Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Martin Odegaard (Strømsgodset IF)

Read 17969 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Martin Odegaard (Strømsgodset IF)
      Dec 04, 2014 07:11:09 am
      According to the Daily Mail we showed him around Melwood yesterday....

Does anyone want to pretend they watch him play week in week out and tell us more?
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2015 08:25:42 pm by RedPuppy »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Re: Martin Odegaard
      Reply #1: Dec 04, 2014 07:41:12 am
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11272081/Liverpool-transfer-news-Norway-teenager-Martin-Odegaard-sparks-rumours-of-Anfield-move.html

He has been on the radar since last season, being a fan says Liverpool is his preferred destination.
      Seen in Liverpool with his father and Philippe Coutinho having a meal. 

« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2014 08:04:53 am by stuey »
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #2: Dec 04, 2014 08:37:00 am
      I've scratched around and found full games of him and he looks very gifted. Same mould as Messi and Hazard, left footed loves a dribble and very clever!

Think this would be an absolute steal at anything less than 10 million. Anything below 13 would be acceptable but more is a lot on a 15 year old regardless of how good he is!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: Dec 04, 2014 09:38:49 am
      He's been the most talked about teenager in football the past six months. A Liverpool fan to boot.

Get him in.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4: Dec 04, 2014 11:42:26 am
      He's had a very good season in the Norwegian top flight playing against Men and holding his own in terms of strength and in game intelligence and blowing them away in terms of skill. He's also the youngest Norwegian to ever represent his country and did ok when he came on. I see a very bright future for this kid and seeing as he's a Liverpool boyhood fan its all good, we really should go all out to get him. He's fill the role of Stevie, as AM, perfectly in a few years time.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #5: Dec 04, 2014 11:50:39 am
      A no brainer for FSG. If thwy want to stay loyal to their footballing model, then this is the guy to purchase. With the prospect he is showing, he could well be worth close to £100m one day.

Without trying to ruin this thread, many players fail to live to their potential and this kid could well be one of them.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #6: Dec 04, 2014 12:07:29 pm
      A no brainer for FSG. If thwy want to stay loyal to their footballing model, then this is the guy to purchase. With the prospect he is showing, he could well be worth close to £100m one day.

Without trying to ruin this thread, many players fail to live to their potential and this kid could well be one of them.

Make your mind up, is he eventually gonna be worth 100m or severely disappoint.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #7: Dec 04, 2014 12:10:51 pm
      This kid already looks better than Markovic. Sign him up!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #8: Dec 04, 2014 02:50:35 pm
      There's a Norwegian fella uses the pub regulary who watches their league religiously on the satellite. In his words this kid "makes fools of players" over there, but he claims that in the main it is a really low standard (top teams aside). That said, at fifteen years of age he must be pretty special to get a game at international level.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #9: Dec 04, 2014 04:56:51 pm
      the most talented player ever to come out from Norway. Altough our league isnt good, you can still see Martin has talent. Apart from his skills, the thing that impressed me most is his football inteligence. Him being a Liverpool, we should sign him asap. I honestly cant see any why we shouldnt sign a promsing youngster.

Also according to VG, a Norwegien newspaper. Real are also seriously intrested in Martin but Martin perfers Liverpool.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #10: Dec 04, 2014 08:55:58 pm
      Trained with us today apparently.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #11: Dec 05, 2014 11:03:53 am
      Read somewhere today that Real Madrid are going to be "aggressive" on their attempts to sign this lad.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #12: Dec 05, 2014 12:11:55 pm

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #13: Dec 05, 2014 12:17:44 pm

He's wearing a green bib, does that mean he starts on Saturday?
      ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Dec 05, 2014 12:21:44 pm
      He's wearing a green bib, does that mean he starts on Saturday?
      ;)

He's a big lad. He can do what he wants.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #15: Dec 05, 2014 12:30:50 pm
      Read somewhere today that Real Madrid are going to be "aggressive" on their attempts to sign this lad.

Not for nothing is he being courted by LFC. somebody at the club is more than confident he will sign.
      He will know of the tradition and history of the club being a supporter as he is.
      RM can be as aggresive as they wish - if the lad has no empathy with that club there's nothing down for them.
      His father who chaperoned him is no doubt red too, job's a good'un.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #16: Dec 05, 2014 01:23:20 pm
      Hes 15.... Not that fussed if we get him or not. He wont be in the team for 3 or 4 years if ever. Our record isnt great with young lads bought in from other countries. Q the oul "Norwegian Messi" or whatever doesnt matter

Much rather see us linked with a top keeper and 4 good defenders this January
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #17: Dec 05, 2014 01:47:33 pm
      Hes 15.... Not that fussed if we get him or not. He wont be in the team for 3 or 4 years if ever. Our record isnt great with young lads bought in from other countries. Q the oul "Norwegian Messi" or whatever doesnt matter

If we had that attitude when offering a potential £5m deal for Sterling when he was 15 we'd be without arguably our best player right now.

The January window isn't open yet so it would be pure speculation as to whom we are looking at in that regard, whereas this lad is available now.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #18: Dec 05, 2014 01:49:57 pm
      Reassuring to see he gets to be on a football pitch with Brendan. I get the feeling his passion for the club as well as meeting and talking to Brendan and experiencing his enthusiasm for the game will be enough if we do have a bid accepted.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #19: Dec 05, 2014 03:32:00 pm
      If we had that attitude when offering a potential £5m deal for Sterling when he was 15 we'd be without arguably our best player right now.

The January window isn't open yet so it would be pure speculation as to whom we are looking at in that regard, whereas this lad is available now.

I knew someone would mention Sterling. 1 player that has come through in how many years? Our record is crap and as I said in particular with kids from outside of these islands
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #20: Dec 05, 2014 03:38:04 pm

He is good enough to play for his country at 15, I don't think it will be too long before he'd get games for us.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #21: Dec 05, 2014 05:27:06 pm
      Toure said he was impressed with him and apparently, was out having dinner with Coutinho and others :O

I knew someone would mention Sterling. 1 player that has come through in how many years? Our record is crap and as I said in particular with kids from outside of these islands

I agree, our record really is horrendous for foreign kids and has been poor for a while for home grown players. I don't think it's a question of ability, but more so the manager, whether he has the balls to nurture & play a youngster from our youth setup or not.

Look at Harry Kane, an average youngster, nothing spectacular but is getting a run of games, playing well and scoring goals, all because he's getting the chance and a manager who believes in him.

Another thing I'll throw in, we have a strong reputation for nurturing special players well. Owen, Fowler, Gerrard, McManaman & Sterling, so hopefully, Odegaard can fall into that category.

Anyway, If Odegaard does join, I hope he, along with our other talented youngsters get a run in the first team to show their worth.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #22: Dec 05, 2014 07:08:18 pm
      He is good enough to play for his country at 15, I don't think it will be too long before he'd get games for us.

Fair play to him, and there is no doubt theres something there as every major club is having a look but like I said Ive seen way too many young kids signed by us and people believing we'd signed superstars only for them to be not good enough when it came to it or not given the chance by the club

Great if we sign IF we sign top level 1st teamers for our trouble positions first

Quick Reply