Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea)

Read 18936 times
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Re: Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea)
      Reply #138: Jul 24, 2014 02:41:52 pm
      Considering most papers have about a 1 in 5 hit rate for transfer targets, a news aggregator that grabs info from papers and even less relaible web sources, such as newsnow, is a sh*t source.  Maybe not as bad as twitter, but vey little in life is.

It's not really a source though, is it? It just connects you to other Web sites where the initial source could have come from. Some reliable, some not so. One member asked for where these links came from, so I told him how to find them.

Conversation over.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #139: Jul 24, 2014 02:47:29 pm
      In other words, it's not just a crap source, it's an aggregator of other crap sources.

Got it, thanks :lmao:

Well done dick head.

It provides links to the official lfc website also, so by your logic that is also a crap source? Correct?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #140: Jul 24, 2014 02:55:44 pm
      It's not really a source though, is it? It just connects you to other Web sites where the initial source could have come from. Some reliable, some not so. One member asked for where these links came from, so I told him how to find them.

Conversation over.

Conversation's over because it's a sh*t source, n'est pas.

Any chance of you posting like you're not an arrogant, condescending SOB, or is that not in your 'range'?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #141: Jul 24, 2014 03:03:09 pm

Well done dick head.

It provides links to the official lfc website also, so by your logic that is also a crap source? Correct?

You do realize the LFC website also aggregates stories from "gossip" sites as well right? :lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,512 posts | 2873 
      Reply #142: Jul 24, 2014 03:25:11 pm
      There's a link to the article in the Echo on the previous page. So there is a 'decent' source reporting this.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #143: Jul 24, 2014 04:27:21 pm

Any chance of you posting like you're not an arrogant, condescending SOB, or is that not in your 'range'?

Well done dick head.

I didn't see at the time, but it appears you answered before I even asked the question.  ;D

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #144: Jul 24, 2014 05:40:32 pm
      I'm sure there are other and better left backs than Ryan Bertrand!

Not convinced with him, and no he is not another Sturridge
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #145: Jul 24, 2014 05:52:45 pm
      The irony in some of the above posts is just begging to ask the question of "What is your reading comprehension level?"

On the topic of Bertrand, Al Pacino had one.  Johnny Depp tried to convince him to get a new one.  Al got whacked.

This in and of itself leads me to say I don't think we should sign the player.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #146: Jul 24, 2014 05:53:08 pm
      In other words, it's not just a crap source, it's an aggregator of other crap sources.

Got it, thanks :lmao:

Mac Red's machine?

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #147: Jul 24, 2014 08:40:08 pm

Conversation's over because it's a sh*t source, n'est pas.

I was wondering exactly the same about you and FL. I kindly answer one forum users post and predictably, you and FL come along and sh*t all over my post.. And I'm arrogant? Sure!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #148: Jul 24, 2014 08:45:41 pm
      You do realize the LFC website also aggregates stories from "gossip" sites as well right? :lmao:

Also links the direct news coming from LFC too, and even stories from the echo. There is a lot of sh*te sources that are on newsnow, but there are also some more credible ones too.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #149: Jul 24, 2014 10:33:33 pm
      Ok for a player who plays at a top club has played for his country and played in a champions league final he is really not wanted by Liverpool fans. I recall him marking Sterling out of the game at Anfield last season which is no mean feat so with that added to the other things Ive mentioned I cant understand the complete Anti-Bertrand stance.

So as I don't watch a lot of football apart from Liverpool these days I decided to google "Chelsea Forum" I went into the first one that came up and had a look for a Ryan Bertrand thread. There was one started last October titled "Ryan Bertrand-should he stay" Most of the posts I scanned through had a lot of time for him as a player with the main theme being he should go for his own sake i.e. regular football but from a football perspective they rate him.

Interestingly it also says he along with Marin and McEachran and a few others are frozen out training on there own because they are moving (proves what a c**t jose is) so maybe he is coming here?

Finally and most tellingly for me, Brendan has worked with Bertrand before and obviously knows his strengths and weaknesses, if BR thinks hell do a job for us Id trust him
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #150: Jul 24, 2014 11:46:19 pm
      You can't be serious if you rate a player just because he played CL final and Chelsea half team were missing .

There's no point  arguing here he's sh*t not wanted by villa , sh*t crossing , sh*t defending , everybody knows that even people who are against marquee signing say he's sh*t .

So I don't see the point wasting our millions on a average player, it's like buying another Aspas , no and hell no if we buy Bertrand then we failed to fix the gap in our LB .

BR should realised now that going for cheap options will only bring average quality .   
      I hope we don't sign him and he goes to any other mid table if anybody is interested in him ,
      Plus if Chelsea wanted him they wouldn't send him on loan nor sign luis but yes let's buy other people unwanted trash ! .
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #151: Jul 24, 2014 11:57:59 pm
      Plus if Chelsea wanted him they wouldn't send him on loan
      Sturridge and Lukaku ring a bell mate . To tell you the truth i don't know the lads form but if Rodgers wants him then he should get him . Who better to get the best from him .

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #152: Jul 25, 2014 12:22:01 am
      would just be better give one younger players a chance, spent 8 million on bertrand he sh*t, sometimes our transfer or players we go for l can understand, we liverpool fc one biggest club in world, were buying these type players
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #153: Jul 25, 2014 12:31:20 am
      would just be better give one younger players a chance, spent 8 million on bertrand he sh*t, sometimes our transfer or players we go for l can understand, we liverpool fc one biggest club in world, were buying these type players

How sh*t I'm not sure. Think Rodgers has worked with him before so he likes him and has faith in him if we really are in for him.

I don't know but would so many think he was so sh*t if his name was Ryano Bertrando and we were getting him from a Spanish club?

Saying that,  El Stewart Downinio was as sh*t as we all thought. I'm not too up on Bertrando though so I'll just have a guess.

Dog sh*t.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #154: Jul 25, 2014 12:54:38 am
      I was wondering exactly the same about you and FL. I kindly answer one forum users post and predictably, you and FL come along and sh*t all over my post.. And I'm arrogant? Sure!

Predictable  you say.  Think that says more about your posts than me an FL.

As for Bertrand, really think this is nowt but paper talk, aka lazy journalism.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #155: Jul 25, 2014 01:49:47 am
      How sh*t I'm not sure. Think Rodgers has worked with him before so he likes him and has faith in him if we really are in for him.

I don't know but would so many think he was so sh*t if his name was Ryano Bertrando and we were getting him from a Spanish club?

Saying that,  El Stewart Downinio was as sh*t as we all thought. I'm not too up on Bertrando though so I'll just have a guess.

Dog sh*t.

It's simple spanish league do have some reel talent unlike  English players insanely over-rated you may see someone talented once in a full moon it's very rare that explains why the national team is average as well.
      So yes that's why people prefer foreign players and think twice about local players it's easy .

BR is a human and he make mistakes and this one it's going to be like the previous mistakes he made signing aspas, borini , assaidi ect.. And Bertrand 100% falls into this category of players.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #156: Jul 25, 2014 02:00:14 am

So yes that's why people prefer foreign players and think twice about local players it's easy

it's going to be like the previous mistakes he made signing aspas, borini , assaidi

:confused-smiley-013:
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #157: Jul 25, 2014 02:15:39 am
      It's simple spanish league do have some reel talent unlike  English players insanely over-rated you may see someone talented once in a full moon it's very rare that explains why the national team is average as well.
      So yes that's why people prefer foreign players and think twice about local players it's easy .

BR is a human and he make mistakes and this one it's going to be like the previous mistakes he made signing aspas, borini , assaidi ect.. And Bertrand 100% falls into this category of players.

wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #158: Jul 25, 2014 03:52:09 am
      I am surprised that we are pushing for Bertrand when Rojo is available. Apparently, Southampton is close to picking him up for 10M. Surely, if we were interested he would chose us instead. How do you guys rate Rojo? Do you agree that he would be a better option than Bertrand?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #159: Jul 25, 2014 08:30:09 am

Nearly ran out of a breathe reading each line of that.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #160: Jul 25, 2014 10:05:11 am
      can we close this thread please admin? not only bertrand one of the dullest, most average players in the league, he has sparked one of the dullest discussions this forum has ever seen.

please, for the sake of my friday...end this torture.

Quick Reply