Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match

Luis Suarez
      2 (1.1%)
      Andy Carroll
      158 (90.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      6 (3.4%)
      Daniel Agger
      8 (4.6%)
      Someone else
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 171

Voting closed: May 10, 2012 08:54:45 pm

F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea. In Game & Post Match Dissection.

Read 59839 times
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Re: F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool 1:2 Chelsea. In game & post match Dissection.
      Reply #782: May 05, 2012 10:09:35 pm
      People arent being serious that Doni would do a better job than Reina, are they?

Just the one person really, a fountain of knowledge when it comes to the art of Goalkeeping at LFC!
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #783: May 05, 2012 10:14:29 pm
      People arent being serious that Doni would do a better job than Reina, are they?

Pepe replaced a keeper at Anfield. He too will be replaced. A Good handful of his conceded goals have been from the near post angle he use to cover so well.

This season, we have had keepers come to Anfield and had blinders; saving balls like their lives depended on it. Reina has been poor this season and even the last season too.

Why is it so impossible to have him replaced? Dudek was replaced after winning the Champions League. Some former LFC keepers are still playing in the premiership.

If he got replaced, he won't be the first.

Blame Spearing for spilling the ball, all you want, Pepe should have saved that ball.
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2012 10:25:49 pm by solodee »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #784: May 05, 2012 10:14:34 pm
      Gutted to say the least as I'll be honest a defeat didn't even enter my head this morning.

Up until Carroll came on we were as bad as I've seen us this season and left too much to do even when we pulled one back.

I thought we defended pretty well on the whole first half but the complete inability to pass the ball properly just meant we couldn't out together any meaningful attack. Lost count of the amount of over or under hit passes and even when we got forward especially down the left Downing and Enrique done next to nothing with the limited chances.

Carroll did have a massive impact when he came on but as I said we were always chasing the game and in the end didn't have enough to beat them this time.

On the goal that wasn't I'm not so sure it was over and despite screaming at the linesman to give it he did have only a split second to see if it was in or out. Still ridiculous the goal line decisions have to come down to this in this day and age.

I went for Agger as my MOTM as I thought he defended well and especially in the first half was showing some of our forwards how to go past a player and try and make something happen. It's a poor thing when a CB is more attacking that than some of our forwards and the likes of Downing were put to shame a bit by Danny especially first half.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #785: May 05, 2012 10:15:05 pm
      Hear what you're saying mate but the only way to protect their investment is consolidate and strengthen as with any other asset. They must know that any weakness in the company must be addressed to turn the situation around, failure to do so will only lead to a downward spiral to the detriment of the investment.
      The amount of money that can be made on the club is astronomical Stuey, we"re not like ManCity we have a groundswell of support around the globe.
      The owners need to know that we"re not the Redsox ,we"re bigger than that, so it"s not that they need to protect their investment , their investment is guaranteed. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #786: May 05, 2012 10:19:15 pm
      I've only just noticed the criticism of Pepe and it is true he hasn't been as gold as he has been this season, something he freely admits himself, and he should have saved the goal but to talk of selling him is ridiculous.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #787: May 05, 2012 10:22:34 pm
      Unbelievable response.

So to clarify this, Doni has more desire than Pepe, and you can remember goals Pepe just gave up on. You've a short memory there, seem to forgot all the times he saved us. His form has been poor, he admitted so himself, but to sugest his committment to the cause is less than his understudy is a shocking slur on his character and bang out of order.

And another thing, you can leave 'my entire family' out of it you f***in knobend.

Pepe needs to try much harder. Even Brad Jones would have done better with those two goals.

Well I guess, if someone, preferably a parent, had instilled in you, some home training, you wouldn't jump on a tread and straight-up insult someone just because we came up short of the FA Cup. Then there wouldn't have been a need for me to remind you that you behaviour shows you lack home training. Moron
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #788: May 05, 2012 10:24:46 pm
      Pepe needs to try much harder. Even Brad Jones would have done better with those to goals.

Well I guess, if someone, preferably a parent, had instilled in you, some home training, you wouldn't jump on a tread and straight-up insult someone just because we came up short of the FA Cup. Then there wouldn't have been a need for me to remind you that you behaviour shows you lack home training. Moron

Your actually making a pr**k of yourself now!

Log out and come back tomorrow....it's for the best, there's a good lad  ;)
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #789: May 05, 2012 10:24:57 pm
      Can someone console me.
      Is this the worst squad we have had in over 50 years.the first team i followed had Peter Thompson,EmlynHughes ,
      Tommy Smith, Roger Hunt Chris Lawler and Alec Lindsay.Now Jamie is clearly past it Stevie is a shadow of his former self I just dont see our future a sbeing anything other than top 8 with the odd Cup Run.
      We have been blessed with the best Kenny being the pinnacle but how does he really see these players.
      I just dont see how we ended up with Henderson and Spearing in holding misfielders.
      I am for the first time genuinely concerned for our clubs future
      Kenny will do exactly what shankly did and will swing the axe for the sake of the club .
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #790: May 05, 2012 10:28:34 pm
      Your actually making a pr**k of yourself now!

Log out and come back tomorrow....it's for the best, there's a good lad  ;)

You're just low. I don't blame you.....
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #791: May 05, 2012 10:32:13 pm
      -Saw about 15 minutes of the match where it looked like Chelsea were the superior squad.

-We came out as flat as one can get, all of them (Johnson excluded) including our Captain looked like they were playing in a Sunday league not in the FA cup final.

-Once we got started we owned them for the final 30 minutes, but we got started too late.

This is a team we have beaten twice already this season, I still am not of the belief that we need to have a massive overhaul. We need to bring in a few players of real quality and a few of the kids and I think we will be a better squad next year.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #792: May 05, 2012 10:38:09 pm
      Kenny will do exactly what shankly did and will swing the axe for the sake of the club .

Kenny needs to do the right thing and axe himself, i.e. step down for the sake of the club. The season was just not good enough. Excuses are like arseholes: everyone has one and it stinks... In my opinion, Kenny did not do a good enough job. As simple as that. With responsibility comes accountability. 100 millions pounds to spend but not much in return.

This game came down to tactics. Di Matteo had the best of Kenny today. As simple as that. Carroll should have been a starter to apply pressure on Chelsea backline.

A season to forget... Need to re-group and come back stronger next year. We are Liverpool after all.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #793: May 05, 2012 10:39:23 pm
      Seriously gutted.

When Andy came on we dominated those cu*ts. They had no answer to it.

Kenny should have started him but that was Kenny's choice and our wish.  Can't do anything about it now apart from lick our wounds, have a big clear out in the summer and hope we can take it to the top level next season.

Feel Andy is going to be massive for us for years to come, he's finally got his head around the fact that he plays for Liverpool now. As for Henderson and Spearing, I've lost all hope now. I will admit that Hendo did alright once he moved inside with Stevie but he was given a starting position in a Cup Final and no matter what position you play, you give 110% and he didn't.

Feel so sorry for Maxi and Dirk, especially Maxi sitting on the bench watching Henderson passing the ball backwards every F***ing time he got it.

Finally those cu*ts didn't desere to win it and they know it and that Drogba is a diving, cheating c**t, yet the media have a field day when Luis falls over. This c**t looks like he's been shot by a sniper everytime an opposition player comes near him!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #794: May 05, 2012 10:40:19 pm
      Kenny needs to do the right thing and axe himself, i.e. step down for the sake of the club. The season was just not good enough. Excuses are like arseholes and everyone has one and it stinks... In my opinion, Kenny did not do a good enough job. As simple as that. With responsibility comes accountability. 100 millions pounds to spend but not much in return.

This game came down to tactics. Di Matteo had the best of Kenny today. As simple as that. Carroll should have been a starter to apply pressure on Chelsea backline.

A season to forget... Need to re-group and come back stronger next year. We are Liverpool after all.

If you're referring to this season, then you're wrong. Before today it has simply been a question of finishing.

Today, however, was a question of formation & tactics, which unfortunately Kenny got wrong - but even the best managers get things wrong every now and then.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #795: May 05, 2012 10:47:16 pm
      If you're referring to this season, then you're wrong. Before today it has simply been a question of finishing.

Today, however, was a question of formation & tactics, which unfortunately Kenny got wrong - but even the best managers get things wrong every now and then.
      I am not sure anymore.I just cant get my head around anyone thinking Henderson and Spearing would be good enough to win an FA Cup final against a team who are in the CL final.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #796: May 05, 2012 10:50:45 pm
      I am not sure anymore.I just cant get my head around anyone thinking Henderson and Spearing would be good enough to win an FA Cup final against a team who are in the CL final.

I've seen this mentioned a few times tonight but I'm not sure who else Kenny could have or should have selected.

Gerrard, Henderson and Spearing were selected and the only other midfield option was Shelvey.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #797: May 05, 2012 10:50:48 pm

Hi Reslivo - I was indeed referring to this seaon. We are LIVERPOOL FC!!! I have been following the club for the past 30 years when I lived back then in South Africa. Today i reside in the USA. The name Liverpool used to scare opponents... Anfield was a fortress... We do not accept mediocrity.

This is not good enough. These are not the Liverpool standards!!! Enough with excuses such as being unlucky, hitting the post, getting the tactics wrong once in a while... Excellence is not based on excuses. You either put it in or you don't. You either win or you lose.

PS: You can be unlucky during 1 or 2 games not F***ing 38 games... I do not accept excuses.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #798: May 05, 2012 10:54:51 pm
      I've seen this mentioned a few times tonight but I'm not sure who else Kenny could have or should have selected.

Gerrard, Henderson and Spearing were selected and the only other midfield option was Shelvey.
      its hard to use excuses all the time.We either dont have enough quality (if so why did we not get cover for Lucas)or Kenny cant pick a team.
      Kenny can only pick what he has but the question has to be who is responsible for the state of the depth of quality in this squad having spent decent amounts of cash.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #799: May 05, 2012 11:06:51 pm
      Hi Reslivo - I was indeed referring to this seaon. We are LIVERPOOL FC!!! I have been following the club for the past 30 years when I lived back then in South Africa. Today i reside in the USA. The name Liverpool used to scare opponents... Anfield was a fortress... We do not accept mediocrity.

This is not good enough. These are not the Liverpool standards!!! Enough with excuses such as being unlucky, hitting the post, getting the tactics wrong once in a while... Excellence is not based on excuses. You either put it in or you don't. You either win or you lose.

PS: You can be unlucky during 1 or 2 games not f**king 38 games... I do not accept excuses.

Sad truth really.

There were times however, that we really deserved to win it, it just doesn't always work that way.

Today was one of those days we expected the absolute best from the team and manager.

Big games like the FA Cup? Experience always turns out to be more useful than any other consideration. Our midfield collapsed 15minutes into the game. Spearing could have been subbed before half time.
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #800: May 05, 2012 11:10:37 pm
      I don't know why people are being ridiculous and saying Andy should of started. There was no way we would play 2 up front. Bringing him on for maximum impact was great management imo.

ok we were flat in first half but we were a decent wide man and world class CM away from bossing that match. Those players will come this summer. Andy is going to be a legend but we need options and a young pacey 15 goal a season striker is needed also.

sh*t season, some major letdowns in the transfer market, roll on the summer and a new start.

YNWA

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #801: May 05, 2012 11:23:46 pm
      Obviously disappointed with the end result but if we had played the first half with the same determination as the second half I think LFCREDS would be a much happier place at this moment in time,I thought the header by Andy Carroll was a perfectly good goal and on the replay you could see the whole ball was behind the goalpost.Some of our players really pissed me off but this is not the time for recriminations as I want those same players to go out and hammer Chelsea at Anfield on Tuesday night.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #802: May 05, 2012 11:25:24 pm
      I feel so sorry for Andy scored a good goal and should of had another. You couldn't expect him to do much more with that chance, it was a great save but i still think it went in because it shows the ball was on the line. Yes no goal but i think Cech pushes it back from being the goal for the tinest milla second so you couldnt see it on tape.

I thought two goals and possibly a hatty would be great for him. For anyone but espically him.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #803: May 05, 2012 11:26:46 pm
      Depressing stuff.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #804: May 05, 2012 11:27:12 pm

PS: You can be unlucky during 1 or 2 games not f**king 38 games... I do not accept excuses.

Love to know where you post when we won the league cup or a match, 2 years on this board and you come out with this crap.

Your posts are mediocre does LFC reds need to accept your excuses or can we just boot you too?

Quick Reply