Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

This Summer - Who Leaves and Where do we need to improve?

Read 22058 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: This Summer - Who Leaves and Where do we need to improve?
      Reply #138: Apr 24, 2012 05:44:01 pm
      Maybe we should try and prise Graham Carr away from Newcastle.

I don't know if that really is the answer.

If players and managers can be flavour of the month or flash in the pans then why can't scouts? He is on a hot streak, but does that mean he is genuinely the best man for the job? What is his previous record like?

And let's face it Cabaye and Cisse where hardly unknowns! One was the captain of the French champions and the other a leading striker in the Bundesliga.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #139: Apr 24, 2012 09:44:26 pm
      Brad Jones - Been through a lot in the last year or so. I'd expect him to move to a Championship club or even move back to Aussie.
      Fabio Aurelio - Yet another injury hit season and contract runs up in the Summer. Can see him going back home to Brazil.
      Maxi Rodriguez - Another who's contract is up. Great player and has deserved more playing time in the last 2 seasons. Very underated.
      Nathan Eccleston - Should go out on a season-long loan deal to get some experience as he's looked sharp in the Reserves this term.
      Daniel Pacheco - Has has a disappointing season at Rayo, not really been given the chance to impress. But he could be useful for us with the amount of games we will be playing next season.
      Joe Cole - Has had a decent year at Lille but can't see him coming back.
      Danny Wilson - Could benefit from a whole season out on loan to a Championship club. Looks a good talent.
      Jonjo Shelvey - Tons of potential as he's shown for the first team and whilst on loan at Blackpool. I'd like to see him go out on loan to a Championship club to gain some more experience.
      Stephen Darby - Been relegated with Rochdale this season and can see him either securing a permenent move there or going to another League 1/2 club.
      Alberto Aquilani - A real shame he's been so unlucky with injuries. Looked really good in Pre-Season with us and could of been useful this season after Meireles left.
      Peter Gulacsi - Looks a good young keeper and could benefit from going to someone like Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday or Sheffield United and playing a run of games.

Unlikely, but possible:

Dirk Kuyt - He's been a great player for us ever since he joined us, and always gives 100% every time he's on the pitch. Contract is up at the end of next season so will we sell him or will we let his contract run up. Personally I'd keep him as feel he's got one more year to offer us.

Jon Flanagan - Another youngster I feel could really benefit from a loan move. Championship would be the ideal league for him.
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #140: Apr 24, 2012 10:18:51 pm
      0ut goes  maxi, kuyt, shelvy loan, fabio, carra (maybe to coach defenders), flano loan, adam
      in eden hazard, kaka, doyle from wolves, d villa,  torres (loan haha), aqualani (we need him in midfield again (creativity)), pacheco (life a free transfer and a v good player)
      No , What is wrong with my choices. which players don't you like ...the torres one was the only joke.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #141: Apr 24, 2012 10:24:57 pm
      No , What is wrong with my choices. which players don't you like ...the torres one was the only joke.

It's not really a question of who you like?

I think his surprise was the thought we have the budget and the attraction to bring in Villa, Hazard and Kaka.
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #142: Apr 24, 2012 10:46:52 pm
      It's not really a question of who you like?

I think his surprise was the thought we have the budget and the attraction to bring in Villa, Hazard and Kaka.

We are still a big ticket team, we will win 2 cups this year and probably compete for the league next season, kaka is old now, he would come here same with Villa, their fee should not be that high, and we still have a great budget 25million from our sponsors, hazard i agree will be a hard sell, but joey cole might just put a good word in,

believe.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #143: Apr 24, 2012 10:57:02 pm
       LEAVE:   Doni, Cole, Aquilani, Pacheco, Kuyt, Maxi, Aurelio.

IN: Just want Hazard or Lucas and Soldado here.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #144: Apr 24, 2012 10:59:49 pm
      We are still a big ticket team, we will win 2 cups this year and probably compete for the league next season, kaka is old now, he would come here same with Villa, their fee should not be that high, and we still have a great budget 25million from our sponsors, hazard i agree will be a hard sell, but joey cole might just put a good word in,

believe.

Imagine the wages for them 3 put together!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #145: Apr 25, 2012 08:14:09 am

believe.

I certainly believe but I am also a realist.

Wages..
      They may be getting on which is another reason they will still want to be in the CL.
      Joe Cole? Yeah bet he loves this place after his year of fun.. I would imagine he is more likely to put a word in for Chelsea.

For the record I wouldn't want to blow near on all of our budget this summer on someone who as yet no one knows if he will cut it week in week out in a top league. He probably will but we need more than just him.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #146: Apr 26, 2012 04:23:46 pm
      Jonjo Shelvey - Tons of potential as he's shown for the first team and whilst on loan at Blackpool. I'd like to see him go out on loan to a Championship club to gain some more experience.

Premier League Club loan is a must really. Championship proves very little - someone like Reading or Stoke.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #147: Apr 28, 2012 05:19:05 pm
      ESPN are reporting we have just £20m to spend in the summer.

Surely that's wrong or are we going to have a serious clear out to add more funds.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #148: Apr 29, 2012 12:30:16 am

Surely that's wrong or are we going to have a serious clear out to add more funds.

How the F**k would ESPN know what we have to spend?

(not attacking you by the way mate, just saying that I don't believe you can take anything in todays media as fact)
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,527 posts | 224 
      Reply #149: Apr 29, 2012 08:47:47 am
      Kuyt (he has a 1m exit clause though)
      Maxi
      Carrol
      Adams
      Daglish
      AA

In
      Nobody F***ing british
      I won't be saying names as the ones I would want, I expect CL teams to go for and get, What we need is from one sided a player like silva/benny (prime), someone who can keep the ball well but also has the ability to be a playmaker and a linkman with the forward, has decent dribbling skills and can play a good killer ball

A proper right winger who can also link up well

2 Strikers, both with good movement football, rely on making lots of runs down the channels and can play in between lines effectively

Most importantly, don't let kenny spend a f***in cent if he is still here, love what he has done but the guy has no clue in the market
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #150: Apr 29, 2012 09:07:59 am
      in eden hazard, kaka, doyle from wolves, d villa,  torres (loan haha)

:lmao: :lmao:

Posts like this remind me how much I love forums.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #151: Apr 29, 2012 09:12:08 am

I am hoping there are a lot of wrong assumptions like this this Summer.

Would rather other clubs not think we've got lots of cash unlike last year when it was common knowledge we had money. We all know what happened then.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #152: Apr 29, 2012 09:16:15 am
      :lmao: :lmao:

Posts like this remind me how much I love forums.

You'll be disappointed to know that the lad who posted has been banned then.

Anyone mixing those players together whilst keeping a straight face deserves a ban anyway.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #153: Apr 29, 2012 12:20:13 pm
      Kuyt (he has a 1m exit clause though)
      Maxi
      Carrol
      Adams
      Daglish
      AA

Most importantly, don't let kenny spend a f***in cent if he is still here, love what he has done but the guy has no clue in the market

Bit rich, from the man who spelt two player names and the current managers name wrong, to say that Kenny has no clue!

Good job you didn't try to spell Aquilani, could have ended up looking silly! ;)
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #154: Apr 29, 2012 12:21:54 pm
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,527 posts | 224 
      Reply #155: Apr 29, 2012 01:12:42 pm
      Bit rich, from the man who spelt two player names and the current managers name wrong, to say that Kenny has no clue!

Good job you didn't try to spell Aquilani, could have ended up looking silly! ;)

35m
      16-18m
      16-18m
      6-8m

On 4 of our top buys recently, no clue in the transfer market, you may see those buys as something other than flops but I don't....Also pardon me for spelling mistakes on my iphone with shitty network coverage (02...)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #156: Apr 29, 2012 01:46:55 pm

F***ing hell must be a quiet day for Sky, he's leaving cos his contract's up and he's going home to Argentina.

And right now the one player I would be going for would be Llorente.

soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #157: Apr 29, 2012 01:48:59 pm
      I think Maxi has a more legitimate case for more playing time than Kuyt does. I love Dirk, but he seems to have slipped. Maxi is still performing very well, yet Kenny keeps putting Downing in ahead of him. Frustrating.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #158: Apr 29, 2012 02:05:18 pm

If only we had someone with such unparalleled knowledge of the game (Such as yourself) in the DoF role..
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,142 posts | 3383 
      Reply #159: Apr 29, 2012 03:09:02 pm
      35m
      16-18m
      16-18m
      6-8m

On 4 of our top buys recently, no clue in the transfer market, you may see those buys as something other than flops but I don't....Also pardon me for spelling mistakes on my iphone with shitty network coverage (02...)

And yet with all these flops and a manager without a clue (both statements being total bollocks of course) we are still the only side to reach both domestic Cup finals. And in doing we've beaten five of the seven sides above us in the League.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #160: Apr 29, 2012 05:20:15 pm
      35m
      16-18m
      16-18m
      6-8m

You say you wouldn't let Kenny spend money in the transfer market and that he hasn't got a clue but you don't realise it was Comolli, who has since been fired, who 'spent ' the money and negotiated the transfer fees for those players.

It appears it is you my friend who hasn't got a clue.

Quick Reply