Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

How much time should Rafa have been given?

Read 25610 times
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Re: How much time should Rafa have been given?
      Reply #92: Nov 09, 2010 03:56:35 am
      Sorry, I thought you were saying banter & humour were allowed.  Sorry, I'll be all serious again.  Rafa, best manager we've had in the Premiership, deserved a chance to see if he could right the boat.

Satisfied?

I'm not a mod my opinion is irrelevant.

Am I satisfied by your answer, yes although I'm not sure I agree with the ''he deserved another chance bit'' but that is your opinion and I respect that.
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #93: Nov 09, 2010 04:18:03 am
      Sorry, I thought you were saying banter & humour were allowed.  Sorry, I'll be all serious again.  Rafa, best manager we've had in the Premiership, deserved a chance to see if he could right the boat.

Satisfied?

Roddenberry, Can you read my initial post on the topic at hand, it's on the 3rd page. Can you tell me whether you think I've 'bashed' Rafa in that post ot not? I have, certainly in the second paragraph been very critical of him and this is just my opinion of course, but I am not bashing him. I've acknowledged a few times he was working under tough circumstances which didn't help him, I've even advocated in him coming back here one day. So my post is hardly 'bashing' him, it, I think has a lot more perspective than many are willing to give credit for, I can see the good and the bad during his tenure, I'm not going to post a loyalist view that I don't believe in and by that same token I'm not going to lambast him at the other end, overall, I think it's a fairly reasonable post - even if I do say so myself ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,495 posts | 8677 
      Reply #94: Nov 09, 2010 04:21:22 am
      Rafa was given five years, that was the plan, in the end it was his plan, boy.

In the end it didn't work out one way or the other, but I'm not bitter what about you though.

Sorry lad but you're talking out your arse!

Rafa never, ever uttered those words, as LFC-LCFC said it was a phrase uttered by Houllier.

In fact the only time Rafa spoke about it he said he wanted to be here 10-15 years and build something like Ferguson had at Man U.

That was in the early days of 2004/2005.
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #95: Nov 09, 2010 04:23:32 am
      Sorry lad but you're talking out your arse!

Rafa never, ever uttered those words, as LFC-LCFC said it was a phrase uttered by Houllier.

In fact the only time Rafa spoke about it he said he wanted to be here 10-15 years and build something like Ferguson had at Man U.

That was in the early days of 2004/2005.

Mate I posted an article where Rafa said he was given a five year plan by the board back in 2005. Granted, it wasn't his plan, but it was the boards plan at the time and one he worked with.

Those were quotes from Rafa himself.

I do recall Rafa talking about a much longer termed vision, that was his personal idealogy.

But can you imagine if managers (Fergie apart) were allowed to make up their own time frames, sh*t could you imagine Roy saying I have a 10 year plan?

I f**king couldn't and I wouldn't want the board to stick by it either especially if it is to the detriment of the team, like Houllier, he didn't know when to leave, he'd still be here if he wasn't pushed.
      « Last Edit: Nov 09, 2010 04:29:39 am by Rock N Redzer »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,495 posts | 8677 
      Reply #96: Nov 09, 2010 04:33:28 am
      Mate I posted an article where Rafa said he was given a five year plan by the board back in 2005. Granted, it wasn't his plan, but it was the boards plan at the time and one he worked with.

Those were quotes from Rafa himself.

I do recall Rafa talking about a much longer termed vision, that was his personal idealogy.
      But can you imagine if managers (Fergie apart) were allowed to make up their own time frames, sh*t could you imagine Roy saying I have a 10 year plan?

I F***ing couldn't and I wouldn't want the board to stick by it either especially if it to the detriment of the team, like Houllier, he didn't know when to leave, he'd still be here if he wasn't pushed.

To be honest why you getting so worked up over a quote in a cunting tory F***ing rag thats even worse than the scum for it's snidey attacks on Liverpool.

Try looking up Self Pity City from that F***ing rag from around 1993 and see if you ever take anything serious that paper says about the city or the club again.
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #97: Nov 09, 2010 04:37:59 am
      To be honest why you getting so worked up over a quote in a cunting tory f**king rag thats even worse than the scum for it's snidey attacks on Liverpool.

Try looking up Self Pity City from that f**king rag from around 1993 and see if you ever take anything serious that paper says about the city or the club again.

Here we go.

It was a valid comment/quote regardless of the rag BECAUSE IT WAS FROM RAFA'S VERY OWN MOUTH, I'm not getting wound up by it at all, it seems though others yourself included are.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,495 posts | 8677 
      Reply #98: Nov 09, 2010 04:42:14 am
      Here we go.

It was a valid comment/quote regardless of the rag BECAUSE IT WAS FROM RAFA'S VERY OWN MOUTH, I'm not getting wound up by it at all, it seems though others yourself included are.

Ha ha the comment was the board said five years, not Rafa, therefore your wrong, Mr Bleeds!!
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #99: Nov 09, 2010 04:43:36 am
      Ha ha the comment was the board said five years, not Rafa, therefore your wrong, Mr Bleeds!!

That's what I said you numbnut, can't you F***ing read?
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #100: Nov 09, 2010 04:56:17 am
      No matter whose plan it is.. The plan is disrupted by G&H.. therefore we cannot use the 5 year plan as a gauge on Rafa.. After all, G&H did not do their parts to ensure the challenge for league champion or top 4 after we got 2nd, at least being champion or top 4 is not G&H's first priority.. Therefore Rafa getting 7th is not a failure, instead he overachieved, while other PL teams improved and we stayed stagnant..

Anyway, with G&H around, no matter how many season Rafa stayed, champion or top 4 will not be in our pocket..  No manager can do it with G&H around..

Overall, I still do think Rafa should stay for a season or 2, and hope for a owner change while doing his best he can..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #101: Nov 09, 2010 05:16:06 am
      There's a difference between showing your support and abusing fellow fans because of their differing views though.

And if abuse and innuendos start flying out towards, they'd better be willing to receive some sh*t dished back, that is of course if the mods allow them to dish it out but ban me for giving it back, it should work both ways.

Oh hello, is that Mr Bleeds eh?

:roll:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #102: Nov 09, 2010 05:21:55 am
      That's what I said you numbnut, can't you f**king read?

You said "FROM RAFA'S VERY OWN MOUTH" numbnut!

Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #103: Nov 09, 2010 05:29:51 am
      You said "FROM RAFA'S VERY OWN MOUTH" numbnut!

You've jumped in and got totally the wrong end of the stick well done you.

whooosh, it's gone way over your head, read the thread PROPERLY  :roll:
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #104: Nov 09, 2010 05:30:32 am

Pardon.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #105: Nov 09, 2010 05:48:19 am
      You've jumped in and got totally the wrong end of the stick well done you.

whooosh, it's gone way over your head, read the thread PROPERLY  :roll:

I couldn't really give a flying F**k to be honest, you gave up your act saying you had been banned before. Which means your probably just a douchebag trying to get in and piss people off again. So i couldn't really give a sh*t.

Saying that, probably should get this thread back on track eh?

Rafa should have had more time, cos im soooo not over him and i just can't stop moping ;D
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #106: Nov 09, 2010 07:09:50 am
      I couldn't really give a flying f**k to be honest, you gave up your act saying you had been banned before. Which means your probably just a douchebag trying to get in and piss people off again. So I couldn't really give a sh*t.

Saying that, probably should get this thread back on track eh?

Rafa should have had more time, cos im soooo not over him and I just can't stop moping ;D

Ah, so you do admit you came in to simply sh*t stir, I see now.

By the way, do you think I am a previously banned member, is this what you're getting at?

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #107: Nov 09, 2010 07:20:39 am
       I think it is irrelevant how much time RAFA should of got,because of twit and tw*t he never had the opportunity to show what he could/would of achieved under decent owners.RAFA will be remembered for the way he respected the fans,the club(not the owners) and the city of Liverpool.He was not afraid to put his hand in his pocket for a worthy cause as we are all to well aware.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #108: Nov 09, 2010 07:45:09 am
      Let me start by declaring that I'm Rafa's bigest respecter!
      He had to go though, because he committed the biggest cardinal sin a manager can?
      He lost the dressing room totally!
      You can be the greatest tactician in the world, which he is.
      But if your staff don't respect you......well
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #109: Nov 09, 2010 08:04:09 am
      Let me start by declaring that I'm Rafa's bigest respecter!
      He had to go though, because he committed the biggest cardinal sin a manager can?
      He lost the dressing room totally!You can be the greatest tactician in the world, which he is.
      But if your staff don't respect you......well
      Documented evidence with direct quotes might help otherwise its just hearsay (and they we're F***ing crap as well!).
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #110: Nov 09, 2010 08:06:33 am
      Ah, so you do admit you came in to simply sh*t stir, I see now.

By the way, do you think I am a previously banned member, is this what you're getting at?

No, but once i saw you admit you were a previously banned member i figured i would.

Now, back on track as i said.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #111: Nov 09, 2010 08:09:20 am
      Loving the passion here, but to be honest I think for all his faults and his ability Rafa had his time... Finishing outside the top 4 twice in 5 seasons is not what we need...

Thats just my opinion, but once you get 7th in the league we have to draw the line... I dont blame him for the results entirley, but someone has to be held accountable and the owenrs were not going to sack them selfs.

I also think he is not the right manager to take us forward, especially given his form in a weak league with a top team... Yes thats right, he is not doing too well at Inter all things concidered..
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #112: Nov 09, 2010 08:11:36 am
      Documented evidence with direct quotes might help otherwise its just hearsay (and they we're f**king crap as well!).

Indeed. Backing up these words with some evidence would do no harm
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #113: Nov 09, 2010 08:17:27 am
      Rafa Benitez was given six years in charge of Liverpool Football Club. Liverpool Football Club exist to win trophies, for four straight years we won nothing under Rafa Benitez. Liverpool Football Club pride themselves on winning League titles, in six years at Liverpool Football Club Rafa Benitez never won the League title.

Yes he was the manager that led us to the Champions League in 2005. The same season we finished fifth and were knocked out of the FA Cup by Burnley. Yes he was the manager that took us to second in the League in 08/09, but since when did 2nd become an achivement for this club? A famous quote by a man named Bob Paisley - "mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." and now we're celebrating a second place finish? That's how far we've fallen and Rafa, like it or not, has played a part in us falling as have many other people.

I'm not gonna go into his transfers because we all have a say on who was a good transfer or not. Some will make out Aurelio is a good signing, while others will slag off that transfer. And there's very few all agree on. I think he made more F**k ups than good buys, but others don't. No point dragging that argument back up just to hear "how can you say that's a bad transfer when we bought him for x amount and sold for twice as much" blah blah blah.

He was given six years and after that we were left with a pretty average side that finished seventh behind a pretty average Aston Villa side. I would of given him one more year to see if he could get us playing like he did in 08/09 but he wasn't. So we have to move on like this club always has. We can sit here and say how many years should of Evans been given or how many years should Don Welsh of got as manager? But we don't, we move on and remember the good times rather than just mope in self pity.

Get over the fact that Rafa Benitez no longer manages Liverpool Football Club.

This
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #114: Nov 09, 2010 08:21:16 am
      At the very least he deserved another season.  I've not sen a valid argument anywhere suggesting he didn't.

True.  Whether you agree or not with him, he was our best manager in 20 years.  On paper he got Liverpool's 3rd best league performance in 117 years of history.  Now, the goalposts clearly have moved and because the league is so much harder to win this was unfortunately a narrow 2nd place.

I remember Houllier finishing 2nd.  He then had 2 years before he himself was dismissed.  Personally I thought Rafa had earned himself the right to another season.  Maybe, without H&G it could all have been so different.

But it wasn't.  I don't think we'll ever know how many years H&G ownership has set us back.  I just hope that they have damaged us too much, and that we keep our good players from now on and add to it.

Quick Reply