like this on the back of a great win and get 3 points. And it would be hard to take as a player or fan. Draw and you'd pull your hair out in frustration

We need 3 points here or Sunday is not the result it should be. Feed Torres proper ball and get about them
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #118: Nov 10, 2010 08:43:32 am
      Agreed, I feel Kelly would have been our first choice RB if it wasnt for that injury against Lyon (I think?) what a game he was having too! Great player and as you say he should be given the oppurtunity to do this again, I think most people would agree that he should be starting in front of Johnson!
      Think your right there mate.And I don't think it would be a bad thing for GJ to have to fight for his place.That said Kelly's going to take some shifting IMO.
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #119: Nov 10, 2010 08:56:40 am
      im gonna keep going with the pessimistic sh*te in the hope that its this which is bringing us victory. (cough clears throat)
      We are gonna lose and I dont hold out much hope for the game, if we win I will buy everyone on here a beer.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,279 posts | 802 
      Reply #120: Nov 10, 2010 08:58:55 am
      im gonna keep going with the pessimistic sh*te in the hope that its this which is bringing us victory. (cough clears throat)
      We are gonna lose and I dont hold out much hope for the game, if we win I will buy everyone on here a beer.

Im holding you to that!  :laugh:
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #121: Nov 10, 2010 09:18:05 am
      All of a sudden after 3 straight wins, we are a different team, fighting for a different goal.

IF Bolton, Newcastle drop points we can go 5th.

If Chelsea drop points at Fulham, which can happen as it’s a London derby, add that too a city win (or a draw) and a high spirited Wolves team back of an almost shock draw… Once again the league is wide open

But that’s just hoping and praying, we need to do the business on the pitch.  3 points badly needed.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #122: Nov 10, 2010 10:01:56 am
      I agree with most posts this is a must win game, must not sit back and defend, this would be asking for trouble.Need to capitalise after 2-0 win over Chelsea. I would settle for a slender 1-0 nil victory.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #123: Nov 10, 2010 11:14:32 am
      Nothing but a win will do tonight. Play like we did at Chelsea with a 4 4 1 1 with Kuyt just behind Torres, but all the way through please not just the first half. Lets get our goal tally up then we can rest a few players for the Stoke game. A win could put us up to 5th or 6th so it is a very important game and we should not take any game for granted. Come on boys 3 points we need and this will put us in good stead for a hard game against Stoke on saturday.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #124: Nov 10, 2010 12:19:51 pm
      I think this is the time that our players must start to believe that we can beat any team...and aim for the CL spot.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #125: Nov 10, 2010 12:55:05 pm
      Dont laugh but I think this is our biggest game of the season. Win and you would have to say corner turned and were back in the hunt for champions league football. Lose and you'd wonder are we ever going to go to ground like this on the back of a great win and get 3 points. And it would be hard to take as a player or fan. Draw and you'd pull your hair out in frustration

We need 3 points here or Sunday is not the result it should be. Feed Torres proper ball and get about them

Entirely agree.  You get on the back page for beating Chelsea.  You start to look serious when you follow it up with wins at Wigan and Stoke.

Need to be ruthless.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #126: Nov 10, 2010 01:28:10 pm
      If we play with the same commitment and belief, we will win comfortably. And I hope the team don't rely time and again on Stevie and Torres to score. The rest of the players must shoulder the same responsibility, that includes the defenders. Goals must come from other sources apart from the two. Time for the rest to pull up their socks and share the responsibility to score goals. I'm sure Torres will be tightly marked in this game, let Torres and Stevie pull a couple of defenders away and create the space for someone else to make the kill. I've a good feeling we'll win by 2 goals.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #127: Nov 10, 2010 01:39:17 pm
      Come on you reds. We need this win a lot. 1-0 for us
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #128: Nov 10, 2010 01:39:48 pm
      Based on 1st half performance against Chelsea, I think we could win with more than 2 goals margin.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #129: Nov 10, 2010 01:52:25 pm
      I'm not that confident given Roy's away record.  If it wasn't for a bit of magic by Torres and a cool finish by Maxi, Roy would still be 442 odd days without an away win. So I have yet to be convinced that we'll do good away under Roy. However given the Chelsea result I'd say the momentum and belief should be enough to see us through.

It really is a must win, even if we draw all the hard work against Chelsea will mean nothing.

1-0 Liverpool. Gerrard.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #130: Nov 10, 2010 01:56:13 pm
      Considering Wigan have an atrocious scoring/defencive record anything less the victory should be seen as piss poor & the way other teams are dropping points its time for us to capitalise and with a few decent buys in January a push for top spot. This league is winnable.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #131: Nov 10, 2010 01:59:30 pm

Our record against Wigan is actually quite good, mines a Stella!

Quote from: BBC Sport:
      Wigan Athletic and Liverpool have met ten times in the Premier League. Wigan have won just once, Liverpool seven and there have been two draws.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #132: Nov 10, 2010 02:10:58 pm
      Reina

Kelly
      Carra
      Skrtel
      Konchesky

Kuyt
      Lucas
      Gerrard
      Meireles
      Jovanovic

Torres

This seems like a good team unless Kyrgiakos and Glen Johnson both come back from their injuries
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #133: Nov 10, 2010 02:11:48 pm
      Any team news?

like the team of 24: etc...
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #134: Nov 10, 2010 02:18:12 pm
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #135: Nov 10, 2010 02:20:11 pm
      Any team news?

like the team of 24: etc...

Ryan Babel just tweeted "still not....", which I think means he isn't in the team. I have heard rumblings that it is the same 11 that went against Chelsea...not positive yet on that though.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #136: Nov 10, 2010 02:21:49 pm
      Ryan Babel just tweeted "still not....", which I think means he isn't in the team. I have heard rumblings that it is the same 11 that went against Chelsea...not positive yet on that though.

roy did say he still had bruised ribs and didn't want to risk him.

So i didnt have hopes for him playing to be honest.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #137: Nov 10, 2010 02:24:32 pm
      if we go for it, attack, press hard, commit men forward we'll go in 3-0 up at the break.  if we go with Roy's usual cautious, softly-softly, lets-not-provoke-them tactics, we'll struggle to get a draw.

I am going for victorious victory, because I reckon the players have learned to ignore Roy by now ;)

Quick Reply