Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

U.S Reds can now watch all the Liverpool matches live on TV

Read 19091 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: U.S Reds can now watch all the Liverpool matches live on TV
      Reply #46: Aug 01, 2013 09:43:52 pm
      ^^^ Liverpool, Full, Everton? Well you can see here

:lmao:
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #47: Aug 01, 2013 09:50:58 pm

New York Subway train.

Just like back home eh,
      That is Excellent! 

One thing I noticed about US supporters.  Most people follow 2 teams United or Liverpool. But, the people who follow United dont know sh*t about Football or even their own team.  The US Reds....they know Football. They know the players, history,coaches, Anfield. They know the KOP and Shankly and Kenny Dalglish etc..   NYC has a huge Liverpool supporters group.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #48: Aug 02, 2013 08:03:33 pm
      Scum Saturday Special .

(Not PC)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #49: Aug 04, 2013 04:54:34 pm
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #50: Aug 04, 2013 11:15:44 pm
      Here in the US, for all the time i have lived here from home in England, i have always managed to see every LFC game live...mostly on TV or occasionally via the internet.
      Fox and ESPN have done a fairly good job.
      My worry now is that NBC, not having any dedicated EPL channels will make it so hard for us fans to actually find the games and if working, unable to set our DVR's or Tivo's to record it.

Their website has been hugely vague and annoying no matter the amount of money they have spent acquiring the rights and stating that they will show all the games...info is hard to come by.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #51: Aug 05, 2013 05:22:56 am
      Here in the US, for all the time i have lived here from home in England, i have always managed to see every LFC game live...mostly on TV or occasionally via the internet.
      My worry now is that NBC, not having any dedicated EPL channels will make it so hard for us fans to actually find the games and if working, unable to set our DVR's or Tivo's to record it.

Their website has been hugely vague and annoying no matter the amount of money they have spent acquiring the rights and stating that they will show all the games...info is hard to come by.

My issue is recording it, after that it looks amazing. I'm sure there will be teething problems at first.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #52: Aug 05, 2013 05:31:59 am

They released the schedule for up until Christmas last week.  All of our games will be on either NBCSports , NBC or CNBC.  I too was skeptical when It was first announced last fall that NBC was taking over the Prem rights.  But it looks like it's going to be great for us.

BTW that video that Huyton posted is funny as fook.
      « Last Edit: Aug 05, 2013 05:46:18 am by JC16 »
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #53: Aug 05, 2013 05:37:24 am
      They released the schedule for up until Christmas last week.  All of our games will be on either NBCSports , NBC or CNBC.  I too was skeptical when It was first announced last fall that NBC was taking over the Prem rights.  But it looks like it's going to be great for us.

That's good. Here's hoping that not too many at 5am (PT), then I can really sit and enjoy. Well that is until we F**k up
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #54: Aug 05, 2013 08:23:52 am
      Mate, can you guys not watch it live in pubs over there?

Not 3pm Kickoff games and not all of them. I am not sure why, but I am sure there is a stupid reason...

Basically LFC will be on TV about 10 times this season across 3 channels - so you can watch that. But for each month you subscribe to all it will cost £30 a month, on top of any other charges the broadcaster see's fit. Its a joke! This is proabbly why so many people stream games on their PC - and will in time when this gets better stop paying for TV all together. This will result in prices coming down so everyone pays - or going up to make up a shortfall (i would guess the latter until 1 person is paying £200Million a year to watch the games!...
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #55: Aug 05, 2013 03:06:08 pm

:lmao: That was great! Jason Sudeikis is boss.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #56: Aug 05, 2013 07:49:47 pm

BTW that video that Huyton posted is funny as fook.

JC do you have a link to that schedule? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #57: Aug 06, 2013 12:35:22 am
      JC do you have a link to that schedule? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
      the link posted in the first post of this thread gives a pretty good look at the schedule.  I looked on the NBCSPORTS site a couple of days ago and they had listings up until Christmas.  Posting this from my phone.  Will try to find the link when I get home.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #58: Aug 06, 2013 12:44:52 am

NBC are going to have dedicated channels.  Saturday and Sunday matches are going to be shown on all the NBC and NBC owned channels. NBC, NBC Sports channel, MSNBC and CNBC and a few others not listed yet. But they are showing 10 matches on Saturday, 10 matches on Sunday and any midweek matches. If you go to my link below you will see the schedule for the matches up to December.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/7/29/4568642/2013-14-nbc-epl-tv-schedule

They also have NBC Live Extra which will show everygame not broadcast on regular TV, shown online and on Android and Ipad/Ipod devices w/ the NBC App. They will also have a nightly EPL recap show like MOTD. As long as your cable provider carries NBC which every one does, you will have no problem TIVO'ing the matches. Just follow the link I posted above.
      « Last Edit: Aug 06, 2013 12:54:02 am by YANK_LFC_FAN »
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #59: Aug 15, 2013 09:44:04 pm
      I have internet with Comcast, but no cable. I guess this doesn't make any difference for me then and I need to look for streams like before, am I right?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #60: Aug 16, 2013 07:39:00 am
      Yanks?

Dey have da goyls ! da chocolate , da nylons , and now da TV.

Its the 51st State.

(Which happens to be a good film including LFC and the above spoken in a bad Noo Joizee accent)

Ill get my coat.  Which door is it ?
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #61: Aug 17, 2013 12:23:57 pm
      It's only pre-match but the stream on NBC Live Extra has been perfect, no hiccups and HD quality. I was worried because I'm at a hotel with questionable internet quality but so far I'm very impressed.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #62: Aug 17, 2013 01:45:15 pm
      Delighted that NBC are showing lots of footy however I have 2 complaints. 1. The commentary is slightly ahead of play and 2. The commentary volume is way above the volume of the crowd (no jokes about atmosphere please).
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #63: Aug 17, 2013 01:47:33 pm
      Delighted that NBC are showing lots of footy however I have 2 complaints. 1. The commentary is slightly ahead of play and 2. The commentary volume is way above the volume of the crowd (no jokes about atmosphere please).

Agreed, still beats watching crap streams though, hopefully quality will improve as the season goes along
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #64: Aug 17, 2013 03:19:28 pm
      Having had Fox Soccer for a number of years: I love NBC!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #65: Aug 17, 2013 05:14:08 pm

More inclined to make jokes about 'loud' Americans.  ;)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #66: Aug 17, 2013 05:22:44 pm
      More inclined to make jokes about 'loud' Americans.  ;)

Except all the people doing matchday Premier League coverage for NBC are actually British!
      citizenmilton
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #67: Aug 18, 2013 01:31:27 am
      Hello, Liverpool FC forum!

New fan from the US here. Just saw my first-ever Premier League game today. In the week leading up to the start of the season, I did some research into the league and Liverpool sounds like the kind of club I'd like to support. I've already been rewarded by witnessing that exciting save by Mignolet.

Hope to learn a lot about the sport and the league by visiting this forum throughout the season. Will try not to be too loud.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #68: Aug 18, 2013 01:28:51 pm

I always kill the commentary, there are very few that can give an accurate, unbiased assessment of what's going on, you can see the action and come to the same conclusions without being influenced by an affected viewpoint.
      You don't even get a genuine feedback of the support in the ground because there is even a bias in the respect of where the microphones are placed during the coverage.

Quick Reply