Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Fabio Borini (Roma)

Read 29556 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Re: Fabio Borini - Roma
      Reply #46: Jun 25, 2012 01:17:58 pm
      Why were we even linked with this player?.

Played under Rodgers just like Gylfi.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #47: Jul 06, 2012 11:14:59 pm
      Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers steps up negotiations to make Roma striker Fabio Borini his first signing

Brendan Rodgers is close to making Roma forward Fabio Borini his first signing as Liverpool manager following lengthy negotiations in Italy.

By Luke Edwards

10:00PM BST 06 Jul 2012

Rodgers worked with Borini when he was a coach in Chelsea's academy and again at Swansea City when the 21 year-old came on loan to the then Championship side in March 2011, scoring six goals in just nine appearances in South Wales.

That temporary move did not lead to a first-team breakthrough at Stamford Bridge and Borini, who moved to London from Bologna as a teenager, returned to Italy after making just three senior appearances.

The Italy Under-21 international, who made his full international debut against the US in February, moved to Parma initially, but was immediately loaned out to Roma, who are believed to have an option to buy for £7 million.

Despite failing to make an impact at Chelsea, Borini has flourished on his return to his homeland and Rodgers saw enough of him at Swansea to believe he is good enough to slot into the Liverpool team on the right of a three-man strike-force.

The deal is slightly complicated by the fact Borini is co-owned by Parma and Roma, with each holding a 50 per cent stake, which means Liverpool will have to reach an agreement with both clubs to finalise the move.

However, it is unlikely Liverpool would be expected to pay much more than the £7m price Roma had agreed with Parma as part of their loan agreement.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9382716/Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-steps-up-negotiations-to-make-Roma-striker-Fabio-Borini-his-first-signing.html

Could this be back on?
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #48: Jul 07, 2012 12:05:23 am
      HTH, that article doesn't make sense.  ???  Luke Edwards doesn't seem to know that:

"Roma recently paid Parma €5.3 million in a blind auction to clinch the remainder of Borini's sporting rights, having seen him score nine goals in 24 Serie A appearances last season."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1115411/fabio-borini-sees-future-at-roma---agent?cc=5901

If you read the link, he's happy that this has been resolved, he's at Roma now, etc.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #49: Jul 07, 2012 12:13:31 am
      HTH, that article doesn't make sense.  ???  Luke Edwards doesn't seem to know that:

"Roma recently paid Parma €5.3 million in a blind auction to clinch the remainder of Borini's sporting rights, having seen him score nine goals in 24 Serie A appearances last season."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1115411/fabio-borini-sees-future-at-roma---agent?cc=5901

If you read the link, he's happy that this has been resolved, he's at Roma now, etc.

A transfer away from Roma is not impossible. He is now fully owned by them instead of a split with Parma, so it just means that if he did move then Roma would receive all of the proceeds of the sale. It's possible he has had or will have a change of heart about staying there.
      ChaChaMooMoo
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      • NEVER BUY THE S*N. Justice for the 96 souls.
      Reply #50: Jul 07, 2012 12:24:41 am
      Was the telegraph journalist on a F***ing coma or what? Borini is fully owned by Roma now.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #51: Jul 07, 2012 02:23:27 am
      Yes. Yes. Yes. Sign this lad. We've been crying out for a poacher like him for years.

Now that Roma own him outright, this just means that if we want him, Roma will earn more from the transfer than they would have if they only partially owned him. I could be wrong, but I reckon them buying him outright shows their awareness that he's a wanted man and they want to cash in from that.

I could be wrong, though. Could just be co-incidence. Juve will probably snatch him from us for 4million anyway.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #52: Jul 07, 2012 02:31:17 am
      A transfer away from Roma is not impossible. He is now fully owned by them instead of a split with Parma, so it just means that if he did move then Roma would receive all of the proceeds of the sale. It's possible he has had or will have a change of heart about staying there.
      I'm not really disagreeing with you, just that the journo was too lazy to bother to google and find out what happened. Which leads me to believe he just rehashed his last article on Borini in order to fill up a page today.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #53: Jul 07, 2012 06:33:05 am
      Always worry about Italians coming here. I get this hunch that they won't settle, get homesick, rock the boat and then frig off.

Maybe the Aquilani situation has scarred me, I don't know.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #54: Jul 07, 2012 10:39:09 am
      I'm not really disagreeing with you, just that the journo was too lazy to bother to google and find out what happened. Which leads me to believe he just rehashed his last article on Borini in order to fill up a page today.

It does seem that we are getting linked with most of the players BR has ever worked with before.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #55: Jul 07, 2012 10:45:30 am
      Has he not signed for Roma already ???

If so, I think I am right in saying he would not be able to join another team. Please correct me if I am wrong.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #56: Jul 08, 2012 02:53:45 pm
      If it's true that this Journo didn't google nowt and just rehashed some old speculation, he should be singled out repeatedly.. Cock!!..
      liverpoollovefc
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #57: Jul 08, 2012 07:32:40 pm
      Leave it to good old journos to post absolute garbage... I was surprised to read this pop up again.  Borini seems a decent player, but there just never seemed any backing behind the claims.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #58: Jul 09, 2012 08:23:41 pm
      BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
      Roma forward Fabio Borini is expected to become Brendan Rodgers' first signing as Liverpool manager #bbcfootball

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
      Fabio Borini is likely (note likely) to become Rodgers' first signing as #LFC manager. Deal not done yet though.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #59: Jul 09, 2012 08:25:15 pm
      Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
      Fabio Borini is likely (note likely) to become Rodgers' first signing as #LFC manager. Deal not done yet though.

Just saw that myself, i haven't ever seen him play. To those that have, what are his key attributes?
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #60: Jul 09, 2012 08:26:17 pm
      Tony Barret also suggesting he is likely to be our first signing
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #61: Jul 09, 2012 08:31:16 pm
      Just read those tweets from the BBC and Ben Smith. Shocked to say the least. Know next to nothing about him except he played for Swansea. However, if it is true, would shock me. What is his position? Attributes?
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #62: Jul 09, 2012 08:32:01 pm
      Striker. Poacher from what i've seen others write, don't know much about him myself.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #63: Jul 09, 2012 08:39:13 pm
      Just read those tweets from the BBC and Ben Smith. Shocked to say the least. Know next to nothing about him except he played for Swansea. However, if it is true, would shock me. What is his position? Attributes?

Hes a forward

Played under Rodgers at Chelsea's Academy & he took him on loan while at Swansea, where he did decent I presume.

Was in the Italy squad for the Euros.

...Thats all I know!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #64: Jul 09, 2012 08:46:13 pm
      Scored 6 in 9 games at Swansea, and 9 in 24 at Roma. Decent record.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #65: Jul 09, 2012 08:46:53 pm
      I would look this signing with positivity. Honestly never saw too much of him but seems to be just the kind of player we'll need under Rodgers. Can score goals and is an extremely hard worker, something extremely important for the pressing game we're supposed to be seeing next season. We'll miss that aspect of Dirk Kuyt's game so hopefully Borini will provide the same kind of work rate.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #66: Jul 09, 2012 08:57:02 pm
      I would look this signing with positivity. Honestly never saw too much of him but seems to be just the kind of player we'll need under Rodgers. Can score goals and is an extremely hard worker, something extremely important for the pressing game we're supposed to be seeing next season. We'll miss that aspect of Dirk Kuyt's game so hopefully Borini will provide the same kind of work rate.

I've seen absolutely nothing of him either. Had a fine spell for Swansea in the Championship for the few games he was there that is all I know. Clearly he is well thought of in Italy. Progressing right up to making the squad for Euro 2012 it says on his wikipedia page. I'd be surprised to find anyone who knows anything about him and even more surprised to pass judgement on the signing.

But he's a striker and no doubt will add to the options in a department which has been thin on the ground for many years now. Rodger's transfer record at Swansea was pretty good so I'm hopeful on that basis in that he knows exactly what he is buying. He seems like a manager who thrives on certainty.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #67: Jul 09, 2012 08:59:23 pm
      His Wiki page says he plays for us  :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabio_Borini
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #68: Jul 09, 2012 09:02:03 pm
      Not another Italian , lads come on we all know they don"t travel too well , he"d be homesick after a few weeks.

Quick Reply