Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Ian Ayre - Reds have money to spend

Read 6922 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Ian Ayre - Reds have money to spend
      Reply #23: Jan 27, 2012 11:44:29 pm
      When we can get CL spot then the right players will come, so until then there doesn"t seem to be any reason to be spending for the sake of spending.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #24: Jan 28, 2012 12:03:42 am
      When we can get CL spot then the right players will come, so until then there doesn"t seem to be any reason to be spending for the sake of spending.
      There are obvious shortcomings in the outfield dept as well as more immediate concerns in the striker situation, champions league or not.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #25: Jan 28, 2012 12:23:58 am
      8 out of 10 is a bit generous...

I give you..

Flapihandski
      Almunia
      Djourou
      Sweatynacker
      Squillaci
      Diaby (Is he still alive?)
      Arshavin (May as well not be)
      Denilson
      Park
      Chamakh
      Bendtner

Thats in the current squad.

He has signed some crackers but 8 out of 10 is far too generous.

And how much have he spend on them? i cant be arsed to google but i bet you that we wasted alot more on the "wrong" players. btw i would love for some players from your list to join us.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #26: Jan 28, 2012 12:56:06 am
      JenChang88 Jen Chang
      Cavani's price tag already well known to teams within the industry, fact that LFC even made casual contact shows potential intent,,,

TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #27: Jan 28, 2012 01:05:28 am
      JenChang88 Jen Chang
      Cavani's price tag already well known to teams within the industry, fact that LFC even made casual contact shows potential intent,,,

Carroll was the first stupid thing I seen FSG do, I just hope they continue that and put in a stupid bit for Cavani
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #28: Jan 28, 2012 08:27:08 am
      goto agree with this if we can not get the players we want in jan we should wait till the summer .Rafa allways had to go for second choice meybe even 3rd an 4th look at the players we missed out on vidic ronaldo and alves to name just three which would have made a fortune aswell as winning us trophies
      Better to wait for 1st choice  targets,having money in bank That would put us in a strong postion with selling club ie, no installmants upfront cash .Then we can do deals quickly for our 1st choice

Agree totally with this, said as much myself earlier in the month about our transfers:

Look at it this way:

If we were to spend money assuming that the players would get us into the top four, and didn't, that would leave us short-changed for the longer, better value, summer transfer window.

If we can't get the right deal, at the right price, in January, then I don't think the club should spend.

Last January we were right to spend the money we had (regardless of whether you think we bought the right players!), because it was the last window that didn't count towards the financial fair play rules.

I've read people saying we have the Meireles money, but if we end up pissing it away on the wrong player, or gifting it to another club by overspending, it's largely wasted.

I don't believe FSG will try to keep the money, I have faith in them, and believe it is available to Kenny if and when he wants.

But I agree totally with the King wanted to get full value for that money, even if it means waiting until the summer.

But, that said, if a quality player becomes available at an affordable price, we should certainly pounce.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #29: Jan 28, 2012 08:29:42 am
      And how much have he spend on them? i cant be arsed to google but i bet you that we wasted alot more on the "wrong" players. btw i would love for some players from your list to join us.

I can't either, my points not being he isn't a good manager or hasn't signed some fantastic players, just that he doesn't get 8 out of 10 right.

And you would have some from that list at our place? Not for me... Not one of those would get in our side in my opinion. There is a reason they have dropped out of the CL places and challenging for the title. And those players not being top level are a big reason.
      Some in their squad I'd have but not those lot.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #30: Jan 28, 2012 01:20:55 pm
      I can't either, my points not being he isn't a good manager or hasn't signed some fantastic players, just that he doesn't get 8 out of 10 right.

And you would have some from that list at our place? Not for me... Not one of those would get in our side in my opinion. There is a reason they have dropped out of the CL places and challenging for the title. And those players not being top level are a big reason.
      Some in their squad I'd have but not those lot.

Hmm, gotta admit 8 out of 10 was too much but still imo he is one of the best managers when it comes to signings. and i would have taken denilson for a cover up for lucas. Arshavin and even chamakh as a third striker.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #31: Jan 28, 2012 01:41:44 pm
      Hmm, gotta admit 8 out of 10 was too much but still imo he is one of the best managers when it comes to signings. and i would have taken denilson for a cover up for lucas. Arshavin and even chamakh as a third striker.

No offence mate but i'm sort of glad you are not Dalglish if you would want to sign Arshavin or Chamakh who are piss poor.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #32: Jan 28, 2012 03:56:05 pm
      No offence mate but i'm sort of glad you are not Dalglish if you would want to sign Arshavin or Chamakh who are piss poor.
      None taken. I am not saying we should go for them now but id take arshavin over maxi and chamakh as a bosman signing like arsenal did.
      You cant deny that they wont improve our squad, so why not?
      Jmase77
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 401 posts |
      Reply #33: Jan 28, 2012 07:13:28 pm
      None taken. I am not saying we should go for them now but id take arshavin over maxi and chamakh as a bosman signing like arsenal did.
      You cant deny that they wont improve our squad, so why not?
      Don't think Arshaven would improve us he's terrible at the moment
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #34: Jan 28, 2012 08:38:16 pm
      I was gutted when Arsenal signed Arshavin as i was desperate for us to sign him. He would have suited how we played under Rafa perfectly in the hole behind Torres or at inside left but he seems to have lost his way at Arsenal and has never really found his role in that side. Still a good player in my book though.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #35: Jan 28, 2012 09:27:55 pm
      Tomorrow Mirror is going with.............

David Stubbs
      Back of Sundays Manc Mirror. City snub #Lfc offer of swapping Andy Carroll for Carlos Tevez.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #36: Jan 28, 2012 09:36:40 pm
      Tomorrow Mirror is going with.............

David Stubbs
      Back of Sundays Manc Mirror. City snub #Lfc offer of swapping Andy Carroll for Carlos Tevez.

Sounds far fetched to me but ya never know!

I'd actually be up for that!
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #37: Jan 28, 2012 10:14:38 pm
      Sounds far fetched to me but ya never know!

I'd actually be up for that!

On the Bible sh*t source and a waste of money sure he is 4-6 weeks away from fitness...http://footy-bible.co.uk/liverpool-transfer-rumours-liverpool-to-make-truly-shocking-loan-move-for-carlos-tevez
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #38: Jan 29, 2012 03:26:43 pm

I think he is a top manager, and I think the Arsenal fans questioning him and slagging him off are a discrace. It was more the amount rather than his overall ability to pick up good signings. All managers make signings that don't work that's just the nature of the job.

If we were talking when they were signed then fair enough but now? They havent kicked on, would I have Chamakh? No, his confidence is shot and has shown virtually nothing since being there. Arshavin was good when he first arrived but his attitude stinks now, head always down, never works back and is touching 30. Denison was shipped back to Brazil for apparent discipline and attitude issues according to a mate of mine who is a season ticket holder there.

Some in their squad I'd like but not any from that list personally.

Great manager though.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #39: Jan 29, 2012 04:44:17 pm
      Still in with a shout of top 4, Wembley final booked last 16 home tie in the FA cup.If we could sign 2 great players we could still have a fantastic season.Getting a nice refreshed Luis back will be like a new signing.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #40: Jan 29, 2012 07:37:37 pm
      F**k Tevez,i wouldn't want that spoiled kunt anywhere near our club, even if we were scratching our arses in the 'R' zone i wouldn't have him, he thinks he's bigger than any club he has been to, including City, who are richer than most, we want players who will run thru brick walls for Kenny, not egotistcal f***in morons who think they have god given right to play when they say so,  thanks but no thanks,

i agree we need to strengthen, especially up top, but what's the point in just signing for signing's sake, we should only bring players in who are the right player, players who will fit the criteria required,so if that type of player is not available during January, there is no point in signing them is there,

it's a bit of a catch 22;, but i trust Kenny and believe he will get the best out of what we have, if he springs a wee surprise on Tuesday pm,then fine, but if not we just battle on,  we just need to BELIEVE

IKWT     YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41: May 21, 2012 08:16:27 pm
      Got money.
      Not spending.
      OK.

So we are on for 4th then?

We weren't  ......and we didnt Stu.

ste1986
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #42: May 24, 2012 08:50:46 pm
      strange line from IA. Always fairly cagey with the press but seems to be opening up a bit more lately

Quick Reply