Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Alberto Moreno (Sevilla)

Read 75471 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Alberto Moreno (Sevilla)
      Reply #23: May 28, 2014 07:32:34 pm
      http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/05/report-liverpool-seal-e20-million-deal-alberto-moreno/
      Report: Liverpool to seal ā€œā‚¬20 millionā€ deal for Alberto Moreno

Liverpool are close to agreeing a deal for Sevilla left-back Alberto Moreno, according to a report in the Spanish media on Wednesday.

SportYou write that Liverpool ā€œare willing to invest 20 million eurosā€ in the 21-year-old.

Earlier this month The Liverpool Echo reported how Moreno was apparently the top target for Brendan Rodgers at left-back this summer.

The signing of Moreno, who is in Spainā€™s provisional squad for the World Cup, would represent quite a coup for Liverpool ā€“ with Chelsea also said to be interested in his services.

Chelsea though, having allowed Ashley Cole to leave on a free, look likely to sign Southamptonā€™s Luke Shaw, paving the way for Liverpool to sign Moreno.

Man Unitedā€™s decision to award Patrice Evra a new contract looks to be an indication that they wonā€™t be signing either of Shaw or Moreno this summer.

Please stop getting me excited about quality players. Can we have a solid link to Bolasie please to bring us back down from dream land? :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #24: May 28, 2014 07:34:47 pm
      Please stop getting me excited about quality players. Can we have a solid link to Bolasie please to bring us back down from dream land? :D

Moreno and Martinez woudn't be a bad day's work eh?  :)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25: May 28, 2014 07:44:37 pm

That might make me go from a soft-on to a full raging boner.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #26: May 28, 2014 07:49:42 pm

Signing Salah was hard enough

Oh wait, we didn't sign him.

Let's not get our hopes up ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #27: May 28, 2014 08:13:46 pm
      Signing Salah was hard enough

Oh wait, we didn't sign him.

Let's not get our hopes up ;)

You are right, we probably won't sign anyone and we should all go around moping about what happened last year for the entire summer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #28: May 28, 2014 11:31:55 pm
      This Is Anfield @thisisanfield
      Marca now reporting the Moreno for 20m Euros story too, but say Suso also involved (unsure whether permanent or loan) http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/05/report-liverpool-seal-e20-million-deal-alberto-moreno/ā€¦
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: May 28, 2014 11:38:45 pm
      This Is Anfield @thisisanfield
      Marca now reporting the Moreno for 20m Euros story too, but say Suso also involved (unsure whether permanent or loan) http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/05/report-liverpool-seal-e20-million-deal-alberto-moreno/ā€¦

I really hope it's not permanent. Would rather keep Suso and forget about signing Moreno.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #30: May 29, 2014 12:32:38 am
      Hearing it would be on loan. Fantastic deal if true.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #31: May 29, 2014 12:45:12 am
      The bit about Suso is peculiar.  his contract expires in the summer of 2015 so if we send him on loan again it would mean he'd be on a free after this upcoming season.  So we'd get nothing for him.  Would make much more sense to just sell him to Sevilla if we're willing to part ways, that way it would knock a little off of the Moreno price.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #32: May 29, 2014 12:57:25 am
      The bit about Suso is peculiar.  his contract expires in the summer of 2015 so if we send him on loan again it would mean he'd be on a free after this upcoming season.  So we'd get nothing for him.  Would make much more sense to just sell him to Sevilla if we're willing to part ways, that way it would knock a little off of the Moreno price.

We could offer him a contract before his current one runs out. It'd make sense to offer him one before we send him out on loan just in case.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #33: May 29, 2014 01:11:19 am
      Well, I suppose that's the question.  Would you rather:

1) give Suso an extension to his contract, then send him on loan to Sevilla

or

2) offer Suso as a makeweight, thus knocking down the 20m to make 15m or even lower?

Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #34: May 29, 2014 01:33:19 am
      Well, I suppose that's the question.  Would you rather:

1) give Suso an extension to his contract, then send him on loan to Sevilla

or

2) offer Suso as a makeweight, thus knocking down the 20m to make 15m or even lower?

It's a no brainer for me. I'd rather loan him out again with the knowledge of keeping him as opposed to using him as a part exchange.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #35: May 29, 2014 10:02:57 am
      These rumours are getting more pathetic by the day. So Suso has been regarded as one of the best youngsters in La Liga, yet we are willing to swap him along with a substantial fee for Moreno?

This time next week, there will be nothing on Moreno. A pathetic rumour.

If he, Sanchez, Pedro or Martinez join the club, I will donate to the forum (I probably should do anyway..)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #36: May 29, 2014 10:15:51 am
      These rumours are getting more pathetic by the day. So Suso has been regarded as one of the best youngsters in La Liga, yet we are willing to swap him along with a substantial fee for Moreno?

This time next week, there will be nothing on Moreno. A pathetic rumour.

If he, Sanchez, Pedro or Martinez join the club, I will donate to the forum (I probably should do anyway..)

I'm with you on Martinez and to an extent Pedro but we have every chance to land Moreno unless Real come calling. My only hope is we offer Suso a contract and send him on loan rather than an outright sale. May be even add Luis Alberto into the equation
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #37: May 29, 2014 12:06:40 pm
      Let's be honest if we sign Lallana or a player of that ilk the chances of Suso getting game time here is very limited. He's a cracking prospect but we're now moving past the point of a prospect getting many minutes in our side.

For his development another loan move could well be the best option but securing him to a longer contract before doing so makes the most sense. Whether he would be prepared for that might be asking a bit much of the lad and we might find that this loan move is with an option to buy. He needs his chance and if that's not going to be given with us he'll have to take it elsewhere and I could respect that.

Moreno is all the rage in spain and if we manage to pull this off it would actually be a surprise to me, as I understood it Real were in prime position (what they need with another LB I don't know). I haven't seen enough of him personally but the level of rave reports he's received would have me very excited that he's a top talent and the fee mentioned looks perfectly acceptable when you look at the money being touted for the likes of Shaw.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: May 29, 2014 12:18:24 pm
      Liverpool table Ā£16million bid for Chelsea target Alberto Moreno

By: Paul JoycePublished: Thu, May 29, 2014

LIVERPOOL have offered Ā£16m for Seville left-back Alberto Moreno and will also send youngster Suso on loan to the Spanish club as part of the deal.

The highly-rated Moreno, 21, is one of a number of targets Liverpoool are trying to secure before the World Cup and Seville are considering the offer.

Manager Brendan Rodgers has shown interest in Chelsea's Ryan Bertrand, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Aston Villa, but the move for Moreno shows how the club has a range of options for each position they are looking to strengthen in.

Moreno, who is currently part of Spain's provisional World Cup squad, has also been linked with a move to Chelsea, who are looking for a successor to Ashley Cole.

Suso spent last term in La Liga with Almeria.

As well as Moreno, Liverpool have also made bids for Adam Lallana, Xherdan Shaqiri, Emre Can and Dejan Lovren.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/478936/Liverpool-table-16million-bid-for-Chelsea-target-Alberto-Moreno
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39: May 29, 2014 12:29:37 pm
      This is heating up. At least we ARE making the right moves  :gt-happyup:

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #40: May 29, 2014 01:16:34 pm
      the ticker on SSN saying we've made a bid. worries me how our potential dealings always seem to become public knowledge....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #41: May 29, 2014 01:22:42 pm
      the ticker on SSN saying we've made a bid. worries me how our potential dealings always seem to become public knowledge....

I think at this point most teams dealings are public knowledge...just too many moving parts in transfers to keep them secret these days.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #42: May 29, 2014 01:30:07 pm
      I hope we sign him. It means we're in the top four of next season already :D
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #43: May 29, 2014 01:35:35 pm
      I think at this point most teams dealings are public knowledge...just too many moving parts in transfers to keep them secret these days.

I hope the 'Liverpool way' prevails and we've actually got Shaw, Khedira, Muller and Aguero coming in under the radar and these reported transfers are all smoke and mirrors! :P

On a serious note; I'd feel Ā£16m + Suso on loan for a season would be great business for Moreno! :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #44: May 29, 2014 05:01:53 pm
      Can't say I've watched him but with the massive wraps on him, the decent fee for the hype, and Suso going to a good club like Sevilla on loan then this deal shouldn't have any moaners?*

*Never underestimate football fans however.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #45: May 29, 2014 05:21:20 pm
      Just seen this on SSN, picking up pace it seems.

Also not seen much of him but I know a few people who have and the reports are very promising.

Quick Reply