Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Choc Ice!

Read 11964 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Choc Ice!
      Jul 17, 2012 12:29:14 pm
      Police investigate 'choc ice' tweet

Police have confirmed they have begun investigations over alleged racial abuse towards Ashley Cole on Twitter.

Rio Ferdinand made headlines over the weekend when he retweeted a comment labelling Cole a "choc ice" over his decision to support John Terry in court after he was accused of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.

Ferdinand had tweeted: "I hear you fella! Choc ice is classic hahahahahahha!!"

The term is often taken to mean 'black on the outside and white on the inside', though the Manchester United defender insisted that was not his understanding of the phrase, tweeting: "What I said yesterday is not a racist term. Its a type of slang/term used by many for someone who is being fake. So there."

However, several Twitter users have complained to police that Chelsea left-back Cole had been the victim of racial abuse and an investigation is now underway over the original "choc ice" tweet, which was believed to have been made by a user in the Derbyshire area.

A spokeswoman for Derbyshire Constabulary said: "We have received complaints from members of the public regarding alleged racist comments made on a social networking site.

"These concerns will be fully investigated to establish whether any criminal offences have been committed."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1125150/police-investigate-alleged-racial-abuse-of-ashley-cole?cc=5739
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Choc Ice!
      Reply #1: Jul 17, 2012 12:35:56 pm
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #2: Jul 17, 2012 05:55:41 pm
      I love choc ices, but hate ashley cole. Where do i stand in this debate?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3: Jul 17, 2012 07:48:09 pm
      Be careful with what you say on twitter kids....or else the state will hunt you down! Despite the fact I wouldn't use the term choc ice I think this case just shows a worrying trend of the state investigating matters like these. Anyone remember the trial of Paul Chambers below? Just one of many in the last couple of years that has got ridiculously out of hand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_Paul_Chambers
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #4: Jul 17, 2012 07:50:38 pm
      Police investigate 'choc ice' tweet

Police have confirmed they have begun investigations over alleged racial abuse towards Ashley Cole on Twitter.

Rio Ferdinand made headlines over the weekend when he retweeted a comment labelling Cole a "choc ice" over his decision to support John Terry in court after he was accused of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.

Ferdinand had tweeted: "I hear you fella! Choc ice is classic hahahahahahha!!"

The term is often taken to mean 'black on the outside and white on the inside', though the Manchester United defender insisted that was not his understanding of the phrase, tweeting: "What I said yesterday is not a racist term. Its a type of slang/term used by many for someone who is being fake. So there."

However, several Twitter users have complained to police that Chelsea left-back Cole had been the victim of racial abuse and an investigation is now underway over the original "choc ice" tweet, which was believed to have been made by a user in the Derbyshire area.

A spokeswoman for Derbyshire Constabulary said: "We have received complaints from members of the public regarding alleged racist comments made on a social networking site.

"These concerns will be fully investigated to establish whether any criminal offences have been committed."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1125150/police-investigate-alleged-racial-abuse-of-ashley-cole?cc=5739
      Hahaha F***ing woppers.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5: Jul 17, 2012 07:52:27 pm
      Me....

What iced product are you? ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #6: Jul 17, 2012 07:56:53 pm
      I love choc ices, but hate ashley cole. Where do i stand in this debate?
      I am very partial to the treat meself mate but the quality of some choc ices has really deteriorated of late to the point of being absolute F***ing sh*te.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #7: Jul 17, 2012 08:24:50 pm
      Me....

that looks nice , i"m popping down to the shop to get me a black beauty. :)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #8: Jul 17, 2012 08:27:26 pm

The one on top:

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #9: Jul 17, 2012 08:28:11 pm

You had your assets frozen Rep?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #10: Jul 17, 2012 08:31:39 pm
      Twitter ... that's why I never want to use that.

So many incidents have arise from that social networking site.

Most of the things that have happened on that site or blown out of proportion by the media from that site are things every single person probably have done, does or will do in their daily life.

If charges and arrests are to be made, the whole world should be arrested and charged.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Jul 17, 2012 11:18:51 pm

I'm the one on the right.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3385 
      Reply #12: Jul 18, 2012 01:22:07 am
      First thing I thought of when I heard this was the Fawlty Towers episode where Basil pretends he's forgotten his and Sybil's anniversary.

While Basil and Sybil's friends, who Basil has invited without telling Sybil, wait outside her room thinking she's ill (she's really fu**ed off to play golf because she's pissed off with Basil for forgetting the anniversary) Basil asks them if they'd like anything and one of their friends, Roger, asks for a choc ice.

(2/2) Fawlty Towers - The Anniversary (S02 E05) (about 7 mins in)
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #13: Jul 18, 2012 03:22:06 am
      omg racism!! everyone riot!!!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14: Jul 18, 2012 03:27:44 am
      First thing I thought of when I heard this was the Fawlty Towers episode where Basil pretends he's forgotten his and Sybil's anniversary.

While Basil and Sybil's friends, who Basil has invited without telling Sybil, wait outside her room thinking she's ill (she's really fu**ed off to play golf because she's pissed off with Basil for forgetting the anniversary) Basil asks them if they'd like anything and one of their friends, Roger, asks for a choc ice.

(2/2) Fawlty Towers - The Anniversary (S02 E05) (about 7 mins in)

:D

I was just watching this very episode a few nights ago. Hadn't seen it in a while! Never ever gets old.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Jul 18, 2012 03:34:57 am
      This is just a masive facepalm.

I hate Rio but seriously, if this gets police attention then come to where i live and half the people would be in a prison cell.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Jul 18, 2012 03:49:31 am
      I don't think it is Rio that is in bother, more the guy who tweeted to Rio in the first place.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #17: Jul 18, 2012 11:43:23 am
      Me....

You're Vanilla Ice? You've got some 'splaining to do.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #18: Jul 18, 2012 11:40:21 pm
      You're Vanilla Ice? You've got some 'splaining to do.

Yo....

One short life and I can't die
      Some got more pricks than a motherfuckin porcupine
      Still I'm waiting, waiting to die
      Cause I burn like your mother says, boil like your father's pride

You can't F**k wit my licks mo fo.

I think I've just turned.....

I'm now a profiterole.

luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #19: Jul 19, 2012 04:56:51 am
      United have enough political power to make this go away. Just ask Luis.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #20: Jul 19, 2012 05:50:53 am
      The manicured racism being associated with a familiar ice cream description and ridiculously so, must surely be compared to the equally sculptured racism charge by the FA and Co. on Luis Suarez.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #21: Jul 19, 2012 08:50:18 am
      "Fake" my hairy hole. Ferdinand knows exactly what "Choc-Ice" means; just as that other c**t Piara Powar knew what he meant when he called a Liverpool fan a "Coconut".

I couldn't give a F**k what anyone is called but then again I'm not a team-mate of Evra's or a brother of Anton's and I haven't been up in arms and very vocal about the perceived racism they 'suffered'.  ;)

If I was, however, I'd be wary about using or repeating racist language myself; in fear of being a labeled a F***ing HYPOCRITE.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #22: Jul 19, 2012 10:14:31 am
      Me....

This bi*ch all day long!!

"Fake" my hairy hole. Ferdinand knows exactly what "Choc-Ice" means; just as that other c**t Piara Powar knew what he meant when he called a Liverpool fan a "Coconut".

I couldn't give a F**k what anyone is called but then again I'm not a team-mate of Evra's or a brother of Anton's and I haven't been up in arms and very vocal about the perceived racism they 'suffered'.  ;)

If I was, however, I'd be wary about using or repeating racist language myself; in fear of being a labeled a F***ing HYPOCRITE.

It's just slang they use in the hood, innit!!

Quick Reply