Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

Scott Dann (Birmingham)

Read 31632 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Scott Dann (Birmingham)
      Reply #23: May 26, 2011 10:13:11 am
      I'd be disappointed with the lad to be honest and think both Skrtel and Agger are much better players, also think Kelly is not far off from being a better centre half. But then just my opinion
      leeper1892
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 99 posts | -2 
      Reply #24: May 26, 2011 10:23:09 am
      would be happy to see him playing for us.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #25: May 26, 2011 10:49:42 am
      Think Agger is a better player but we all know the problem with Agger is not his ability. I'd be happy to take Dann.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #26: May 26, 2011 10:53:32 am
      I'd get Dann over Cahill, not only because Dann is a cheaper option but also because we need some passion in our team and Dann (being a scouser and supporter of Liverpool) will definitely show more passion than Cahill. Also, I think Dann isn't scared of diving in, which in the past has done my head in with the likes of Skrtel and Agger being p*ssies and not putting a foot in where it hurts.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #27: May 26, 2011 11:01:30 am
      Think he is a s good as Cahill and would not cost as must might be a good buy.
      Have you ever seen him play or it's from what you heard?!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #28: May 26, 2011 11:29:38 am
      Have you ever seen him play or it's from what you heard?!

He's not really played this year, got injured in January.  You'll be paying for potential rather than proven quality though, he has the makings if a very good defender.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: May 26, 2011 11:34:21 am
      He's not really played this year, got injured in January.  You'll be paying for potential rather than proven quality though, he has the makings if a very good defender.

What we need to address is proven quality this summer, no 'potential stars' in the making or anything like that, we need top quality players. Potential will get us nowhere next season, it certainly won't win us the league.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #30: May 26, 2011 11:35:59 am
      What we need to address is proven quality this summer, no 'potential stars' in the making or anything like that, we need top quality players. Potential will get us nowhere next season, it certainly won't win us the league.

Depends if the potential is realized or not.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #31: May 26, 2011 12:20:58 pm

Considering that we have Kelly, Wilson, Ayala and Wisdom on our team, getting Dann for under £10 million is a much smarter option than getting Cahill at £17-18 million ...
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #32: May 26, 2011 03:12:39 pm

Liverpool considering move for Dann

26th May 2011

Liverpool are considering a move for highly-rated Birmingham City defender Scott Dann.

The Reds are in the market for a centre-back this summer and the lifelong Kopite, who would cost around £10million, is on their shortlist.

Kirkdale-born Dann is certain to leave St Andrew's following Birmingham's relegation from the Premier League.

The 24-year-old has attracted interest from a number of other top flight clubs including Arsenal, Sunderland and West Brom.

However, it is understood the former Liverpool season ticket holder has his heart set on a switch to Anfield.

Dann missed the last four months of the campaign due to a torn hamstring he suffered against West Ham in January. His absence was a contributing factor in the relegation of Alex McLeish's side.

He has since made a full recovery but will resist Birmingham's attempts to retain his services.

Liverpool have also been linked with Gary Cahill but with Bolton demanding around £18million, Dann would represent both a cheaper and younger defensive option.

Dominant in the air and comfortable in possession, Dann would also fit in with the philosophy of Reds owners Fenway Sports Group to only pay hefty transfer fees for players who would have a high resale value.

The former Archbishop Beck High School pupil was snapped up by Walsall at 16 after being spotted playing in the Anfield Junior Sunday League.

Loan spells at Danish side Koge BK and non-league minnows Redditch and Hednesford followed before he established himself with the Saddlers.

The 6ft 2ins defender moved to Coventry City in 2008 and was soon made skipper by boss Chris Coleman.

In June 2009 Birmingham City swooped for £3.5million and he formed a formidable defensive partnership with Roger Johnson.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is looking to bring in a centre-back to provide competition for Jamie Carragher and Martin Skrtel. The Reds need cover as Daniel Agger has had a succession of injury problems and Sotirios Kyrgiakos is likely to leave Anfield this summer.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-considering-move-for-dann
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33: May 26, 2011 03:36:10 pm
      Taking into consideration only the players' qualities, I'd take Cahill over Dann every day of the week. Not saying Dann is not a good player though, it's just that Cahill is, in my opinion, a better player at the moment. Given the prices both would cost, then maybe this former season ticket holder could be a good addition to the squad.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #34: May 26, 2011 05:50:08 pm
      Dann has got better since he has being injured
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Address
      Reply #35: May 26, 2011 06:25:14 pm
      Would be good to have another scouser in the squad.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #36: May 26, 2011 06:45:58 pm
      To be honest I don't really care where there from whether there from Urguary, Spain Portugal or Liverpool as long as they have quality
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #37: May 26, 2011 06:49:51 pm
      To be honest I don't really care where there from whether there from Urguary, Spain Portugal or Liverpool as long as they have quality

Pleaseeeeeeeeee tell Kenny to sign me!!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #38: May 26, 2011 07:10:06 pm
      He's not really played this year, got injured in January.  You'll be paying for potential rather than proven quality though, he has the makings if a very good defender.
      What we need is proven quality who can improve our defence for at least next 2-3 years. As for potential future stars there are Wilson, Ayala, Kelly and Wisdom waiting for a chance  ;). (If really interested in paying for potential rather than proven quality, Jones tops my list by miles)
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #39: May 26, 2011 07:16:19 pm
      Good defender and i love the fact he has LFC in his blood. Would be a good signing IMO.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #40: May 26, 2011 07:45:08 pm
      Hes Birminghams best player for me, Such a good Centre-Back. Been looking at him this season, thought he had a great season!

Plus hes a scouse and he will know what we are about, Sign him up!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #41: May 26, 2011 11:21:15 pm

Birmingham braced for double defender swoop

Published 23:00 26/05/11
      By John Cross & David Anderson

Birmingham face losing BOTH their first-choice centre-halves as the Premier League vultures circle the relegated club.

Liverpool are chasing Scott Dann, 24, who could be available for around £10million following City's drop into the Championship, and Sunderland fancy his defensive partner Roger Johnson - especially as he could be available for just £4m.

Blues may have to trim their wage bill now they are back in the Championship, and on top of the potential Dann and Johnson deals Tottenham and West Brom are also keeping tabs on their England keeper Ben Foster.

It would be a huge blow to Blues boss Alex McLeish to lose the defensive cornerstones of his team, especially after being left under no illusion by ownership that he must get the club straight back up.

Scouser and boyhood Liverpool fan Dann missed much of the second half of the season through injury, and his absence was a major factor in Birmingham's problems.

He had formed a rock-solid partnership with Johnson and Liverpool believe Dann is better value at £10m than Bolton's Gary Cahill, who would cost around £17m.

Johnson pushed himself towards England contention last season before his form dipped after Dann's injury and Sunderland would be hoping to pull off a deal cheaper than Liverpool's for Dann.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Liverpool-Sunderland-ready-to-raid-relegated-Birmingham-for-defenders-Scott-Dann-Roger-Johnson-article741010.html
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #42: May 26, 2011 11:23:32 pm
      Good defender and I love the fact he has LFC in his blood. Would be a good signing IMO.

Used to be a season ticket holder as well, so all good  ;D

He knows what it means to pull that red shirt on.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #43: May 27, 2011 11:05:02 am

Dann transfer bid 'expected from Liverpool'

27th May 2011

Liverpool are believed to be putting together a transfer bid for Birmingham City defender Scott Dann, with Arsenal and Spurs also interested.

The Anfield side are in the market for a centre-half to assist Martin Skrtel and Jamie Carragher, as well as the injury-plagued Daniel Agger.

Lifelong Liverpool fan Dann is believed to fit the bill for Reds manager Kenny Dalglish, and Birmingham are almost certain to cash in on one of their most saleable assets following their relegation.

Premier League rivals Arsenal and Tottenham are also believed to be interested in the player, but Liverpool are looking to get a bid in early to steal a march on the north London sides.

All three clubs have also been linked with Bolton Wanderers centre-back Gary Cahill.

But with Cahill valued at £18m and Dann at £10m, Dann is the preferred option for the Reds.

The 24-year-old former England under-21 international formed a formidable partnership with Roger Johnson at the heart of Blues' defence in the first half of the season.

His season-ending hamstring injury was cited as one of the major factors in Birmingham's decline in the new year, which despite victory in the Carling Cup final, culminated in their slide towards the Championship.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/dann-transfer-bid-expected-from-liverpool
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,729 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #44: May 27, 2011 11:08:22 am
      Dann transfer bid 'expected from Liverpool'

27th May 2011

Liverpool are believed to be putting together a transfer bid for Birmingham City defender Scott Dann, with Arsenal and Spurs also interested.

The Anfield side are in the market for a centre-half to assist Martin Skrtel and Jamie Carragher, as well as the injury-plagued Daniel Agger.

Lifelong Liverpool fan Dann is believed to fit the bill for Reds manager Kenny Dalglish, and Birmingham are almost certain to cash in on one of their most saleable assets following their relegation.

Premier League rivals Arsenal and Tottenham are also believed to be interested in the player, but Liverpool are looking to get a bid in early to steal a march on the north London sides.

All three clubs have also been linked with Bolton Wanderers centre-back Gary Cahill.

But with Cahill valued at £18m and Dann at £10m, Dann is the preferred option for the Reds.

The 24-year-old former England under-21 international formed a formidable partnership with Roger Johnson at the heart of Blues' defence in the first half of the season.

His season-ending hamstring injury was cited as one of the major factors in Birmingham's decline in the new year, which despite victory in the Carling Cup final, culminated in their slide towards the Championship.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/dann-transfer-bid-expected-from-liverpool

I would love him to come here while removing Sotis and Ayala (he decent but no place in our lfc 'cos Kelly, Wilson, Agger Carra and Skrtel all before him)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #45: May 27, 2011 11:27:15 am
      I would welcome this signing for sure - my previous posts may make it look like i wouldn't but he is already an established top decent player not somebody who has only potential. 

Quick Reply