Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Roy Hodgson says he needs to bring in his own players like Harry Redknapp

Read 9228 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Roy Hodgson says he needs to bring in his own players like Harry Redknapp
      Reply #92: Dec 20, 2010 06:39:09 pm
      And anger is the path to the darkside... ???

Yoda ?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #93: Dec 20, 2010 06:44:40 pm

Nah, thats Darkside, the path to anger is ;)
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #94: Dec 20, 2010 07:02:10 pm
      No Liverpool manager should never come out and say he wants to emulate Harry Redknapp. To be a successful Liverpool manager you need to be individualistic and talented. Why Roy wants to blueprint Harry is beyond me. Shanks, Bob, Fagan and Kenny were all different to each other and this is what helped liverpool dominate European football for so long. I wasn't around back then but my god what I would do for another Shanks. Roy has got to go he is boring, helpless and too sh*t to be LFC manager.

KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #95: Dec 20, 2010 07:07:07 pm
      No Liverpool manager should never come out and say he wants to emulate Harry Redknapp. To be a successful Liverpool manager you need to be individualistic and talented. Why Roy wants to blueprint Harry is beyond me. Shanks, Bob, Fagan and Kenny were all different to each other and this is what helped liverpool dominate European football for so long. I wasn't around back then but my god what I would do for another Shanks. Roy has got to go he is boring, helpless and too sh*t to be LFC manager.

It's another one of his many PR statements intended to get the press on his side, and appeal to the presses "Englishness"

It's also saying that Arry needed aa couple of years to get things right, and that he should be afforded the same time.

It's FURTHER a snide dig at Commolli, someone Arry had a go at a few weeks ago.

Not very subtle really, our woy...
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #96: Dec 20, 2010 07:19:46 pm
      It's another one of his many PR statements intended to get the press on his side, and appeal to the presses "Englishness"

It's also saying that Arry needed aa couple of years to get things right, and that he should be afforded the same time.

It's FURTHER a snide dig at Commolli, someone Arry had a go at a few weeks ago.

Not very subtle really, our woy...
      Well whatever Roy meant by it doesn't matter, he isn't wanted here. The quicker he fucks off the quicker he can save West ham from relegation and get the England job.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #97: Dec 20, 2010 07:24:38 pm
      Well whatever Roy meant by it doesn't matter, he isn't wanted here. The quicker he fucks off the quicker he can save West ham from relegation and get the England job.

In a sort of

West Ham sack Grant

Liverpool Sack Hodgson

West Ham Sign Hodgson

Grant hires a Masseuse

Inter sack Benitez

Liverpool sign Rafa kind of thing?

If that happens there is a Santa.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #98: Dec 20, 2010 07:35:45 pm
      Sounds like a Carlsberg ad exile
      LFCexiled
      Reply #99: Dec 20, 2010 07:40:33 pm

Or, if NESV did Christmas presents.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #100: Dec 20, 2010 08:47:10 pm
      Is there no end to this hot air.  He won't stop until he's signed a load of players who can pass to each other in their own half, players who don't like to press the opposition, add width and keep the ball on the floor.

Desperate stuff.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #101: Dec 20, 2010 09:16:40 pm
      Somebody let Roy know that Harry Redknapp doesn't play any more - he's a manager :lmao:
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #102: Dec 20, 2010 10:24:21 pm
      his kind of players  hmmm>>>   konchesky, poulsen,carl cole, zamora,  and others from the same branch. Oh god help us pls.
       YNWA
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #103: Dec 20, 2010 10:26:10 pm
      Come January we will see what NESV think of Roy. They will have consulted with numerous people around and in the club and they are no mugs when it comes to sport. If they give him a decent kitty then it means, in the short term, they trust him. If they do back him with cash then, as hard as it is to see him keep the job, we will have to back him (or at least try even though it's against what many of us think). I'm no Roy fan, but as an LFC fan we need to show unity and keep things in house like we used to.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #104: Dec 20, 2010 10:37:27 pm
      Carlton Cole is no longer Woys favourite puppy. Acording to the Express, Charles N'Zogbia is the new messiah. On his way in  Jan if Woys still here. God F***ing help us.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #105: Dec 20, 2010 10:41:04 pm
      N'Zogbia is a not a bad player and still young, not really worrying.

... except if Roy can't figure his position and play him in as defensive midfielder or target man. :)
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #106: Dec 21, 2010 03:15:22 pm
      Another thing that just hit me about this comparison Roy has made. Redknapp made an instant improvement at Spurs. Roy has just dragged us down further.

When we needed someone to inspirational, who could be a uniting force for all associated with the club, and get this group of players to perform above their potential...we got Roy. Who only succeeded in uniting the fans against him, and sending us all to sleep.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #107: Dec 21, 2010 05:10:34 pm
      If Hodgson gets his way and signs the players he want then i am sure the task for the next manager will be to avoid relegation. Players such as Konchesky, Poulsen etc may be good backup players for a number of Premiership clubs but they are not liverpool material. I know we would like to see liverpool compete for titles and maybe who knows Hodgson might actually be successful in getting a lot of points for us but don't get me wrong but i wouldn't want to win titles with the kind of tactics on show. I was never a mourinho fan (despite his success) because i don't like boring suffocating football. I supported the Madrid decision to sack capello when he won the title for them. I think a club like liverpool needs to bring in players with flair who are comfortable on the ball and Konchesky or Poulsen are not. Ok Raul is good but what we need is not central midfield players but a good left back, a good centre forward and a dynamic winger (arda turan type) who can take the ball pass players with pace and has a good cross. But i fear that any good player would not want to come to liverpool with the type of football on show. Perhaps Hodgson will get his way because no player of liverpool caliber would want to come when ROy is here. What i fear the most is for our good players such as torres & co getting disillusioned by the signings and wanting to leave. What is required is for ROY to depart from this wonderful club because it is apparent that his methods and ambitions and the liverpool tradition of playing is directly in conflict.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #108: Dec 21, 2010 05:34:56 pm
      "But it is still a team that I have not put together. I want to make that clear."

Clearly trying to create a safety net for himself. Disgraceful.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #109: Dec 21, 2010 06:26:16 pm
      If Hodgson gets his way and signs the players he want then I am sure the task for the next manager will be to avoid relegation. Players such as Konchesky, Poulsen etc may be good backup players for a number of Premiership clubs but they are not liverpool material. I know we would like to see liverpool compete for titles and maybe who knows Hodgson might actually be successful in getting a lot of points for us but don't get me wrong but I wouldn't want to win titles with the kind of tactics on show. I was never a mourinho fan (despite his success) because I don't like boring suffocating football. I supported the Madrid decision to sack capello when he won the title for them. I think a club like liverpool needs to bring in players with flair who are comfortable on the ball and Konchesky or Poulsen are not. Ok Raul is good but what we need is not central midfield players but a good left back, a good centre forward and a dynamic winger (arda turan type) who can take the ball pass players with pace and has a good cross. But I fear that any good player would not want to come to liverpool with the type of football on show. Perhaps Hodgson will get his way because no player of liverpool caliber would want to come when ROy is here. What I fear the most is for our good players such as torres & co getting disillusioned by the signings and wanting to leave. What is required is for ROY to depart from this wonderful club because it is apparent that his methods and ambitions and the liverpool tradition of playing is directly in conflict.

This.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #110: Dec 21, 2010 08:56:17 pm

Congratulations HampshireRed . Boy or Girl !  :celebrate:  :celebrate:

Oh and on Roy , I despair ,  I really do!   :'(

Little Boy

Joseph David

9lbs 5oz  and gorgeous
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #111: Dec 21, 2010 09:05:29 pm
      Little Boy

Joseph David

9lbs 5oz  and gorgeous

Congrats Hampshire Red  :D   Hope you got your baby LFC Kit ready  :D

Oh, and LFCExiled, your wish list is coming true....so far so good  ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #112: Dec 22, 2010 09:26:46 am
      Oh, and LFCExiled, your wish list is coming true....so far so good  ;)

As Liverpool fans we live to dream.

At least we did till Owl face came along, here's hoping those days of dreams coming true are on their way back.

I'll be a little bit giddy so I will.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #113: Dec 23, 2010 01:58:30 am
      Hodgson LFC Press Briefing 21/12/2010

For now Hodgson is more concerned about putting his own stamp on the Liverpool squad, with the January transfer window offering him another opportunity to bolster his ranks.

Targets

"It will depend on the players who are available," he said.

"If the players are available that we have talked about, targeted and think would really make us a better team, then of course it would help me to shape the team a lot quicker than maybe will be the case.

"But I fear that the type of player we are looking at, the type of player we think is necessary to improve our team, won't be available in the transfer window even if money was available.

"We are anxious that any players we bring in are the right ones, the right ones for the future, not just the immediate future but the long-term future.

"It is also important that they are better than the players we have got, because I think the players we have got are better than they have shown on occasions and I believe they will be better in 2011."

Woah !

Just a few days ago he is banging on about trying to win with someone elses team. How difficult that is.

Now.
      In the same week he is saying that there will be no decent players to buy in January.

So.
      Logically.
      That means Woy, you can make the excuse to us and the owners that you are still managing someone elses team until the summer.

"A Season Of Excuses". Good name for a film that.

Woah Part 2.

...."but the players we have got are better than they have shown on occasions AND they will be better in 2011."

So.
      The players you have got (being someone elses team) are not that bad after all.

AND

Obviously because of you someone elses team will be better (than the other person managed them) in 2011.

FFS.
      Arrogant twisted bullshit merchant.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #114: Dec 23, 2010 02:18:41 am
      the only thing that Roy hopes he will buy in January is time.

Quick Reply