Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4249044 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #21689: Jul 14, 2015 03:49:33 am
      /
      why so scared? didn't we beat City with a midfield duo of Allen and Henderson?

football is NEVER played on paper

Yeh and with De Gea mostly gone then they will need them players and more.  They finished top 4 because of him.  He got them a bag load of points single handed.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #21690: Jul 14, 2015 09:29:05 am
      Yeh and with De Gea mostly gone then they will need them players and more.  They finished top 4 because of him.  He got them a bag load of points single handed.

Because of him and the fact we were sh*te and couldn't score enough. Still waiting for the goals signings.

Seems all of our eggs are in a very big Benteke basket.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #21691: Jul 14, 2015 09:39:15 am
      he often lost if when he played at sevilla

He lost a lot of headers I know that, what is he? like 3ft tall? My daughter is only two but I reckon she would compete in an aerial duel with Medel
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #21692: Jul 14, 2015 12:07:14 pm

I'd say their's is far better. Can, I don't think is first choice.
      Morning Ash
      Cann  has not been tested in midfield as he has mainly been deployed in the rigth back roll, so we do not even know how good or bad he really is.... But I am totally with you on this one

I'd still have Milner and Allen over Bastian.

ouch! Thought you were with me on this one....;D!

A few manc fans think I'm crazy but I have a feeling Bastian isn't what we need right now.

I think that everyone notices different things in a game as well as seeing strengths and weaknesses. If that's the way you feel about Schweinsteiger then who I am I to say  that your views are not as valid as mine, or anyone else’s
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #21693: Jul 14, 2015 12:24:28 pm
      Don't know if that's  a personal issue with him from something he did v Australia? But I reckon he's a solid player and he's a defensive midfielder more so then a defender. Pretty sure I posted a year or so ago saying I thought we should go for him and now he's linked I have to say I reckon it'd be a decent bit of business

Sorry people, I think that I have to side with Brian78 on this one. I thing temperament aside Medel is; and would be a decent signing.... Did not Suarez have temperament issues?... no one would argue that he was not a great signing and overall an asset to the club... I believe that Medel could be the same; albeit in a defensive/ midfield  roll.  Could turn out to be the kind of defensive midfielder that we need, at very least he would give us some fight, the kind of fight that we so dearly lack against Stoke
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #21694: Jul 14, 2015 08:02:58 pm
      actually back then Huntlaar was the top Ajax top prospect and everybody was preferring him over Luis, i got a bit stick for it back then because i stated that Luis is a better player. Altough i also stated we should sign Givonni dos santos from barca, glad we didnt.

I disagree with you on lavezzi, you make it sound like he is 40. Lavezzi is still fit and quality. From all the reason you could have been against lavezzi signing, you chose the wrong one. which are basically not true. Makes me wonder that if you even have seen him play. its not meant to be a personal attack on you or anything, but i dont think you know what you are talking about. no offence.

Btw you are talking about ezequiel Lavezzi, right? the one psg bought from Napoli?
      Buying any forward 30+ is risky because often the quality doesn't slowly get reduced, it can take an awful nosedive. If you look in the PL not many strikers stay at top teams past 30. Lambert, Drogba and a few other exceptions of course but as stated before, they also played for their clubs before 30 and was not transfered after 30 unless you count Lambert to Liverpool, which has not really paid off. Players sometimes need time to settle and at 30 time is not there. The Lavezzi ship has sailed. Craig Bellamy did okay when he came back to us after 30 but he played just 24 games. Lavezzi is hardly brilliant in the French league either, the word okay comes to mind. 9 goals and 4 assists in 45 apps this season? not to sound sarcastic but whoopeyteedooo. Normal for a 30 year old Foward in the French league.
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2015 08:14:42 pm by Ribapuru »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #21695: Jul 14, 2015 08:23:00 pm
      Buying any forward 30+ is risky because often the quality doesn't slowly get reduced, it can take an awful nosedive. If you look in the PL not many strikers stay at top teams past 30. Lambert, Drogba and a few other exceptions of course but as stated before, they also played for their clubs before 30 and was not transfered after 30 unless you count Lambert to Liverpool, which has not really paid off. Players sometimes need time to settle and at 30 time is not there. The Lavezzi ship has sailed. Craig Bellamy did okay when he came back to us after 30 but he played just 24 games. Lavezzi is hardly brilliant in the French league either, the word okay comes to mind. 9 goals and 4 assists in 45 apps this season? not to sound sarcastic but whoopeyteedooo. Normal for a 30 year old Foward in the French league.

With you 100% on this I don't get the fascination with Lavezzi. He was very good with Napoli a few years back but has done little the last couple of season and is on the decline.

We should be talking about Reus and Pedro, not bloody Lavezzi.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #21696: Jul 14, 2015 11:54:27 pm
      West Ham are reported to have made a £9m bid for Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez.  :mad:

Come Liverpool make a bid already
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #21697: Jul 14, 2015 11:56:07 pm
      Chelsea have been given the green light to sign Barcelona star Pedro and expect to complete £22m deal next week.

This one I believe
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #21698: Jul 14, 2015 11:59:24 pm
      Chelsea have been given the green light to sign Barcelona star Pedro and expect to complete £22m deal next week.

This one I believe

Be nice to see an actual link
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #21699: Jul 15, 2015 12:05:38 am

£22m for Pedro is an incredible price, sorry but if anyone sees this and thinks that Benteke is actually worth £32.5m they need their head testing.

Firmino £29m
      Pedro £22m
      Schweinsteiger £15m (or whatever close to that)
      Benteke = Do one Villa.

£32.5m is the price you pay for a world class player or damn near it.

I'd expect to be linked with:

Lacazette
      Muller
      Reus
      Higuain

Sorry but Benteke isn't in that league, not even close. I take on board the point Mick suggests that if we are willing to pay £25m then the £7.5m extra isn't much of a stretch if he's the man we want. I accept that and think it has merit, my problem is that at £25m we should be linked with better.

We saw today Origi playing, he's got bags of potential and plays the way we need. We have Ings as back-up to him and Sturridge to come back, Benteke would offer the different approach I accept that and if that's why we're buying him it seems an awful lot of money for a plan B.

Milner looked great today, Henderson looked like he's taking the responsibility of captain well, staying behind signing extra autographs and getting fired up for a friendly makes me warm to the guy. So much has been done right this summer don't F**k up with the most important piece of the jigsaw for 2 years running.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21700: Jul 15, 2015 12:15:50 am

£32.5m is roughly €50m on the continent, makes you think doesn't it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #21701: Jul 15, 2015 12:16:53 am

£32.5m is roughly €50m on the continent, makes you think doesn't it.

2nd time I've seen you say this Daz and honestly mate, it's exactly the same to me :D

Although it did make me wonder how much in Drachma it's going to be soon.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21702: Jul 15, 2015 12:24:24 am
      2nd time I've seen you say this Daz and honestly mate, it's exactly the same to me :D

Although it did make me wonder how much in Drachma it's going to be soon.

I'm just looking at 50m euro's and thinking that Lyon said it would take over 50m euro's to get Lacazette.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #21703: Jul 15, 2015 12:25:32 am
      I'm just looking at 50m euro's and thinking that Lyon said it would take over 50m euro's to get Lacazette.

Ah, sorry for being painfully slow there mate, didn't see that quote.

So yes, I'm finally catching up to you :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #21704: Jul 15, 2015 12:29:20 am
      £22m for Pedro is an incredible price, sorry but if anyone sees this and thinks that Benteke is actually worth £32.5m they need their head testing.

Firmino £29m
      Pedro £22m
      Schweinsteiger £15m (or whatever close to that)
      Benteke = Do one Villa.

£32.5m is the price you pay for a world class player or damn near it.

I'd expect to be linked with:

Lacazette
      Muller
      Reus
      Higuain

Sorry but Benteke isn't in that league, not even close. I take on board the point Mick suggests that if we are willing to pay £25m then the £7.5m extra isn't much of a stretch if he's the man we want. I accept that and think it has merit, my problem is that at £25m we should be linked with better.

We saw today Origi playing, he's got bags of potential and plays the way we need. We have Ings as back-up to him and Sturridge to come back, Benteke would offer the different approach I accept that and if that's why we're buying him it seems an awful lot of money for a plan B.

Milner looked great today, Henderson looked like he's taking the responsibility of captain well, staying behind signing extra autographs and getting fired up for a friendly makes me warm to the guy. So much has been done right this summer don't f**k up with the most important piece of the jigsaw for 2 years running.

F**k me sideways. If we sign Benteke for more than Pedro then I think I will cry and want to die.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #21705: Jul 15, 2015 12:44:52 am
      We should just raid Bayern and offer them £49m for Lewandowski , 200k a week and laugh at Man City!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #21706: Jul 15, 2015 12:53:55 am
      We should just raid Bayern and offer them £49m for Lewandowski , 200k a week and laugh at Man City!

£49m would get you damn close to getting Illarra and Lacazette. Ok our LB and Keeper positions wouldn't be the best and at CB we might have a problem if we got injuries but out squad with those two in it would start to look comparable with anyone in the league.

I'd bet a lot of money on us finishing inside the top 4 with those 2 in our squad, yet with Benteke and Medel I'd say 5th and maybe 4th if everything falls right (that's hope more than expectation speaking there).
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #21707: Jul 15, 2015 01:56:53 am
      http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/591205/West-Ham-9m-bid-Manchester-United-striker-Javier-Hernandez

9m for Hernandez....that would be good business for us. He'd give us a good option in my opinion.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #21708: Jul 15, 2015 02:07:23 am

Given the choice would you prefer Herandez, Ings or Benteke?

I've rated Hernandez for a while but I don't think he's the type of player you'd want starting week in and out for you. I think United used him best, super-sub style. Fox in the box who I think would have been a good option if we didn't go for Ings but as possibly our main striker (given Sturridge's likely lengthy rehab) I wouldn't be confident.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #21709: Jul 15, 2015 02:16:54 am
      Given the choice would you prefer Herandez, Ings or Benteke?

I've rated Hernandez for a while but I don't think he's the type of player you'd want starting week in and out for you. I think United used him best, super-sub style. Fox in the box who I think would have been a good option if we didn't go for Ings but as possibly our main striker (given Sturridge's likely lengthy rehab) I wouldn't be confident.

Well, even I will admit that while I rate Benteke, I don't know that I rate him at 32.5 (unless we have no better options). I just think for the money Hernandez might be able to do a good job for us.

I will say I was impressed with ings today, but I'd have to see how he does either playing on his own or with a more "mobile" partner up top.

For instance, Hernandez and Ings together could cause some trouble for opposing defenses I think with their technical ability, speed and work rate.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #21710: Jul 15, 2015 02:20:16 am
      Well, even I will admit that while I rate Benteke, I don't know that I rate him at 32.5 (unless we have no better options). I just think for the money Hernandez might be able to do a good job for us.

I will say I was impressed with ings today, but I'd have to see how he does either playing on his own or with a more "mobile" partner up top.

For instance, Hernandez and Ings together could cause some trouble for opposing defenses I think with their technical ability, speed and work rate.

Agreed, although I don't think we'll be seeing 2 strikers starting for us any time soon.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #21711: Jul 15, 2015 05:36:51 am
      We were linked with Pedro for quite a while, he signed a new contract. Chelsea rumors surface and Luis Enrique says he'll respect whatever Pedro's decision is.  :-\

Pedro is cheaper compared to Benteke, alright. But how many of you know we didnt make an enquiry and he didnt knock us back? He would be a definite starter for Chelsea cos Hazard is the only better offensive player, with Cesc playing alongside Matic. They are GUARANTEED to win trophies. So why wouldnt he go there?

Quick Reply