Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Lee Cattermole (Sunderland)

Read 14555 times
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 582 posts | 18 
      Lee Cattermole (Sunderland)
      May 27, 2011 05:46:05 pm
      http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8671_6954195,00.html

its stated that we are ready to offer 12 million for him
      « Last Edit: Jun 03, 2011 12:49:11 am by Reslivo »
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Lee Catermole
      Reply #1: May 27, 2011 05:50:31 pm

Ermmm it's sourced as the red top we don't speak of.

This will be locked and rightly so.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Lee Catermole
      Reply #2: May 27, 2011 05:52:22 pm
      After a decent season the season before last season. Last season was a right off for the lad and I dunno how he is valued at £12 million to be honest
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Lee Cattermole
      Reply #3: May 27, 2011 11:58:52 pm
      Highly over rated for me. No better then Spearing. Disipline a problem. 12 million would be laughable
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #4: May 28, 2011 12:02:05 am

Can someone please lock this sh*t ?
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #5: May 28, 2011 12:12:51 am
      what MR said
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #6: May 28, 2011 12:24:39 am

Have you actually read the article in the opening post ?

POOL AND ARSENAL IN FOR DOWNING

Hmm. Is he really deserving of such a fuss? Stewart Downing's admission that he won't be committing to a new contract at Aston Villa has made him the focus of attention for the gossipers and prompted renewed speculation that he could be joining either Liverpool or Arsenal.

We won't lie. We're doubtful.

Liverpool, with the need to serve Andy Carroll, we can understand. But Arsenal? Hmm.

Anyway, The Sun is now reckoning that Pool 'are set to make a £12million swoop' for the midfielder and 'Dalglish is also closing in on Sunderland midfielder Lee Cattermole.'

Wowsers, that's an unexpected one.

'Dalglish is also ready to offer £12m for Cattermole, 23, who is believed to have an escape clause in his Sunderland contract.

'The Anfield chief hopes to wrap up both deals by the end of next month - and is also close to signing France midfielder Sylvain Marveaux on a free from Rennes.'

In other news, 'David Ngog, 22, has been told he can find himself another club - although Liverpool will want £8m for him.'

Intriguing times.

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #7: May 28, 2011 12:26:04 am
      Hello.

Goodbye.

Locked.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #8: Jun 03, 2011 12:48:47 am
      Unlocked.
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Lee Cattermole (Sunderland)
      Reply #9: Jun 03, 2011 12:51:41 am
      Cheers Res ;D

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish set to swoop for Sunderland pair but Alberto Aquilani deal flounders

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8553576/Liverpool-manager-Kenny-Dalglish-set-to-swoop-for-Sunderland-pair-but-Alberto-Aquilani-deal-flounders.html

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is considering bidding for Sunderland’s £10 million-rated midfielder Lee Cattermole.

Dalglish is keen to bolster his midfield with young English talent and is an admirer of both Cattermole and his Sunderland team-mate Jordan Henderson, who is valued at £14 million. He has made informal inquiries about Cattermole, 23, and is set to follow them up with an official offer.

But Alberto Aquilani’s disappointing move to Liverpool is set to cost the Anfield club a further £4.4 million later this month – 10 months after his return to Italy on a season-long loan to Juventus.

The 26 year-old, who has started just 14 games in all competitions for Liverpool since his £17.6 million arrival on a five-year contract from Roma in Aug 2009, could be forced to return to Anfield next month after Juventus failed to take up an option to seal a permanent £14 million deal for the midfielder.

Liverpool must pay the final £4.4 million instalment of the £17.6 million transfer fee to Roma by June 30, even though Aquilani, whose last appearance came in the Europa League qualifier against FK Rabotnick last August, does not figure in Dalglish’s plans.

The financial drain caused by the balance of Aquilani’s transfer, combined by the substantial wages of out-of-favour players such as Joe Cole, Milan Jovanovic, Christian Poulsen, Emiliano Insua and Paul Konchesky, is unlikely to halt Dalglish’s pursuit of Cattermole and Henderson

But further moves into the transfer market are likely to depend on how much Dalglish can trim from the club’s £120 million wage bill and generate by offloading those players viewed as surplus to requirements.

The financial black-hole surrounding Aquilani’s future is the most pressing at Anfield, however. The player has admitted his desire to remain in Italy, but despite interest from Juventus, AC Milan and Inter, Liverpool’s £14 million valuation is likely to prove prohibitive, with Juventus only prepared to offer £6 million for the player.

Liverpool, who are due to pay Roma five per cent of any money generated by Aquilani’s sale, could be forced to sell at a substantial loss or choose to loan him again next season, which is an unlikely option due to the prospect of his value diminishing further in 12 months’ time.

Aquilani’s agent, Franco Zavaglia, remains hopeful, however, that a deal can be struck between Liverpool and Juventus.

Zavaglia said: “All season, Juventus have given me the necessary guarantees that they want to keep Alberto.

“The next 24 hours will be decisive. Any eventual economic agreements will follow after Juventus make their decision.

“If Juventus can’t do a deal for Alberto and he has to return to Liverpool, then Milan would certainly be a destination that he would accept.”
      PaintingTheTownRed
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #10: Jun 03, 2011 08:26:53 am
      I will be pretty gutted if we sign Cattermole. Average player, even worse person. Barred from all the pubs and clubs in our home town! Naughty man.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #11: Jun 03, 2011 08:51:05 am
      We have been linked with quiet a lot of mediocre English players in the last few days, I'm all for buying English but only if they are better than what is on the continent
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #12: Jun 03, 2011 11:20:09 am
      No Liverpool bid for Sunderland’s Cattermole

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/chris-young-column/no_liverpool_bid_for_sunderland_s_cattermole_1_3443673

By Chris Young
      Published on Friday 3 June 2011 11:00

SUNDERLAND today rubbished claims that Liverpool have made a big money bid to prise skipper Lee Cattermole away from the Stadium of Light.

Reports this morning suggested Liverpool had tabled a formal offer for the Sunderland midfielder, rumoured to be in the region of £10million.

But Sunderland have categorically denied they have received a bid and would notcontemplate selling one of their prize assets anyway.

Neither has there been an offer from Merseyside for Cattermole’s fellow midfielder Jordan Henderson, despite several reports in the national media suggesting the 20-year-old is on the verge of a move to Anfield.

Liverpool were linked with Cattermole last summer – a story which Bruce rubbished at the time – and the rumours have resurfaced again over the last fortnight.

That has been despite Cattermole missing three months of the season with a stress fracture of the back and then being sidelined for the final three games of the campaign when the problem resurfaced.

The 23-year-old will undergo a scan on his back next week and his focus remains on completing his first full pre-season with Sunderland rather than looking to leave Wearside.

Even though Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is on the lookout for several new recruits, signing a player like Cattermole in a big-money move would represent a major risk anyway with the former Middlesbrough man plagued by injuries over the last two years.

Sunderland will resist any attempts to weaken their squad, particularly with Steve Bruce’s options looking thin for the start of pre-season due to injuries and the departure of the club’s loan players.

The club accept there will inevitably be interest among the Premier League’s top six for Henderson, as there has been for the past 12 months.

But the Black Cats are not considering offloading the prize graduate of the club’s academy and it would take a massive bid for them to even contemplate selling.

Liverpool themselves have denied making an offer for Henderson and realise it would take more than the rumoured £13m to land the England international.

Sunderland would not consider selling for anything less than £20m and are not encouraging talk of selling Henderson either.

Bruce’s focus remains on recruitment, although the Sunderland boss may have suffered a setback in his pursuit of out-of-contract Blackpool midfielder David Vaughan.

West Brom have emerged as the favourites to sign the Welsh international, who has held talks with Sunderland and Rangers.

The 28-year-old is reportedly keen to stay close to his home in north Wales and a move to the Hawthorns holds obvious appeal.

But it would not represent a massive blow to Bruce, with Vaughan not among the Sunderland manager’s top three Bosman targets.
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 03, 2011 05:49:54 pm
      I think he is class. A real warrior.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #14: Jun 03, 2011 05:57:19 pm
      Your definition for class is obviously low then sqirg. Ya a real warrior, i'd call him a F***ing liabilty on a football field, he has no self control
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #15: Jun 03, 2011 06:04:59 pm
      If the lad could control himself, he's a good footballer. Has a clause at 13m but I wouldn't pay more than 8m after his poor season.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #16: Jun 03, 2011 06:06:48 pm
      Don't think he is light years ahead of Spearing to be honest, the last few days I've seen a lot of mediocre English midfielders linked to us. On a side note prefer Aquilani to all them mentioned including this lad
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #17: Jun 03, 2011 06:19:16 pm
      Not sure he's too far ahead of Spearo either, but Cattermole certainly has more upside to him. Like I said 8m? Maybe. 13m to meet his clause? No thanks.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #18: Jun 03, 2011 06:22:12 pm
      No thanks for me I expect Spearing to be back up from Gerrard next season and don't want to see the club waste £8 million on a lad that ain't much better than our back up
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #19: Jun 03, 2011 08:26:59 pm
      Wouldn't be very overwhelmed if we signed him tbh, there's definitely better out there that we can go for.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #20: Jun 03, 2011 08:33:28 pm
      Takes all sorts to make a title winning side, I mean wouldnt be happy if we were in for Park, Carrick or Fletcher but in the right side they are very effective. Will trust the club on this one If true.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #21: Jun 03, 2011 10:18:44 pm
      Many people are going to disagree with me on this one, but I would prefer Henderson to Cattermole anyday of the week. Henderson is much younger and has a huge amount of potential, no matter what the fee. He can play as a true central midfielder or out on the right side and that is something that I think we have been lacking. I would be one of a small minority who would be happy if we got Henderson for 10-15m.

Cattermole is not that young, reached his ability or there abouts and sees red a fair bit. He's more of a defensive midfielder and with Lucas I would see him having a hard task dislodging him. Would be a waste.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #22: Jun 03, 2011 11:09:39 pm
      Many people are going to disagree with me on this one, but I would prefer Henderson to Cattermole anyday of the week.

I don't know what you're basing that on, I think most people would rather have Henderson than Cattermole.

Quick Reply