Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?

Read 10380 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?
      May 16, 2011 10:29:55 am
      A lot of discussion around the web, regarding both players....

If we were to only have one next season, who and why?

Aquilani all day for me, better passing range, better creatively and has something to prove.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2011 03:05:50 pm by kb2x »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Re: Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam?
      Reply #1: May 16, 2011 10:31:12 am
      Neither

Invest in other areas of the team.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2: May 16, 2011 10:33:24 am
      Aquilani.
      In his last few games for us when his fitness was coming back, his passing range was incredible. I think he'd fit Kenny's style of play brilliantly and unlock defenses with his passes to the front men.
      Adam also has good passing ability but not sure he has the same level of game intelligence.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3: May 16, 2011 10:38:42 am
      Easy aquilani. Adam is a match of the day player
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #4: May 16, 2011 10:55:11 am
      Aquilani everytime
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #5: May 16, 2011 11:07:41 am
      Neither

Invest in other areas of the team.
      Great Post but i dont think we should sell Aqua less than 12m. So be it if no one will accept that price.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #6: May 16, 2011 11:24:36 am
      Great Post but i dont think we should sell Aqua less than 12m. So be it if no one will accept that price.

Agree, if no one meets our valuation, F**k them, keep him in the squad
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #7: May 16, 2011 11:26:55 am
      Aquilani is our player so techincally we already have him.. But would I bring him back instead of splashing out on Adam?

Yes

As Huyton said we have more pressing areas of the pitch to focus on I think.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2011 12:07:40 pm by Dannylfc »
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #8: May 16, 2011 11:34:01 am
      Aquilani all day for me.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #9: May 16, 2011 11:43:53 am
      Aquilani doesn't want to come back so I don't want him here. I'd prefer that we find the new Alonso (not asking much) and if Comolli is working including the stats and Kenny rates their desire to play for LFC we might just get one.

I'd take Adam but not at the stupid prices that have been bandied around. He's gone off the boil since the transfer window (for whatever reason) and his price has lowered because of that. I personally think that given the right manager (Kenny) and Coach (Clarke) he can become a first team regular.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10: May 16, 2011 12:07:15 pm
      Aquilani without doubt, we all crave a return to pass and move football, Aquilani excels at that, in terms of passing and moving into space I'd say he is arguably the best player in our current squad in terms of that ability.

You only have to watch him play to see when he receives the ball his head is up and he picks out his pass, the moment he releases the ball, he moves into space to receive the ball again.

He's more mobile than Adam, has better vision than Adam, is technically a better player than Adam and arguably a better passer than Adam.

If I had to write a pro's and cons list on both players the only thing that would flag up for me with Aquilani is his injury history, however he's completed a full season so that could be very much behind him now.

Edit: One thing that flags up for me is, the vast majority (Not All) that don't want Aquilani to return are the same people who wanted Rafa gone and believed Roy could take us forwards and were fully behind his decision to send Aquilani out on loan.

That says to me their is an agenda behind some peoples reasoning and they aren't judging Aquilani on his footballing ability but judging him on the man who bought him and they don't want Aquilani back here in case they have to hold their hands up in the air and eat a big slice of humble pie.

Personally I'm excited about the possibility of Aquilani returning next season as if we are not even in Europe we still need to build a squad that is capable challenging on four front's and Aquilani would be a help to achieving that other than an hindrance.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2011 12:29:19 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #11: May 16, 2011 12:41:49 pm
      Neither.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #12: May 16, 2011 12:50:37 pm

Aquilani ... And it is not even close ...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #13: May 16, 2011 02:52:18 pm
      Edit: One thing that flags up for me is, the vast majority (Not All) that don't want Aquilani to return are the same people who wanted Rafa gone and believed Roy could take us forwards and were fully behind his decision to send Aquilani out on loan.

That says to me their is an agenda behind some peoples reasoning and they aren't judging Aquilani on his footballing ability but judging him on the man who bought him and they don't want Aquilani back here in case they have to hold their hands up in the air and eat a big slice of humble pie.

The same people who Purslow listened to, which might explain Aquilani getting fu**ed off on loan, Insua getting fu**ed off on loan and Lucas would of been fu**ed off, had dare I say it Project Owl not stepped in and told CP that he could still do a job for the team!

I didn't go nuts when we bought him, because I knew he had previous for niggly injuries, impressed me towards the end of last season and I've hardly watched him in Serie A this season. So if an Italian team wants to bid £10 million plus I'd take it, but if not he should be welcomed back into the fold next season, providing he still wants to be here!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #14: May 16, 2011 02:59:20 pm
      Not even a debate for me, Aquilani every time.  Much better player and would push for a first team place, whilst Adam would very much be the epitomy of a squad player.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15: May 16, 2011 03:06:25 pm
      Easy aquilani. Adam is a match of the day player

That is one of the better assessments I have seen of Adam. The more and more I've seen Blackpool play, the less impressed I've been with Adam's overall game. His left foot can produce great highlights, but Aquilani is the far more impressive all around midfielder.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?
      Reply #16: May 16, 2011 03:14:26 pm
      Adam played well when Blackpool did, they are now probably going to get relegated, his form was good in the 1st part of the season, now he hardly gets mentioned.

Aquilani, not seen him play all season, but the reports are good, and I think if he was poor then Juve would not want him, plus others.

No brainer for me. Enjoy the Kiss Me Quick hats, and the Blackpool Rock next season Charlie.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Re: Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?
      Reply #17: May 16, 2011 04:10:44 pm
      I will take Aqualani any given time over Adam.

Imo, Adam will be good enough as a squad player, only. He's not really setting the EPL alight with his performances.

If we're serious about challenging for the title, C/L and whatever silverware we can get our hands on, then we should raise the bar and get someone better than Adam.

Adam will always shine in a team like Blackpool, cause he's surrounded by some mediocre players who's not very talented, and who will never make the cut somewhere else, and that's why he stands out.

Aquilani on the other hand is the player that we should try and bring back in our side, cause he will produce what we're missing and lacking ever since Alonso left. We wanna play pass and move, so Aquilani's the right person to have within our ranks.

I rate Aqualani, and not Adam.     
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #18: May 16, 2011 05:07:21 pm
      Aquilani without a second thought and I think Adam is a decent player but Alberto is on another level completely.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #19: May 16, 2011 07:57:22 pm
      Neither. Aquilani can't play in the EPL, but Adam is an above average player surrounded by below average ones, making him look great.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: May 16, 2011 08:00:36 pm
      Neither. Aquilani can't play in the EPL.

Lmao... honest to F***ing god.

Very outlandish statement that, of course he can play in the premier league, he proved as much towards the back end of last season, when finished as the 2nd most productive player in our squad in terms of assists.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #21: May 16, 2011 08:03:32 pm
      No contest: Aquilani.

I really hope we get him back. Yesterday proved why we need options for when we have injuries.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #22: May 16, 2011 08:03:45 pm
      Aquilani had 6 assists in an injury ravaged season while trying to adapt to a new league, I think he would have been very good this season if he had stayed

Quick Reply