Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

An Opportunity To Thank Rafa Benitez On Sunday.

Read 10720 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      An Opportunity To Thank Rafa Benitez On Sunday.
      Apr 18, 2013 07:59:39 am
      Why should we chant his name and sing his songs on Sunday:

1. He won us the European cup
      2. He won us the FA cup
      3. He took us to a 2nd European final in 3 years
      4. He achieved the most points we have had in one season in the league for over 2 decades
      5. He fought H&G for us and probably saved us from administration
      6. He constantly gave support for the Hillsborough families
      7. He gave £96,000 of his own money to support the Hillsborough trust
      8. He gets us and he has never shown us anything but respect and admiration
      9. We never got to say goodbye or thank you for everything that he's done for us and this city!

Anyone who thinks Rafa doesn't deserve a good response from the fans at the weekend, let me know why!
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Re: An Opportunity To Thank Rafa Benitez On Sunday.
      Reply #1: Apr 18, 2013 08:27:10 am

2. He won us the FA cup
      4. He achieved the most points we have had in one season in the league for over 2 decades
      9. We never got to say goodbye or thank you for everything that he's done for us and this city!

Anyone who thinks Rafa doesn't deserve a good response from the fans at the weekend, let me know why!
      Absolutely spot on.. Just hope brendan gets it after rafa came out and said he would manage us again
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2: Apr 18, 2013 08:29:04 am
       We should give RAFA total respect but not the Chelsea players,it would give me great satisfaction to see us knock sh*te out of them.RAFA will know he is always welcome at Anfield by Liverpool supporters.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #3: Apr 18, 2013 08:55:04 am

2. He won us the FA cup

Spot on Kyle and Rafa will find it hard to fight the tears when he gets the adulation he deserves.
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 18 
      Reply #4: Apr 18, 2013 09:06:37 am
      stupid idea.

I mean it's one thing to give him a chant and clap him but at the end of the day he is Chelsea manager, manager of the opposition.

Sing his songs? can't think of a better way to show disrespect to our current manager. Or perhaps thats why you suggested it?

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Apr 18, 2013 09:15:15 am
      stupid idea.

I mean it's one thing to give him a chant and clap him but at the end of the day he is Chelsea manager, manager of the opposition.

Sing his songs? can't think of a better way to show disrespect to our current manager. Or perhaps thats why you suggested it?

WTF are you on about?

We're not going to break out in to chant for Torres either are we?

If BR doesn't know why we're chanting Rafa's name, he can F**k off. We're showing respect to a man who brought us so much. And BR will know that. We're not going to chant 'Brendan out, Rafa in!' or some silly sh*t.

Have some perspective and don't accuse others of ulterior motives by suggesting a sign of respect when that's all it's meant to be.
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 18, 2013 09:17:21 am
      A bit harsh there as wouldn't deem it stupid but agree with the rest of your comments.
      Acknowledge Rafa for what he has done for LFC & the Hillsborough Campaign but beat the hell outta his team!
      Anything else would be disrespectful to the current regime & Rafa is gonna want to win this one with his current team!
      Hardly gonna let his team turn over & be tickled by us, is he?...no, but has Chelsea playing well at the moment so we're in for treat on Sunday.  :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :ernaehrung004:
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #7: Apr 18, 2013 09:25:09 am
      stupid idea.

No, what's stupid is you implying it is disrespectful to our current manager. This is about Rafa Benitez and we as fans finally getting a chance to say 'Thankyou'.
      Brendan will still get support, I am sure, but I hope we lift the roof off for Rafa and let him know that no matter what the future holds he is always welcome at Anfield.
      As Liverpool fans we have always acknowledged those who have left an impression on this club, Rafa gave us some of our greatest nights of football, and for that we owe him our thanks.
      I do not get why some people find it so hard, we are saying 'thank you ' to Rafa, nothing whatsoever to do with Chelsea FC, or Brendan. Simple.
      We all still want and expect a Liverpool win.
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 18 
      Reply #8: Apr 18, 2013 09:28:51 am
      we all have our opinions on it. that was mine.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #9: Apr 18, 2013 09:30:07 am
      stupid idea.

Off the mark there lad, Rafa and his achievements are the stuff of legend in Liverpool and anyone misinterpreting the fact should have a word with themselves.
      Brendan will know the score...as for the Chavs who gives a F**k.
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 18 
      Reply #10: Apr 18, 2013 09:42:18 am
      Off the mark there lad, Rafa and his achievements are the stuff of legend in Liverpool and anyone misinterpreting the fact should have a word with themselves.

righto, I need to have a word with myself because my view on it doesn't match yours? ok that makes sense.

I still think it's over the top on a match day to sing Rafa songs and carry on like he's still in charge here. Yes we love him, yes he is a legend but we're in a battle against him from the off, don't get why we should be cheering him on?
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #11: Apr 18, 2013 09:52:22 am
      Respect should be given where it's do. Rafa earned it, he deserves it, so yeah, I'd sing his name on a match day to show him that. End of. We know who our manager is and he knows he has our support, so don't mix these two things up.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #12: Apr 18, 2013 10:16:42 am
      Should get a cracking reception for what he did for the club, european cup...the best night of my life. Best fa cup final I've seen. Having a go at Tom Hicks and George Gillett after the Athens finale when he realised they where bull shitters. Hilsborough...legend. Also we should'nt forget the way he stood up against Ferguson when every other manager in the country is scared to say anything other than good against him.

In other words i love Rafa and what he did for our club and we all know he loves Liverpool fc too.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #13: Apr 18, 2013 10:19:12 am
      I trust the fans to do the right thing on Sunday and give Rafa a great reception and then abuse the chav bas**rds for 90 minutes, although I'm not sure about one or two people loyalties on this forum.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Apr 18, 2013 10:24:02 am
      stupid idea.

Rafa has earned appreciation from Liverpool fans.
      Brought the club to 2 Champions League Finals.
      Made us the Number 1 force in Europe.

Flaws and all I'd love to see it again.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #15: Apr 18, 2013 10:30:38 am
      He will of course get a great reception from the fans. Don't think that is in doubt.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #16: Apr 18, 2013 10:32:06 am
      Gonna be hair raising and joy to listen to again.

I would take this man back in a heartbeat alongside Dalglish.

Rafa Benitez La Bamba Liverpool Kop Song

Some good old days in Europe.

Barcelona v Liverpool Rafa La bamba

Livepool F C we won it 5 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #17: Apr 18, 2013 10:38:40 am
      Do they still do those scarves where it's split into two halves, one for one team and one for the other?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #18: Apr 18, 2013 10:40:54 am
      Do they still do those scarves where it's split into two halves, one for one team and one for the other?
      Spot on mate.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19: Apr 18, 2013 10:43:48 am

You must be level pro at fishing by now.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #20: Apr 18, 2013 10:53:24 am
      stupid idea.

If it was Kenny would you sing for him or give him a round of applause? Damn right and it's happened - deservedly so and all.

Just like Houllier was sang for when Villa came to town and we twatted them 3-0. Didn't hear any mention of split scarves then did we?

Liverpool supporters aren't daft and I'm sure it'll be done properly and Brendan's name will be sang accordingly, loud and clear.

Rafa done a lot for this club on all levels - not just the football side of things and a good reception is what he deserves.

Anybody suggesting otherwise is fishing and trying to bring things in from another thread and they know it.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #21: Apr 18, 2013 11:26:56 am
      Anyhow I won't be there and neither will half the people who say we shouldn't do this and they shouldn't do that so lets just leave it to the people who are there.

Pretty sure they'll do the right thing in the right taste.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #22: Apr 18, 2013 11:28:29 am
      Rafa should be shown appreciation from the fans on Sunday for all the points raised in the OP. 

Those of you who think this is disrespectful to Brendan maybe it will give him something to think about.  It will show him that all Liverpool Managers who have brought us success in the past will always get a hero's welcome when they return to Anfield.  As Manager of Liverpool Football Club Brendan has the respect of the fans but hero/legend status has to be earned.

So if he wants to be an Anfield hero, he needs to start winning stuff  ;D

Quick Reply