Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 748774 times
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #2760: Sep 16, 2014 02:45:52 pm
      Congrats Hendo !
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2761: Sep 16, 2014 05:13:23 pm
      What a F***ing turnaround.
      Congrats kid.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2762: Sep 16, 2014 07:35:56 pm
      This was a player who was written off by nearly everybody and was failing to live up to his price tag. A testament to working hard and not letting the pressure get to you. Go on lad.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2763: Sep 16, 2014 09:55:37 pm
      Thought he was brilliant tonight, really did push Moreno close for MotM.

fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #2764: Sep 16, 2014 10:05:43 pm
      Yep good performance from our new VC, was our strongest attacker today
      Opravdu
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #2765: Sep 16, 2014 10:16:25 pm
      I love Hendo, always did, this kid never gives up! He's got the LFC spirit, legend in the making. Big congrats to him to for VC, a wise choice, showing to the young lad that work hard and you shall be rewarded.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2766: Sep 21, 2014 03:01:02 am
      I think if I could change one player in the team right now who would make the make the biggest difference, the number one choice would be Jordan Henderson. In possession he stifles us with his negativity, and defensively he offers little. I think so far this season he's largely been terrible.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #2767: Sep 21, 2014 03:39:27 am
      I think if I could change one player in the team right now who would make the make the biggest difference, the number one choice would be Jordan Henderson. In possession he stifles us with his negativity, and defensively he offers little. I think so far this season he's largely been terrible.

Bloody hell Mick.... first you killed Lucas, now you are murdering Henderson :)

Sadly I agree that so far this season he hasn't been at his best and when his confidence is not high he does tend to play very negatively. I don't think it has helped him that he has been pushed out wider again this season, for me he always looks more comfortable in a more central role. 
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2768: Sep 21, 2014 10:12:07 am

to be fair he's been pretty poor this season.

Not Lucas bad---that would take some doing.

But definitely no where near as good as he was the latter half of last season.  he's playing like he did the first two seasons unfortunately.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2769: Sep 21, 2014 11:11:40 am
      Feel he is being treated harshly due to the immunity some fans give Gerrard. As most times he has to drop deep to try let Gerrard get forward which is pointless to me.

But he needs to stop holding back, his best games are when he gets on with it, no second thoughts presses high and gets the ball forward with the intent for himself to get behind the defence. Why have we not seen more of that?

He should take his promotion as a sign of strength in his game, and move on. For me his performances in midfield are the most important because he can prevent us from being over run in midfield with his energy and persistence when others can't.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2770: Sep 21, 2014 11:26:45 am

Sadly I agree that so far this season he hasn't been at his best and when his confidence is not high he does tend to play very negatively. I don't think it has helped him that he has been pushed out wider again this season, for me he always looks more comfortable in a more central role. 

I really think we are almost in a Lucas situation with Henderson mate. I said at the time of the Lucas debate "is he holding us back?" as I was sure he was. Now I'm equally certain that Jordan's lack of form or confidence is doing the same. I would urge anyone who thinks I'm picking on him unduly to re-watch any of our recent games and focus on his individual efforts. He avoids taking responsibility like the plague when passing, and even his negative prods are always to the receivers ultra safe side (usually slightly behind them rather than into their stride) causing at least one extra touch to be taken and a reduction in tempo.

At the start of the season I along with others predicted he would develop into an Aaron Ramseyesque goal scoring midfielder (and he still may very well do) but in order to do so he has to get ahead of the ball, take responsibility and get into the box. Equally, in defence in situations such as the first goal yesterday he must take more responsibility and didn't.

We probably have little choice but to continue playing him as we don't really have anyone else due to injuries. The same could be said for Gerrard in that respect, at least though the captain has the excuse of the fact that other teams are actually and actively taking measures to restrict him. Such is Hendersons lack of contribution the fact is they can afford to do that and largely ignore him, simply because he isn't going to hurt them at all.

Imagine though if Henderson in his current form was replaced with an alternative player, and imagine what a difference it would make. It wouldn't need to be a world beater, we're not talking a David Silva, a Luka Modric or a Cesc Fabregas here. Imagine even a Schneiderlyn, a Santi Corzolla or a Christian Errikson and our team play would be way elevated from where it is today.

There are many problems with us at the moment, but I am absolutely convinced the lack of form of Henderson is chief amongst them.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2771: Sep 21, 2014 11:34:07 am
      Jordan seems to be struggling this season and his fitness levels don't seem as good, still better than most but not last seasons standard.

Maybe he's just tired, as let's face it, he's never had such a hectic season as last one, then had a WC to go to and now playing twice a week so far in his career.  I know we joke about him being a machine but he is a human being and as such, he's suffering.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2772: Sep 21, 2014 11:36:29 am
      Don't think it's the width that has caused him to look poor, I feel he has been far too deep.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2773: Sep 21, 2014 11:37:48 am
      Don't think it's the width that has caused him to look poor, I feel he has been far too deep.

Agreed, not had the freedom to push on and get in behind the defence and that's due to our defensive frailties.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #2774: Sep 21, 2014 12:51:24 pm
      Some real knee jerk nonsense posted in here. Yes Jordan had been poor recently by his standards but he was still better than Gerrard and Lucas were in the last two league games. The lad is being held back trying to cover the ground in midfield that Stevie and Lucas can't which is stifling his creativity. If Allen and Can were in midfield he would have much more license to roam forward and create chances. As soon as Can and Allen are fit again I hope BR tries a Can, Allen, Hendo midfield for a few games.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2775: Sep 21, 2014 01:57:56 pm
      Some real knee jerk nonsense posted in here. Yes Jordan had been poor recently by his standards but he was still better than Gerrard and Lucas were in the last two league games. The lad is being held back trying to cover the ground in midfield that Stevie and Lucas can't which is stifling his creativity. If Allen and Can were in midfield he would have much more license to roam forward and create chances. As soon as Can and Allen are fit again I hope BR tries a Can, Allen, Hendo midfield for a few games.

People have short memories that's why. The same people slating him like he's cost us the league were singing his praises not long ago and will do again when we start playing better.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2776: Sep 21, 2014 02:13:10 pm
      What do people want from him he is supposed to get foward to provide thrust from midfield and then drop back to act as legs for Stevie, but when Stevie is getting over run constantly it's no great surprise Hendo seems like he is not doing much. Not helped yesterday by having 2 virtual geriatrics in the middle of the pitch.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2777: Sep 21, 2014 03:03:44 pm
      Jordan seems to be struggling this season and his fitness levels don't seem as good, still better than most but not last seasons standard.

Maybe he's just tired, as let's face it, he's never had such a hectic season as last one, then had a WC to go to and now playing twice a week so far in his career.  I know we joke about him being a machine but he is a human being and as such, he's suffering.

The WC has had a big effect on all our players who went imo
      The squad at the moment has 2 levels of fitness.
      Players who didn't go to the world cup, and players who did.
      Those who did are behind in terms of match fitness, and will take a bit of time to catch up.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2778: Sep 21, 2014 05:02:26 pm
      The lad doesn't even get tugged. He plays virtually every single minute of every game.

Got to love a bit of a mini crisis for all of the scape goats that we see.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #2779: Sep 21, 2014 11:41:03 pm
      I hate Henderson.
      I think last year he was the main man for setting off us to go and press but he's not doing that this year and that's his biggest attribute... without his energy he's a very boring player. Doesn't score doesn't grab the game by the scruff like a young Gerrard could and quite frankly I can't wait until Emre Can is back to bring a replacement for Gerrard so Henderson can focus on his game and not worry about covering the geriatric.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2780: Sep 22, 2014 12:52:00 am
      I hate Henderson.
      I think last year he was the main man for setting off us to go and press but he's not doing that this year and that's his biggest attribute... without his energy he's a very boring player. Doesn't score doesn't grab the game by the scruff like a young Gerrard could and quite frankly I can't wait until Emre Can is back to bring a replacement for Gerrard so Henderson can focus on his game and not worry about covering the geriatric.

You "hate" Henderson? Jesus wept!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2781: Sep 22, 2014 08:15:13 am
      You "hate" Henderson? Jesus wept!!

I hate Henderson.

Jesus wept again he/she called our Captain a geriatric!

Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #2782: Sep 22, 2014 08:27:36 am
      Jesus wept again he/she called our Captain a geriatric!

Henderson is the slowest thinking and least attack minded box to box midfielder I've seen in a long time this season.

Don't have time for romance with Gerrard after he is a huge factor in our defence getting ripped apart. I agree they don't help themselves but it's hard with a slow tugboat of a man plodding around in front of you.

Quick Reply