Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 30th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W2 D1 L1

Liverpool 0-0 Stoke City: In-Game & Post Match Uninspiration

Read 58277 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Stoke City: In-Game & Post Match Uninspiration
      Reply #759: Jan 14, 2012 10:16:29 pm
      Interesting reading:

Istanbul
      Gerrard
      Alonso
      Garcia
      Hamman
      Baros

Stoke
      Gerrard
      Adam
      Downing
      Henderson
      Kuyt or Carroll

That list makes Houllier look like a very good manager. Particularly when you consider Alonso hardly played along the way.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #760: Jan 14, 2012 10:17:04 pm
      Ugh, did I really just read the dreaded "Am I/Was I right/I called it" statement?

This place is a F***ing nightmare after a draw/loss

Off to bed, think I'll give MOTD a miss!

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #761: Jan 14, 2012 10:19:47 pm
      Ugh, did I really just read the dreaded "Am I/Was I right/I called it" statement?

This place is a f**king nightmare after a draw/loss

Off to bed, think I'll give MOTD a miss!

Yup.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #762: Jan 14, 2012 10:21:40 pm
      That list makes Houllier look like a very good manager. Particularly when you consider Alonso hardly played along the way.
      Oh I don't know, folk are still waiting for Downing to turn up as well.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #763: Jan 14, 2012 10:23:25 pm
      No mate ain't being funny. Dont like target men never F***ing have being obsessed with football since i was a child. My old man used top bring me into the pub when i was a child as a party trick and ask me questions about world cups back to 1930 and i was always right. When i played i was one of these lads that was excellent as a kid. Celtic Leeds coventy and notts forest all approached my father as a kid. Went on trial with burnley at 16played against utd stayed there a month. Played 3 years for semi prolevel and played in a uefa championship where mark atkinson gave me good protection. Here that is my history but sure what the F**k do i know.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #764: Jan 14, 2012 10:29:08 pm
      No mate ain't being funny. Dont like target men never f**king have being obsessed with football since i was a child. My old man used top bring me into the pub when i was a child as a party trick and ask me questions about world cups back to 1930 and i was always right. When i played i was one of these lads that was excellent as a kid. Celtic Leeds coventy and notts forest all approached my father as a kid. Went on trial with burnley at 16played against utd stayed there a month. Played 3 years for semi prolevel and played in a uefa championship where mark atkinson gave me good protection. Here that is my history but sure what the f**k do i know.

Not being funny?

Well I've just pissed my pants after reading that. Made my Saturday night that. Nice one.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #765: Jan 14, 2012 10:35:27 pm
      No mate ain't being funny. Dont like target men never F***ing have being obsessed with football since i was a child. My old man used top bring me into the pub when i was a child as a party trick and ask me questions about world cups back to 1930 and i was always right. When i played i was one of these lads that was excellent as a kid. Celtic Leeds coventy and notts forest all approached my father as a kid. Went on trial with burnley at 16played against utd stayed there a month. Played 3 years for semi prolevel and played in a uefa championship where mark atkinson gave me good protection. Here that is my history but sure what the F**k do i know.

But you were wrong about Lucas.

Nobody is perfect.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #766: Jan 14, 2012 10:38:55 pm
      Diabolical. Champions League ambitions well and truly over.

haha! what a knee jerk!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #767: Jan 14, 2012 10:39:13 pm
      I was mate i F***ing rubbished Lucas. Exactly mate no one is perfect if they were they would be invaluable.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #768: Jan 14, 2012 10:40:12 pm
      A poster complaining about complaints.  :o

I'm guessing you haven't read the post properly mate. If you had you'd realise that the post ain't about the whining but about the fact that the people who love to get the boot in are not as just as noisy or prolific in their posts when we win. This might help:

Frustration and anger at poor results I can accept and understand - lack of praise to the same high levels, when we win: leaves me a bit puzzled that's all.

People I never see post before seem to crawl out of the woodwork for a dig everytime we are struggling, then when we claim a scalp like City away they are nowere to be found.

It's there for all to see mate.... they may not like it but they can't deny it.  The only consolation is that the vast majority will be back under the bridge by Monday.
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2012 11:06:14 pm by bad boy bubby »
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #769: Jan 14, 2012 10:40:41 pm
      I was mate i F***ing rubbished Lucas. Exactly mate no one is perfect if they were they would be invaluable.

Exactly my point with the likes of Carroll and Henderson, should we not give them time? They are only 23 and 21.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #770: Jan 14, 2012 10:46:40 pm
      Exactly my point with the likes of Carroll and Henderson, should we not give them time? They are only 23 and 21.
      I actually love Henderson and im willing to bet he ends up a top player
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #771: Jan 14, 2012 10:50:59 pm
      I'm admitting ignorance today, why did Kenny play with 5 defenders and one up front at home?

He played three at the back with Enrique & Johnson (who had a great game) playing very much as wing-backs, playing as they did, very much in the 'final' third of the pitch. If truth were told (and admitted) we had seven players 'attacking' for nearly the whole game.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #772: Jan 14, 2012 10:51:03 pm
      I actually love Henderson and im willing to bet he ends up a top player

Same, I think he will too, and I hope it's at Liverpool.

Lucas fans used to say that you don't get to captan Brazil u21's without being good. Hendo is England u21 captain so let's hope that he can mature as a player and become the player we need to take the mantle over from Gerrard eventually.

We have to be able to take some positives from this game, like a clean sheet, unbeaten at home and 1 pont is better than 0.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #773: Jan 14, 2012 10:51:35 pm
      I'll write my match review tomorrow.

But, credit to Stoke for defending so well, and being so organised. Although it isn't too hard when there is practically no movement, or quality, crisp passing happening from us.

Stoke certainly deserved a point for their hard work.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #774: Jan 14, 2012 10:54:22 pm
      He played three at the back with Enrique & Johnson (who had a great game) playing very much as wing-backs, playing as they did, very much in the 'final' third of the pitch. If truth were told (and admitted) we had seven players 'attacking' for nearly the whole game.

Nice one, thank you.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #775: Jan 14, 2012 11:01:07 pm

If you got up at 4am like some brave fans had to, to go and watch the utter sh*te we served up as a "performance" today, you'd be complaining, and you would be justified to.

Oh give me a break lad... You brave bugger

if you knew anything about football you would know its not built over night
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,345 posts | 4966 
      Reply #776: Jan 14, 2012 11:12:12 pm
      Same old sh*t in here tonight I see.

Seriously, we all are disappointed with the result but I honestly think some people will only be happy if:

The club buy the players they want for the price they want

Kenny selects the players they want in the formation they want

We beat everybody 6-0 every week and win everything in sight each and every season.

As most of us sensible folk know football isn't as simple as that and Kenny is trying to build a squad and results like todays while not good enough and disappointing will happen and we have to learn from it and move on.

The sheer over reaction one way or the other on here at times is really getting tiresome.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #777: Jan 14, 2012 11:21:39 pm
      Just about 1/2 a point a game better off this season than last, improving.  Has Kenny made mistakes, yes, but name me a manager who doesn't.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #778: Jan 14, 2012 11:27:09 pm
      Same old sh*t in here tonight I see.

Seriously, we all are disappointed with the result but I honestly think some people will only be happy if:

The club buy the players they want for the price they want

Kenny selects the players they want in the formation they want

We beat everybody 6-0 every week and win everything in sight each and every season.

As most of us sensible folk know football isn't as simple as that and Kenny is trying to build a squad and results like todays while not good enough and disappointing will happen and we have to learn from it and move on.

The sheer over reaction one way or the other on here at times is really getting tiresome.

Think this is some of the modern football fan mate, they watch youtube and rate players or read something on twitter and take it they know the lot.

Football is an education and you learn it over time, same for the Liverpool way which is also getting sadly lost these days.

Your spot on, we are building and we are all gutted again today but these same people will be saying we are the best team in the world if we beat Bolton next week!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #779: Jan 14, 2012 11:28:36 pm
      Oh give me a break lad... You brave bugger

That gave me a titter thanks.  ;D

From Tuesday to Friday this week I was up at 4am to start work at 4.40am - I've never thought about how brave I am... until now. I'll be up at 5.30am tomorrow to go fishing. Not just as brave I know but gutsy nonetheless.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,345 posts | 4966 
      Reply #780: Jan 14, 2012 11:30:47 pm
      Think this is some of the modern football fan mate, they watch youtube and rate players or read something on twitter and take it they know the lot.

Football is an education and you learn it over time, same for the Liverpool way which is also getting sadly lost these days.

Your spot on, we are building and we are all gutted again today but these same people will be saying we are the best team in the world if we beat Bolton next week!

Agree entirely Kelvo although if and when we beat Bolton you will notice a lack of activity in the match thread.

Moan like f**k when we draw of lose but don't bother coming on and being positive when we win.

It seems to be the way
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #781: Jan 14, 2012 11:35:38 pm
      Agreed, and KK may well get it right too. But those same sensible folk also realise that the exact same dogma was rolled out in Souness', Evans', Houllier's, and Rafa's tenure.

Just saying like.

Quick Reply