Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Predictions?

Man United win
      12 (8.3%)
      Liverpool win
      100 (69.4%)
      Draw
      32 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Jan 13, 2013 01:03:59 pm

Man Utd vs Liverpool, Premier League KO:13:30. 13th January. Pre-Match Build-Up

Read 21007 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool, Premier League KO:13:30. 13th January. Pre-Match Build-Up
      Reply #23: Jan 07, 2013 05:34:19 pm
      Don't care how we win. Just win.

Their defense is poor so the three S's should cause plenty of problems and if we keep the ball as we did in the earlier fixture then we have every chance of a win here.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool, Premier League KO:13:30. 13th January. Pre-Match Build-Up
      Reply #24: Jan 07, 2013 05:38:35 pm
      Interesting that we know who the Ref is well before the game.

So, Pen for the scum, red card for us, Suarez's leg broken by Evra, and booked for diving.

Seriously FA can you be so more fuckingly obvious in your biased corruptive methods.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #25: Jan 07, 2013 05:42:49 pm
      Mark my words, it won't be long before Ferguson starts the mind games (so predictable), and I will put my money on it being about Suarez and the hand ball. Interesting to see how Brendan handles it.

He should mention bad midfield tackles from gingers that could kill people. He could also butter him up by saying he is a world cup final ref, so doesnt need ginsoak telling him how to ref a football game
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #26: Jan 07, 2013 05:47:03 pm
      Looking forward to this game, should be plenty of goals as both sides have been leaky in defense this season. 

No need to worry about the lads raising their game for this as we rarely play s**t against them. 

Thankfully we have an extra dimension up front for them to worry about in Sturridge so in theory this should leave some spaces for some midfield strikes.  I'm going for 3-4 Liverpool win  ;D

Also, I think Webb might just surprise us  ;)
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #27: Jan 07, 2013 05:47:46 pm
      webb is the ref so we have lost already Ferguson and Gill did their upmost with the FA to get him and they have fuxking stinks and proves football is bent to the core in this country
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #28: Jan 07, 2013 06:01:40 pm
      Regardless of ref - lets put 6 past them ala City and they cant touch us!

Its this week I dont envy the Mods - they will have so much cleaning up to do, I can almost sense the Utd fans trying to get accounts here to post 1 line nonsence... I just wish they would realise that's my job on here!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #29: Jan 07, 2013 06:11:02 pm
      About time we got a win against someone above us. We're in good form and we've got plenty of rest before the weekend so I expect a massive game from everyone.

They may be top of the league but to describe them as distinctly average in midfield and awful at the back would be accepted by even their fans and I fancy now that we're turning a corner with how we play we'll have them. Really looking forward to it and could be a massive 3 points if we can grab them.

The Ref being Webb, doesn't surprise me in the least and I am fully expecting every 50/50 decision to go well and truly against us and it seems the best we can hope is that he doesn't just gift the game to them. Give him no opportunity to and push them back and we can bag plenty of goals against this awful defence.

COME ON!
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #30: Jan 07, 2013 06:12:16 pm
      What a  joke by the FA, they have seen on a number of occasion how bias he is towards the Mancs

What a joke.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #31: Jan 07, 2013 06:17:07 pm
      Not looking forward to this at all - thought of Van Persie and Hernandez against our back four scares me. Really need Skrtel and Agger on top form.

They are F***ing sh*te at the back though so if our front three get good service we have a chance of outscoring them.

Certainly won't be a 0-0!
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #32: Jan 07, 2013 06:37:55 pm
      Howard Webb fukin great , good job whiskey nose u tw*t
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #33: Jan 07, 2013 06:40:52 pm
      As annoying as the selection of referee is I don't see why we can't get 3 points there.

They're in very good form at the moment, top of the league, 5 wins and a draw in their last 6. The last time they lost a league match was on the 17th of November away to Norwich. They may be conceding a few goals (28) but they're also banging them in, scoring 54 in 21 games. Van Persie obviously is the danger man scoring 16 of those goals, but Rooney and Hernandez have scored 8 each. However Rooney scored 8 goals in 12 starts and 2 substitute appearances, Hernandez however scored his 8 in just 8 starts and 5 substitute appearances. Johnny Evans also has 5 goals, 4 of which came at Old Trafford.

So it's obvious that Van Persie is their danger man and Hernandez can't be afforded any space either. But in order to stop them we have to look to stop their supply. Rooney actually has the most assists this season for them with 7, Van Persie is second with 6 then Valencia and Carrick both have 4 assists each. 88% of their goals have come from inside the penalty area, including penalties. Looking at that I don't see too much of a threat from their wide players. The killer touches all seem to be coming through the center and pinning the opposition right back into the area.

I reckon they'll start with;

I can't see them using Vidic and Ferdinand against Suarez, they'll be killed for pace. Evans and Vidic will be tougher to get past. Luis will have to play off their shoulders and switch wide a few times to get the space he needs.

Kagawa and Valencia are fit but I reckon Giggs experience and passing accuracy will be used. I also see them using Hernandez and looking to hit us early on. 24% of their goals have come in the first 20 mins, they'll come out at a high tempo and look to hit us quick.

Looking at that team and those stats I think we have the players to win this. In September at Anfield they beat us 2-1 with a penalty in the 81st min. This was when we were down to 10 men after 38 minutes. We dominated that game, 53% possession, more shots, more crosses, more corners, fewer clearances, fewer saves. To say they rode their luck is an understatement, 11 V 11 and we would have twatted them!

And we will.

I would start with;

Subs: Jones, Coates, Carragher, Suso, Allen, Sturridge, Borini

I don't see Sturridge starting, he isn't it enough to go 90 mins, but until he is he can be a very useful impact sub. Taking off Downing or Sterling and bringing on Sturridge will put the shits up them a lot more than Suso or (previously) Cole. The same goes or Borini here. He isn't ready to start this but he can add some new options for us.

The mid field battle will be key here. Our 3 central mid fielders need to stop the supply to Van Persie and Hernandez and at the same time quickly get the ball up to Suarez and open up their back four.

Lucas needs to keep Carrick quiet. He is pretty much their distributor so Lucas will need to get a few interceptions in and cut out that supply. I know he hasn't been playing to well recently but he is key to this match. Give him one job and one job only; cut out the supply.

Gerrard and Henderson have been impressive the last few games and I expect them to keep that up. Henderson is fantastic at playing the pressing game, he'll run all day. And he'll need to, the second they have the ball in the middle of the park he needs to be on top of them and closing them down. Then when he wins it he needs to stay calm and play a smart pass. My criticism o him lately is that when he wins the ball he's just a bit sloppy in his passing straight away.

Gerrard's raw aggression and determination will be key in the pressing game. But most importantly is his distribution when we win it back. The assist or Suarez against Sunderland is a prime example, but even the passes that might go under the radar are equally as important. A ball out wide to Johnson that drags a defender out and leaves a gap can be just as important.

The back 5 pick themselves but Skrtle and Agger need to up their performances against Van Persie and Hernandez. They should be able to win the aerial duel but it's the link up play that will be our weakness. Sharp passing and movement of the ball is what United do well and whet the two lads struggle with. No nonsense defending is needed, keep it out of the area, keep the frontmen quiet.

The pressing game can make the difference for us here. I think our starting XI is set up to play that game, to hound them and win the ball back. Play at a high tempo, keep the ball, spread it around and make them chase shadows. Keep passing and open up gaps, the important thing is that the lads make the most of them gaps and run into the space to hurt them. Suarez, Sterling and Downing have the pace to get in behind them and cause havoc. They need to believe that and take the chances. Equally when they do get an attack everyone needs to contribute and defend. Track back, team up on the man with the ball and when the opportunity arises win the ball and counter with our pace.

If we play the way we can and control the game I see a nice 3 points for us here. I feel confident we have what it takes to win this so I'm going to say 2-0 win to us. Suarez and Henderson with the goals.

Come on redmen!
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #34: Jan 07, 2013 06:41:23 pm
      Howard Webb fukin great , good job whiskey nose u c**t

Corrected it for you there
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #35: Jan 07, 2013 06:45:08 pm
      Cheers buddy bit more appropriate ;D nice one

Ynwa
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #36: Jan 07, 2013 06:50:50 pm
      C'mon u reds , hope we thrash Man U I hate them soooo much

Ynwa
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #37: Jan 07, 2013 06:53:07 pm
       How the hell has Howard Webb been appointed to ref this matchwith his known history of controversial decisions whenever we have played United.
                           Now to the match,I hope our front men torment Vidic and with his record he will be a cert to get sent off.I watched him in the West Ham game and he is still at his usual filth.I am picking on Sturridge and Suarez to shine and surprise I think Downing will repay some of his transfer fee with a good game.L.F.C. to bring the 3 points back to Anfield and leave Ferguson crying into his whisky.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,182 posts | 533 
      Reply #38: Jan 07, 2013 07:34:14 pm
      If Vidic is as shaky on Sunday as he was against West Ham,I think Luis is going to give him a torrid time. The Mancs cant handle pace at the back,so thats where we can hurt them.

Big if,but if we can keep Van Persie quiet,we must have a great chance of doing well. Would love a win,but a draw would be a great result and another step in the right direction.

C'mon the Redmen.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #39: Jan 07, 2013 07:49:25 pm
      If we can control the midfield we'll win .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #40: Jan 07, 2013 07:51:04 pm
      If we can control the midfield we'll win .

Win it is then ;)
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts |
      Reply #41: Jan 07, 2013 07:55:19 pm
      Howard Webb.. Really FA ? Are you shitting us ?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #42: Jan 07, 2013 08:02:07 pm
      Webb did actually give us our first penalty. I cant really say who I would like because lets face it they are all terrified of upsetting ferguson.
      Redtrader
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | 29 
      Reply #43: Jan 07, 2013 08:18:05 pm
      I hate this game, because I soooo hate that lot, and now we have Webb as the ref and everyone knows he's Fergies gimp. That said I always think we will every game and that lot have got away with it this season with their forwards rescuing them. logically (hopefully), this can't continue and I think we need to go at them hard, quick balls forward, use the pace of Sturridge and Suarez and get the early goals. A couple of raking tackles early on, smart and nasty on Van Persie, and then BR can play keep ball as much as he likes for the remainder of the game.

I believe that our defence can handle vpersie easier than the bigger lads, but he is on form, so they need to take it in turns to get early knocks on his fragile frame, although I hate this game, there's nothing better than beating them and I believe we are more than capable of doing it. 1-2 to us.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #44: Jan 07, 2013 08:19:58 pm
      Let's use the Webb thing to our advantage...get it in the media that we are deeply unhappy, get the Webb in the MUFC top piccys out...it will be in his head and he may give us something....
      I F***ing hate these lot....especially after their behaviour after the game at Anfield...

Ferguson is also the most ungracious, classless c**t in football ever.

Phew....feel better
      Redtrader
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | 29 
      Reply #45: Jan 07, 2013 08:22:41 pm
      This game will at one stage have a controversy, and this will be Brendans opportunity to take on Fergie, we will really see if all the Shanks mimicking is rhetoric, or for real. Please don't bottle it and become a Hodgson.

Quick Reply