Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

E-petition: Give Kevin Williams his inquest, Hillsborough JFT96 do your bit

Read 23640 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Re: E-petition: Give Kevin Williams his inquest, Hillsborough JFT96 do your bit
      Reply #253: Jan 19, 2012 03:50:42 pm
      I might come across as a tw*t some times mate, but any one who knows me personally would tell you exactly the same as the bit in bold. ;)

Oh, you are definitely still a tw*t, but yes - I echo Kenny's comments and you've done some excellent work - as have plenty of other reds, famous or not, websites and forums, and it seemed that fans even forced the club to get onboard on the official site (hard when they do have to be wary over 'political' statements).  Brilliant stuff all around.  Very proud of you redmen and women.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #254: Jan 19, 2012 03:57:05 pm
      Oh, you are definitely still a tw*t.

Made me chuckle and thanks. :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,625 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #255: Jan 19, 2012 03:57:51 pm
      Oh, you are definitely still a tw*t, but yes - I echo Kenny's comments and you've done some excellent work - as have plenty of other reds, famous or not, websites and forums, and it seemed that fans even forced the club to get onboard on the official site (hard when they do have to be wary over 'political' statements).  Brilliant stuff all around.  Very proud of you redmen and women.

He's a likable tw*t though.
      Unlike those other ones that you just ban eventually. :D
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #256: Jan 19, 2012 04:03:49 pm
      So pleased that the petition has reached its target
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,363 posts | 1638 
      Reply #257: Jan 19, 2012 04:15:10 pm
      A big well done to all who got involved but especially Daz and AW1  at 12000 it was looking like it wasn,t going to be, but the constant plugging away of these two has helped enormously to get the total up  cracking effort.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #258: Jan 19, 2012 04:19:40 pm
      BBC NEWS

Hillsborough Petition Hits Target

A petition demanding a new inquest into a boys death at Hillsborough has got over 100,000 signatures-
                     meaning the issue could now be debated in Parliament.
                     Anne Williams contests the accidental death verdict at her son Kevin's original inquest, He was amongst
                     the 96 who died at or after the 1989 disaster.
                     She said she would not "pick up his death certificate until we get the cause of death put right".
                     Her campaign has been supported by Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16633359

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #259: Jan 19, 2012 04:21:58 pm
      111520 & still rising keep signing this http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19149 confirm your email & RT dont leave it to chance duplicates will be deleted

The more the merrier and all that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,369 posts | 8621 
      Reply #260: Jan 19, 2012 04:26:11 pm
      Anne Williams: Thank you all

Anne Williams has today taken a major step in her battle to get justice for her son Kevin after over 100,000 people signed an e-petition.

Kevin was just 15 years old when he died at Hillsborough and his mother launched the online e-petition as part of an appeal into overturning the accidental death verdict placed on him.

Today's developments mean that a government debate could now take place, looking at the possibility of a new inquest into Kevin's death.

Mrs Williams thanked everyone who had shown their support.

"Thank you everyone, honestly, from the bottom of my heart for signing and supporting me," she said.

"It's been 23 years of living with lies and I cannot go away until I get justice for Kevin."

Two days ago 35,000 names were on the petition. Then, in a remarkable forty eight hours, that amount trebled to take the count up to the required figure of over 100,000 signatures.

Anne said: "I just can't believe it. The way it was going down last night and then came the support.

"It's the last day today and I wasn't sure when they were going to stop the petition, whether it was twelve o'clock this morning or twelve o'clock tonight because it doesn't say - it's been nerve-wracking.

"We got there. I just cannot believe it."

Mrs Williams has always said that Kevin was still alive at 4pm and did not die from traumatic asphyxia. Original inquests into the disaster ruled all the victims were dead by 3.15pm.

"I have been lied to from the outset and I cannot live with these lies," she added. "If he got a new inquest it would change the cause of death and it's in the interest of justice that he does because I cannot live anymore with the lies.

"Also, this will help all the other 95 families as well. Kevin died at 4 o'clock and he was save-able."

For the discussion to go ahead Anne will also need the support of MPs and today she confirmed she will get in touch with her local MP, Stephen Moseley.

Anne added: "Hopefully now this e-petition will help me with my submission to the Attorney General.

"I want the Attorney General to look at the evidence again and send Kevin's case back to the divisional court recommending a new inquest into the death of my son."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/anne-williams-thank-you-all
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #261: Jan 19, 2012 04:35:03 pm
      Congratulations Anne and I sincerley you hope you get your Justice and it leads to the other 94 families getting theirs too.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #262: Jan 19, 2012 04:51:24 pm
      Agree, I hope all the families get the truth they deserve.

Taking part was the best thing I've ever done or will do.

Tweeted this earlier "We fall together, We rise together, We are LFC"

JFT96 YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #263: Jan 19, 2012 05:01:30 pm
      After 23 years justice beckons.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #264: Jan 19, 2012 05:02:27 pm
      Get in there - special praise to Daz and Alan and big respect to every Red who played their part; big and small.

Well in lads n ladies. YNWA.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #265: Jan 19, 2012 05:03:01 pm
      Brilliant effort so proud to be a red
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #266: Jan 19, 2012 05:03:05 pm
      Its still live up to 112412 sigs at the moment.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #267: Jan 19, 2012 05:04:30 pm
      So proud of everybody.well done even the like of Caroline Wozniacki and Emmanuel Frimpong helped..well done all
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #268: Jan 19, 2012 05:10:12 pm
      Well in Daz, after this you need a twitter intervention.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #269: Jan 19, 2012 05:14:31 pm
      Well in Daz, after this you need a twitter intervention.

Once this is closed I'm exiling myself from twitter.

Caused me one or two problems at home this, so I've got some making up to do.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #270: Jan 19, 2012 05:27:06 pm
      The E-Petition is now Closed, guess this can be locked up now & we can all watch with intrest at the developments.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #271: Jan 19, 2012 05:50:53 pm
      Fingers crossed, but.

A petition demanding a new inquest into a boy's death at Hillsborough has got 100,000 signatures - meaning the issue could now be debated in Parliament.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16633359

I don't like the word COULD

Plus "the issue", WTF  :mad:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #272: Jan 19, 2012 05:54:34 pm

Steve Rotheram will get this into Parliament, he's been advocating it and pushing it on twitter too & Anne will be meeting with him soon.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #273: Jan 19, 2012 06:08:42 pm
      Latest news.

Steve Rotheram has spoken with Bill Esterson MP and he has agreed to lead on this one as Anne is one of his constituents.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #274: Jan 19, 2012 06:13:28 pm
      I knew Steve would, you could see by his tweets, he wanted this, he wanted to get it into Parliament and massive respect to him for it.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #275: Jan 19, 2012 08:24:34 pm
      Only just seen this has reached the target, have to be honest, when I saw it needing about 18 000 more sigs before I left for work this morning I was sceptical, but it just shows that when we need to we can all come together. Top work from everyone who signed, retweeted and spread the petition any other way.

It seems that recently we are getting a lot closer to reaching justice at long last, and this is another step on the way to that.

Quick Reply