Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

How much time should Rafa have been given?

Read 25644 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: How much time should Rafa have been given?
      Reply #69: Nov 09, 2010 02:19:51 am

Haha Im F***ing sure he did lad.
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #70: Nov 09, 2010 02:22:46 am
      Haha Im f**king sure he did lad.

Rafa was given five years, that was the plan, in the end it was his plan, boy.

In the end it didn't work out one way or the other, but I'm not bitter what about you though.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #71: Nov 09, 2010 02:25:22 am
      Rafa had the same plan.

And it's water off a ducks back whether you're willing to read my post, either way I couldn't give a toss.

Yes Rafa did have a 5 year plan with the rehaul of the youth and academy system.

This was however declared by Rafa in 2008/2009 season not at the start of his reign in 2005.

Get your facts right.
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #72: Nov 09, 2010 02:29:49 am
      Yes Rafa did have a 5 year plan with the rehaul of the youth and academy system.

This was however declared by Rafa in 2008/2009 season not at the start of his reign in 2005.

Get your facts right.

Here is one article that insinuated the 5 year plan back in 2005, I'm right. Go dig up and do some research and come and talk to me when you've got your facts right lad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-335450/Benitez-begins-year-plan-cup-final.html

"I prefer to win the final and be in the top four," he declared. "When the board decided to sign me, they talked about five years

Okay, that wasn't ''his'' plan, sorry to the pedantics; but it was THE plan at the time, five years. Six years later ah well you know the rest....
      « Last Edit: Nov 09, 2010 02:38:15 am by Rock N Redzer »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #73: Nov 09, 2010 02:44:26 am
      Oh dear.

Read what you high lighted in bold BOARD decided to sign me THEY talked about 5 years....

He does not mention a plan of any sort why don;t you go back and pull up an article after we finished second where he unveils a 5 year plan in which he tied up Torres and Gerrard to long term deals (hence 2013 and 2014 ) is when Torres and Gerrard are contracted to.

Try this for an article and have a bite of that humble pie.

http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=63583

Make note also when the article was published.
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #74: Nov 09, 2010 02:48:32 am
      Oh dear.

Read what you high lighted in bold BOARD decided to sign me THEY talked about 5 years....

He does not mention a plan of any sort why don;t you go back and pull up an article after we finished second where he unveils a 5 year plan in which he tied up Torres and Gerrard to long term deals (hence 2013 and 2014 ) is when Torres and Gerrard are contracted to.

Try this for an article and have a bite of that humble pie.

http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=63583

Make note also when the article was published.

As I've already acknowledged the five year plan wasn't HIS, it was THE plan at THE time given to him by the board. Alas, he had six years and read the rest of my initial post before you get drawn into semantics.

He had ample time, like Houllier, infact he had earned himself more time, still in short the answer in my opinion to the thread title is... 6 years. We got rid when the time was right.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #75: Nov 09, 2010 02:51:34 am
      He had ample time, like Houllier, infact he had earned himself more time, still in short the answer in my opinion to the thread title is... 6 years. We got rid when the time was right.

Sky Sports generation at its finest. Thinks a manager should come and go like every club is F***ing Newcastle United.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #76: Nov 09, 2010 02:52:12 am
      In answer to the thread and in light of Rafa's 5 year plan in 2009, with the new owners I would have given him 2-3 years.

Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #77: Nov 09, 2010 02:54:53 am
      First sentence and you're already so wrong I immediately discredited the rest of your post and didn't read.

Gerrard Houllier had the "five year plan".

Okay lad, I've edited my first sentence, see if you can spot the difference? Carry on going through my words with a fine tooth comb and pick up on any pedantic issues you seem to look for.

I gather you believe he was't given enough time by the way you jumped on my back.

how dare I say anything that may even remotely devalue Rafa

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #78: Nov 09, 2010 02:58:56 am
      how dare I say anything that may even remotely devalue Rafa

Yes actually. After everything he's done for this club  how F***ing dare you.

You should read some of Paul Tomkins work. Educate yourself.
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #79: Nov 09, 2010 03:00:16 am
      Sky Sports generation at its finest. Thinks a manager should come and go like every club is f**king Newcastle United.

Oh, you're one of these militants who have been around for a long time who have the right to categorise others as sky sports fans, because they don't follow the herd. Sweet mother of Jesus our superfanbase seems to be growing heavily in numbers; believe in Benitez and you're a hardcore militant Red who knows the koo, belive otherwise and you're a sky sport pundit.  :lmao:

Grow up sunshine, hasn't nature taught you not to be so egotistical yet.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #80: Nov 09, 2010 03:02:02 am
      Oh, you're one of these militants who have been around for a long time who have the right to categorise others as sky sports fans, because they don't follow the herd. Sweet mother of Jesus our superfanbase seems to be growing heavily in numbers; believe in Benitez and you're a hardcore militant Red who knows the koo, belive otherwise and you're a sky sport pundit.  :lmao:

Grow up sunshine, hasn't nature taught you not to be so egotistical yet.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

PS: Who uses the word "sunshine"? F**k me...
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #81: Nov 09, 2010 03:05:25 am
      I've literally RED Paul Thompkins' work, through transparent lenses as well, it helps when being more objective.
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #82: Nov 09, 2010 03:08:31 am
      Yes actually. After everything he's done for this club  how f**king dare you.

As usual the Rafapologist takes everything out of perspective and deems it as a personal attack on Rafa.

I only said he had a five year plan FFS. Which was syntactically typed wrong and I admitted as much, the board had a plan and he had to work to it.

It didn't work out, so we move on, well I have...
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #83: Nov 09, 2010 03:10:04 am
      I only came on to give an OPINION, and certain members are like a Rash and get their knickers in a twist.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #84: Nov 09, 2010 03:14:24 am
      As usual the Rafapologist takes everything out of perspective and deems it as a personal attack on Rafa.

I only said he had a five year plan FFS. Which was syntactically typed wrong and I admitted as much, the board had a plan and he had to work to it.

It didn't work out, so we move on, well I have...

That 5 year plan by the board was interrupted by the cowboys, apart from trying to bleed the club dry, what was their plan?  I doubt it was continuing the previous administrations work.  

It's strange how the bashrafaateveryturnists don't seem to grasp that some Liverpool fans believe Rafa deserved another season - well not without branding them Rafa fans not Liverpool fans, which is far from where I am.  I accept he's gone, I don't expect him back, still think he deserved another season.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #85: Nov 09, 2010 03:18:13 am

I only came on to give an OPINION, and certain members are like a Rash and get their knickers in a twist.

Wonder why?
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #86: Nov 09, 2010 03:29:06 am

You flamed it mate, I just kept it stoked.

I didn't come on to bashRafaatevryturnist, infact I came on to give MY OPINION, nowhere did I slate fellow fans who believe that Rafa deserved another season. I'm willing to listen to their points, not to shoot them down and disregard them as 'sky sports pundits'.

I didn't wade into theis thread like a bull in a china shop, I gave an honest, opinion, if you don't like it, you have to deal with it and instead of getting all knarky about it, debate the point rather than make some smart arse comment. Like Bad boy bubby said yesterday people have got to learn that it is okay to be critical of the manager, past or present without taking it personally, people have got to learn that not everyone shares their own views. It's as simple as that really, then the stupid comments and point scoring after that wouldn't exsist if some could learn to debate sensibly.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #87: Nov 09, 2010 03:42:22 am
      You flamed it mate, I just kept it stoked.

I didn't come on to bashRafaatevryturnist, infact I came on to give MY OPINION, nowhere did I slate fellow fans who believe that Rafa deserved another season. I'm willing to listen to their points, not to shoot them down and disregard them as 'sky sports pundits'.

I didn't wade into theis thread like a bull in a china shop, I gave an honest, opinion, if you don't like it, you have to deal with it and instead of getting all knarky about it, debate the point rather than make some smart arse comment. Like Bad boy bubby said yesterday people have got to learn that it is okay to be critical of the manager, past or present without taking it personally, people have got to learn that not everyone shares their own views. It's as simple as that really, then the stupid comments and point scoring after that wouldn't exsist if some could learn to debate sensibly.

I gave my opinion - I didn't say you were a bashrafaateveryturnist, but maybe you implied it, because you imply that one is a rafapologist if they show any support for him. I said my piece & I'll always have respect for the man.  Mind you, any Liverpool manager that has a higher game win percentage than Shankly deserves & will get my respect.
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #88: Nov 09, 2010 03:48:23 am

I gave my opinion - I didn't say you were a bashrafaateveryturnist, but maybe you implied it, because you imply that one is a rafapologist if they show any support for him. I said my piece & I'll always have respect for the man.  Mind you, any Liverpool manager that has a higher game win percentage than Shankly deserves & will get my respect.

There's a difference between showing your support and abusing fellow fans because of their differing views though.

And if abuse and innuendos start flying out towards, they'd better be willing to receive some sh*t dished back, that is of course if the mods allow them to dish it out but ban me for giving it back, it should work both ways.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #89: Nov 09, 2010 03:50:54 am
      There's a difference between showing your support and abusing fellow fans because of their differing views though.

And if abuse and innuendos start flying out towards, they'd better be willing to receive some sh*t dished back, that is of course if the mods allow them to dish it out but ban me for giving it back, it should work both ways.

What name were you banned under?   :f_whistle:

Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #90: Nov 09, 2010 03:52:32 am
      What name were you banned under?   :f_whistle:

Pardon?

Don't we like to stay on track in these topics?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #91: Nov 09, 2010 03:54:18 am
      Pardon?

Don't we like to stay on track in these topics?

Sorry, I thought you were saying banter & humour were allowed.  Sorry, I'll be all serious again.  Rafa, best manager we've had in the Premiership, deserved a chance to see if he could right the boat.

Satisfied?

Quick Reply