Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Scott Dann (Birmingham)

Read 31486 times
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 703 posts | 34 
      Scott Dann (Birmingham)
      Mar 24, 2011 03:09:32 pm
      Skysports.com understands Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has identified Birmingham defender Scott Dann as one of his top summer transfer targets.

Dalglish is keen to reshape the Reds squad for next season and he sees Dann as a key addition to his long-term plans.

Dann has established himself as one of the best young defenders in the Premier League during his time at Birmingham.

A number of clubs, including Manchester United, are believed to be monitoring his situation at St Andrews but Dalglish is keen to win the race for the Liverpool-born stopper.

However, any move could prove difficult with newly installed director of football Damien Comolli being involved in all transfer dealings at Anfield.

It is believed Comolli is looking to pursue other targets ahead of Dann even though Dalglish sees the former Coventry man as the type of young, hungry and Premier League proven player he wants to bring into his side for next season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6832818,00.html
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Re: Scott Dann (Birmingham)
      Reply #1: Mar 24, 2011 03:13:24 pm
      If Kenny thinks he is good enough that is good enough for me.

Sign him up.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #2: Mar 24, 2011 03:15:38 pm
      He is from Liverpool and is a former season ticket holder. :)
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #3: Mar 24, 2011 03:16:08 pm
      Solid centre back, wouldn't look bad in our squad.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #4: Mar 24, 2011 03:18:50 pm
      Don't like the implication in the story. Comolli has no say in who to choose, his job is to scout possible and get who he's told NOT who he wants. I've always been uneasy about him, none of his previous clubs like him at all - there's always an unhappy ending when he's involved. As far as stepping on Kenny's toes? KK has the power - he'll do as he sees fit, not anyone else

On Scott Dann though - fan of the club, local lad, knows what it's all about and most of all is young and talented; fits FSG's criteria down to the ground. Sign him up!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5: Mar 24, 2011 03:57:07 pm
      Don't like the implication in the story. Comolli has no say in who to choose, his job is to scout possible and get who he's told NOT who he wants. I've always been uneasy about him, none of his previous clubs like him at all - there's always an unhappy ending when he's involved. As far as stepping on Kenny's toes? KK has the power - he'll do as he sees fit, not anyone else

On Scott Dann though - fan of the club, local lad, knows what it's all about and most of all is young and talented; fits FSG's criteria down to the ground. Sign him up!

That just came across to me as the media sh*t-stirring to me and other targets ahead of him could be talking about left-backs & wingers for all we know.  Until proven otherwise, I'd prefer to think everyone is pulling in the same direction, than believe that we have more angst behind the scenes.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6: Mar 24, 2011 03:59:45 pm
      More guessing from the media they don't really have a clue do they,expecting Shawcross to be linked with us next
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #7: Mar 24, 2011 04:01:34 pm
      More guessing from the media they don't really have a clue do they,expecting Shawcross to be linked with us next
      If we were going to sign a centre back, Shawcross would be high on my list.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Mar 24, 2011 04:16:04 pm
      He wouldn't on mine but I bet he is linked in the next month
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #9: Mar 24, 2011 04:16:57 pm
      He very sound defensively IMO. Would prefer Dann, Cahill or Johnson though.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Mar 24, 2011 04:19:48 pm
      Wouldn't like any of them, all British and good in the air thats about it, oh Cahill has pace something I think Shawcross is lacking
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #11: Mar 24, 2011 06:53:40 pm
      Cahill is solid with the ball too, decent passer, Id spend around 10mil for him nothing more though
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12: Mar 24, 2011 07:22:10 pm
      Would be a decent buy and solid at the back. I would welcome him to the club for sure.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #13: Mar 24, 2011 08:38:55 pm
      I dont think I would welcome him. Hes not better than Carragher or Skrtel in my opinion.

If we buy a centre back, it should be someone who will definiteely start beside Agger and proven!

Enough with this "squad player" sh*te. We sell Krygiakos, then we need a 4th maybe but that 4th should be a starter and a top quality one.

Carragher will be 33 next year and I think we cant trust Skrtel every game so buy a proven one.

Mexes is on a free I think??
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #14: Mar 24, 2011 09:17:25 pm
      I dont think I would welcome him. Hes not better than Carragher or Skrtel in my opinion.

If we buy a centre back, it should be someone who will definiteely start beside Agger and proven!

Enough with this "squad player" sh*te. We sell Krygiakos, then we need a 4th maybe but that 4th should be a starter and a top quality one.

Carragher will be 33 next year and I think we cant trust Skrtel every game so buy a proven one.

Nah Mexes is 29 next week and he's a liability, always making mistakes and has an astonishingly high red card rate - one thing a centre back can do without.

FSG would be flying in the face of their own player model by signing someone is age and with the wages he would no doubt demand. It'd be Joe Cole mark II

Dann is a sound option, players don't have to be superstars from the off, look at players who are world beaters at 21/22, by 27 they're so riddled with injuries they can hardly kick a ball.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Mar 25, 2011 12:43:32 am

You say that about Dann and then point out a player that i bet you hardly ever watch? Going off the reputation?
      I'm not saying he is a world class centre half but he is a sound option. Carragher is getting on and Skrtel is unreliable at times and same goes for Kyrgiakos so over the next 2 seasons we are going to need a couple replacements anyway. Rather money be spent elsewhere at the moment and then see if we have money for a world class centre half.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Mar 25, 2011 02:08:32 am
      Hes a solid CB nothing more to be said in all honesty. If we get him cheap then worth a go.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: Mar 25, 2011 10:50:10 am
      We should definitely look into buying him on a free, then spend money on the other areas and then see if there is any money left at the end to make a bid for Scott Dann or Ryan Shawcross to add to the English contingent.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #18: May 26, 2011 09:56:32 am

Liverpool FC considering move for Birmingham City defender Scott Dann

by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo
          May 26 2011

LIVERPOOL are considering a move for highly-rated Birmingham City defender Scott Dann.

The Reds are in the market for a centre-back this summer and the lifelong Kopite, who would cost around £10million, is on their shortlist.

Kirkdale-born Dann is certain to leave St Andrew’s following Birmingham’s relegation from the Premier League.

The 24-year-old has attracted interest from a number of other top flight clubs including Arsenal, Sunderland and West Brom.

However, it is understood the former Liverpool season ticket holder has his heart set on a switch to Anfield.

Dann missed the last four months of the campaign due to a torn hamstring he suffered against West Ham in January. His absence was a contributing factor in the relegation of Alex McLeish’s side.

He has since made a full recovery but will resist Birmingham’s attempts to retain his services.

Liverpool have also been linked with Gary Cahill but with Bolton demanding around £18million, Dann would represent both a cheaper and younger defensive option.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/05/26/liverpool-fc-considering-move-for-birmingham-city-defender-scott-dann-100252-28766577/
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #19: May 26, 2011 10:00:34 am
      Would be a cut price replacement if we miss out on Cahill, I think he is just another average centre half, in the Shawcross Roger Johnson, Robert Huth bracket
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #20: May 26, 2011 10:05:02 am
      Think he is a s good as Cahill and would not cost as must might be a good buy.
      Did not know he was from Liverpool,you learn something new every day.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #21: May 26, 2011 10:09:30 am
      No way the lad is as good Cahill, no way
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #22: May 26, 2011 10:11:08 am
      In my opinion Birmingham missed Dann big-time and his absence may even have cost them Premier League status. Personally I would take him, in front of Cahill, in the blink of an eye.

Quick Reply