Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would win in a fight?

HUYTON RED
      (81.3%)
      Richobaz
      (18.8%)

Day Dream Believer's !

Read 5164 times
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Re: Day Dream Believer's !
      Reply #46: Oct 01, 2007 08:45:48 pm
      Jammy - don't want to turn this post into a slagging match.

I still stand by my views.  I won't be swayed by you, reasons:

1. Your articulate (good old english) replies are bordering - Vomit Warning

2. Do you think this is some competition and you've won - grow up - it's only a sodding forum.  I won't lose sleep

3. By the looks of that Website you've put together - how you've got the nerve to state a view on here is amazing.  Piss poor mate!!!!

4. With kids like Ra Ra - popping on here and just trying to annoy, I cannot be bothered.

Jammy - why don't you come up with some original topics to discuss?  I'd argue with anyone on something I'm passionate about - and I'd argue that most of my topics get a response.

« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2007 08:48:59 pm by Richobaz »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #47: Oct 01, 2007 08:54:31 pm
      4. With kids like Ra Ra - popping on here and just trying to annoy, I cannot be bothered.

Just sit down and shut up! :tosser:
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #48: Oct 01, 2007 08:56:17 pm
      Ra Ra: At least Jammy offers a view and a good argument - what do you offer to this site?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #49: Oct 01, 2007 09:08:48 pm
      Ra Ra: At least Jammy offers a view and a good argument - what do you offer to this site?

What do I offer to this site? Nothing compared to what Asda offers to me! 4 Jam doughnuts for 50p, the 5th doughnut is you!
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #50: Oct 01, 2007 09:10:56 pm
      What do I offer to this site? Nothing compared to what Asda offers to me! 4 Jam doughnuts for 50p, the 5th doughnut is you!

That's not even funny?!?

Seriously - why write something unfunny?

Jammy - you've been on here for a long time - I'm guessing you've got the good old thesaurus out - another articulate response on its way!
      Cy
      Reply #51: Oct 01, 2007 09:12:12 pm
      2 pages of absolute useless arguments, it's like reading kids arguing about how we should do things.."my way nah!..my way"..

Booing, is not something we do at Liverpool, but if someone decided to do so, who the hell are we to deciding for him/her even furthermore judging that person doing so! Fair play to argue the case in an amicable manner but the "one for all, all against one" is somewhat quite childish, as for the poll about who would win a fight...no comment.

I don't agree for one bit with Richobaz most of the time and particularly don't on this one, but like jammydodger said that "he have the right to say", also would Richobaz without been put in pieces and futhermore been insulted (oh but it had some substance to it) so that makes it all right then to insult someone as long as the post "have some substance", no offense but let me have a laugh on that....

Loosing or winning an argument is not that much important, and the question of what makes a Liverpool fan is not something written on stones! If so we wouldn't have a so much huge numbers of fans around the world...
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #52: Oct 01, 2007 09:15:13 pm
      2 pages of absolute useless arguments, it's like reading kids arguing about how we should do things.."my way nah!..my way"..

Booing, is not something we do at Liverpool, but if someone decided to do so, who the hell are we to deciding for him/her even furthermore judging that person doing so! Fair play to argue the case in an amicable manner but the "one for all, all against one" is somewhat quite childish, as for the poll about who would win a fight...no comment.

I don't agree for one bit with Richobaz most of the time and particularly don't on this one, but like jammydodger said that "he have the right to say", also would Richobaz without been put in pieces and futhermore been insulted (oh but it had some substance to it) so that makes it all right then to insult someone as long as the post "have some substance", no offense but let me have a laugh on that....

Loosing or winning an argument is not that much important, and the question of what makes a Liverpool fan is not something written on stones! If so we wouldn't have a so much huge numbers of fans around the world...

Didn;t understand a word of that - if you're going to moan about peoples posts - write one clearly yourself?

Also - isn't arguments what footies all about?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #53: Oct 01, 2007 09:15:33 pm
      That's not even funny?!?

Seriously - why write something unfunny?

Because I went to ASDA'S the other day, bought a pack of jam doughnuts, meant to be 5 in there but when I opened the pack there was only four so one was missing. I did wonder what happened to that fifth doughnut, must be you.

PS.. not trying to be funny, the asda's thing is true!
      Cy
      Reply #54: Oct 01, 2007 09:19:52 pm
      Didn;t understand a word of that - if you're going to moan about peoples posts - write one clearly yourself?

Also - isn't arguments what footies all about?

I though you had some kind of intelligence but it seems that you are more stupid then I though. I'm not moaning but more tell it the way I see it which is kids having a row in the playground..and obviously ra ra is more then happy to join the game..

This thread should be locked.
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #55: Oct 01, 2007 09:25:20 pm
      I though you had some kind of intelligence but it seems that you are more stupid then I though. I'm not moaning but more tell it the way I see it which is kids having a row in the playground..and obviously ra ra is more then happy to join the game..

This thread should be locked.

Cy - re-read your post.  You've basically slagged off everyone on this topic?

All I said was it wasn't clear?  And it's not.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #56: Oct 01, 2007 09:28:01 pm
      Will you lot put your handbags away and discuss something like grown-ups  ::)  Topic will be locked if you don't behave    ;) :D 
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #57: Oct 01, 2007 09:31:59 pm
      Smigger - was never my intention to go down this road.

It's lost it's purpose now - might as well lock it!
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #58: Oct 01, 2007 09:44:02 pm
      Jammy - don't want to turn this post into a slagging match.

But...

I still stand by my views.  I won't be swayed by you, reasons:

To summarise; ...blah, blah, blah...slang, slang, nothing to do the thread...still dodging the points by criticising the person making the points and not the points themselves...still obstinately sticking to head-in-sand option...

Can't be arsed responding to your personal criticisms as a) they are irrelevant and b) clearly a provocation and c) another attempt to deflect and dodge.

It's clear you don't have an answer to the criticisms of your views and you therefore stand obstinately by your opinion, simply because it is your opinion, but for no other reason. You have utterly failed to justify it, you contradict yourself and you have actually stopped arguing it and merely had a go back at those arguing against you.

Not only is your argument lost, your credibility lost, but any respect for you as well as your argument is now lost, by the manner (again) in which you (don't) make it.

My argument has been that this booing was not justified against Brum. Others feel we shouldn't boo at all. Richobaz clearly feels that booing against Brum was right and justified. Not only do I disagree, but in arguing the point, I don't think Richobaz has really thought about the matter, and I can only conclude that his responses have been made more out of wounded pride. I've given my arguments and the actual response to my points, in amongst his replies, has been non-existent.

Cy, I note your recent response. I have given Richobaz multiple opportunities to properly justify his point of view, and he side-steps.

I would argue that booing should be actively discouraged for very good reason. It harms the team. If they think we are going to boo at a whim, then it will have a psychological effect. If we lose 5-0 at home, then I'd be inclined to boo - because I want to have it as an option - but it would take something of that magnitude for me, which would realistically mean it hardly ever happening.

I repeat: Keep it in perspective.

Otherwise, I don't see that I need add any more - Richobaz certainly isn't.
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #59: Oct 01, 2007 09:55:56 pm
      Jammy - please read from the start.  Thinking about it, I wouldn't bother!

This topic was never about booing, but you keep bringing the same thing up again and again and again...

But if you want me to argue my point I will (short...watch how it's done...you may learn something!!!)

If you paid to go and watch Liverpool Vs Brum, you'd have been overly confident before the game.  Why wouldn't you - Birmingham are sh*t, am I right in saying this?  And we are at home.

You could say 'HOME BANKER' - yes or no?

You then hear the team being called out over the load speakers....NO TORRES.  OK, disappointed...but, it's brum so he won't be missed.

We don't perform - we draw a game 0-0 that we should be winning 3-0!  Was Torres being left out a mistake? 

Are you happy with this result - Yes or No.  Ok, most fans will 'bite there tongue' and walk away from the ground.  Some will stay and show there anger - what's the big deal? 

So some fans boo - still doesn't stop us being who we are, and never will.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #60: Oct 01, 2007 11:27:12 pm
      Firstly note what Cisse said about Anfield " At Marsielle the crowd are good and get behind you like at Liverpool, When things are not going well they tend to give you some stick but at Liverpool the fans are always behind you whatever you play like. That is the difference and that is why I love to play at Anfield, The fans always support thier team." This is how it always was and how it always should be. This is what makes us better than the rest. If you want to boo the reds at Anfield, mabey you should consider supporting somebody else. Yeah, you paid for your ticket so you have the right, but if you boo, don't consider yourself a true RED. Back on topic. Still undefeated, dropped what should heve been another 4 points to poor teams, scraped a draw in C. L. got lucky against Wigan. Not playing great, I'm gutted and feeling my season is in free fall already but we're not too far away and when we hit top gear again we should regain some consistancy. I get pissed off but my support will never dwindle. Rafa just needs to keep fielding his strongest side for every game to get some confidence back in the team.  The last thing you'll hear from me is booing!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #61: Oct 02, 2007 12:28:53 pm
      Whilst I can have some empathy with the view that there needs to be some form of expression from the fans about a bad performance, can I remind you that this booing was for a 0-0.

What would you do if we lost; and lost by say four, or more? Where would you go then?

It's not so much the booing I have a problem with - I think there is a rare place for it, but if expectations are such that the team are going to get booed for a draw, then this will do far more harm to the team than good.

Keep it in perspective.

You are right Jammy, the booing was a little too much for a draw. I was talking about booing in general.

But if booing causes such a rift between reds supporters like its done in this thread I hope that we never see any booing again.. :(

Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #62: Oct 02, 2007 01:57:26 pm
      Firstly I'd like to talk about the original theme of the thread.  I had high hopes at the beginning of the season and thought we would have a better team than last season with a stronger cutting edge.  Not only would we be creating lots of chances but we would also be taking them.  I am disappointed that it hasn't quite come together yet but ever the optimist I think it will in the next few games.

I don't think the booing at the Birmingham game was so much about the performance of individual players but the frustration of some fans who expect us to beat a newly promoted side at home.  I don't condone the booing but I understand the frustration that brought it on.

I vehemently defend the right of all forum contributors to take the p*ss out of each other.  It is after all a long held Liverpool tradition and forms the basis of most of my posts.  Just hurling insults is not, however, acceptable.

I've voted for Richobaz because he has his beliefs (maybe misguided) and he sticks to them like glue.  I just wonder if he isn't just winding the rest of you up for the sake of it to see how mad he can get you.

Richobaz the terrorist! ???
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #63: Oct 02, 2007 03:50:17 pm
      I personally don't agree with booing.

However, talking about locking a thread just because we are discussing it is a bit ridiculous.  I would much rather vent my anger and disappointment on a performance on a forum like this or in the pub afterwards than actually within the four hallowed walls where we remind the players before and after every game that they will 'never walk alone'.  Not sure how people can sing that and then boo?

On (albeit rare) occasion I have not applauded the reds off the pitch - and if we got hammered by someone sh*t at Anfield - can you imagine the final whistle with 41,000 silent Liverpool fans glaring at the players? 

I'd have us down for a 5-0 win the next time the reds played at Anfield after that!
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #64: Oct 02, 2007 04:15:02 pm
      Firstly I'd like to talk about the original theme of the thread.  I had high hopes at the beginning of the season and thought we would have a better team than last season with a stronger cutting edge.  Not only would we be creating lots of chances but we would also be taking them.  I am disappointed that it hasn't quite come together yet but ever the optimist I think it will in the next few games.

I don't think the booing at the Birmingham game was so much about the performance of individual players but the frustration of some fans who expect us to beat a newly promoted side at home.  I don't condone the booing but I understand the frustration that brought it on.

I vehemently defend the right of all forum contributors to take the p*ss out of each other.  It is after all a long held Liverpool tradition and forms the basis of most of my posts.  Just hurling insults is not, however, acceptable.

I've voted for Richobaz because he has his beliefs (maybe misguided) and he sticks to them like glue.  I just wonder if he isn't just winding the rest of you up for the sake of it to see how mad he can get you.

Richobaz the terrorist! ???

Cheers Oldred - you've always stood up for me on here, appreciate that!

jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #65: Oct 02, 2007 04:38:04 pm

The thought had occurred, Oldred, but I dismissed it, because there is no indication that there is any guile on his part, and he's just not that smart. If he was trying to wind everyone else up, would he have posted:

Quote from: Richobaz
      I find you all very patronising.

It seems it's your way or no way.

It's all getting very tired arguing on here
      ?

This is a child's petulant response. His defence of his argument is basically that everyone else is picking on him. As for sticking to his beliefs, you give him undue credit. That is just the ostrich's defence mechanism and pride.

We all understand the frustrations, Oldred, even if Richobaz doesn't appreciate that we all felt that way against Brum. What the likes of Richobaz has to learn to understand is that whilst he has the right to boo, the decision of those to do so against Birmingham was a poor one, and his steadfast refusal to see the error in this is not to be admired in any way. It will only encourage him with a view that should be discouraged, as I am sure he will overlook the fact that you don't condone it.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #66: Oct 02, 2007 05:03:21 pm
      Richobaz,
      i too have received constant negative responses and profaine responses to my posts....it is really sometimes bulls**t how we love the same team, yet we can give eachother so much s**t....
      where i come from, we dont treat eachother like that...

But, ive learned to get over the sarcastic attitude and i cant be bothered giving it back most of the time, coz im a better person than that...keep ur head up, and dnt let them get to you...seriously mate, its not worth it!!!!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #67: Oct 02, 2007 05:34:52 pm
      Lovely stuff.

Now, if everyone wants to put the toys back in the pram.

Thanks.

Quick Reply