Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?

Read 10383 times
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Re: Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?
      Reply #69: May 26, 2011 07:50:14 am
      aquilani is our plan b merchant. We need him so bad when were having a bad day lacking creativity and tempo. That lad can come on and change the speed of the game in an instant. He should take all corners and freekicks aswell.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Re: Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?
      Reply #70: May 26, 2011 09:22:23 am
      We need a holding cm if anything.  Something in the mould of patrick vierra or masch, or momo sissoko. 

This will give our other cms more fredom on the field
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #71: May 26, 2011 09:33:28 am
      Charlie Adam without a doubt.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #72: May 26, 2011 07:00:02 pm
      Aquilani is far more better than Adam. He's well suited in Kenny's philosophy of the game. His range of passing is far greater than Adam.

Wait, did someone mentioned about how the former manager didn't think he was good enough? WTF he spent that money for him if he's not that good. He nearly owned Juve this season!

One thing remain, where does his heart belongs to now? One thing Aquilani, pack your bags and come home. We paid, we treated and we want you to play!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #73: May 27, 2011 12:04:21 pm
       Charlie Adam, not even close.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #74: May 27, 2011 12:31:40 pm
      Would still rather have Banega, but hey I'll take anyone over Poulson in our squad
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #75: May 27, 2011 12:33:05 pm
      Would still rather have Banega, but hey I'll take anyone over Poulson in our squad

The way I see things is we could end up with both yet which won't be a disaster.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #76: May 27, 2011 12:36:14 pm
      Aquilani is a class above Adam and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed agree about Banega Blood he is similar to Alonso
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #77: May 27, 2011 12:37:53 pm
      The way I see things is we could end up with both yet which won't be a disaster.
      Aquilani and Adam or Banega and one of the aforementioned.
      Don't get my hopes up...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #78: May 27, 2011 12:37:55 pm
      Aquilani is a class above Adam and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed agree about Banega Blood he is similar to Alonso

I know mate, I've been Banega's biggest champion, I think he's a class act and would be the perfect fit for LFC.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #79: May 27, 2011 12:40:06 pm
      Can't think of many better suited to the deep lying role
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #80: May 27, 2011 12:47:12 pm
      ever banega, one step behind xavi

Bit long but some good pass and move
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #81: May 27, 2011 01:07:34 pm
      The difference between Banega an Adam, Banega has the ability of going past a man, Adam doesn't so there is less point getting tight an closing down quick to Banega because he wll skip around you. Adam doesn't have that abilty and why he struggles when closed down quickly
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #82: May 27, 2011 01:09:37 pm
      Read a few media reports of Inter looking to sign Banega for 8Million. If that's the case I'd say forget Adam.
      Banega has more quality about him. Anything up to 12Million for Banega makes the price quoted for Adam ridiculous.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #83: May 27, 2011 01:14:56 pm
      Read a few media reports of Inter looking to sign Banega for 8Million. If that's the case I'd say forget Adam.
      Banega has more quality about him. Anything up to 12Million for Banega makes the price quoted for Adam ridiculous.

Banega for me is in the top 10 central midfielders in the world right now and that's the biggest accolade I can pay the lad, there is not many better as he is basically the complete central midfielder, he's mobile, has a good engine, can track back and tackle, has a great range of passing both long and short, his pass and move game is superb,  he can go past his man with ease, can play in tight pockets of space, has great vision, has a box of tricks in his locker and he's got quite a shot on him and gets one or two goals.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #84: May 27, 2011 01:21:57 pm
      25 yellows and 4 reds(might be wrong on the reds) in 100 games suggests he's not afraid to put his foot in alright.
      Think himself and Lucas in midfield could develop into a strong partnership. Presuming we don't sign any other midfielders that is.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #85: May 27, 2011 01:25:11 pm
      Benega is a quality player, no doubt. Maybe not in the top 10 midfielders in the world but there is defiantly quality there.

I would choose Aquliani out of the two simply because Aquliani is the better passer, he is fitter and he can see the picture before it happens, only the very best can do that.

Theres a lot of love for Benega here, which I can understand becuase he is a terrific player but I would have Javi Martinez over Ever Benega, he is a quality, built like a tank and has Xabi's range of passing. In 1 or 2 years he'll be a world class midfielder and is currently very very good. Definsive he's as good as anyone and his passing ability it up there with the best. Also physically built for the premier league. Put him in a quality team and he'll flurish. I do think Benega would be cheaper, imagine getting Mata and Benega in a deal with Valencia :jackoff:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #86: May 27, 2011 01:28:03 pm
      25 yellows and 4 reds(might be wrong on the reds) in 100 games suggests he's not afraid to put his foot in alright.
      Think himself and Lucas in midfield could develop into a strong partnership. Presuming we don't sign any other midfielders that is.

I think he'd work well in any combination of our central midfielders to be honest mate, he's a very intelligent player and is quite disciplined in terms of knowing when to hold his position or break forward.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #87: May 27, 2011 01:29:09 pm
      Mata and Banega from Valencia in Double Swoop

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #88: May 27, 2011 01:30:30 pm

I would choose Aquliani out of the two simply because Aquliani is the better passer, he is fitter and he can see the picture before it happens, only the very best can do that.

I wouldn't Banega is the more complete player out of them both to be honest and I'm an Aquilani fan.

And when I said Top 10 CM midfielders, I meant good old  fashioned CM's none of these fancy title like DM or Play maker as a complete good old fashioned CM Banega is right up there.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #89: May 27, 2011 01:32:52 pm
      I wouldn't Banega is the more complete player out of them both to be honest and I'm an Aquilani fan.

I can tell your a Benega fan ;D

He's a top player although I like Martinez more.

In that quote I wasn't comparing Banega to Aquliani, I was comparing Aquliani to Adam. I would have Benega over Aquliani.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #90: May 27, 2011 01:35:46 pm
      I can tell your a Benega fan ;D

He's a top player although I like Martinez more.

In that quote I wasn't comparing Benega to Aquliani, I was comparing Aquliani to Adam. I would have Benega over Aquliani.

Ahh I see, I'm actually a big fan of Martinez too as I've displayed on these boards many of a time, that is a central midfield pairing you could build a Successfull Liverpool team around in Banega and Martinez.

Which funnily enough would be another Argentina and Spain partnership.  :o
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #91: May 27, 2011 01:37:35 pm
      Martinez...
      Get him in too :D

What do you mean we're getting carried away now

Quick Reply