Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 741017 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,639 posts | 3866 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq)
      Reply #8303: Jan 17, 2024 04:24:43 pm
      I wouldn't say that. He's a young manager.

Him and lampard are the outfield equivalent of a 22/23 year old in terms of management, they are still learning. Football Management seems to be the only career you're expected to be good at from the start. No space to learn, grow or get experience. Very strange.

If this was happening at age 54/55 then i would say probably agree. But I think he still has time.

It's also the only place where they can walk into a top job with no prior experience so swings and roundabouts on that front.
      Gerrard would probably have been better staying at Rangers for a few years longer but it must be hard to turn down a PL offer.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #8304: Jan 17, 2024 04:26:34 pm
      Jordan served the club well in his time here, as club captain, but decided to move on, fair enough. But the grass is not always greener on the other side, so the saying goes.

Anyhow good luck to him on his next venture.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #8305: Jan 17, 2024 04:27:05 pm
      I wouldn't say that. He's a young manager.

Him and lampard are the outfield equivalent of a 22/23 year old in terms of management, they are still learning. Football Management seems to be the only career you're expected to be good at from the start. No space to learn, grow or get experience. Very strange.

If this was happening at age 54/55 then i would say probably agree. But I think he still has time.

I can confidently say now Gerrard will never make a top level football manager.

Back to Hendo and did he sign for Ajax then or is it still rumours?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,922 posts | 439 
      Reply #8306: Jan 17, 2024 04:30:44 pm
      Glad to see him back in a footballing country.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,621 posts | 1115 
      Reply #8307: Jan 17, 2024 04:32:26 pm
      The people mad at him just believe the media headlines and have a personal agenda against him because he "Went woke". They don't care about gay people either. But they'll pretend to be offended for them, to prove a point.

Pretending to be offended for gay people. That's quite a sad statement when you've not got a f*cking clue. Myself ... i have 2 close family members who are gay ... one of which is in a hospice with weeks to live.

I've no personal agenda against Henderson. But he's a hypocrite ... end of. He dumped us and got off in the blink of an eye because he wasn't going to start every match. Then he dumped all the organisations he's supposed to represent and care about for dirty Saudi money. Then he put a sob story out that was embarrassing saying he didn't feel wanted making excuse after excuse. He made his bed.

None of that changes what he did in his career here. I'll always appreciate what he did here. But he tarnished it by the way he left and the rubbish he put out afterwards.

But don't be throwing fuc*ing sh*t about to 'prove your little point' because people don't agree with you and try and make out that fans would use the LGBT community as a tool to attack Henderson because that's not something I'd ever do.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8308: Jan 17, 2024 04:46:10 pm
      Five years ago mate they were 90 minutes away from meeting us in a Champions League final. They really should have met us in Madrid that year.

Like I said earlier, they're not as successful as they have been previously. I know this season has been a disaster for them and they've struggled a lot since Ten Hag left. But I stick with that I said, they'll still be a pull for players - especially those in Henderson's situtation.

Ha, I forgot about that mate, but then I’ve got the attention span of a goldfish so remembering that was never gonna happen,
      You are correct of course, they are still a pull for players, and correct me if I’m wrong their academy is still one of the very best??

YNWA
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #8309: Jan 17, 2024 05:41:50 pm
      and correct me if I’m wrong their academy is still one of the very best??

YNWA

That I wouldn't know mate. I would imagine so but I couldn't swear to it.
      Harrisimo

• 8,367 posts | 1416 
      Reply #8310: Jan 17, 2024 05:58:20 pm
      Looks like Hendo could sign for Ajax..he could clean up there for sure. We were never in the market for him. No clue why he wanted out of Al Ettifag.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #8311: Jan 17, 2024 06:03:43 pm
      Pretending to be offended for gay people. That's quite a sad statement when you've not got a f*cking clue. Myself ... i have 2 close family members who are gay ... one of which is in a hospice with weeks to live.

I've no personal agenda against Henderson. But he's a hypocrite ... end of. He dumped us and got off in the blink of an eye because he wasn't going to start every match. Then he dumped all the organisations he's supposed to represent and care about for dirty Saudi money. Then he put a sob story out that was embarrassing saying he didn't feel wanted making excuse after excuse. He made his bed.

None of that changes what he did in his career here. I'll always appreciate what he did here. But he tarnished it by the way he left and the rubbish he put out afterwards.

But don't be throwing fuc*ing sh*t about to 'prove your little point' because people don't agree with you and try and make out that fans would use the LGBT community as a tool to attack Henderson because that's not something I'd ever do.

If you think the reason why a 34 year old work horse defensive midfielder going to Saudi Arabia who was falsely reported to be getting 700k a week, is garnering the same, if not more column inches and headlines as Man City breaking FFP rules, is because of his 'Hypocrisy' and genuine public interest...... and nothing else. Then i have a bridge to sell you.

Also Every. Single. fan wanted this man gone, and as far away from our midfield as possible after the debacle that was last season. Now you're going to sit here and say "He dumped us and got off in the blink of an eye because he wasn't going to start every match." Seriously are you joking here?
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2024 09:37:36 pm by PastorGeek »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #8312: Jan 17, 2024 06:55:50 pm
      Looks like Hendo could sign for Ajax..he could clean up there for sure. We were never in the market for him. No clue why he wanted out of Al Ettifag.

Probably connected to Ajax through his agent. No chance of us being in the market for Hendo, obviously passed his best.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,281 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #8313: Jan 17, 2024 08:27:43 pm
      So much for the Saudi league eh soon got fed up with the petrol dollars eh, not coming back to the Premiership, scared of the big tax bill
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,237 posts | 1225 
      Reply #8314: Jan 17, 2024 11:06:03 pm
      I think it's a decent move for him. At this stage in his career when he isn't up to being a regular in one of Europe's elite, he still gets the chance to play for a club with an illustrious history in a league where he is likely to find more success. Amsterdam also has lots of places he can unwind if things don't work out.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #8315: Jan 18, 2024 12:10:09 am
      Good luck captain.  You will never walk alone!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,217 posts | 1106 
      Reply #8316: Jan 18, 2024 04:09:09 am
      Will always be a fan of Hendo. People make mistakes, things happen. But he had a lot of people telling him the grass isn't always greener and to think about more than just money. I'm not saying he was right or wrong to do what he did, I'm not him and it's hard for me to judge a decision a man makes for his family (we were talking generational wealth when he signed the deal, though maybe it wasn't as much as we thought? I dunno).

With that being said, when you F**k up, you gotta eat it. He deserves all the love he earned when he was here, but he also deserves all the disdain these decisions have got him. Grown man sh*t
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #8317: Jan 18, 2024 06:52:59 am
      Good move, sometimes it’s better just to swallow your pride and move on.

Ajax, great history and great philosophy.

Enjoy Hendo!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #8318: Jan 18, 2024 06:54:03 am
      So much for the Saudi league eh soon got fed up with the petrol dollars eh, not coming back to the Premiership, scared of the big tax bill

Retirement league mate - load of nonsense. Glad it’s being found out for what it is.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,459 posts | 2852 
      Reply #8319: Jan 18, 2024 08:25:27 am
      The day he decided he didn’t want to stay and fight for his place and pass on his experience to this next Liverpool team was the day I was done with him.

Couldn’t care less what he does now.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,587 posts | 1810 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8320: Jan 18, 2024 09:14:07 am
      The one thing I will say is he has paid of his own contract so he can move, so not sure he will have actually made the fortune everyone thinks. ?
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #8321: Jan 18, 2024 10:03:51 am
      The one thing I will say is he has paid of his own contract so he can move, so not sure he will have actually made the fortune everyone thinks. ?

We don’t know about what fortune he has made, but he ain’t stupid and paying off his own contract has to be viable in terms of cost versus benefit. So let’s just say he would be somewhat better off at the very least in this case.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8322: Jan 18, 2024 10:21:35 am
      Good luck captain.  You will never walk alone!

He’s walking alone with some of you lot. 😂

Two and a half year deal is great for him given his age.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,639 posts | 3866 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8323: Jan 18, 2024 10:33:49 am
      He’s walking alone with some of you lot. 😂

Two and a half year deal is great for him given his age.

Him leaving helped Klopp with the 2.0 build.
      No way the wholesale changes roll out without Fabinho and Henderson leaving in the summer.
      So for Liverpool it worked out well.

2.5 year deal at Ajax seems like a nice bounce back for Henderson.
      Title challenge and CL football guaranteed.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,587 posts | 1810 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8324: Jan 18, 2024 10:34:46 am
      We don’t know about what fortune he has made, but he ain’t stupid and paying off his own contract has to be viable in terms of cost versus benefit. So let’s just say he would be somewhat better off at the very least in this case.

tbh. reading all the various stories, it sounds like he cant cope with the heat when playing\training, and family haven't settled.

So the money is irrelevant, family comes first.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8325: Jan 18, 2024 10:37:16 am
      Him leaving helped Klopp with the 2.0 build.
      No way the wholesale changes roll out without Fabinho and Henderson leaving in the summer.
      So for Liverpool it worked out well.

2.5 year deal at Ajax seems like a nice bounce back for Henderson.
      Title challenge and CL football guaranteed.

Not forgetting he probably stays in the England squad now.

Quick Reply