Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

The Transfer Rumours/Gossip Thread

Read 832197 times
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Re: The Transfer Rumours/Gossip Thread
      Reply #1955: Jul 06, 2011 07:19:25 pm
      Tony Evans of The Times expects Downing deal to be completed by tomorrow or Friday.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #1956: Jul 06, 2011 07:20:58 pm
      But....wait....I thought we had virtually no money until we moved dead weight?  :roll:

(That is also not aimed at your post Kenny, just thought it was funny everyone freaked out last week because of what people were "saying")
      « Last Edit: Jul 06, 2011 07:42:14 pm by Baustinsali08 »
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #1957: Jul 06, 2011 07:22:47 pm
      Really - you dont think so? In that case who is good enough... And IMO Lucas is a great player - he has taken stick for years and improved each season. Are you suggesting that we need to buy a new DMF? Why the negative on Lucas?

On topic apparently Us and the Arse have lodged a bit for Mata...

I don't even see a player in world football I'd be happy to play on his own as the lone defesive player.

Busquets is one of the better players but again it's more down to the way Barca play and his brilliant vision and touch. He has a picture in his head of everything that goes on so he always seems to be in the right place and at times as it says in my sig half a touch is all he needs to keep play moving.

As I say though, defensively there is not one single player who I'd pick out as good enough to do what Makelele was able to do which was to play on his own without any other defensive players of a high standard in front of him. That guy was a freak both physically and mentally, one of a kind in what he was able to do.

It's no knock on Lucas who I believe is amoung the best in the world at what he does and I've been fighting his corner for a long long time.

I don't believe we desperately need to buy a new DMF as I was quite happy with the seemingly forgotten job that Spearing and Lucas did towards the end of the season and believe they could continue to do so. I would however like us if possible when a left back and left winger/left attacking midfielder are sorted like to look to a destroyer like Matuidi who would be a step up/competition for Spearing.
      « Last Edit: Jul 06, 2011 07:36:34 pm by The Last King of Scotland »
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #1958: Jul 06, 2011 07:36:07 pm
      I think you are stuck in the negative Roy and Rafa era where we used two defensive midfielders.

IMO, attack is the best defence.

Oh I don't mind us not playing two defensive midfielders as long as Gerrard is one of the players who is in the two.

I don't trust Adam in a 2 man central midfield, nor Aquilani, nor Meireles.

I do however trust Spearing but would like an upgrade on him quality wise. Someone like Matuidi or M'Vila perhaps.

As good as Banega is I'm not sure if he'd be the right man next to Lucas who for me would be the second name on the team sheet right behind PEPE REINA.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1959: Jul 06, 2011 08:08:19 pm
      Lucas who for me would be the second name on the team sheet right behind PEPE REINA.
      I think playing Lucas right behind Pepe might be a little too defensive  :f_tongueincheek:
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #1960: Jul 06, 2011 08:11:16 pm
      I think playing Lucas right behind Pepe might be a little too defensive  :f_tongueincheek:
      oh dear.that was lowwwwwwwwwwwww :lmao:
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #1961: Jul 06, 2011 08:13:24 pm
      I still think we need 2 wingers, a striker, and a defender.
      Rimli
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #1962: Jul 06, 2011 08:35:22 pm
      Doni is next it seems,with Gulacsi going on loan with an option to buy somewhere (kept reading this on TT's rumour room and twitter)
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #1963: Jul 06, 2011 09:05:35 pm
      Doni is next it seems,with Gulacsi going on loan with an option to buy somewhere (kept reading this on TT's rumour room and twitter)

hull it seems.. not sure about the option to buy though
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #1964: Jul 06, 2011 09:10:49 pm
      i wonder how many will leave this squad now though before the window shuts..

Merieles/aquilani
      Konchesky
      cole
      kyrgiakos
      ngog
      poulsen
      degan
      el zhar
      darby

plus loans for

shelvey
      pacheco
      wilson
      ince
      gulacsi
      ayala
      eccleston

i still think we need two winger, hopefully mata/downing plus a cb
      achilleas10
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      • Born Red, Live Red, Die Red
      Reply #1965: Jul 06, 2011 10:05:44 pm

:lmao: hahahahahaah, nice!!!
      I wonder how many will leave this squad now though before the window shuts..

Merieles/aquilani
      Konchesky
      cole
      kyrgiakos
      ngog
      poulsen
      degan
      el zhar
      darby

plus loans for

shelvey
      pacheco
      wilson
      ince
      gulacsi
      ayala
      eccleston

I still think we need two winger, hopefully mata/downing plus a cb

I think we need a LB too, unless we keep the bald one...
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #1966: Jul 06, 2011 10:15:51 pm

Don't be so silly. That will never happen. His value is ''FREE''+whatever we have to give to get rid.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #1967: Jul 06, 2011 10:46:12 pm

do we need one? we have aurelio, robinson, insua back from loan and johnson who can play there.. would the money be better spent on a couple of wide men
      Don't be so silly. That will never happen. His value is ''FREE''+whatever we have to give to get rid.

id honestly take a mitre and a couple of used bibs
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #1968: Jul 06, 2011 11:09:01 pm
      Of course we need one, Aurelio is good for about 5-10 games a season, Insua isn't up to scratch and Robinson is young but has potential so can be a good back up for now, Konchesky is useless.

Konchesky and Insua should go. We need a first choice LB, with Robinson and Aurelio there to support, Aurelio could be utilised anywhere along the left hand side.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #1969: Jul 06, 2011 11:15:15 pm
      Of course we need one, Aurelio is good for about 5-10 games a season, Insua isn't up to scratch and Robinson is young but has potential so can be a good back up for now, Konchesky is useless.

Konchesky and Insua should go. We need a first choice LB, with Robinson and Aurelio there to support, Aurelio could be utilised anywhere along the left hand side.

konchesky needs to go agreed, aurelio played 21 games last season all comps(no europe this season) and is quality when fit, even though made of glass.. robinson has the ability to be a fantastic lb and i dont want to see his development stopped by not geting games.. insua, last chance saloon? will we get a bid for him? he only played a dozen or so games for galatasaray last season for various reasons..

would the money not be spent else where and go with these plus johnson who can play lb?
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #1970: Jul 06, 2011 11:20:07 pm
      We've needed a good solid LB since Riise left, Insua was a flop although he was played a lot - but that was because we were desperate. Aurelio is the best LB in the Prem when he is fit, but he is too injury prone and unreliable. Robinson definitely isn't ready yet but he has a promising future, and even though Johnson done well on the left, I believe he will start on the right (in some form).

We badly need a left back more than any other position at the moment if we want any hope of getting back to where we belong as I think that was possibly the main reason we started the season so badly. Whether it will be Enrique or not remains to be seen but we certainly cannot go another season without a left back ... surely?
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #1971: Jul 06, 2011 11:22:47 pm
      We've needed a good solid LB since Riise left, Insua was a flop although he was played a lot - but that was because we were desperate. Aurelio is the best LB in the Prem when he is fit, but he is too injury prone and unreliable. Robinson definitely isn't ready yet but he has a promising future, and even though Johnson done well on the left, I believe he will start on the right (in some form).

We badly need a left back more than any other position at the moment if we want any hope of getting back to where we belong as I think that was possibly the main reason we started the season so badly. Whether it will be Enrique or not remains to be seen but we certainly cannot go another season without a left back ... surely?

thats not something i would disagree with .. but all im saying is we have 3 here currently.. ship out insua and aurelio? sign another with robinson as back up? no point paying wages for 4 left backs is there?
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #1972: Jul 06, 2011 11:25:16 pm
      thats not something I would disagree with .. but all im saying is we have 3 here currently.. ship out insua and aurelio? sign another with robinson as back up? no point paying wages for 4 left backs is there?

I think Aurelio and Insua will go, and yeah, we'll bring in a class left back with Robinson as a back up.

Aurelio has had chance after chance, and I think he is superb but it's time he moved to a different club.
      Insua isn't good enough for Liverpool, simple as, although he shown glimpses of talent. Too slow also.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1973: Jul 06, 2011 11:26:00 pm
      But....wait....I thought we had virtually no money until we moved dead weight?  :roll:

But the Adam deal could be the best of both worlds. A player Kenny wants in, and 2 players he doesn't out ;)
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1974: Jul 06, 2011 11:53:38 pm
      I always forget about Aurelio. Then again, he hardly gives you a chance to remember him :D

I actually think we would be remotely OK with our current LB options. I'd prefer a week in, week out top quality left back, but if we use that money elsewhere, I won't complain. Ok, maybe a bit, but I'll do it passively aggressively and use a cunning series of subtle word choices to do so.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1975: Jul 07, 2011 12:00:40 am
      Fiorentina interested in Aquilani.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #1976: Jul 07, 2011 12:09:10 am
      Fiorentina interested in Aquilani.
      all the F***ing Italian teams are its just no one wants to cough up any money. personally i like him and thinks his worth keeping if we dont get a good bid. for whats its worth i rate him higher then merilese (sp)
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #1977: Jul 07, 2011 12:22:14 am
      I think Aurelio and Insua will go, and yeah, we'll bring in a class left back with Robinson as a back up.

Aurelio has had chance after chance, and I think he is superb but it's time he moved to a different club.
      Insua isn't good enough for Liverpool, simple as, although he shown glimpses of talent. Too slow also.
      Insua is a talent that can be nurtered under Kenny.

Quick Reply