Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W8 D1 L0

Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.

Read 24709 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.
      Reply #322: Mar 13, 2012 10:24:31 am
      Cards on the table Corb... Because then people will know and the wondering will be gone. The thing is some points you make are spot on, some that I and others agree with, but the split comes because some are over protective of Kenny and also think we shouldn't be changing a 3rd manager in 3 years.

Do you want a change of manager? Do you want Rafa back? Is it because Rafa is available and you feel that the time to act is now to get him while he is available rather than wait until he is back in work? Is that what you want..? All honesty?

To be fair to Corbally I've asked him this very same question twice now and he's answered by saying he'd give Kenny time and at least this summer to rectify his mistakes. Constantly grilling him on the same issue is a bit unfair, so just in case you hadn't read his answer to my almost identical question PD.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #323: Mar 13, 2012 10:36:52 am
      To be fair to Corbally I've asked him this very same question twice now and he's answered by saying he'd give Kenny time and at least this summer to rectify his mistakes. Constantly grilling him on the same issue is a bit unfair, so just in case you hadn't read his answer to my almost identical question PD.

I've not read a direct answer no, I'm not trying to come across as grilling him mate, if that's what he wants then fine, I wouldn't tell him he is wrong as we are all entitled to opinions, it would be boring if we all agreed.

All it was is for me trying to get my head round someone who has that opinion I'd like it explaining why, if he hasn't then no worries, if he had no worries also I just wanted it explaining.

I'm not trying to batter anyone.. Just asking a question.

I'll crawl back under my rock and zip it.

The only reason I asked Corb is if he had that opinion he wouldn't be bothered about explaining it to people.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #324: Mar 13, 2012 11:16:37 am
      By grilling I meant more by both of us combined than you alone as I'd asked him twice which I assumed you'd not seen. No need to go anywhere near any rocks  ;D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #325: Mar 13, 2012 11:46:08 am
      All I guess I was asking really from somebody making noises about wanting a change ( not saying Corb necessarily is but he is vocal and pro Rafa) is it being fuelled by the fact Rafa is out of work and could step straight back in and that's what they would prefer or are they just not willing to give Kenny the time full stop.

Forget Corb, it he has answered that. If there is anyone else who is willing to answer I'd love their insight.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #326: Mar 13, 2012 11:49:47 am
      Mate ive answered that question numerous times do i keep need to being asked it
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #327: Mar 13, 2012 11:50:50 am
      We all saw the tears and emotion in his eye when we won the semi in the Carling.

Kenny is hurting too at the moment.
      If anyone is feeling it ..... he is.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #328: Mar 13, 2012 12:05:01 pm
      Mate ive answered that question numerous times do i keep need to being asked it

I said to ignore it and put it out to anyone else who is anti Kenny.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #329: Mar 13, 2012 12:14:56 pm
      Sorry but were exactly did i say i was anti Kenny.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #330: Mar 13, 2012 12:18:50 pm

I said to anyone else??

It's not aimed at you, I asked but it was indicated to me that you had answered it or something similar.. Fine so anyone else who is or maybe anti Kenny.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,641 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #331: Mar 13, 2012 12:21:32 pm
      All I guess I was asking really from somebody making noises about wanting a change ( not saying Corb necessarily is but he is vocal and pro Rafa) is it being fuelled by the fact Rafa is out of work and could step straight back in and that's what they would prefer or are they just not willing to give Kenny the time full stop.

Forget Corb, it he has answered that. If there is anyone else who is willing to answer I'd love their insight.

I think a lot of posters, myself included, get angry/frustrated because we saw what Rafa was trying to do with regards to the youth system and feel that, given the time and money, he would have won us the league. In saying that we have Kenny now and that in itself brings an opportunity I thought I'd never have, to see Kenny at the helm.

What we need to remember is that Kenny will need time to rebuild things his way. No doubt some of us, myself include, still feel some anger towards the previous owners for throwing out, what we perceived to be, the right man for the job.

Anyway, we've ears not wingmirrors.
      We look forward and see what faith in Kenny will bring us.
      IKKWT.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #332: Mar 13, 2012 12:27:49 pm

I think that impression comes across Corbally whether it is true or not. You don't like his signings, you don't like his formations, you don't like his tactics. Instead of saying what you don't like about Kenny as a manager, why not tell us what you do like about Kenny as manager, just for a pleasant change.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #333: Mar 13, 2012 12:28:27 pm
      I think a lot of posters, myself included, get angry/frustrated because we saw what Rafa was trying to do with regards to the youth system and feel that, given the time and money, he would have won us the league. In saying that we have Kenny now and that in itself brings an opportunity I thought I'd never have, to see Kenny at the helm.

What we need to remember is that Kenny will need time to rebuild things his way. No doubt some of us, myself include, still feel some anger towards the previous owners for throwing out, what we perceived to be, the right man for the job.

Anyway, we've ears not wingmirrors.
      We look forward and see what faith in Kenny will bring us.
      IKKWT.

Myself included in that Racer, I could see what Rafa was building until it was stopped by the previous owners..
      I guess what I thought to myself this morning driving to work was if Rafa wasn't out of work, would there still be this unrest in certain parts of the fanbase because they feel he could come back and carry on what he started? Even if we are not in the same position we were in his last year in terms of personnel.
      Or if Rafa wasn't out of work would people have more patience with what is being done?

I'm not having a go or looking for an argument, I'm trying to understand from anyone who is suggesting a change why..

The previous owners are to blame for what's happened to Rafa and his squad. But we are where we are and I don't see how sacking our third manager in 3 years will help that Kenny or not.

But I'll leave it because I think people are confused as to where I'm coming from.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #334: Mar 13, 2012 12:30:57 pm
      I think if we shape up for the last run-in and have a good FA cup run we should all be pretty happy with this season and look forward to the next.

bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #335: Mar 13, 2012 12:35:54 pm
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #336: Mar 13, 2012 12:39:56 pm
      Beat the bitters tonight, do Stoke on Sunday and hey presto we're back at Wembley (For the second time this seaosn may I add) then everything becomes rosey again.

The whoppers crawl back in to the woodwork till the next draw or loss.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #337: Mar 13, 2012 01:37:31 pm
      One of the lowest points I've been through as well was in 2002/2003 i think ..

We led the Premier League table after 12 games (8 wins and 4 draws I think), only to go the next 11 league games without a win until Heskey won one of the games.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #338: Mar 13, 2012 01:53:51 pm
      Reading through a couple of Liverpool biographys of late and one bit jumped out which I have just looked up.. Going back to the 1921-22 season.

From some "learned" football watchers of the day.

"How is it possible for the league leaders to have such a poor total in the goals for column?"
      "Having watched all home league games this season I would like ask the directors are they making the best use of the talent at their disposal"

After a 1-1 draw which followed a run of games where things weren't going right in front of goal.. But they were poor up at Newcastle on the day and relied on Elisha Scott..
      " I would ask what team does anything of note in a tournament like the league without enjoying some luck at either end"

Nothing in it really just made me smile that 90 years ago people would be having the same conversations we do now.

Football.. Isn't it great.. No other sport makes you live and breath it like this one does, we are lucky to have been bitten by that bug, as frustrating and hard the game is for us at times...And we are even more lucky to have been chosen by Liverpool.

We may disagree at times but we all want the same thing.. For this club to be a success and we should never forget that as much as we bicker at times.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,474 posts | 4594 
      Reply #339: Mar 13, 2012 02:03:11 pm

We may disagree at times but we all want the same thing.. For this club to be a success and we should never forget that as much as we bicker at times.

Just to add no other set of supporters come together as a collective when their backs are up against the wall like the Family Of LFC does as shown throughout our Illustrious History.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,319 posts | 4956 
      Reply #340: Mar 13, 2012 02:21:44 pm

Maybe not anti but you did want him moved on if certain finishes weren't to your liking.

Any news on the €100 charitable donation by the way?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #341: Mar 13, 2012 04:39:30 pm
      You didn't find me the post i said i wanted him sacked as shabs pointed out and please dont post that post where i think Rafa would do a better job. It doesn't mean i want Kenny sacked ive stated my opinion numerous times here.  Id give Kenny this summer to rectify last summer mistakes if by Christmas our performance in the league hasn't improved questions would have to be asked. That is my opinion can't keep repeating it.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #342: Mar 13, 2012 04:50:42 pm
      I was speaking with me dad earlier, he reckons Kenny will stand down in the summer. Not pushed but stand down.

I don't want him gone but this team has been repeating the same mistakes and so have the management all season. I don't really see a coherent playing style emerging and the summer transfer window hasn't worked out for us. Too many players looking like they aren't being directed properly, could be confidence but its starting to perhaps suggest a lack of overarching direction at Melwood.

Kenny should be starting next season as manager regardless of this seasons finish but we need to see some progression towards a 'style' and we need a much, much better summer in terms of bringing in attackers.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,319 posts | 4956 
      Reply #343: Mar 13, 2012 04:55:38 pm
      You didn't find me the post i said i wanted him sacked as shabs pointed out and please dont post that post where i think Rafa would do a better job. It doesn't mean i want Kenny sacked ive stated my opinion numerous times here.  Id give Kenny this summer to rectify last summer mistakes if by Christmas our performance in the league hasn't improved questions would have to be asked. That is my opinion can't keep repeating it.

I don't want to and won't get bogged down in this again but I know what you said and what you meant and it was that if we finished lower than 7th you wanted Rafa back.

I'll accept for now that you will give Kenny more time but there have been plenty of other comments you've made recently and in the past that make me believe you want Kenny out.

You can keep up the charade and everyone can make up their own minds but it is clear you wanted Kenny not to be our manager should we finish in a certain position.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #344: Mar 13, 2012 05:00:45 pm
      I think i like Kenny's comment on this "we'll add up the points and see where we are at the end of the season"

All that is clear to me is Henderson isnt ready and god damn we need a striker

Quick Reply