Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man of the Match tonight?

Nuri Sahin
      77 (67%)
      Suso
      3 (2.6%)
      Danny Pacheco
      2 (1.7%)
      Oussama Assaidi
      29 (25.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Jamie Carragher
      2 (1.7%)
      Samed Yesil
      0 (0%)
      Sebastian Coates
      1 (0.9%)
      Someone else?
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 112

West Brom 1:2 Liverpool In game & post match delight.

Read 28016 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: West Brom 1:2 Liverpool In game & post match delight.
      Reply #506: Sep 26, 2012 10:18:02 pm
      Sounds like a lot of us got the score right tonight

Noticed that too.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #507: Sep 26, 2012 10:21:01 pm
      Gunna feel weird having positivity on the forum for the next 2 days at least!

Where are the doom-mongers at?!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #508: Sep 26, 2012 10:22:47 pm
      Probably the best performance from Pacheco for 3 years, while Assaidi again showed he has a lot to offer and can beat players for fun. Sahin looks ready now and it will be a toss up who gets the nod between Coates and Carra to partner Skrtel against Norwich.

Really pleased with our second goal, our best worked goal of the season so far.   
      redcod81
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #509: Sep 26, 2012 10:23:13 pm
      This young team is great to watch and fully deserved the result . Sahin MOM for me closely followed by Assaidi , Sahin got it for me not just for the 2 goals but he hardly gave the ball away all night and helped win it back a few times to help Henderson out. Assaidi was a great outlet on the wing ,great pace and very direct with a few tricks mixed in too .His performance just underlined how poor Downing is  .Downing  is showing none of the qualities i've mentioned above and only floated in a couple of poor crosses. Hendo had another solid game mopping up and working hard which is good to see .Samed Yesil had good energy and linked up nicely with Pacheco at times and the shot he did get away was a real thump which was straight at Foster but caused the keeper all kinds of trouble with it's pace and power. Robinson looked shakey at the start but grew very well in the game . Great to see Brad Jones put his early mistake behind him and come to take crosses in our box very well during the second half .Suso came on and played a clever part in goal drawing in the defenders to leave Assaidi free to cross .Already looking forward to watching these kids again and they deserve every single plaudit that is sent their way tonight .YNWA!!
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #510: Sep 26, 2012 10:23:48 pm
      Probably the best performance from Pacheco for 3 years, while Assaidi again showed he has a lot to offer and can beat players for fun. Sahin looks ready now and it will be a toss up who gets the nod between Coates and Carra to partner Skrtel against Norwich.

Really pleased with our second goal, our best worked goal of the season so far.   

Definitely.  Was a joy to watch that one.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #511: Sep 26, 2012 10:24:33 pm
      Gunna feel weird having positivity on the forum for the next 2 days at least!

Where are the doom-mongers at?!

Some tit will arrive and ruin it, dont worry about that
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #512: Sep 26, 2012 10:26:49 pm
      Get some of these lads in the first team for the league games, it'll only do them good and they're bearing big pieces of juicy fruit!

"We're on the march with Brendan's Aaaaarmy" - I can sense it!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #513: Sep 26, 2012 10:32:28 pm
      Impressive from the young kids. A 2-1 win away to a premier league team is a great result like.

Majority of the team impresses, we all know the one who didn't. I'm usually a backer of Downing when he does decent but he just didn't show that tonight. Got shown up by teenagers.

Sahin bossed the first half, Pacheco in the second. Good performance, good result, on to the 4th round.

Credit to all involved in the academy set up.
      sofkop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #514: Sep 26, 2012 10:48:05 pm
      I think Henderson needs to pass forwards a little bit more, I thought he was decent tonight and played well with Sahin. Helped us recycle possession quite a bit and dominate that midfield but a lot of his passes do little to relieve the pressure off our defenders which is what his job was. He still panics on the ball. He's just nowhere near as classy a footballer as Sahin or Allen but I suppose he can't help that. Nonetheless, it is great we have him so that Allen/Gerrard etc aren't forced to play every match. And we don't have to play an unseasoned child in there either. Great option for rotation but holy sh't am I glad he isn't a guaranteed starter anymore.

Downing, poor, poor, poor. Will it ever change with him? Assaidi, recieves ball, runs straight at fullback.. clever skill and has the beating of him 9/10 times. Assisted the goal. Downing, recieve the ball, pull it back and pass back to the defender or put in sh'tty cross when no one is in the box. Does he not, as a 27 year old, have the nous to have a quick peek to see if anybody is there? He has no vision, he just DOES. Like a robot.

Sahin is just so classy. To think he's not even at full throttle yet. It's scary to think what it will be like when he gets to play with Lucas and Allen if he can reach that form he had for Dortmund. He's world class, a game changer and a sight for sore eyes. He ran our midfield tonight and got a brace. Couldn't ask for more from him.

Wisdom/Coates/Carragher were all superb tonight. Wisdom showed more nous and tactical/technical ability than Downing has all season. Should never have got booked. Coates never put a foot wrong, surely has to be a shoe in to start against Norwich? Carragher was a great leader. 

Brad Jones grew with confidence as the game went on. Didn't do that well for the first goal but came to collect, punch and claim everything else and some great saves in their too. Well in lad.

Jack Robinson got beat a few times by the winger he was marking but nothing significant. Decent from him. He  paired well with Assaidi.

Pacheco was better in the second half. Yesil got bullied off the ball a few times and his decision making was kind of poor but otherwise he looks a good player if not slightly light weight. I'm sure he'll grow into it. This was his first match. Suso is just another one who is absolutely silky on the ball. Seriously, just beautiful.

Brendan Rodgers doesn't half make a good substitution?

I feel like our entire team is just oozing in technical ability. It makes me smile.. from Henderson, Adam, Spearing, Downing... to what we've got now.  It definitely makes me feel a lot better. We've still got to see if they DO any better.
      redlawler
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #515: Sep 26, 2012 10:48:08 pm
      the future looks good the hunger the drive was so impressive you could tell these lads have played together for a couple of years.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #516: Sep 26, 2012 10:49:13 pm
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #517: Sep 26, 2012 10:49:16 pm
      Impressive from the young kids. A 2-1 win away to a premier league team is a great result like.

Majority of the team impresses, we all know the one who didn't. I'm usually a backer of Downing when he does decent but he just didn't show that tonight. Got shown up by teenagers.

Sahin bossed the first half, Pacheco in the second. Good performance, good result, on to the 4th round.

Credit to all involved in the academy set up.

Spot on mate. I thought the team tonight looked much more comfortable playing Brendan's way than the first team do. Maybe it's harder to teach old dogs new tricks?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #518: Sep 26, 2012 10:50:05 pm
      Some tit will arrive and ruin it, dont worry about that

Evening ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #519: Sep 26, 2012 10:50:55 pm
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #520: Sep 26, 2012 10:52:37 pm
      Gutted I missed that sounds like I missed a cracker.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #521: Sep 26, 2012 10:52:57 pm

Cheers mate :D

The young lads had a cracking game tonight - hopefully see Robinson and Sahin play on sat
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #522: Sep 26, 2012 10:54:52 pm

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #523: Sep 26, 2012 10:55:14 pm
      Spot on mate. I thought the team tonight looked much more comfortable playing Brendan's way than the first team do. Maybe it's harder to teach old dogs new tricks?

Probably the latter with regard to the older players mate, yeah. The kids have looked more comfortable with the tactics than the older lads.

It could be due to a number of things, like the extra time they have spent with him on pre-season, maybe the trust him more as they see him as their manager whereas the older lads are now into the 2nd, 3rd, 4rth or even 5th Liverpool manager. It could be largely down to the way they play in the academy and how they are brought up in the passing, possession & movement philosophy.

Onwards and upwards for them anyways! 
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #524: Sep 26, 2012 10:56:44 pm
      Probably the latter with regard to the older players mate, yeah. The kids have looked more comfortable with the tactics than the older lads.

It could be due to a number of things, like the extra time they have spent with him on pre-season, maybe the trust him more as they see him as their manager whereas the older lads are now into the 2nd, 3rd, 4rth or even 5th Liverpool manager. It could be largely down to the way they play in the academy and how they are brought up in the passing, possession & movement philosophy.

The lads have been playing those tactics for 3 years now mate - it's what Borrell implemented along with Rafa
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #525: Sep 26, 2012 10:58:53 pm
      The young lads were brilliant tonight, Sahin and Suso + others played a blinder, I must say Carragher marshalled them well very happy  ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,632 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #526: Sep 26, 2012 11:01:42 pm

We play a pressing 4-2-3-1 passing game at youth level.
      All bar Sinclair have come through with Rodolfo.
      They have been consistently educated the right way.
      That in a period of massive instability for the first team.
      Players, managers and systems all changing.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #527: Sep 26, 2012 11:07:57 pm

I thought the same thing a few times throughout tonight's game.  They seem much more comfortable in their quick passes.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #528: Sep 26, 2012 11:11:09 pm
      The lads have been playing those tactics for 3 years now mate - it's what Borrell implemented along with Rafa

We play a pressing 4-2-3-1 passing game at youth level.
      All bar Sinclair have come through with Rodolfo.
      They have been consistently educated the right way.
      That in a period of massive instability for the first team.
      Players, managers and systems all changing.

Just goes to show that a continued system can have a very good affect on the players. Surely over time the older players should get more used to it and maybe perform in the system as well as the youngsters. We can see why Allen has settled in so well so quickly, he knows the system.

Once we get managerial and tactical consistency, only good things can happen.   

Quick Reply