Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Fabio Borini (Roma)

Read 29549 times
      LFCexiled
      Fabio Borini (Roma)
      Jun 10, 2012 07:28:29 pm
      Talksport I know but still something to while away the summer rain.  ;)
      Could Italy's young Euro 2012 striker be a Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool signing?
      Borini in action for Italy's under-21s, before he made the step up to the senior side
      Borini in action for Italy's under-21s, before he made the step up to the senior side At just 21, Fabio Borini is part of Italy's Euro 2012 squad and, interestingly for Liverpool fans, he's already played for new Reds boss Brendan Rodgers twice already during his short career. Having spent last season on loan at Roma, Borini's future is far from certain and with Liverpool looking for young attacking talent, Borini could well fit the bill. Name: Fabio Borini
       Date of birth: 29 March 1991
       Birthplace: Bentivoglio
       Position: Striker
       Club: Roma
       International appearances: 1 cap (prior to Euro 2012)
      What's the latest?
       Borini is actually co-owned by current club Roma and Parma, who signed him from Chelsea in 2011, then sent him on loan to the Italian capital. In January 2012, Borini was bought outright by Roma, but Parma retain part-ownership, meaning they will profit from any future sale. After the departure of Roma's coach Luis Enrique at the end of last season, there has been speculation that Borini could move on once again, although the appointment of Zdenek Zeman could be enough to see him stay, despite interest from Paris Saint-Germain and their Italian coach Carlo Ancelotti. Liverpool's Brendan Rodgers has also been keeping an eye on Borini's progress and, now he is at Anfield, possesses the financial clout to potentially tempt the young Italian star back to the Premier League. Borini's agent claims Liverpool already tried to sign the young star from Chelsea in the summer of 2011, but he opted to head back to Italy.
      Did you know?
       1) Borini joined Chelsea at the age of 16 while Brendan Rodgers was reserve team coach.
      2) He started the final few months of Rodgers' time at Stamford Bridge in fine form, scoring 12 goals in 12 games across youth and reserve team level.
      3) Former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti rewarded Borini's progress with a place in the club's 2009-10 Champions League squad. He made his Premier League debut against Spurs and went on to play another three senior games for the club.
      4) A contract dispute limited his involvement at first team level in 2010-11 and he was sent out on loan to Rodgers' Swansea, flourishing in the Championship where he scored six goals in nine games to help the Swans gain top flight promotion.
      5) After a promising first season at Roma, in which he scored nine goals, Borini earned his first full Italy cap - having played at all other representative levels for the national side - in February 2012 and was included in the Euro 2012 squad.
      They say:
       "I am waiting for a call from Parma and Roma to know the intentions of the two clubs. We will evaluate every proposal and choose the best option for Fabio." Borini's agent, Marco Di Marchi, May 2012
      He says:
       "Brendan Rodgers is a good manager and a great person who knows me very well. He is like an uncle because he helped me a lot when I was at Chelsea." Fabio Borini, May 2011
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2012 01:37:13 am by Reslivo »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Re: Fabio Borini - Roma
      Reply #1: Jun 10, 2012 08:23:55 pm
      He has not been on anyone's radar, but his relationship with Rodgers could be a big factor.  Interesting one this...
      LFCexiled
      Reply #2: Jun 10, 2012 08:42:07 pm
      He has not been on anyone's radar, but his relationship with Rodgers could be a big factor.  Interesting one this...

That's what I thought when I read it, unfortunately apart from this article I know nothing of him. I was hoping one of our more informed Euro lads would pop in. I'm sure if Brendan thinks he can do a job he'll have a dip. 6 Goals in 9 games at the Swans but whether he can do the same in the Prem will be down to Brendan to gauge.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 10, 2012 09:08:39 pm
      Apparently had a great season at Roma. Don't know much about him though.
      Torrard
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 10, 2012 10:15:24 pm
      Typical poacher, not very good on the ball but he is fast, strong, determined and deadly on goal.
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 11, 2012 04:50:47 am
      Borini would be a good shout.  Definitely seems like an astute buy if it actually goes through.

In case you were wondering, like I was, what was up with his goal celebration from the youtube vids.  I found this link from his Swansea loan where he explained it.

Also, here is Buck talking about Borini after securing him in the loan deal for Swansea.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #6: Jun 11, 2012 02:25:58 pm
      Typical poacher, not very good on the ball but he is fast, strong, determined and deadly on goal.

And also very young!!  Could be a very good shrewd signing or a complete flop if it comes off....
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #7: Jun 11, 2012 02:29:38 pm
      And also very young!!  Could be a very good shrewd signing or a complete flop if it comes off....

Or something in between...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: Jun 11, 2012 04:34:53 pm
      I wonder if there is any truth on it or if it's just a journalist doing his homework, seeking players who have played for Rodgers before (both at Chelsea and Swansea, in this case) and could be interested in playing for LFC. I admit not watching much of Roma but he must have something about him to make Italy's Euro squad.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #9: Jun 11, 2012 05:01:39 pm
      I wonder if there is any truth on it or if it's just a journalist doing his homework, seeking players who have played for Rodgers before (both at Chelsea and Swansea, in this case) and could be interested in playing for LFC. I admit not watching much of Roma but he must have something about him to make Italy's Euro squad.

This. Could be case of someone just looking back at all the players Rodgers managed. Would be interesting though because I haven't seen his name mentioned anywhere at all.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: Jun 11, 2012 07:52:03 pm
      Never actually heard of him before sounds like he's worth having a look at
      LFCexiled
      Reply #11: Jun 11, 2012 11:40:06 pm

I think for a change it's actually a bit of educated journalism, the author's done their homework and come up with a plausible transfer. Makes a change from the usual sh*te where a journalist has a dream and runs with it. I'd gladly have articles like this every day over the drawl some come up with.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Fabio Borini (AS Roma)
      Reply #12: Jun 17, 2012 11:24:42 am
      "At just 21, Fabio Borini is part of Italy's Euro 2012 squad and, interestingly for Liverpool fans, he's already played for new Reds boss Brendan Rodgers twice already during his short career. Having spent last season on loan at Roma, Borini's future is far from certain and with Liverpool looking for young attacking talent, Borini could well fit the bill."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/120610/could-italys-young-euro-2012-striker-be-brendan-rodgers-liverpool-signin-174074
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Re: Fabio Borini (AS Roma)
      Reply #13: Jun 18, 2012 10:39:30 pm
      Too quick on the trigger on this one, sorry about that. This is the original thread http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,43131.0.html. Mods ?
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #14: Jun 20, 2012 06:35:53 pm
      Ian Abrahams ‏@Moose_talkSPORT
      Hearing Liverpool have made a €15 million bid for Fabio Borini. (via Sport Italia)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Jun 20, 2012 06:39:09 pm
      15m euros? You must be kidding me!!!!
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #16: Jun 20, 2012 06:44:01 pm
      TalkSport? The same guys who promised a certain manager was our manager, and that it was all agreed. When it was total bullshit.

Take it with a shovel of salt.

I know very little about this player, so i won't pretend to know.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #17: Jun 20, 2012 07:03:56 pm

Pretending you are an expert on players you barely watch is what the transfer window is all about.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #18: Jun 20, 2012 07:11:07 pm
      TalkSport? The same guys who promised a certain manager was our manager, and that it was all agreed. When it was total bullshit.

Take it with a shovel of salt.

The information is originally from an Italian journalist called Gianluigi Longari, who was speaking on last night's Sport Italia TV program. According to him, and I don't know of his reputation, we are in negotiations and have bid 15m Euro. Apparently PSG and Hamburg are also interested.

Obviously still unsure as to the reliability of the info, just clarifying the source.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #19: Jun 20, 2012 07:16:31 pm
      Pretending you are an expert on players you barely watch is what the transfer window is all about.

We're all YouTube scouts :).

Last season i said Downing would be brilliant for us, this summer i'm being more cautious in my predictions :laugh:.
      axelharco
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #20: Jun 20, 2012 07:58:58 pm
      I don't expect a great deal of movement this summer, maybe 2-3 signings, no real big names. Howevr, if we get this guy, he'd be a great coup. I've been in Italy 6 months and watched Roma live many times, he looks intelligent, a real goalscorer and he is highly rated amongst the club's fans. If Rodgers could pull this off I'm quite sure it could turn out to be a brilliant buy. He's a good alternative to Carroll, certainly knows where the net is, and will improve ten-fold under Brendan's guidance. £15M seems like a lot, but it would be worth it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #21: Jun 21, 2012 10:50:44 pm
      Liam Tomkins
      Looks like #LFC will be going for Fabio Borini this summer, Rodgers has worked with him at Chelsea & Swansea. Around 9-£10m probable fee.
      Borini is 21, has a goalscoring record at Swansea & Roma of around 0.5 per game. Co-owned by Parma and Roma, who are negotiating to settle.
      Depending on the agreement between Roma & Parma the price could fluctuate, #LFC will wait until that is concluded before making any move.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #22: Jun 22, 2012 08:11:30 am
      The drum roll is getting louder and louder,with his connections to Rodgers it looks like this is one transfer that could be on the cards.

Quick Reply