Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

West Ham 2-0 Liverpool: In game and post match debate

Read 49978 times
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Re: West Ham 2-0 Liverpool: In game and post match debate
      Reply #805: Jan 02, 2016 06:05:24 pm
      Benteke scored in the last two games.

He can't do it all himself you know? How about the midfield chipping in? Too much to ask?

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #806: Jan 02, 2016 06:08:25 pm
      some lads are doing a year on the wagon for health reasons I was thinking of doing the same and forgetting about football for a year by then we may have something worthy of getting upset about
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #807: Jan 02, 2016 06:08:34 pm
      I still can't understand the fact that the two most expensive players in the club's history are both players who don't suit our desired style of play. How does that happen?

With all due respect to Kenny, and none whatsoever to Rodgers, that's what happens when you bring in a manager who has been out of the game for so long, and when you bring in a manager who is only proven at domestic level with his greatest accomplishment being that he kept Swansea City up. Even Leicester City had greater ambitions bringing in Ranieri who had done more previously and is fairly well respected in the European game. Our owners tried to do things on the cheap, rather than bringing in a proven manager, and its cost them. Now they'll have to sell off the bad signings at cut price and accept that now they have to invest even more to bring in quality players who can actually get the job done under a manager proven at European level.

I just don't get how fans can still defend Rodgers. Okay, he was our manager when we came second and close to winning the league but lets not pretend that didn't have a lot to do with Suarez literally ripping teams to shreds week in, week out. He was dragging us to the league title, only for us to falter at the final hurdle again. The side out there now has no suitable Suarez replacement, no suitable Agger replacement, no suitable Reina replacement and no suitable Gerrard replacement. I am unbelievably pissed off because the spine of a strong team has been completely dismantled and replaced with B grade fodder and so many of our fans are lapping it up like its wonderful.

How long are they going to continue acting and pretending like Allen is actually good? He is a mid table Premier League player at best. So many of our fans need to bloody wake up its unbelievable. The world of delusion they are living in knows no bounds. Time for a whiskey me thinks.

:mad:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #808: Jan 02, 2016 06:16:26 pm
      Or Mascher .  We could pay his tax fine out of the money we waste.

I grew up watching games with  Norman Hunter ,Billy Bremner,  Tommy Smith  and  Ron Harris .

They'd make your teeth grate when they tackled.

(Thats El Tel in the photo isnt it? Thought Bobby Smith to start but Terry Venables defo )

Bringing Masch back would be a great start mate. Yeah it's TV in the background.

One of the problems in today's football is half the time the manager doesn't even speak to the player before they are signed, so any questions about their character tend to be overlooked until it's too late. There is no doubt we have some skillful  footballers but too many of them don't have the determination and strength of will to go with it.   

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #809: Jan 02, 2016 06:17:20 pm
      I agree with you welshred the players we bought from the transfer fees of Suarez and Sterling were very poor quality.And though Rodgers has gone I can only blame him 100% for the situation we are in regarding the poor quality of our present playing staff.
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #810: Jan 02, 2016 06:20:28 pm
      Benteke scored in the last two games.

He can't do it all himself you know? How about the midfield chipping in? Too much to ask?

He needs to meet them half way, and he isn't. Suarez did, and we reaped the rewards. Suarez dropped deep to pick up the ball, fed off Coutinho, spread the ball out wide and made runs into the box, he chased down off the ball. The fact is, Benteke is a lazy b***ard and Suarez was the personification of work ethic. Benteke is no better than Balotelli yet Balotelli got crucified for his lack of work rate and yet Benteke is being pardoned or having excuses made for him. I'm starting to think Mario is right when he says he doesn't get his fair shout because the hypocritical stance of some, and their instantaneous want to make him a scapegoat and point of blame, is utterly disgusting to be quite blunt about it. There really is very little difference with the two to be honest. Both miss sitters. Both are lazy. Both score wonder goals when they want to turn it on. Yet only one of them gets crucified. Its becoming quite clear that a lot of people have it in for Balotelli just because he's Balotelli and they've been taken in by the vulgar rags those of us with morals avoid.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #811: Jan 02, 2016 06:32:33 pm
      With all due respect to Kenny, and none whatsoever to Rodgers, that's what happens when you bring in a manager who has been out of the game for so long, and when you bring in a manager who is only proven at domestic level with his greatest accomplishment being that he kept Swansea City up. can actually get the job done under a manager proven at European level.

I just don't get how fans can still defend Rodgers.

Okay, he was our manager when we came second and close to winning the league but lets not pretend that didn't have a lot to do with Suarez literally ripping teams to shreds week in, week out. He was dragging us to the league title, only for us to falter at the final hurdle again. The side out there now has no suitable Suarez replacement, no suitable Agger replacement, no suitable Reina replacement and no suitable Gerrard replacement.

I am unbelievably pissed off because the spine of a strong team has been completely dismantled and replaced with B grade fodder and so many of our fans are lapping it up like its wonderful.

:mad:

Exactly.

Bringing Masch back would be a great start mate. Yeah it's TV in the background.

One of the problems in today's football is half the time the manager doesn't even speak to the player before they are signed, so any questions about their character tend to be overlooked until it's too late.

Absolutely agree except that on one occasion Mr Rodgers made it known he had sat in his office at Melwood talkling to Balotelli for three hours to get inside his head before approving the  signing.

Heres the thing.
      Rodgers was out bullshitted by another bullshitter.
      Seems like both he and Box of Frogs did a good interview .

welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #812: Jan 02, 2016 06:54:37 pm
      Balotelli gave up on Rodgers after the Besiktas game. Balotelli played great all game and Besiktas were dirty but he still refused to get drawn into a stupid situation and get sent off. Our creativity in the final third was non-existent and what does Rodgers do? He takes off the only player working hard for the team, Balotelli. Well, it's no wonder Balotelli went off and looked like he had swallowed a wasp. What's worse is that Rodgers didn't even look at him as he went off. You know what the clueless Rodgers did also during this game? He brought on Manquillo when the side was clearly lacking creativity. The game went to penalties and we lost because thanks to Rodgers, one of the best penalty takers in Europe was off the field.

When you are a talented professional in any capacity and you know it, and you have worked under some of the best managers in your time, why the heck would you tolerate that level of stupidity? I can totally understand why Mario lost faith in him and didn't want to play for him because what Rodgers did was totally wrong. Of course though, the media lapped it up, made Mario out to be the spawn of Satan as usual and we lose a talent all because Mr Stubborn needed to replace the 'bad egg' Balotelli with one of his favourites. Even Emre Can went over to Balotelli as he went off because he acknowledged how hard he had worked in that game.

Here are the two photos below.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #813: Jan 02, 2016 07:03:44 pm
      Would have Balo over Benteke all day long still not ideal but still better than that lamp
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #814: Jan 02, 2016 07:15:47 pm
      Oh F**k me. Here's me celebrating the New Year, when it is in fact April Fool's.

The answer to our prayers are Mario Balotelli and Lazar Markovic.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #815: Jan 02, 2016 07:21:30 pm
      Oh f**k me. Here's me celebrating the New Year, when it is in fact April Fool's.

The answer to our prayers are Mario Balotelli and Lazar Markovic.

Who's saying they are answer to our prayers ?Stating a fact about who would rather have up front that's all
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #816: Jan 02, 2016 07:23:54 pm
      Who's saying they are answer to our prayers ?Stating a fact about who would rather have up front that's all

Forwards are paid to score;

Benteke 7 in 20
      Balotelli 4 in 28

And I don't think Benteke's record is anywhere near good enough, let alone Balotelli's.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #817: Jan 02, 2016 07:24:53 pm
      please forget Balo he will not be back here thank F**k a complete waster of a player probably the last player we need at this time.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #818: Jan 02, 2016 07:27:23 pm

Benteke 7 in 20
      Balotelli 4 in 28

And I don't think Benteke's record is anywhere near good enough, let alone Balotelli's.
      Fully agree but I still think free kicks, pens and although not great workrate could pull something out of blue albeit not enough. Would a chance to work with Klopp not work and if still no success he goes.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #819: Jan 02, 2016 07:27:36 pm

Benteke 7 in 20
      Balotelli 4 in 28

6 for Andy Carrol and 2 for Lambert makes  19 goals for an investment of about £90million aren't we the clever club
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #820: Jan 02, 2016 07:30:31 pm
      Fully agree but I still think free kicks, pens and although not great workrate could pull something out of blue albeit not enough. Would a chance to work with Klopp not work and if still no success he goes.

you don't get it do you Balotelli is sh*te.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #821: Jan 02, 2016 07:36:33 pm
      I do not envy having to manage that bunch. I would not know where to start.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #822: Jan 02, 2016 07:38:12 pm
      please forget Balo he will not be back here thank f**k a complete waster of a player probably the last player we need at this time.

Agreed. Don't want to see him ever again in a Liverpool shirt. Some people are clearly forgetting just how tragic a human being he was on the field, let alone a football player. You'd have to be some kind of masochist to want to see that type of performance on the field again.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,334 posts | 4960 
      Reply #823: Jan 02, 2016 07:41:40 pm
      In the absence of Ings, Studge and Origi, I would play Firmino instead of Benteke. At least he is a footballer, and puts himself about.

Benteke is just a lazy, waste of space.

I haven't seen today's game but so far this season I haven't seen much of Firmino 'putting himself about'.

Not to say I don't think he's a good footballer because he obviously has quality
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #824: Jan 02, 2016 07:45:11 pm
      if your on our hit list waiting for the call and you see your potential team play like that you get on the phone and tell your Agent what ever you do don't send me to Anfield
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #825: Jan 02, 2016 07:45:54 pm
      If we can't win the title under Klopp, then we won't win it with anyone

Back the man, sit back, and get the popcorn out
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #826: Jan 02, 2016 07:48:57 pm
      I do not envy having to manage that bunch. I would not know where to start.

From scratch mate.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #827: Jan 02, 2016 07:50:41 pm
      to use a previous managers well used word "character" is in short supply with these players as people they don't seem strong enough to play at the very top level.

Quick Reply