Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

Aly Cissokho (Lyon)

Read 38187 times
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Aly Cissokho (Lyon)
      Reply #115: Jul 08, 2011 01:12:26 pm
      Cissokho and Mata down the left, thats a big old change from Konchesky and Jovanovic :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #116: Jul 08, 2011 01:24:18 pm
      Cissokho and Mata down the left, thats a big old change from Konchesky and Jovanovic :D

I reckon. Depressed to see the direction this club is taking :(
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #117: Jul 08, 2011 01:34:43 pm
      No ambition eh Crouchy? These owners haven't got a clue.
      Neitsab
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 333 posts |
      Reply #118: Jul 08, 2011 02:37:05 pm
      Not seen much of him to be honest, obviously looks a tank going forward but can he defend alright?
      You're right.
      Cissokho often go forward. He's better at this than the defensive tasks. I hope he will change his attitude if he signs with LFC.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #119: Jul 08, 2011 02:45:01 pm
      Kolo could step in and do a job at LB but relying heavily on a 19 year old could be a problem.  With the news of Toulalan leaving (played in DM and CB positions this year) and Diakhate returning to Kyiv at the end of his loan spell (played ~25 games at CB this year), Lyon only have a total of 6 defenders and only 2 CBs:

Cris (CB), Lovren (CB/RB/LB - a more mature version of Martin Kelly, already started to establish himself as a CB but when being introduced to the team plugged gaps at RB/LB), Revelliere (RB), Gassama (backup RB), Kolo (backup LB) and of course Cissokho (LB).  They won't sell cheap, they really need a new CB/LB type of player (maybe someone like Sakho). 

Also Cris is now 34yo (can't see him playing any longer than his 2013 contract) and Revelliere is now 31 (contract also up this year, not sure if it's been renewed).  Lovren, Gassama, Kolo and Cissokho are all young with Cissokho being the oldest.  If they sell Cissokho means that they will have a total of 5 defenders plus whoever they promote from youth system.  Kolo made maybe 10 apps this year at LB, I think this coming year he will make 20 as they start to ease him in the team.  Next season will be make or break for Cissokho and they will decide whether to keep or sell IMO. I don't expect movement this summer.

edit: He will not go for a penny less than €20m unless OL are in the business of losing money.  OL are also heavily relying on the likes of Gonalans and Lovren to have good seasons because they sold their replacements and I don't think they will do the same again with the LB situation unless a big money offer comes in - if Cissokho had as good a season this year as he did the year before, I could see big money offers coming in, but he's had the worst season to date in his career.  I'd still have him here in a heartbeat, I still think he will be the world's best LB in a few seasons, but only if he keeps progressing like he started to when he first arrived.

Nice summary that mate. Lovren is a fantastic tackler.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #120: Jul 08, 2011 03:17:21 pm
      Though, I've never watched this lad play, I've heard plenty about him that makes me think he's worth alot more than 9 million euros!

The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #121: Jul 08, 2011 03:33:18 pm
      Though, I've never watched this lad play, I've heard plenty about him that makes me think he's worth alot more than 9 million euros!

His name for a start.

No seriously to me he's just a very raw Cafu. The potential he has is frightening and the way he powers past people at times is a sight to behold. Add to that he can actually deliver a ball from deep or the byline and you've got a special player on your hands. Defensively I think he's underrated but of course he could stand to improve.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #122: Jul 08, 2011 03:40:00 pm
      He is an athlete and a half. He will run for 90 minutes. That is the thing that stands out the most when you watch him. Please let this one come to fruition.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #123: Jul 08, 2011 03:56:29 pm
      I'm all excited about this. This lad has a lot of pace, and he knows how to use it to beat a player.

He loves going down the wing and knows how to deliver a decent cross.

He would definitely offer a lot of width, and he's known for his attacking qualities.

He's nowhere near his peak yet, and at 23, he has time on his side to develop.

I can't believe the actual asking price is only 9mil, cause i'm sure he's worth much more. Go get him, and hurry up.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #124: Jul 08, 2011 04:02:38 pm
      Until I see a better source like the Daily Star I am not going to be getting excited about this. All we have at the moment is Talkshite and France Football.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #125: Jul 08, 2011 04:24:01 pm
      http://article.wn.com/view/2011/07/08/Lyons_Cissokho_umworben_Manchester_City_und_Liverpool_mit_In/

I'm not 100% sure what it says, but it seems to be linking Aly to us and City again.  Not sure if they know that they just bought Clichy....
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #126: Jul 08, 2011 04:27:17 pm
      The fact that City have just paid a similar figure for Clichy makes this better. It's less likely they'll go in for Aly now.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #127: Jul 08, 2011 04:31:20 pm
      Canal+ in France apparently expect the Cissokho to Liverpool deal to be done sooner than expected. No idea of their credibility though.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #128: Jul 08, 2011 04:44:34 pm
      No ambition eh Crouchy? These owners haven't got a clue.

Down right scandalous. A swindle, if you will.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #129: Jul 08, 2011 04:47:22 pm
      Down right scandalous. A swindle, if you will.

Would you call it an "epic swindle?"
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #130: Jul 08, 2011 04:57:04 pm
      Didn't expect this one to happen, but hope those recent rumours are true. My first option would still be Baines for the left back but given how unlikely it is to sign him, I'd be happy with Cissokho.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #131: Jul 08, 2011 05:03:31 pm
      Agree with Diego, Baines my first option but Cissokho is quality so im fine with that.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #132: Jul 08, 2011 05:05:59 pm
      Having someone like Clarke will only sure-up his defense, and he's a bull going forward. Pace, a cross, a dribble. Has it all. He's still young, admires and knows how big of a club LFC is. He'll be awesome here.

Get him in, especially at the price being mentioned.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #133: Jul 08, 2011 05:08:16 pm
      I'm trying not get very excited about the prospect of Cissokho in a reds jersey (for obvious reasons), but...He's a good player with loads of potential and a Liverpool fan.  So, I imagine he'll give it his all if he was to come to LFC. 
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #134: Jul 08, 2011 07:14:46 pm
      According to some guy in France on LFCTV Interactive, The French are getting very excited by news that Cissokho is ready for his phone call from Comolli. It looks set to happen apparently. Dear god I hope they're right.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #135: Jul 08, 2011 07:17:27 pm
      According to some guy in France on LFCTV Interactive, The French are getting very excited by news that Cissokho is ready for his phone call from Comolli. It looks set to happen apparently. Dear god I hope they're right.
      Sounds like we're extremely close, no smoke and all that
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,361 posts | 4971 
      Reply #136: Jul 08, 2011 07:26:38 pm

I've only seen him play a couple of times but many on here seem to rate him very highly.

For those of you who have seen a lot of him is he the best LB we have been linked with so far?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #137: Jul 08, 2011 07:34:38 pm
      This is superb.

I've wanted this guy for a few years now.

Quick Reply