Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?

Read 10331 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?
      May 16, 2011 10:29:55 am
      A lot of discussion around the web, regarding both players....

If we were to only have one next season, who and why?

Aquilani all day for me, better passing range, better creatively and has something to prove.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2011 03:05:50 pm by kb2x »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Re: Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam?
      Reply #1: May 16, 2011 10:31:12 am
      Neither

Invest in other areas of the team.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2: May 16, 2011 10:33:24 am
      Aquilani.
      In his last few games for us when his fitness was coming back, his passing range was incredible. I think he'd fit Kenny's style of play brilliantly and unlock defenses with his passes to the front men.
      Adam also has good passing ability but not sure he has the same level of game intelligence.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3: May 16, 2011 10:38:42 am
      Easy aquilani. Adam is a match of the day player
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #4: May 16, 2011 10:55:11 am
      Aquilani everytime
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #5: May 16, 2011 11:07:41 am
      Neither

Invest in other areas of the team.
      Great Post but i dont think we should sell Aqua less than 12m. So be it if no one will accept that price.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #6: May 16, 2011 11:24:36 am
      Great Post but i dont think we should sell Aqua less than 12m. So be it if no one will accept that price.

Agree, if no one meets our valuation, F**k them, keep him in the squad
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #7: May 16, 2011 11:26:55 am
      Aquilani is our player so techincally we already have him.. But would I bring him back instead of splashing out on Adam?

Yes

As Huyton said we have more pressing areas of the pitch to focus on I think.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2011 12:07:40 pm by Dannylfc »
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #8: May 16, 2011 11:34:01 am
      Aquilani all day for me.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #9: May 16, 2011 11:43:53 am
      Aquilani doesn't want to come back so I don't want him here. I'd prefer that we find the new Alonso (not asking much) and if Comolli is working including the stats and Kenny rates their desire to play for LFC we might just get one.

I'd take Adam but not at the stupid prices that have been bandied around. He's gone off the boil since the transfer window (for whatever reason) and his price has lowered because of that. I personally think that given the right manager (Kenny) and Coach (Clarke) he can become a first team regular.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10: May 16, 2011 12:07:15 pm
      Aquilani without doubt, we all crave a return to pass and move football, Aquilani excels at that, in terms of passing and moving into space I'd say he is arguably the best player in our current squad in terms of that ability.

You only have to watch him play to see when he receives the ball his head is up and he picks out his pass, the moment he releases the ball, he moves into space to receive the ball again.

He's more mobile than Adam, has better vision than Adam, is technically a better player than Adam and arguably a better passer than Adam.

If I had to write a pro's and cons list on both players the only thing that would flag up for me with Aquilani is his injury history, however he's completed a full season so that could be very much behind him now.

Edit: One thing that flags up for me is, the vast majority (Not All) that don't want Aquilani to return are the same people who wanted Rafa gone and believed Roy could take us forwards and were fully behind his decision to send Aquilani out on loan.

That says to me their is an agenda behind some peoples reasoning and they aren't judging Aquilani on his footballing ability but judging him on the man who bought him and they don't want Aquilani back here in case they have to hold their hands up in the air and eat a big slice of humble pie.

Personally I'm excited about the possibility of Aquilani returning next season as if we are not even in Europe we still need to build a squad that is capable challenging on four front's and Aquilani would be a help to achieving that other than an hindrance.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2011 12:29:19 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #11: May 16, 2011 12:41:49 pm
      Neither.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #12: May 16, 2011 12:50:37 pm

Aquilani ... And it is not even close ...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #13: May 16, 2011 02:52:18 pm
      Edit: One thing that flags up for me is, the vast majority (Not All) that don't want Aquilani to return are the same people who wanted Rafa gone and believed Roy could take us forwards and were fully behind his decision to send Aquilani out on loan.

That says to me their is an agenda behind some peoples reasoning and they aren't judging Aquilani on his footballing ability but judging him on the man who bought him and they don't want Aquilani back here in case they have to hold their hands up in the air and eat a big slice of humble pie.

The same people who Purslow listened to, which might explain Aquilani getting fu**ed off on loan, Insua getting fu**ed off on loan and Lucas would of been fu**ed off, had dare I say it Project Owl not stepped in and told CP that he could still do a job for the team!

I didn't go nuts when we bought him, because I knew he had previous for niggly injuries, impressed me towards the end of last season and I've hardly watched him in Serie A this season. So if an Italian team wants to bid £10 million plus I'd take it, but if not he should be welcomed back into the fold next season, providing he still wants to be here!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #14: May 16, 2011 02:59:20 pm
      Not even a debate for me, Aquilani every time.  Much better player and would push for a first team place, whilst Adam would very much be the epitomy of a squad player.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15: May 16, 2011 03:06:25 pm
      Easy aquilani. Adam is a match of the day player

That is one of the better assessments I have seen of Adam. The more and more I've seen Blackpool play, the less impressed I've been with Adam's overall game. His left foot can produce great highlights, but Aquilani is the far more impressive all around midfielder.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?
      Reply #16: May 16, 2011 03:14:26 pm
      Adam played well when Blackpool did, they are now probably going to get relegated, his form was good in the 1st part of the season, now he hardly gets mentioned.

Aquilani, not seen him play all season, but the reports are good, and I think if he was poor then Juve would not want him, plus others.

No brainer for me. Enjoy the Kiss Me Quick hats, and the Blackpool Rock next season Charlie.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Re: Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?
      Reply #17: May 16, 2011 04:10:44 pm
      I will take Aqualani any given time over Adam.

Imo, Adam will be good enough as a squad player, only. He's not really setting the EPL alight with his performances.

If we're serious about challenging for the title, C/L and whatever silverware we can get our hands on, then we should raise the bar and get someone better than Adam.

Adam will always shine in a team like Blackpool, cause he's surrounded by some mediocre players who's not very talented, and who will never make the cut somewhere else, and that's why he stands out.

Aquilani on the other hand is the player that we should try and bring back in our side, cause he will produce what we're missing and lacking ever since Alonso left. We wanna play pass and move, so Aquilani's the right person to have within our ranks.

I rate Aqualani, and not Adam.     
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #18: May 16, 2011 05:07:21 pm
      Aquilani without a second thought and I think Adam is a decent player but Alberto is on another level completely.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #19: May 16, 2011 07:57:22 pm
      Neither. Aquilani can't play in the EPL, but Adam is an above average player surrounded by below average ones, making him look great.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: May 16, 2011 08:00:36 pm
      Neither. Aquilani can't play in the EPL.

Lmao... honest to F***ing god.

Very outlandish statement that, of course he can play in the premier league, he proved as much towards the back end of last season, when finished as the 2nd most productive player in our squad in terms of assists.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #21: May 16, 2011 08:03:32 pm
      No contest: Aquilani.

I really hope we get him back. Yesterday proved why we need options for when we have injuries.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #22: May 16, 2011 08:03:45 pm
      Aquilani had 6 assists in an injury ravaged season while trying to adapt to a new league, I think he would have been very good this season if he had stayed
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #23: May 16, 2011 08:07:55 pm
      Meh mute point now anyway, he's been told to get back to Liverpool following Juventus game with Napoli on Sunday.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #24: May 16, 2011 08:09:57 pm
      Meh mute point now anyway, he's been told to get back to Liverpool following Juventus game with Napoli on Sunday.
      Seriously? With a view to staying?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: May 16, 2011 08:11:23 pm
      Seriously? With a view to staying?

No Idea, no fee has been agreed with Juventus, so he's been told to return to Liverpool is all I know.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #26: May 16, 2011 08:12:32 pm

Good.  About time!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #27: May 16, 2011 08:15:47 pm
      No Idea, no fee has been agreed with Juventus, so he's been told to return to Liverpool is all I know.

They'll reach an agreement for an undisclosed fee. As much as he'd benefit us if he hasn't got the heart, he ain't worth it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: May 16, 2011 08:21:34 pm
      They'll reach an agreement for an undisclosed fee. As much as he'd benefit us if he hasn't got the heart, he ain't worth it.

Dunno to be honest mate, Just an acquaintance of mine text me some information earlier that I posted, so I asked him he'd heard anything regarding Aquilani and that's what he told me.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #29: May 16, 2011 08:43:33 pm
      Dunno to be honest mate, Just an acquaintance of mine text me some information earlier that I posted, so I asked him he'd heard anything regarding Aquilani and that's what he told me.

Time will tell then, I was resigned to never seeing him again months ago. If they won't pay up and he passes Kenny's 'Do you love LFC' waterboarding interview then he can come and play for the best club in the world.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #30: May 16, 2011 09:52:57 pm
      Aquilani over Charlie Adam.

But I would love to see James McCarthy here. A prospect with a lot of talent that can contribute right away.
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #31: May 16, 2011 10:45:18 pm
      Barry Bannan.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #32: May 16, 2011 11:29:15 pm
      Aquilani. For many of the reasons stated. He's a player with great skill and seems to have got past being constantly injured. Really liked what I saw of the guy towards the back of last season and the reports coming out of Italy have been very positive. The major thing though is (as has already been said) his pass and move style of play would fit in with us now more than ever.

My only concern would be, if he didn't want to be here. You would never get the best from a player who felt like that.

Don't think Adam is the quality we are looking for either way tbh.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #33: May 17, 2011 02:08:44 am
      Mascherano.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #34: May 17, 2011 08:36:24 am
      Lmao... honest to f**king god.

Very outlandish statement that, of course he can play in the premier league, he proved as much towards the back end of last season, when finished as the 2nd most productive player
       in our squad in terms of assists.

Sometimes I despair I really do, he had one good game against Portsmouth. In fact it was that good he spent the remainder of the season either as sub or bein subbed.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: May 17, 2011 08:55:44 am
      Sometimes I despair I really do, he had one good game against Portsmouth. In fact it was that good he spent the remainder of the season either as sub or bein subbed.

I despair because that's a loads of bollocks, what about Atletico Madrid, which was arguably his best game in a red shirt ?

He also started the last 9 games of the season.

I some times wonder if you watch our games or if you just pick up the papers and believe what ever infactual piece of rubbish that particular Journo spews on to the page.

You don't half talk some sh*te at times Gazza.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #36: May 17, 2011 09:03:27 am

I despair because that's a loads of bollocks, what about Atletico Madrid, which was arguably his best game in a red shirt ?

He also started the last 9 games of the season.

I some times wonder if you watch our games or if you just pick up the papers and believe what ever infactual piece of rubbish that particular Journo spews on to the page.

You don't half talk some sh*te at times Gazza.

Are we not talking about premiership? Plus it's you talking sh*te after the Portsmouth match he was on the bench against United Sunderland and Birmingham I think. Then started against Burnley which I concede he played the full 90 minutes. So this great end to the season saw him playing 90 minutes against Portsmouth and Burnley the premiership giants. Yeah he really proved himself.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: May 17, 2011 09:13:43 am
      Are we not talking about premiership?

No I was talking about our remaining games, which include more than the premiership.... or do we exclude them and pretend he had never played in them to suit your argument ?

Tell you what Gazza lets just F**k Andy Carroll on loan for a season and agree a fee for his transfer eh ?

Lets be honest due to injuries he's had a similar start to Aquilani..........  :f_tongueincheek:

Do you think its of any coincidence Gazza that the best football we played last season, was when Aquilani was on the pitch linking up with Yossi, Kuyt, Maxi and Gerrard ?
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #38: May 17, 2011 09:38:34 am
      What against Portsmouth an Burnley? Think these games may have misled the guys stats and your view on him. Portsmouth resting players and Burnley played suicide football. We scored four in both.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: May 17, 2011 09:54:49 am
      What against Portsmouth an Burnley? Think these games may have misled the guys stats and your view on him. Portsmouth resting players and Burnley played suicide football. We scored four in both.

Stats don't skewer my view on him at all as I watched him play they just lend credence to my opinion.

Lets just say in terms of the pass and move football we are trying to implement at Liverpool under Kenny, Aquilani is arguably the best player in our current squad of players in terms of that ability.

You only have to watch him play Gazza in even our Rigid system under Rafa, when he received a pass his head was up and he picked out a pass more often than not playing a one touch ball, the moment he played the pass, he moved into space ready to receive or demand the ball again, he's the type of player that creates pockets of space for himself to play in.

Watch the video's tell me I'm wrong.

Aquilani vs Portsmouth

Alberto Aquilani V Atletico Madrid

Aquilani vs Wigan

Aquilani vs Reading 13/01/10

Now if Charlie Adam was the quality of player some would have you believe then his form wouldn't have dipped so dramatically following January as some have implied it's because teams close him down quicker, well seriously if he was quality, then just like Aquilani he'd create little pockets of space for himself to play in no ?

Aquilani plays one touch pass and move football, which funnily enough is the etho's this club was built around and what we appear to be turning back too.
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2011 11:05:24 am by RedLFCBlood »
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #40: May 17, 2011 10:17:25 am
      Quality red.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #41: May 17, 2011 10:19:58 am
      Neither for me I see Raul in this position now and think the money could be best invested in a deep lying ball playing CM as we've never replaced Xabi. Unfortunately there isn't too many of them about, I think Parker despite his age would be a decent stop gap signing for a couple of seasons.

Having said that there is nothing wrong with competion and as seen as Alberto is already ours and we shouldn't be short of cash bring the boy back he's deserves more of a shot
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #42: May 17, 2011 10:32:23 am
      I always agree with RLB. I agree with his previous posts and I will agree with his upcoming posts. ;D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #43: May 17, 2011 11:08:10 am
      Neither for me I see Raul in this position now and think the money could be best invested in a deep lying ball playing CM as we've never replaced Xabi. Unfortunately there isn't too many of them about, I think Parker despite his age would be a decent stop gap signing for a couple of seasons.

Having said that there is nothing wrong with competion and as seen as Alberto is already ours and we shouldn't be short of cash bring the boy back he's deserves more of a shot
      I was about to post this emoticon ->  :mad: until you added that last line.

We NEED competition for places from top level players so as much as I like Raul, having Aquilani as well could only be a positive.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #44: May 17, 2011 08:45:58 pm
      To be honest if I was selling Adam quoting performances against Reading, Wigan and Portsmouth I would quite rightly be laughed at.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: May 18, 2011 09:11:26 am
      To be honest if I was selling Adam quoting performances against Reading, Wigan and Portsmouth I would quite rightly be laughed at.

Oh do give over Gazza, you are one of these I was referring too having a quite different agenda when commenting on Aquilani.

You don't judge him on his ability, you judge him on the man who signed him and the fact that he was injured when signed.

If you can't see or admit that the lad would actually strengthen the current squad then you're obviously as daft as you are stupid looking.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2862 
      Reply #46: May 18, 2011 04:38:47 pm
      Neither to be honest.

One isn't good enough and the other one doesn't want to be here.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #47: May 18, 2011 04:43:16 pm
      Someone else -  Sneijder. :f_tongueincheek:
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #48: May 18, 2011 07:05:16 pm

Oh do give over Gazza, you are one of these I was referring too having a quite different agenda when commenting on Aquilani.

You don't judge him on his ability, you judge him on the man who signed him and the fact that he was injured when signed.

If you can't see or admit that the lad would actually strengthen the current squad then
      you're obviously as daft as you are stupid looking.

I judge him by the fact he is not good enough, in fact the man who signed him didn't think he was good enough. You have Rose tinted glasses and are arguing or arguings sake. Spearing and Lucas should not and will not stand aside for a player who I think would not fit.

But guess you will make more things up like he started the last nine games or so, but won't call you daft or stupid for doing it as that's just petty isn't it.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #49: May 18, 2011 07:14:32 pm
      Adam because it sounds like Aquilani wants to move to Juve
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #50: May 18, 2011 07:25:04 pm
      After watching those videos i've changed my mind. Forgotten how well Aquilani played early in his LFC career
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #51: May 18, 2011 08:42:29 pm
      I judge him by the fact he is not good enough, in fact the man who signed him didn't think he was good enough. You have Rose tinted glasses and are arguing or arguings sake. Spearing and Lucas should not and will not stand aside for a player who I think would not fit.

He's not good enough because you say so ?

However Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish thinks he's good enough.

He's a better player than both Spearing and Lucas so that's a daft argument..........

Then again you deemed Rafa not good enough and Roy as our Savior, so your opinion means very little to me when judging players or managers.

bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #52: May 18, 2011 09:03:13 pm
      Alonso
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #53: May 19, 2011 05:13:47 am

Now that's a midfielder, won't comment on the lies above your post as not worth it.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #54: May 19, 2011 06:25:11 am
      if he wants to come ..get him in,cause we can't get a better player around 15 mil..
      and their is no point of comparison with Adam and Aqua..
      Aquilani is way better then him in lot of departments..
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #55: May 21, 2011 03:31:47 pm
      aquilaini has more skill in his left shin pad than charlie adam!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #56: May 21, 2011 03:47:09 pm
      I personally think Aquilani would be fantastic in our pass and move style under Kenny, think it'd be a great idea to bring him back.
      Bennett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      • 'Once a red, always a red'. YNWA!
      Reply #57: May 21, 2011 04:50:27 pm
      Defo not Charlie Adam, I would rather have Aquilani, But Alonso would be great if he came back.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #58: May 21, 2011 05:07:02 pm
      In the words of Kenny, 'the most important people at the club are the ones available to play'

If he wants to be here, then Aquilani. How someone could pick a 6 month wonder ( not even a 1 season wonder ) over a player with a much higher calibre like Aquilani I'll never know.

I wonder if he was signed by a different man, would certain posters still pick off little things about Aquilani?
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #59: May 21, 2011 11:23:59 pm
      I genuinely hope if he does comes back he makes a go of it in his short time here he was hugely frustrating to watch for me. You can see the quality in the guy but the number of times he gave away poession was unreal, even in some of the games posted above where he had some decent highlights he was always getting caught out. Worth another shout as the squad was playing badly in general at the time but I still fear he is another quality little player from Serie A who won't adapt to the pace of the EPL. If anyone can get the best out of hime though its Kenny
      *HighAsAKuyt*
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #60: May 22, 2011 12:01:46 am
      In my eyes they are both good players capable of turning in match winning performances. Happy with either of them. We should focus more on the wings and get some top quality additions as CM shouldnt be a priority.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #61: May 23, 2011 01:20:38 pm
      Would love to see Aquilani come back and show us what we are missing,bolster the squad and improve options in midfeild,wouldnt mind adam aswell if being honest as i like him as aswell.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #62: May 23, 2011 01:48:45 pm
      I really can't make my mind up on this one,i have a bad feeling that this season is just a one hit wonder for Adam but i'd still be gutted if united or spurs snapped him up.

As for Aqualani if he doesn't want to play for us F**k him we don't need him i still think he has alot to offer he was good at the back end off last season despite playing in Rafa Benitez rigid system when it is clear he is a very creaative attack minded player if he was to come back i'm sure he'd slot into our pass and move system with ease !

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #63: May 24, 2011 08:50:28 pm
      I really want to see Aquilani in a red shirt just to see what he can do.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #64: May 24, 2011 09:43:28 pm

''La Repubblica'' reporting that Aquilani is returning to Liverpool ...

http://www.repubblica.it/sport/calcio/serie-a/juventus/2011/05/24/news/aguero_si_avvicina-16684546/
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #65: May 25, 2011 12:17:46 am
      I'd rather have both.

Blackpool can have Shelvey, and Juventus can have Joe Cole.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #66: May 25, 2011 01:57:59 am
      I'd rather have both.

Blackpool can have Shelvey, and Juventus can have Joe Cole.

I like :)
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #67: May 25, 2011 04:36:59 am
      If it comes down to choosing one, it'll have to be Aquilani over Adam.

1) He's free. Will save us, what, 10mil?
      2) He's no way worse than Adam. Better actually. The few games he played for us last season, he was pretty impressive.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #68: May 25, 2011 11:39:12 am
      Personally, i,d much prefer Aqualani but in my heart of hearts i think he wants to stay in Italy and the deal will be done with Juve eventually. So we will probably get our 12 million for him and invest 10 million on Charlie Adam. Just my opinion i,m afraid.
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #69: May 26, 2011 07:50:14 am
      aquilani is our plan b merchant. We need him so bad when were having a bad day lacking creativity and tempo. That lad can come on and change the speed of the game in an instant. He should take all corners and freekicks aswell.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #70: May 26, 2011 09:22:23 am
      We need a holding cm if anything.  Something in the mould of patrick vierra or masch, or momo sissoko. 

This will give our other cms more fredom on the field
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #71: May 26, 2011 09:33:28 am
      Charlie Adam without a doubt.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #72: May 26, 2011 07:00:02 pm
      Aquilani is far more better than Adam. He's well suited in Kenny's philosophy of the game. His range of passing is far greater than Adam.

Wait, did someone mentioned about how the former manager didn't think he was good enough? WTF he spent that money for him if he's not that good. He nearly owned Juve this season!

One thing remain, where does his heart belongs to now? One thing Aquilani, pack your bags and come home. We paid, we treated and we want you to play!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #73: May 27, 2011 12:04:21 pm
       Charlie Adam, not even close.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #74: May 27, 2011 12:31:40 pm
      Would still rather have Banega, but hey I'll take anyone over Poulson in our squad
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #75: May 27, 2011 12:33:05 pm
      Would still rather have Banega, but hey I'll take anyone over Poulson in our squad

The way I see things is we could end up with both yet which won't be a disaster.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #76: May 27, 2011 12:36:14 pm
      Aquilani is a class above Adam and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed agree about Banega Blood he is similar to Alonso
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #77: May 27, 2011 12:37:53 pm
      The way I see things is we could end up with both yet which won't be a disaster.
      Aquilani and Adam or Banega and one of the aforementioned.
      Don't get my hopes up...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #78: May 27, 2011 12:37:55 pm
      Aquilani is a class above Adam and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed agree about Banega Blood he is similar to Alonso

I know mate, I've been Banega's biggest champion, I think he's a class act and would be the perfect fit for LFC.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #79: May 27, 2011 12:40:06 pm
      Can't think of many better suited to the deep lying role
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #80: May 27, 2011 12:47:12 pm
      ever banega, one step behind xavi

Bit long but some good pass and move
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #81: May 27, 2011 01:07:34 pm
      The difference between Banega an Adam, Banega has the ability of going past a man, Adam doesn't so there is less point getting tight an closing down quick to Banega because he wll skip around you. Adam doesn't have that abilty and why he struggles when closed down quickly
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #82: May 27, 2011 01:09:37 pm
      Read a few media reports of Inter looking to sign Banega for 8Million. If that's the case I'd say forget Adam.
      Banega has more quality about him. Anything up to 12Million for Banega makes the price quoted for Adam ridiculous.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #83: May 27, 2011 01:14:56 pm
      Read a few media reports of Inter looking to sign Banega for 8Million. If that's the case I'd say forget Adam.
      Banega has more quality about him. Anything up to 12Million for Banega makes the price quoted for Adam ridiculous.

Banega for me is in the top 10 central midfielders in the world right now and that's the biggest accolade I can pay the lad, there is not many better as he is basically the complete central midfielder, he's mobile, has a good engine, can track back and tackle, has a great range of passing both long and short, his pass and move game is superb,  he can go past his man with ease, can play in tight pockets of space, has great vision, has a box of tricks in his locker and he's got quite a shot on him and gets one or two goals.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #84: May 27, 2011 01:21:57 pm
      25 yellows and 4 reds(might be wrong on the reds) in 100 games suggests he's not afraid to put his foot in alright.
      Think himself and Lucas in midfield could develop into a strong partnership. Presuming we don't sign any other midfielders that is.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #85: May 27, 2011 01:25:11 pm
      Benega is a quality player, no doubt. Maybe not in the top 10 midfielders in the world but there is defiantly quality there.

I would choose Aquliani out of the two simply because Aquliani is the better passer, he is fitter and he can see the picture before it happens, only the very best can do that.

Theres a lot of love for Benega here, which I can understand becuase he is a terrific player but I would have Javi Martinez over Ever Benega, he is a quality, built like a tank and has Xabi's range of passing. In 1 or 2 years he'll be a world class midfielder and is currently very very good. Definsive he's as good as anyone and his passing ability it up there with the best. Also physically built for the premier league. Put him in a quality team and he'll flurish. I do think Benega would be cheaper, imagine getting Mata and Benega in a deal with Valencia :jackoff:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #86: May 27, 2011 01:28:03 pm
      25 yellows and 4 reds(might be wrong on the reds) in 100 games suggests he's not afraid to put his foot in alright.
      Think himself and Lucas in midfield could develop into a strong partnership. Presuming we don't sign any other midfielders that is.

I think he'd work well in any combination of our central midfielders to be honest mate, he's a very intelligent player and is quite disciplined in terms of knowing when to hold his position or break forward.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #87: May 27, 2011 01:29:09 pm
      Mata and Banega from Valencia in Double Swoop

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #88: May 27, 2011 01:30:30 pm

I would choose Aquliani out of the two simply because Aquliani is the better passer, he is fitter and he can see the picture before it happens, only the very best can do that.

I wouldn't Banega is the more complete player out of them both to be honest and I'm an Aquilani fan.

And when I said Top 10 CM midfielders, I meant good old  fashioned CM's none of these fancy title like DM or Play maker as a complete good old fashioned CM Banega is right up there.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #89: May 27, 2011 01:32:52 pm
      I wouldn't Banega is the more complete player out of them both to be honest and I'm an Aquilani fan.

I can tell your a Benega fan ;D

He's a top player although I like Martinez more.

In that quote I wasn't comparing Banega to Aquliani, I was comparing Aquliani to Adam. I would have Benega over Aquliani.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #90: May 27, 2011 01:35:46 pm
      I can tell your a Benega fan ;D

He's a top player although I like Martinez more.

In that quote I wasn't comparing Benega to Aquliani, I was comparing Aquliani to Adam. I would have Benega over Aquliani.

Ahh I see, I'm actually a big fan of Martinez too as I've displayed on these boards many of a time, that is a central midfield pairing you could build a Successfull Liverpool team around in Banega and Martinez.

Which funnily enough would be another Argentina and Spain partnership.  :o
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #91: May 27, 2011 01:37:35 pm
      Martinez...
      Get him in too :D

What do you mean we're getting carried away now
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #92: May 27, 2011 01:38:42 pm
      8 million for Banega would be a steal though, makes me wonder if he's still having some issues off the field if he's that cheap.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #93: May 27, 2011 01:42:33 pm
      8 million for Banega would be a steal though, makes me wonder if he's still having some issues off the field if he's that cheap.

Emery has agreed a new deal at Valencia.
      Depends on his relationship with Banega. Didn't they have a falling out early in the season
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #94: May 27, 2011 01:44:45 pm

Its his buyout clause mate.

He hasn't re-nogiated a deal to increase it as far as I'm aware.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #95: May 27, 2011 01:47:30 pm

Tbh I think it's Valencia financial problems, they'll in so much debt they need to sell. Ballbag on talksport said that they'd accept 22 million for Mata so it looks like they're right up the shi**er. Good time to offer 30 million for Benega and Mata ;D.

He did have problems with the manager earlier in the season so I imagine they'll be trying to offload him if there's still tension.

Ahh I see, I'm actually a big fan of Martinez too as I've displayed on these boards many of a time, that is a central midfield pairing you could build a Successfull Liverpool team around in Banega and Martinez.

Which funnily enough would be another Argentina and Spain partnership.  :o

That central midfield would be kwality as Rafa would say. Then get Mata, Suarez, Carroll and Gerrard pushed up and that would dominate European football. I'm getting to excited ;D

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #96: May 27, 2011 01:53:55 pm
      I want whoever want's to be a RED, and whoever Kenny wants !

Quick Reply