Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      29 (40.8%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      11 (15.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      12 (16.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (2.8%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      5 (7%)
      Raheem Sterling
      7 (9.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Apr 08, 2015 02:47:13 pm

Arsenal 4-1 Liverpool: In game and post match debate

Read 50732 times
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Re: Arsenal 4-1 Liverpool: In game and post match debate
      Reply #621: Apr 04, 2015 06:52:17 pm
      I agree that Allen has had a good last 2 months, but how many seasons has he been here now? I'd even go so far and say he's had 2 good months for every season he's been here. In other words, not nearly good enough for LFC. But even so, another issue I have with Allen is that you do not play Allen 'and' Lucas in the same midfield. That's where I say I get irritated sometimes with the Gaffer. When Lucas and Allen play in midfield at the same time, we have no creative outplay and a lack of mobility. Against teams like Arsenal (or any team) that lack of movement plus lack of creativity is going to cost you big time.
      I think you're mistaken Allen with Gerrard. Gerrard is similar to Lucas. So it's him or Lucas. It's totally different with Allen. Allen does actually still have legs, unlike Lucas. Allen doesn't lack movement at all. Yes, he isn't creative but we've Coutinho and a bit less Henderson for that. Allen job today(I hope it was today otherwise BR made a stupid decision) was supporting Henderson(passing the ball to him) and Lucas(helping defending). I don't know when the last time was when Allen played with Lucas and I would like to know if he played badly in the months October-December.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #622: Apr 04, 2015 06:53:15 pm
      Their involvement in the Club is practically zilch, so I doubt they've learnt much anyway. Plus, as I understand it, Brendan is a part of the transfer committee, he has to take his share of the blame. Brendan has always said he has final say on transfers, so is he lying?
      He(BR) has said that multiple times so I presume he is.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #623: Apr 04, 2015 06:56:21 pm
      It seems to me that the owners slowly introduced an American sports system into the club regardless, whereby a committee or a GM picks the players and the manager has to utilise whoever is available to him. From Brendan's point he's probably thought that he may not get another opportunity at a club like ours and simply stuck around to show what he can do under the constraints.

A GM is another term for a DOF....did not realize it is limited to any particular sport or continent.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #624: Apr 04, 2015 06:58:18 pm
      Their involvement in the Club is practically zilch, so I doubt they've learnt much anyway. Plus, as I understand it, Brendan is a part of the transfer committee, he has to take his share of the blame. Brendan has always said he has final say on transfers, so is he lying?

Well, if he does have final say, we may be in trouble. 

Either way, our deals in the transfer market stink and someone has to carry the can.

EDIT: It's not even so much that FSG aren't spending; for me it's more a case of the money is being wasted on too many hopefuls.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #625: Apr 04, 2015 06:59:19 pm
      How has Mignolet got MoM he should have saved the Ozil freekick and the Sanchez shot......
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #626: Apr 04, 2015 07:08:15 pm
      How has Mignolet got MoM he should have saved the Ozil freekick and the Sanchez shot......

Think its because he stopped it being 7 or 8 -1 with a few good saves
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #627: Apr 04, 2015 07:10:10 pm
      Think its because he stopped it being 7 or 8 -1 with a few good saves

I saw 1 really good save in the first and one in the second, but heh ho when you get spanked 4-1 I suppose it's difficult to pick a outfield player.

Personally myself Sakho was our best player.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #628: Apr 04, 2015 07:12:42 pm
      Well, if he does have final say, we may be in trouble. 

Either way, our deals in the transfer market stink and someone has to carry the can.

EDIT: It's not even so much that FSG aren't spending; for me it's more a case of the money is being wasted on too many hopefuls.

Exactly, it's not that money isn't being spent but as you say,we just waste money.
      As I understand it Brendan has always stated that he has final say on transfers, so he has to take his portion of blame for some of the diabolical signings we have made.
      As for FSG, I hardly think John Henry is going to get on the phone to Brendan and tell him, sign so and so! I really think their knowledge of football could be written on a postage stamp!
      So, do we devolve all transfer dealings to Brendan, do we appoint another transfer committee, do we appoint a DOF, I have no idea, but we need to do something, because what is in place now is not working and we are just wasting money!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #629: Apr 04, 2015 07:24:59 pm
      Disgrace and has killed off any top 4 hopes. Not good enough. Simple as that.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #630: Apr 04, 2015 07:54:46 pm
      Mignolet, despite a few great saves was at fault for the Ozil free kick and should never have been beaten by the Sanchez strike. Moreno was shocking and i hope he gets a good f**king for putting his hands behind his back for the first goal, what the f**k was he thinking? Taking away all his balancing ability and his ability to move. Totally stupid.

Man of the match apparently. Couldn't make that sh*t up.

Yes, he has improved but man of the match because he stopped it from being 7 as opposed to 4? It should have been 2.

Two of the goals should not have got past him. Yes he made three terrific saves but F***ing hell he owes us them considering he only started to actually goal keep for us about two months ago. The Sanchez goal was right at him and went straight through an area he should have been keeping and the free kick he should have saved without getting his shorts dirty.

He may well turn out well but just because he has improved it doesn't make him the perfect goalkeeper.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #631: Apr 04, 2015 08:10:22 pm
      Moreno was shocking and i hope he gets a good f**king for putting his hands behind his back for the first goal, what the f**k was he thinking? Taking away all his balancing ability and his ability to move. Totally stupid.

He put his hands behind his back so the ball wouldn't hit them, which no doubt you'd be slating him for if that happened. Lots of players do it throughout a match.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #632: Apr 04, 2015 08:12:00 pm
      That's the real trouble here; nobody knows what is going on, but it's obvious that someone or some people are messing up every season. And it's primarily off the field. We're just seeing the fallout on the pitch but it starts at the top.

It is a fantastic situation that has been created at Anfield where the finger cannot be pointed at any one person. Is it Ayres, is it Brendan is it the committee, is it Fenway, no one knows and it seems the club prefer it this way with no one being held  responsible..
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #633: Apr 04, 2015 08:27:22 pm
      It seems that this team is hellbent on erasing and reversing every great result from last season
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #634: Apr 04, 2015 08:40:14 pm
      Got to make sure we lift the FA Cup now. Then kick out the tat next season and buy some REAL, PROVEN quality. If we can attract them that is...
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #635: Apr 04, 2015 08:41:57 pm
      Trouble is mate barring Stevie our midfield has been lightweight for far too long .

The trouble started 2 seasons ago, LFC history is always there for BR to refer to where during our all conquering years we had very strong and tough tackling midfielders in Souness, McMahon, Case etc. Event pint size players like Craig Johnston will give every defenders nighmare. Now what we have is a slow Lucas and lighweigh Allen, and lighweigh Markovic.

That simply tells us that we're indeed an average team now compared to all those years ago.

It's in the middle  of the park that we're in real sh*t now and a total collapse, not really the front line. And I;m sad to say, BR has done badly or done nothing effectively so far to get the midfield sorted. Get that sorted out and things will fall in place. I'm not siding with FSG, they're as much to be blamed but they did not buy Allen, but BR did. 2 seasons ago many here already said he is not good enough for us with that odd Hollywood performance from time to time but BR persists to play him there.

World class team always have world class players to anchor the midfield, in our case we have very average players there.

I've been shouting for 2 seasons to get a quality DM and what we got is more lighweigh players into the team.

BR, skills is not enough you need brute force in the players as well.

We have bought badly so far, I'm not sure whether the next window would fix all the issues. It may take another 3 or 4 windows to do that knowing too well FSG will not spend big. Even then more quality players will leave because the owner did not show enough ambition and we're back to the starting point.

What saddens me most is that BR, transfer committee or owner, or a combination of all has really exposed themselves to the world to see how incompetent we are in running the club as a whole.

I'd say go back to the the good old days how the club operated in a simple way, now could be a case of us having too many cooks and no individual takes responsibility.   
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,058 posts | 547 
      Reply #636: Apr 04, 2015 08:49:29 pm
      Man of the match apparently. Couldn't make that sh*t up.

Yes, he has improved but man of the match because he stopped it from being 7 as opposed to 4? It should have been 2.

Two of the goals should not have got past him. Yes he made three terrific saves but f**king hell he owes us them considering he only started to actually goal keep for us about two months ago. The Sanchez goal was right at him and went straight through an area he should have been keeping and the free kick he should have saved without getting his shorts dirty.

He may well turn out well but just because he has improved it doesn't make him the perfect goalkeeper.

I think he got MOTM cos he had F**k all competition.

I would have given it to Can, until he stupidly got himself sent off, dropping us even further in the sh*t with another suspension.
      Didnt vote for anyone in the end. Everyone was sh*t today, the whole team didnt turn up.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #637: Apr 04, 2015 09:10:03 pm
      I havent voted for anybody , the scoreline and the performance , to me didnt deserve a vote from me no matter who wasn't quite as bad as another of the players.
      seems to me whenever some player creates a media frenzy and generally messes about in the media , the performances suffer.
      no matter what BR says about team spirit and how training is going really well and how everyones great and good lads, keeping the problems and issues that will come up every season in house and keeping control of the PR has to come first and if it doesn't then somebody isnt doing their job properly.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #638: Apr 04, 2015 09:39:13 pm
      First in the MOTM poll cost us two goals and second got himself one of the stupidest red cards I've seen in a while. Sums our day right up.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,655 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #639: Apr 04, 2015 10:06:11 pm
      MOTM? You're having a laugh.
      Bottled it, the lot of them.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #640: Apr 04, 2015 10:12:00 pm
      MOTM? You're having a laugh.
      Bottled it, the lot of them.

I voted Sterling. Least he had a pop and won us a penalty. Clutching at straws like but he was the best out of a bad bunch.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #641: Apr 04, 2015 10:22:34 pm
      Just getting ready to put myself through some misery on MOTD.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,655 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #642: Apr 04, 2015 10:25:17 pm
      I voted Sterling. Least he had a pop and won us a penalty. Clutching at straws like but he was the best out of a bad bunch.

Just pissed off, mate.
      Hate seeing Hendo as a F***ing wingback.
      Should give it to him or Sterling but gutted top 4 is gone.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #643: Apr 04, 2015 10:27:45 pm
      Hate seeing Hendo as a F***ing wingback.

This was my biggest surprise when I logged on here after the game.

Seen the line up and presumed Hendo would be in the middle ahead of Lucas.

Hears the manager moves him to wiong back pissed me right off.

Quick Reply