Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4247948 times
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 156 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #17664: Aug 30, 2014 05:08:06 pm
      Thank you stoke year after the prove to be a tough challenge for all big teams . I'm so happy city lost now we need Chelsea and arsenal at least a draw and we have to win tomorrow , we have easy games coming up :)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17665: Aug 30, 2014 05:20:58 pm
      If Falcao goes to city seriously how can we gonna compete against them ? , they don't need Falcao they have already four strikers which 3 of them are top class already , are they just buying for the sake it ?
      Sometimes I think that city and Chelsea plans are buy whoever f**ker and then try to isolate us and arsenal and utd , seems like they want to turn the PL into la ligua two teams that will have huge margin over the others .

Not sure why you're getting so emotional about it, have you not considered that they might be about to sell Negredo?
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 263 
      Reply #17666: Aug 30, 2014 05:30:49 pm
      Falcao 's thread is locked because  his last news was that he is gone to Real
       Now it seems he is not going to Real,  He is coming to the premiership, No not with LFC but with Man.City
          its reported he is in the stands at stoke  watching the game  ready to sign for the champs 
      He was in the monaco squad  than he was called out of it and went to the stands there
        breaking news from the fox sports commentator

YNWA

I'm watching Monaco v Lille game mate (just for Origi), I think it's Faccao in the stand, if I saw irt right :)

Edit : Sorry I'm just see your original post mate.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 263 
      Reply #17667: Aug 30, 2014 05:40:00 pm
      Thank you stoke year after the prove to be a tough challenge for all big teams . I'm so happy city lost now we need Chelsea and arsenal at least a draw and we have to win tomorrow , we have easy games coming up :)

Off topic but re Chelsea now they are 2-0 up just within 3 mintues mate, the game not over yet anyway :D

Agreed re Stoke won against Man City mate, good for us :)

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 156 
      Reply #17668: Aug 30, 2014 07:22:01 pm
      I could see Costa on top scorer league easily , He's a terrific finisher .
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #17669: Aug 30, 2014 08:20:38 pm
      If Falcao goes to city seriously how can we gonna compete against them ? , they don't need Falcao they have already four strikers which 3 of them are top class already , are they just buying for the sake it ?
      Sometimes I think that city and Chelsea plans are buy whoever f**ker and then try to isolate us and arsenal and utd , seems like they want to turn the PL into la ligua two teams that will have huge margin over the others .

Personally don't think that could happen. Yes, there is to an extent a current monopoly of league status because of who your owners are or how 'big' a club you are in general, but the way the PL divvies out the cash is far fairer and at least gives a larger proportion of teams a better fighting chance.

It'll make a bit of a change really in the fact that the league is acquiring a 'world-class' player as opposed to a top-class player coming here, realising his full potential and honing his skills in the best league in the world before being inevitably enticed and tapped-up by Real or Barca. He could turn out to be a bag of shi*e here. When I think back at all the money that the Chavs and the Scum have spent on supposed already established world-class, I can't remember too many being a success and being able to cut it in the PL. Veron, Crespo & Shevchenko spring to mind.

It's a pissing contest. La Liga (or Real and Barca more specifically) will always draw the very best world class players but they'll never get the excitement and the atmosphere created by the PL that fans around the world crave to see - and crucially, the revenues the EPL generates.

Wasn't there an interview during the WC where I think the CEO of La Liga or wherever said that they're jealous of the finances created in the EPL and vowed to buy the worlds top 500 players to try and smash that dominance of the markets.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2856 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17670: Aug 30, 2014 08:46:50 pm
      Would anyone objet to us going for Cech?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17671: Aug 30, 2014 08:48:25 pm

I'd absolutely love it mate, world class keeper.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #17672: Aug 30, 2014 08:55:04 pm

Wasn't there an interview during the WC where I think the CEO of La Liga or wherever said that they're jealous of the finances created in the EPL and vowed to buy the worlds top 500 players to try and smash that dominance of the markets.

I would be shocked if they catch up to the PL anytime soon. Have you seen the Spanish economy? It makes Britian look like the United States or some rich country like Switzerland.

If anything their local TV deals will drop when those unemployed in Spain (25% unemployment and 50% youth unemployment) start cancelling their TV subscriptions, which will happen.

Barcelona and Real Madrid will remain rich but it'll be the same old dominance. Buying the top 500 players won't do anything to change that. They need all 20 teams to have similar quality of players to make the results unpredictable. If anything, it'd make it more predictable.

The Bundesliga will be the biggest competition to the PL IMO, and that won't happen if Bayern win by 20 points for many seasons.

I'd love him. Cech is brilliant and would improve us significantly. Would give us an extra 5 points a season just from his ability.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #17673: Aug 30, 2014 09:04:47 pm
      I would be shocked if they catch up to the PL anytime soon. Have you seen the Spanish economy? It makes Britian look like the United States or some rich country like Switzerland.

If anything their local TV deals will drop when those unemployed in Spain (25% unemployment and 50% youth unemployment) start cancelling their TV subscriptions, which will happen.

Barcelona and Real Madrid will remain rich but it'll be the same old dominance. Buying the top 500 players won't do anything to change that. They need all 20 teams to have similar quality of players to make the results unpredictable. If anything, it'd make it more predictable.

The Bundesliga will be the biggest competition to the PL IMO, and that won't happen if Bayern win by 20 points for many seasons.

I'd love him. Cech is brilliant and would improve us significantly. Would give us an extra 5 points a season just from his ability.

That's just it, they want and are after 'worldwide' rights. That's where the money is.

Found the article BTW - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28542813
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #17674: Aug 30, 2014 09:59:59 pm

He is on 100k a week - I don't think we'd be against that, but he'd be coming as first choice, which I'm pretty sure we aren't looking for.
      Excellent player though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6407 
      Reply #17675: Aug 30, 2014 11:52:56 pm

Hell no, but he'd have to wear a red helmet.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17676: Aug 31, 2014 12:07:12 am
      Hell no, but he'd have to wear a red helmet.

In all honesty, would you take Cech, a keeper that is 32 who at times is excellent but also a tad limited in his range over Brendan's personal selection of 26 year old Mignolet?
      I put their ages in just as a fact and not as an indicator of longterm presence for us.

Just interested.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6407 
      Reply #17677: Aug 31, 2014 12:19:32 am
      In all honesty, would you take Cech, a keeper that is 32 who at times is excellent but also a tad limited in his range over Brendan's personal selection of 26 year old Mignolet?
      I put their ages in just as a fact and not as an indicator of longterm presence for us.

Just interested.

I'd take Cech as someone to challenge and possibly overtake Migs. I'm all for competition as it makes both players better. 
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17678: Aug 31, 2014 12:22:10 am
      I'd take Cech as someone to challenge and possibly overtake Migs. I'm all for competition as it makes both players better. 

Agree on the need for proper competition for all positions, but would you really sign Cech, a player who has been 1st pick for Chelsea for many many years and then try and get close or match his 100,000 a week?
      Honestly?
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #17679: Aug 31, 2014 12:30:41 am
      That's just it, they want and are after 'worldwide' rights. That's where the money is.

Found the article BTW - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28542813

Yeah but the majority of it will come from domestic broadcasters.

Like BT and Sky pay the majority of that £3 billion bill it costs them to have the rights to the PL.

Spanish broadcasters won't pay nearly as much, and Barcelona and Madrid have said they still want to earn the same amount of money that they currently get in this new deal. Not even the top clubs in the PL get what Madrid and Barcelona do.

It'd still heavily favour the two Spanish coubs.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6407 
      Reply #17680: Aug 31, 2014 01:11:09 am
      Agree on the need for proper competition for all positions, but would you really sign Cech, a player who has been 1st pick for Chelsea for many many years and then try and get close or match his 100,000 a week?
      Honestly?

Yes, is it ok that I hold that opinion?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17681: Aug 31, 2014 01:18:31 am
      Yes, is it ok that I hold that opinion?

Easy tiger.
      I was just wanted to know whether your point about him having to wear a 'red helmet' was a flippant joke or that you actually believe he would be a good signing for us with all things considered.
      Labor day Weekend fella...enjoy it....just being curious
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17682: Aug 31, 2014 01:30:15 am
      So with transfer deadline day approaching, anyone think anymore players are going out?
      Agger has just gone back to Denmark...robinson to QPR.
      Any more?
      I think Fabio will stay....and also Lucas.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6407 
      Reply #17683: Aug 31, 2014 02:34:42 am
      Easy tiger.
      I was just wanted to know whether your point about him having to wear a 'red helmet' was a flippant joke or that you actually believe he would be a good signing for us with all things considered.
      Labor day Weekend fella...enjoy it....just being curious
      The red helmet bit was my attempt at some lighthearted humor. I guess it didn't work ;D

Yes I think he would be a good signing.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17684: Aug 31, 2014 03:30:36 am
      The red helmet bit was my attempt at some lighthearted humor. I guess it didn't work ;D

Yes I think he would be a good signing.

Right.
      Got it.
      Personally i think that if BR was to buy Cech then its a huge statement that Mig isn't his first pick and that Cech will be.
      I think thats wrong.
      I think we need either a young and very talented keeper or one that is very experienced and willing to sit on the bench.
      Cech is entirely the wrong type in my opinion of what BR would want.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #17685: Aug 31, 2014 08:12:43 am
      I'm sorry but we don't need a young, potentially world class keeper to sit on the bench, we have that already in Migs. If Cech were to come in he'd be first choice every time imo, world class keeper and would make a big difference in the amount of goals we concede.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #17686: Aug 31, 2014 11:13:25 am
      Honestly?

If he is better than Mignolet why not? We need the best goalkeeper we can get, if that is Mignolet .....great , if Cech is better and is available, sign him.

I don't agree with the red helmet though..... might make him look even more like a pr**k. :) 

Quick Reply