Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Adam Johnson (Manchester City)

Read 67470 times
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Re: Adam Johnson (Manchester City)
      Reply #92: Apr 06, 2011 09:21:30 pm
      no chance of city selling him, especially to us. shame, would really like him at the club.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #93: Apr 10, 2011 11:22:50 am
      no chance of city selling him, especially to us. shame, would really like him at the club.

This.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #94: Apr 10, 2011 01:36:53 pm
      Thommo and Charlie Nicholas were taking the piss out of Mancini on Soccer Saturday yesterday...saying how he only played every now and then for a good while, and then the second he got injured, Mancini was coming out and saying he was one of their most important players and that it was a massive loss to the team etc. Funny sh*t!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #95: Apr 10, 2011 01:38:52 pm
      Strange then when fit he leaves him on the bench most of the time, would love him here to be honest
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #96: Apr 10, 2011 06:56:02 pm
      It is odd ,but i know a load of city fans and they say johnson is always out on the piss,and they had a bit of a do about, it hence the bench.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #97: Apr 10, 2011 07:37:05 pm
      A few at City who once there think they are made for life and with the wages they pay they are.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #98: Jun 05, 2011 12:17:25 am
      sh*te source.

Added for the wankfest value. ;D

Liverpool Plan Audacious Move to Sign Manchester City Winger

Liverpool are reportedly interested in Man City winger Adam Johnson and will look to make an offer for the England international this summer. The former Middlesbrough wide man has had an up and down time at Eastlands and spent much of last season on the bench and has voiced his concern at lack of regular first team football and has locked horns with Roberto Mancini on the matter.

Dalglish is apparently keen to bring in natural wide options as he looks to bring in more creativity and players who can help provide ammunition for the club’s new strike pairing of Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez. The Merseyside outfit have been strongly linked with a number of wingers with Aston Villa pair Stewart Downing and Ashley Young also apparent Anfield targets.

Johnson arrived at Man City on the 1st of February 2010 and whilst he made an immediate impact in his first season the Sunderland born winger made more appearances from the bench last term than starts and could be tempted by a move away from the City of Manchester Stadium in search of regular first team football.

Dalglish will however find it tough to persuade a player to leave a club who has just achieved qualification for the Champions League but if Johnson felt that he wasn’t a firm part of Mancini’s first team plans then the 23 year old may feel the time right to make a move.

Liverpool have attempted to fill the wide roles with players with players who are not really out and out wingers with the likes of Dirk Kuyt, Maxi, Joe Cole and Milan Jovanovic being used last season.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/06/04/liverpool-plan-audacious-move-to-sign-manchester-city-winger/
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #99: Jun 05, 2011 01:54:50 am
      Sh*te source.

Added for the wankfest value. ;D

Liverpool Plan Audacious Move to Sign Manchester City Winger

Liverpool are reportedly interested in Man City winger Adam Johnson and will look to make an offer for the England international this summer. The former Middlesbrough wide man has had an up and down time at Eastlands and spent much of last season on the bench and has voiced his concern at lack of regular first team football and has locked horns with Roberto Mancini on the matter.

Dalglish is apparently keen to bring in natural wide options as he looks to bring in more creativity and players who can help provide ammunition for the club’s new strike pairing of Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez. The Merseyside outfit have been strongly linked with a number of wingers with Aston Villa pair Stewart Downing and Ashley Young also apparent Anfield targets.

Johnson arrived at Man City on the 1st of February 2010 and whilst he made an immediate impact in his first season the Sunderland born winger made more appearances from the bench last term than starts and could be tempted by a move away from the City of Manchester Stadium in search of regular first team football.

Dalglish will however find it tough to persuade a player to leave a club who has just achieved qualification for the Champions League but if Johnson felt that he wasn’t a firm part of Mancini’s first team plans then the 23 year old may feel the time right to make a move.

Liverpool have attempted to fill the wide roles with players with players who are not really out and out wingers with the likes of Dirk Kuyt, Maxi, Joe Cole and Milan Jovanovic being used last season.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/06/04/liverpool-plan-audacious-move-to-sign-manchester-city-winger/
      (sighs)  :f_wah:
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #100: Jun 05, 2011 02:13:44 pm
      Whats the point of being in the champs league if you don't get to play? Can see Johnson getting max 20 games a season with City in all comps. Hope he gives Mancini hell and there's a bust up somewhere along the way allow us to move in.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #101: Jun 05, 2011 02:17:10 pm
      Well see to see the lad here, really rate him
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Address
      Reply #102: Jun 05, 2011 02:29:37 pm
      I think this lad is F***ing class. Would love to have him here.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #103: Jun 05, 2011 05:52:56 pm
      I think this lad is f**king class. Would love to have him here.

Same here. City are F***ing knobs for not giving him a go more, stifling his talent. He needs a great team that can give him regular football.. that would be us ;D
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #104: Jun 05, 2011 06:12:28 pm
      I hate City even more due to how ridicoulsy competetive about who they sell to. They rarely sell to anyone above Fulham.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #105: Jun 05, 2011 06:14:12 pm
      I hate City even more due to how ridicoulsy competetive about who they sell to. They rarely sell to anyone above Fulham.

They're scared. Scared that the teams better than them will pull even further ahead by selling them talent like this.

But they're not using him, so they might aswell sell to us. We'll see he gets the football he needs.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #106: Jun 05, 2011 06:16:19 pm
      They're scared. Scared that the teams better than them will pull even further ahead by selling them talent like this.

But they're not using him, so they might aswell sell to us. We'll see he gets the football he needs.

It's like a dictatorship. I pretty certain they will hold him against his will no matter how much he requests to leave. Unless a foreign club comes in for him and then he won't want to leave England. So stupud.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #107: Jun 05, 2011 07:04:32 pm
      Think the lad is immense but I also think these stories are a load of bullshit if I am honest.  :f_steam:
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #108: Jun 05, 2011 07:08:28 pm
      Shame its CaughtOffside. Complete bullshit source, potentially amazing player.

On a side note anyone else think to themselves, and I'm sure someone actually posted on here saying, after a good performance yesterday at Wembley that Shaqiri was guarnteed to be linked to someone in England as a result...

Suprise, suprise Caughtoffside are first to oblige. Just making it up.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #109: Jun 05, 2011 07:12:07 pm
      Shame its CaughtOffside. Complete bullshit source, potentially amazing player.

On a side note anyone else think to themselves, and I'm sure someone actually posted on here saying, after a good performance yesterday at Wembley that Shaqiri was guarnteed to be linked to someone in England as a result...

Suprise, suprise Caughtoffside are first to oblige. Just making it up.

FC Basel would demand a mosterous fee. Also I don't think he's all he's made up to be.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #110: Jun 05, 2011 07:12:49 pm
      FC Basel would demand a mosterous fee. Also I don't think he's all he's made up to be.

I wasn't advocating signing him, just pointing out the shiteness of the source.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #111: Jun 05, 2011 07:24:42 pm
      Hes class, I'd take him without a doubt, got a good understanding with Stevie in the England squad too but yes crap source. He cant be happy though with the limited opportunities hes getting at Citee.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #112: Jun 06, 2011 12:38:01 am

True but the players should have thought twice before chasing the money.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #113: Jun 06, 2011 01:47:55 am
      Think he is brilliant and would love to have him @ the club.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #114: Jun 07, 2011 08:50:12 pm
      he is a good player for me but why will Mancity let him go??I think that will never happen

Quick Reply