Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Roy Hodgson says he needs to bring in his own players like Harry Redknapp

Read 9227 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Roy Hodgson says he needs to bring in his own players like Harry Redknapp
      Dec 19, 2010 11:27:45 pm
      Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson says he needs to bring in his own players like Harry Redknapp at Tottenham

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8212773/Liverpool-manager-Roy-Hodgson-says-he-needs-to-bring-in-his-own-players-like-Harry-Redknapp-at-Tottenham.html

Roy Hodgson feels the Liverpool side he inherited from Rafael BenĂ­tez is starting to feel like his own with every passing game, but admits it would take an influx of players akin to that overseen by Harry Redknapp at Tottenham before he can make his own mark on the club.

After a turbulent opening six months at Anfield — a period in which the 63 year-old acknowledges he struggled to transmit his beliefs to his new squad, suggesting he “could not identify with a lot of things that happened on the pitch” — Hodgson appears to have settled on both system and personnel.

He is likely to begin his work shaping the squad to his own wishes as soon as the transfer window opens in January —selling Milan Jovanovic could be his first task with Cologne and Hamburg interested — but insists this will not be a Liverpool team cast in his own image for some time to come.

“It is starting to feel more like my side,” the Liverpool manager said. “But it is still a team that I have not put together. I want to make that clear. I took the team over and I have not made that many changes. I brought in [Paul] Konchesky to play left back, Raul Meireles to replace [Javier] Mascherano and Joe Cole came in at the same time as me as well as Christian Poulsen. The other players I have inherited.

“I think I would be a good comparison with Tottenham because Harry [Redknapp] came in there just as I came into Fulham so he will just be completing three years and he has brought in a lot of players. So to really call it my team, I would have had to make a slightly bigger impact on those who have been brought in.

“I am more than happy to take responsibility for this squad but it takes a coach more than five or six months to make his stamp on a club. I am hoping we will do some good business in transfer windows to come and then I will be able say, ‘If you don’t like it then I have no one to blame but myself’.”

Yes Roy, we all dream of a team of Carraghers. Poulsens and Konchesky's, just do one Roy, you don't identify with any part of this club or the fans.

Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Re: Roy Hodgson says he needs to bring in his own players like Harry Redknapp
      Reply #1: Dec 19, 2010 11:29:23 pm
      What a pathetic man. Blatant effort to try and buy some time from NESV imo. He is basically saying 'if you give me money and time, I will do a great job'.

Out.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2: Dec 19, 2010 11:30:39 pm
      A nice wee, snide dig at Comolli too, eh? Think about it.  ;)
      red-machine
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts |
      Reply #3: Dec 19, 2010 11:32:51 pm
      Reading that article sends shivers down my spine, I might even have nightmares tonight. NESV please for the love of god if you are reading this forum don't give this man any money to build his own team and definitely don't give him 3 years like Redknapp has had at spurs.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #4: Dec 19, 2010 11:35:14 pm
      Was just about to post the story daz! anyway how can a poor quality team he inherited all of a sudden become a team like his own?

Make your F***ing mind up you tit.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5: Dec 19, 2010 11:46:43 pm
      The other players I have inherited.

He inherited Torres, Gerrard, Reina, Agger, and Johnson. All players, I would suggest, he would have been happy to buy when he was at Fulham but maybe i'm wrong   >:D

What a snide wee turd he is.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #6: Dec 19, 2010 11:50:28 pm
      Nnilswerdna says you shoul F**k off back to the old persons home you came from and take your bottom feeding players with you
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 19, 2010 11:53:28 pm
      dont speak just F***ing resign
      Redhead
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #8: Dec 19, 2010 11:53:58 pm
      Jesus, Mary an Joseph ,i wouldnt let him anywere near a tranfer window, Makes you fu.ckin laugh he would of ripped your arm off for most of them players he says he got left with when he was at that top  cockney club, behave yourself soft lad an do one
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #9: Dec 19, 2010 11:55:05 pm
      Making poor excuses yet again, said a while back it felt like 'his team', so now it isn't?? Strange when people are calling for his head he pipes up with this sh*te. This ranks alongside "Newcastle are difficult to beat at home" when Blackpool and Stoke got 3 points comfortably. Woy is a dick.

Out.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #10: Dec 19, 2010 11:55:08 pm
      I wouldn't give the c**t a penny. Ten F***ing million he wasted on Poulsen and Kryton.

And he wants more money to bring in his own players.

At the expense of which players though?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #11: Dec 20, 2010 12:12:31 am
      Same old Roy always feeling sorry for himself and passing the buck.

If our previous manager had the same attitude we would not have the 5th European Cup that currently sits in our trophy cabinet as he like every other manager inherited someone elses team but unlike Roy got on with the job without moaning about it every five minutes.

Also Roy likes to big himself up as the LMA manager of the year and I would expect such an excellent manager to be able to mould the players he has inherited into a winning side not be hanging around the middle of the table.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #12: Dec 20, 2010 12:16:03 am
      So confused this man is still here.

If he got Messi Villa and Ronaldo, he still wont manage any better than he is right now.
      Redhead
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #13: Dec 20, 2010 12:22:22 am
      How can John Henry just sit there and let him carry on sprouting this sh.ite , Surely to god he has to be told to keep his mouth shut, How fuc.king demorolising for the players that he supposedly got left with, i just cant get over him coming out with is , he his one cheeky fu.ckin get

"It is starting to feel more like my side,” the Liverpool manager said. “But it is still a team that I have not put together. I want to make that clear. I took the team over and I have not made that many changes. I brought in [Paul] Konchesky to play left back, Raul Meireles to replace [Javier] Mascherano and Joe Cole came in at the same time as me as well as Christian Poulsen. The other players I have inherited."

chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #14: Dec 20, 2010 12:24:41 am
      Its beyond a joke now really for someone who has had 35 years experience :lmao: to make this statement is just plain silly
      all the players he has brought in bar Raul Meireles have been sh*te including Cole if it was up to me id have everyone he bought out in January except for Meireles.
      The funny thing is who in there right mind would buy any of those other players. I defo don't trust him with the money we cant afford
      any more F**k ups, We need to start getting stuff right for a change so we can build and focus on the long term.
      It would be nice to see some action on the sacking of Hodgson as fans I don't think we can afford to let this man buy players and put them on god knows what contracts that will effect the club for possibly years to come.
      I was all of giving him a fair chance and tried my best to support him and give him time to settle and get things right, its horrible I miss our team playing great football and playing with purpose just seems were churning out crap constantly and I'm F***ing done I cant take no more I don't think I can watch more crap football. Heads better roll soon, I dont like calling for someones job and I know its the season to be jolly but the best present we could all get this Christmas is a new manager and Roy will benefit too as he will be stopped from embarrassing himself any further.  
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15: Dec 20, 2010 12:34:37 am
      Please NESV, don't give this man any more F***ing money.  :mad:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16: Dec 20, 2010 12:42:28 am
      Wont take responsibility for the team.?
      In May last year that team came in second.

You're buying time Roy. You keep passing blame and buying time .

Its obvious to us and it should be obvious to UKSV.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #17: Dec 20, 2010 12:51:42 am
      Can't help thinking Harry Redknapp is a little old to bring in.....but hey if he's Woy's type of player hehe

I became a grandad this evening !!
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #18: Dec 20, 2010 01:02:31 am
      Liverpool has started to feel like an Hodgson side away, but he probably needs to change some players to achieve the same results at home.
      RedHon
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #19: Dec 20, 2010 02:38:39 am
      I can't believe this guy. The more he speaks, he breaks another straw. I'm just waiting to see which straw will break the camel's back and hope it won't be too long from now. My blood pressure is going up. :f_steam: It really makes me boil.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #20: Dec 20, 2010 04:55:35 am
      He would probably prefer for LFC and Fulham just to swap teams
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21: Dec 20, 2010 06:51:12 am
      The other players I have inherited.

He inherited Torres, Gerrard, Reina, Agger, and Johnson. All players, I would suggest, he would have been happy to buy when he was at Fulham but maybe I'm wrong   >:D

What a snide wee turd he is.
      Spot on mate.
      Roy has never had such a strong squad at his disposal (and i include Inter in that), It's purly his tactics that are causing him not to get the best out of the squad.
      I sure as hell don't trust Roy to make the squad stronger by adding Clint Dempsey, Chris baird or Carlton Cole.
      NOT A PENNY MORE! (pt2)
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #22: Dec 20, 2010 07:34:01 am
      Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson says he needs to bring in his own players like Harry Redknapp at Tottenham

“It is starting to feel more like my side,” the Liverpool manager said. “But it is still a team that I have not put together. I want to make that clear. I took the team over and I have not made that many changes. I brought in [Paul] Konchesky to play left back, Raul Meireles to replace [Javier] Mascherano and Joe Cole came in at the same time as me as well as Christian Poulsen. The other players I have inherited.

But Roy, look again at the players you have inherited, I confident with other quality manager just pick up some prospects from the reserve team and academy combine with only Pepe,Agger,Sotis,Johnson,Gerrard and Torres is more than enough to fulfill your ambition to finish mid-table this season!

Quick Reply