Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Daniel Agger (Barcelona / Monaco)

Read 16208 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Re: Daniel Agger (Barcelona / Monaco)
      Reply #138: Aug 11, 2013 10:24:41 pm
      We simply cannot sell Daniel Agger.

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #139: Aug 11, 2013 10:29:24 pm
      I get where you're coming from, would be a nail in their coffin for lack of ambition last year, this year, or both?

If these players saw ambition and quality coming in they sure as hell wouldn't want away, but we have to understand that Real / Barca are a couple of levels above where we are at the moment and when you're at the peak of your career you should want to be at the best level.

I actually agree with the players who want to better themselves, those that move purely for money, I have no time for that at all.

So I see your point, but if that £25m was given to Brendan I'd have no problem with the owners over this, part of the problem could also be that we don't have an attractive manager to play for (no I don't mean put Linda in charge) in the 'big name' sense so we're struggling on all fronts to create that draw to the club. Could also be why they're talking about re-installing Kenny as an ambassador, but then again I see that more as a corporate glad hander and I'd hope Kenny tells 'em where to shove it!
      Absolutely agree 100% with you , if Dagger was to go I feel it would be a message to us letting us know what kind of tools are running the club .
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #140: Aug 11, 2013 10:31:25 pm
      I don't see why we would let him go after just making him vice-captain. It makes no sense. I can't see it happening.
      DaveMac82
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #141: Aug 11, 2013 10:32:34 pm
      Tony Barrett has just tweeted on his view on how it stands with Agger:

1. Right, for those asking (and especially those abusing) the story on Daniel Agger is a very simple one.

2. Barcelona made an offer for Agger which Liverpool rejected. That has now been confirmed by Agger's agent.

3. Agger is not actively pursuing a move. Anyone who is aware of his character will know that's not the way he would do things.

Surely Tony wasn't accusing me of being verbally abusive towards him! ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #142: Aug 11, 2013 10:35:13 pm
      To me that reads that Agger is perfectly happy to stay here and if he's sold it will very much be someone else's decision.

Brendan is on record as saying he's one of the best around and after making him Vice Captain I'd guess he's not to keen to sell so only leaves JW and his cohorts.

If Agger is sold, and it's a big if right now, only one place to look for blame as far as I'm concerned.
      DaveMac82
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #143: Aug 11, 2013 10:37:01 pm
      To me that reads that Agger is perfectly happy to stay here and if he's sold it will very much be someone else's decision.

Brendan is on record as saying he's one of the best around and after making him Vice Captain I'd guess he's not to keen to sell so only leaves JW and his cohorts.

If Agger is sold, and it's a big if right now, only one place to look for blame as far as I'm concerned.

If he's sold the buck will stop with our owners that's for sure.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #144: Aug 11, 2013 10:38:02 pm

If he goes Si it will copper fasten all that we have said about the lack of ambition our owners have . Our 0 net spend ,  sell to buy and a litany of lies told .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #145: Aug 11, 2013 10:41:58 pm
      If he goes Si it will copper fasten all that we have said about the lack of ambition our owners have . Our 0 net spend ,  sell to buy and a litany of lies told .

Yep.

I wouldn't sell him for £100M.

And before ayone says that's ridiculous I've said before that there comes a time when keeping players is much more important than money and a player rated highly by the manager and just made Vice Captain is simply not for sale at any price.
      DaveMac82
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #146: Aug 11, 2013 10:47:08 pm
      Oh Tony hasn't finished yet......

4. But I don't think anyone could blame Agger if (that's an important word at this stage) if he was tempted by the possibility of Barca.

5. Equally, Liverpool will want to keep Agger who is their best centre back & second longest serving player.

6. The quote from Agger's agent is very straightforward. "We are aware that Barca have made an offer for Daniel that #LFC have rejected."

7."Daniel has a contract with #LFC for the next 3 years. It would be up to the clubs to agree a fee in order for that to change."

8. In other words, Agger's agent is saying it's in the hands of the two clubs. He is not pushing for a move. Phew!

And my apologies to everyone whose timeline has been clogged up my me putting the record straight. Sorry but it had to be done.

There you go!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #147: Aug 11, 2013 10:47:17 pm
      I don't see why we would let him go after just making him vice-captain. It makes no sense. I can't see it happening.
      they gave Kenny a contract and sacked him the following year after winning us silverware , a lot of what they do makes no sense like 0 transfer money .
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #148: Aug 11, 2013 11:11:30 pm

This 100% and I don't really rate Agger compared to a lot of people on here.

Losing him, Carra and Pepe in one window would be madness.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #149: Aug 11, 2013 11:12:50 pm
      This 100% and I don't really rate Agger compared to a lot of people on here.

Losing him, Carra and Pepe in one window would be madness.

It's kind of my point Chats, although I do rate Agger, but it's more about our ambition as a club going forward and selling him is a complete no no for me.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #150: Aug 11, 2013 11:54:09 pm
      So the story is nothing more than a sh*t-stirring press?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #151: Aug 11, 2013 11:56:31 pm
      « Reply #152 on: Today at 11:54:09 PM »
      Quote (selected)
      So the story is nothing more than a sh*t-stirring press?

Nah think it's a genuine story Rodders, just Agger handling it completely professionally.

I believe somewhere it was said that we would consider £25m for Agger so if Barca meet that figure expect us to agree, unless of course we don't have the time to replace (which is most probably now).

I'm with Si on this one though, Agger wouldn't be sold for any money this late in the window and considering the changes we've had at the back / about to have. Only way I would accept it is if Agger himself wanted to leave, so I expect him to stay.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #152: Aug 12, 2013 06:18:39 am
      Cant even think about the possibility of losing Carra, Skrtel AND Agger in the same window, doesnt matter if we have suitable replacements in Toure, Papa and Sakho
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #153: Aug 12, 2013 06:20:15 am
      None of us want him to go, but if Barca really are in for him he'd be pretty stupid not to leave. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #154: Aug 12, 2013 07:06:35 am
      None of us want him to go, but if Barca really are in for him he'd be pretty stupid not to leave. 

Dunno about stupid, but you couldn't blame him if he did leave, no. Same with Suarez if a Madrid, Bayern or Barca stumped up the cash for him.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #155: Aug 12, 2013 07:14:39 am

How do you know what his priorities are. If he likes it here and wants to win trophies with us, you can't really call him stupid. I know all footballers want to win trophies but I hope some of them still care about how they win them.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #156: Aug 12, 2013 07:16:18 am
      Totally agree. How could it be that Brendan put him as vice and then sell him?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #157: Aug 12, 2013 08:01:50 am

Blame him no, but I wouldnt say he is stupid...

Its a life choice, Agger loves LFC - the city and the people. He has his family here and children in schools. He gets paid a massive wage compaired to normal people so lives like a king - the supporters love him. He has it made here - but he could move to Barca and fight for his place in a team that may win lots of titles.

Barca are not guaranteed to win aything anymore - Real look very strong as always and are going to be better, Munich are a top club too. Barca have no right to win everything again and I very much doubt they will. Also Agger is not guaranteed a long term starting position is he...

So I could see why for the challange, but there is as much of a challange here and he is happy - so no, not stupid if he stays one bit. Stupid comment to make by you, yes...
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #158: Aug 12, 2013 02:55:45 pm
      I'm not sure how keen Barca are? I keep reading about bids for a ball playing centre-half with them being strongly linked to Luiz and also Vertonghen. if they do come back in with a bigger bid for Agger I would be surprised if Danny doesn't quietly express his wishes to take the opportunity. We've fallen a long way since he joined us and at his age I would completely understand if he wanted to move on, particularly given that as a club we don't seem to be in any particular hurry to get back where we belong.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #159: Aug 12, 2013 04:48:00 pm
      F**k no!
      ...and really that all I have to say
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #160: Aug 12, 2013 05:34:12 pm
      Totally agree. How could it be that Brendan put him as vice and then sell him?

This. This story surfaced before Agger was named Vice Captain so I doubt very much that would have happened unless he had firmly committed himself to us.

Quick Reply