Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would win in a fight?

HUYTON RED
      (81.3%)
      Richobaz
      (18.8%)

Day Dream Believer's !

Read 5171 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: Day Dream Believer's !
      Reply #23: Sep 29, 2007 04:18:37 pm
      If they play bad, I'll boo boo boo boo boo boo !

Sorry mate but there is no room at Anfield for 'fans' like you.

Link -  http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,4247.0.html

I can't understand that you don't even know anything about Liverpool's ticket situation.

I totally agree with Huyton Red on this one.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #24: Sep 29, 2007 05:02:26 pm
      Sorry Richobaz, I'm also with HR on this one, booing the team isn't the way Liverpool fans are, vent your frustrations in a different way, leave the booing to the likes of chelsea.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #25: Sep 29, 2007 05:23:07 pm
      Who'd win in a fight, Richobaz or Huyton Red?

:D :D :D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #26: Sep 29, 2007 05:25:22 pm
      Who'd win in a fight, Richobaz or Huyton Red?

:D :D :D

Poll installed ;)

None of us should boo our side.  Discraceful, we're better than that.

I'm also with HR on this one.  Boo all you like Richobaz, you can't really call yourself a Liverpool fan can you?  If you want your team to do well stay confident, that is what the rest of us do.
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2007 05:33:55 pm by Court LFC »
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #27: Sep 29, 2007 05:56:42 pm
      Bloody hell - all ganging up on me again!

I don't have to justify my support of the reds to any of you.  And who are you lot to say 'Liverpool Fans should not boo'.

If we play bad - I want the team to know about it.

MrTommo - situation on tickets.  I asked a question about the ticket situation - I live in Kent, never even thought about getting a season ticket before - so how the hell would I know there is a 12 year waiting list?

The funny thing is - my original post had nothing to do with BOOOOINNNG!

I was about the negative performances we've had in recent weeks and not facing up to them.

It was HR who mentioned the boo boyz.

Can't stand other fans questioning peoples support for the club, just because they have a different opinion...what a bunch of ****s!
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #28: Sep 29, 2007 06:16:24 pm
      its less fustrating when we play our best and draw, and the ball just wouldnt go in the back of th net ("one of those days", as they say)...but when we dont start with our best 11 on the park, and we draw 2 weeks in a row, that is more fustrating in my opinion.
      During the beginning of our game a commentator said... "liverpool have the ability to win the league, however, this rotation may prove to be detrimental to their title race..."
      I agree with that 100%.
      Another point, we cant possible keep swapping players every week in our league games....if its carling cup, f.a cup or champions league, it doesnt worry me...
      But when we have a different right back, and a different left back, and centre mid and left mid and strike force to the previous game. Our back 4 shouldnt change: finnan, carra, hyppia for now until danny agger returns, and arbeloa...our midfield stevie g and pennant should begin week in week out...and alonso and momo can share that defensive mid role with riise, babel and aurellio fighting for the left mid position....and torres should start with voronin and kuyt rotating....2-3 changes maximum should be made from the previous week, no more!!!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #29: Oct 01, 2007 08:50:42 am
      Bloody hell - all ganging up on me again!

I don't have to justify my support of the reds to any of you.  And who are you lot to say 'Liverpool Fans should not boo'.

If we play bad - I want the team to know about it.

MrTommo - situation on tickets.  I asked a question about the ticket situation - I live in Kent, never even thought about getting a season ticket before - so how the hell would I know there is a 12 year waiting list?

The funny thing is - my original post had nothing to do with BOOOOINNNG!

I was about the negative performances we've had in recent weeks and not facing up to them.

It was HR who mentioned the boo boyz.

Can't stand other fans questioning peoples support for the club, just because they have a different opinion...what a bunch of ****s!

If it means anything I agree with you about the "booing". In a group of supporters you need an optimist or pessimist and a realist. Eventually someone's gotta come out and say to them, "Guys, YOU PLAYED SH*T!". Why should it be assumed that these "booers" are not true supporters? It would be a different story if they enjoyed it and did it every time they're not satisfied with the result.

It breaks my heart to hear the "booing", but on rare occasions, its necessary. These are not "children with fragile minds" we are talking to. A bit of criticism helps now and then. Has our performances not improved since then? (whether it was because of the booing is debatable i know)
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #30: Oct 01, 2007 12:05:05 pm
      You talk a lot of sense!
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #31: Oct 01, 2007 04:48:45 pm
      If it means anything I agree with you about the "booing". In a group of supporters you need an optimist or pessimist and a realist. Eventually someone's gotta come out and say to them, "Guys, YOU PLAYED SH*T!". Why should it be assumed that these "booers" are not true supporters? It would be a different story if they enjoyed it and did it every time they're not satisfied with the result.

Whilst I can have some empathy with the view that there needs to be some form of expression from the fans about a bad performance, can I remind you that this booing was for a 0-0.

What would you do if we lost; and lost by say four, or more? Where would you go then?

It's not so much the booing I have a problem with - I think there is a rare place for it, but if expectations are such that the team are going to get booed for a draw, then this will do far more harm to the team than good.

Keep it in perspective.
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #32: Oct 01, 2007 05:51:33 pm
      Whilst I can have some empathy with the view that there needs to be some form of expression from the fans about a bad performance, can I remind you that this booing was for a 0-0.

What would you do if we lost; and lost by say four, or more? Where would you go then?

It's not so much the booing I have a problem with - I think there is a rare place for it, but if expectations are such that the team are going to get booed for a draw, then this will do far more harm to the team than good.

Keep it in perspective.

Keep it in perspective? 

Surely this depends on the individual fans expectations for Liverpool - doesn't it?

Some fans might be perfectly happy with a 0-0 at home against Birmingham and some (rightfully) will not.

If a fan wants to express his displeasure at the performance - why should anyone stifle this?  Who has the right to tell someone to accept the display like others have and go home and watch Casualty or the XX Factor and relax?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #33: Oct 01, 2007 05:58:19 pm
      the only fans in the big 4 that are happy with there teams performances at the minute are arsenal fans, look at chelsea and Utd at the minute, i still think liverpool are playing better football than them both!
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #34: Oct 01, 2007 06:07:48 pm
      I for one couldn't care less how the others are playing - as long as they are dropping points and we are playing 'How we should'.

I've said before, this season is 'No excuses'.  We have every chance of winning the league.  Slip ups will happen!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #35: Oct 01, 2007 06:17:04 pm
      yea but if they slip up and still get a draw from it, thats the sign of champions. (i hope)
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #36: Oct 01, 2007 06:19:43 pm
      Keep it in perspective? 

Surely this depends on the individual fans expectations for Liverpool - doesn't it?

Some fans might be perfectly happy with a 0-0 at home against Birmingham and some (rightfully) will not.

If a fan wants to express his displeasure at the performance - why should anyone stifle this?  Who has the right to tell someone to accept the display like others have and go home and watch Casualty or the XX Factor and relax?

Ah - so it's a freedom of speech issue for you, is it? Bollocks. There are ways to express yourself, but if you think it's ok to boo a 0-0, then I think you're just plain daft.

Yes, I do have the right to say to you that your expectations are ridiculously high and you will do more harm than good by having this level of expectation, and a Judge would agree with me on the grounds of "the greater good".

I note you totally fail to deal with the question I pose: where do you go when we lose? You've set a rod for your own back by booing a 0-0. If we lose then there are boos, then the boo would mean little, because the power of it has been diminished by its already being used.

Save your boos until they are truly justified, which will hopefully be never.

So, just to clarify, Richobaz, I'm not "stifling" someone's right to criticise; I am pointing out the folly of the method chosen. I can't stop you from booing by any other means than persuasion.

So go home and watch Casualty or the XX Factor and relax, or better still, give me your ticket. ;)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #37: Oct 01, 2007 06:25:17 pm
      Great post mate.

(Jammy Dodger added to the poll :D)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #38: Oct 01, 2007 06:26:47 pm
      I for one couldn't care less how the others are playing - as long as they are dropping points and we are playing 'How we should'.

I've said before, this season is 'No excuses'.  We have every chance of winning the league.  Slip ups will happen!

Slip ups happen for Liverpool also - so we boo them do we ?
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #39: Oct 01, 2007 06:29:59 pm
      Sorry Jammy - you can't tell me not to boo.  I'm not saying I would boo - that was never my original point.

Seems everyone has jumped on the 'We are perfect' bandwagon.

In answer to your question.  If we lost, but played extremely well and it was undeserved (like Mancs at home last term) I'd be gutted.

If we lost and played 'Sh*t' then I'd be angry.  Can't say anymore than that really.

No need to argue about it though - I think I've made a fair point.
      Slip ups happen for Liverpool also - so we boo them do we ?

Depends on the performance - have a bit more substance to your questions mrtommo, instead of trying to belittle - just because you can being a mod!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #40: Oct 01, 2007 06:31:31 pm
      i personally would never boo liverpool or any of there players, i support them for a reason you no, yea maybe i wish we could do better, but i never doubt that we won't, rafa knows what he is doing, and there is a reason why the players are at a top premiership club, emm its because they are top players, so i have faith in rafa and the players to produce the goods 100% of the time
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #41: Oct 01, 2007 06:53:52 pm

Depends on the performance - have a bit more substance to your questions mrtommo, instead of trying to belittle - just because you can being a mod!

I am not trying to belittle you, I am trying to understand your views.

You state you live in Kent, You didn't realise the ticket situation - so the only way you understand Liverpool is through the media.

I take it you haven't been to Anfield - therefore you have never experienced a true Liverpool supporters way of supporting his team.
      Liverpool supporters are well known all over the world for there respect of the game.
      Yes you do vent your anger / displeasure to players at times - but to boo - No.
      Good God, I've lost count at the times I've yelled at a player - but it's more in encouragement than a slagging off style.
      We do expect a win, of cause we do, BUT we also are well aware that slip up's happen, and that the team can play poorly.
      But to compensate that, we also know that this team can play perfect football and win in style.

jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #42: Oct 01, 2007 06:55:36 pm
      Sorry Jammy - you can't tell me not to boo.

Of course I can tell you not to boo; but it's up to you to listen or be an obstinate boo-boy. Your choice; your funeral.

I'm not saying I would boo - that was never my original point.

Really?

If we play well (like against Reading) I'll praise them more than anyone.  If they play bad, I'll boo boo boo boo boo boo !

::)

Does kind of sum you up, mate. No middle ground; one extreme or the other, and the obstinate arguing of your point just so you won't be seen to cave-in.

I've seen and heard this all before, RB. I will keep shouting in yer ear, though, because I believe there is hope for you, yet. In the meantime, may I suggest you read the "Reclaim The Kop" charter.

Great post mate.

(Jammy Dodger added to the poll :D)

Oh gee, thanks, after everyone has already voted for Huyton Red!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #43: Oct 01, 2007 06:59:01 pm
      Oh gee, thanks, after everyone has already voted for Huyton Red!

Fair do's, I've taken you back out ;D
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #44: Oct 01, 2007 07:34:40 pm
      I have been to Anfield.

I find you all very patronising.

It seems it's your way or no way.

It's all getting very tired arguing on here
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #45: Oct 01, 2007 08:35:19 pm

Good...

I find you all very patronising.

Aawwww, poor picked-upon, Richobaz. I feel so sorry for you, makes me want to  :cwl:

Is that the response you were hoping for? Afraid your sympathy card effort doesn't cut much ice with me. All I see is an attempt to deflect from the argument that you have poorly responded to and soundly lost.

It seems it's your way or no way...It's all getting very tired arguing on here

Again; good. That is how you should feel; because whilst you can argue for booing a 0-0 draw and similar results, most of us are telling you it's the wrong thing to do, either because it lacks proper perspective or it is not regarded by some as "the Liverpool way" - but again you take it to the extreme and try to make out that it's a matter of choice and principle, and you are being mis-treated for the expression of your opinion. Nonsense - but you do deserve what you get for how you express you it.

Face it, dude. Your choice in this matter is clearly one that the majority of us frown upon as a poor choice. You've also contradicted yourself in the process thereby losing any credibility you might have had with your point of view.

Go have a pint or three, get over it and come back for more. ;)

Quick Reply