Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC's Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      110 (67.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Agger
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Jon Flanagan
      34 (21%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (1.9%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1.2%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (0.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      7 (4.3%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      2 (1.2%)
      Victor Moses
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2013 02:43:20 pm

Everton 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debates

Read 45229 times
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Re: Everton 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debates
      Reply #575: Nov 23, 2013 07:44:29 pm
      What on earth do the England national squad do to Gerrard. Everytime he comes back from international duty he is quite poor, and lethargic. Most probably, he will be back to his old self next week, but internationals now are really a pain in the arse for me.

He seems to play with more passion for England than he does us. That's how it's appeared of late anyway. Still important player though. Just think the game was a little too fast for his legs today.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #576: Nov 23, 2013 07:46:54 pm
      Missed the game due to work commitments but can't wait for MOTD,I know 3 points would of being nice but a point at Goodison big derby game it's not to shabby .judt seen joey boys miss bloody hell that's a sitter.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #577: Nov 23, 2013 07:49:53 pm
      He seems to play with more passion for England than he does us. That's how it's appeared of late anyway. Still important player though. Just think the game was a little too fast for his legs today.

I think the same, he plays with more passion for England, maybe because it will be his last World Cup and that with LFC he knows he has fewer chances of winning something(He won't win the WC but at least he will play it).

Flanno was great, wasn't he? Allen! I'm speechless, how could he miss that, if he had scored, we would have probably win given the score. Lucas did his job well too. but Allen was a liability, Gerrard also did not play with enough passion, but he's not Allen and doesn't need to win his place his place. Allen missed a golden opportunity to show he deserves chances.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #578: Nov 23, 2013 07:55:49 pm
      God forgive me, but you can understand why the auld soak would pull his players out from those meaningless internationals if they come back knackered.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #579: Nov 23, 2013 08:04:37 pm
      Haven't had time to read through many post on here, so not sure what everyones take on the game today is. The way I saw it, we missed a few scoring opportunities, but no more than Everton. We committed defensive sins throughout, but no more than Everton. On the whole a draw being a fair result, although I had us down for a win. Everton as you know have a good home record, and are playing with more structure with Martinez, so a draw at theirs is no great loss. Many teams will go there and lose, including the top 5 or 6. Had Flannagan looking like a motm but had to give it to Mignolet. We mostly missed opportunities to score, while Evertons chances were thwarted by our Keeper. Bit deflated but have to say, Everton played better than I expected. Did Brendan get it wrong with Allen in the middle, did Sturridge come on too late. Don't suppose we'll really know, but leaves lots to talk about. Still think a decent playmaker in the centre of the park would make the difference in games like these. Barclay anyone ?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #580: Nov 23, 2013 08:07:10 pm
      Quote from: Tadders on Today at 02:43:48 PM
      The ref had one decision to make on Mirralas and got it so wrong it is untrue. If that wasn't a red then what the f**k is?
      Not to worry, we'll likely get an apology. F.F.S.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #581: Nov 23, 2013 08:26:26 pm
      If I was to give a brief review on our players performances today:

Mignolet - Absolutely excellent. Deservedly motm despite conceding three goals. That speaks volumes
      Johnson - Terrible! Overcooked his attacks with his indecisiveness and needs too much thinking time on the ball
      Skrtel & Agger - Showed lack of strength today. Struggled when put under pressure
      Flanagan - Our best defender by some margin. Showed great composure on the ball and intercepted play very well
      Lucas - Best midfielder on the day. Positional awareness was excellent and made crucial tackles/interceptions
      Gerrard - Laboured performance. Wasn't with the pace today and looked his age
      Henderson - A lot of running, and worked very hard. Lacks composure and bite
      Allen - What has happened? Lacking in confidence and his lack of demand for the ball proved this. Should've made it 3-1
      Coutinho - Good performance today, and adapted well to the pace. Always looking to move the ball forward when in possession
      Suarez - Looked rather flat today, with the Mirallas challenge doing him no favours. Excellent free kick nonetheless
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #582: Nov 23, 2013 08:35:46 pm
      I said it in the Sakho thread pre match. The lad should have played. I'm pretty confident Lukaku wouldn't have scored two goals as easily as he did. Lukaku bullied us again just as he did last year when playing for West Brom. Don't get how Brendan could leave him out of this match. He scored two goals for his country midweek and his confidence would have been sky high.

Against big bodied Centre halves like Lukaku, Brendan needs to start our Beast to control theirs. Skrtel and Agger aren't strong enough to deal with them. Thought that lesson should have been learnt last season.

As for the Flanagan choice, thought it was weird but the lad didn't disgrace. Thought he had a great game.

Gutted we dropped 2 points.

P.S  F**k you Roy!!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #583: Nov 23, 2013 09:14:08 pm
      I said it in the Sakho thread pre match. The lad should have played. I'm pretty confident Lukaku wouldn't have scored two goals as easily as he did. Lukaku bullied us again just as he did last year when playing for West Brom. Don't get how Brendan could leave him out of this match. He scored two goals for his country midweek and his confidence would have been sky high.

Against big bodied Centre halves like Lukaku, Brendan needs to start our Beast to control theirs. Skrtel and Agger aren't strong enough to deal with them. Thought that lesson should have been learnt last season.

As for the Flanagan choice, thought it was weird but the lad didn't disgrace. Thought he had a great game.

Gutted we dropped 2 points.

P.S  F**k you Roy!!

I'm in total agreement with you mate. I couldn't believe Sakho wasn't starting ahead of Agger. The statistics don't lie either - Sakho's aerial duels are far superior to anyone else's at our club. Looking at Lukaku, it's clearly obvious he is a threat in the air as well on the ground. Pretty much all six goals started from a set-piece.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #584: Nov 23, 2013 09:25:33 pm
      Thought Sakho should have played as well. Johnson was off form, Gerrard wasn't great from open play but his set piece delivery was spot on, we didn't really play well in the second half but should have gone 3-1 up with Allen's shocker. Miralles shouldn't have been on the pitch to set their second up, but our inability to deal with crosses and the set piece is a real concern. Anyone explain why Johnson is marking Lukaku??

Well done Migs and Flanno, who was our best defender on the day. Thought Suarez looked a bit tired later on, but boy does he take a F***ing sweet free kick. What a goal.. Sturridge looked like he enjoyed the equaliser too. Shame Moses didn't keep his header down, that was a great chance to win it. All in all we've got to accept they are a good team at home, a point isn't a terrible result and, in the end, that was a cracking game of football.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #585: Nov 23, 2013 09:30:45 pm
      I'm in total agreement with you mate. I couldn't believe Sakho wasn't starting ahead of Agger. The statistics don't lie either - Sakho's aerial duels are far superior to anyone else's at our club. Looking at Lukaku, it's clearly obvious he is a threat in the air as well on the ground. Pretty much all six goals started from a set-piece.
      These days it could be: fitness - e.g. readings after an international/ contract issues - e.g. demanding a pay rise if you score in an international/ personal - e.g. his wife is bluenose,  any reason why they don't play some players and not others.

I think sometimes the staff have too many statistics/ contractual/ or other factors going on behind the scenes and it f*cks with their innate ability to pick a side. I mean Black-Scholes showed us what mixing pure abstract reasoning in a non-abstract world can do.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #586: Nov 23, 2013 09:40:34 pm
      Not seen the game yet, highlights never tell the full story.  Was it a great 3-3 or a poor game with a lot of goals?  Maybe something in between.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #587: Nov 23, 2013 10:07:05 pm
      I said it in the Sakho thread pre match. The lad should have played. I'm pretty confident Lukaku wouldn't have scored two goals as easily as he did.

Not to mention he'd be full of confidence from scoring 2 goals midweek!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #588: Nov 23, 2013 11:11:33 pm
      I do hope BR realizes that skrtel and Agger are the the answers for defending a team with a powerful striker.

I mean, you guys see it, I see it, my 2yr old daugther sees it.... if it wasnt for migs, it could've looked very very bad for us

btw there are always the troll in every group.  person that votes for arguably the most under performing player today (allen) and gives him MOTM.   Luckily, there are enough true fans here to null that rogue vote :D 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #589: Nov 23, 2013 11:17:32 pm
      Skrtel and Agger combo is a liability against any of the top teams especially ones that have a big bruising centre forward.
      It's a bit disappointing that BR has still not learnt this from past experiences.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #590: Nov 24, 2013 12:15:24 am
      Been reading an Everton forum. It's unbelievable how incredibly deluded they are..

Coutinho showing why Inter let him go.
      Never seen him do anything in a 'Big' game. His goal aside he was anonymous today.

Didn't think it was a booking type dive tbh. You get clear dives where the players leg isn't there or they pull out and the player dives. Or the Ashley young type of throwing your leg into it....

IMO and maybe I'm looking threw blue specs but the the foul was there, it was very minimal contact and I imagine Ross was imagining it coming in harder so went down. Rightfully it wasn't given but I don't think he tried to conn a free kick, more go down to easily which let's be honest 70% of free kicks the players could stay on there feet.

Suarez vs stoke is a dive, barkley's was going down softly under a challange. There is a difference. Neither is right but there is a difference.

We're better than them in every way.

3-3 FT - should of been 6-3 Mignolet saved them big time.

I don't, we battered them, their keeper was a beast

They didn't even have to try to score against us, three gifts put cleanly on a plate for them

Brilliant game but 2 points dropped

all liverpool have is set pieces, don't they? can't believe we haven't won that. battered them all over

We'll just have to club them at Anfield in January. While the score might have been a draw, we know who is better.

Number of other comments about how they feel sick etc... not to mention that had Mirallas got sent off Everton would've been 2-1 down with 10 men. The outcome would've been frighteningly different. Everton were lucky. Mirallas was lucky.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #591: Nov 24, 2013 12:33:52 am
      The set piece one makes me laugh considering all their goals were from set pieces too. Dumb fucks, can't believe they are so elated by the draw given the fact they got away with a point by the skin of their teeth, had Mirallas been sent off like he should or Allen put his chance away they'd have been up the creek without a paddle.

The Bitters do amuse me, their best player doesn't even belong to them.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #592: Nov 24, 2013 01:03:15 am
      Have to admit, apart from the 'we're better than Liverpool' post from those bitters I wouldn't say they're that deluded in those posts (although generally the mongrels are a deluded bunch), I thought Coutinho faded badly, I read somewhere he was isolated, not as isolated as Suarez yet the jet lagged Uruguayan imposed himself even though he was feeding off long balls and scraps for the most part. I can see why the bluenoses thought it was two point dropped, equally we can say the same - that's just the kind of game it was where both fans feel as though their team could have won. And let's make no bones about it, Mignolet pulled off numerous saves, off the top of my head I think he made 3-4 one on one saves, so he certainly kept us in it, no doubt. We can point to Allen's miss, Suarez's header etc...

They're a decent side, but not enough of our players we're on their game yesterday. Gerrard apart from his dead ball delivery was awful I thought, Johnson wasn't at his best and Agger again showed us why Rodgers left him out for a stretch. I said before the game 'd have liked Agger in the team, in hindsight that was wrong, would have much preferred Toure looking back at it now. Also, fvcking, rub-a-face didn't help us here with his England shenanigans in mid-week, the clown's decisions impacted on our set-up today which didn't help, both sets of fans can feel hard done by a little bit which is why a draw was probably a fair result. 
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #593: Nov 24, 2013 01:13:32 am

Mignolet - Absolutely excellent. Deservedly motm despite conceding three goals. That speaks volumes
      Johnson - Terrible! Overcooked his attacks with his indecisiveness and needs too much thinking time on the ball
      Skrtel & Agger - Showed lack of strength today. Struggled when put under pressure
      Flanagan - Our best defender by some margin. Showed great composure on the ball and intercepted play very well
      Lucas - Best midfielder on the day. Positional awareness was excellent and made crucial tackles/interceptions
      Allen - What has happened? Lacking in confidence and his lack of demand for the ball proved this. Should've made it 3-1
      Coutinho - Good performance today, and adapted well to the pace. Always looking to move the ball forward when in possession
      Suarez - Looked rather flat today, with the Mirallas challenge doing him no favours. Excellent free kick nonetheless

Now there is a good summary of the performances. Agree with all of it!
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #594: Nov 24, 2013 01:17:02 am
      We should've won, no Dowd about it!
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #595: Nov 24, 2013 02:07:48 am
      It was clear to see that the bitters game plan was to make Suarez immobile with their dirty play. Dowd bottled it with the red card as that would have disturbed the flow of the game. Only time I saw Allen in the game was when he missed the sitter and when he got subbed :(
      Johnson once again proving to me he has immense talent but no end product. Awful defending on lukaku, a push and he made no attempt to stick with lukaku. Games done n dusted but maybe a defensive sub was needed when we were leading 1-2. Followed by attacking subs of Moses and Sturridge. Br got the sub timings wrong IMO, should have done it earlier.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #596: Nov 24, 2013 02:58:04 am
      Just finished watching the game for the second time today. Plenty of missed opportunities on both sides. Maybe a draw was the fairest result. Definitely Dowd bottled it on the card though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #597: Nov 24, 2013 04:39:38 am

I don't think Agger or Skrtel were unduly troubled in open play. In fact they were very good. From set plays they seem to lack the coordination. Agger can do a lot better from set plays though and in hindsight perhaps could have done with a Sakho marking Lukaku in such situations. Intriguing that today we saw two teams who are playing very well this season but two teams that have had trouble from defending set plays - yes even Everton fans agree they could be doing better in defending them.

Quick Reply