Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Loris Karius
      3 (1.9%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.6%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (2.5%)
      Emre Can
      3 (1.9%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      81 (50.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      35 (21.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      9 (5.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      17 (10.6%)
      Ovie Ejaria
      2 (1.3%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 155

Voting closed: Nov 10, 2016 04:09:59 pm

Liverpool 6-1 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 41397 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Re: Liverpool 6-1 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Nov 07, 2016 10:40:20 am
      Of course it is only November , and god only knows how I made that game yesterday , but there seems to be a vibe in the stands like the air has changed ,

remember sitting there in the owl era thinking how in fck did it come to this , that is thankfully put in the trash hopefully never to be repeated ,

What we have now is a group of players totall sucked in by the manager and setting us on fire again , have noticed this season where I've been sat seems to be a lot more younger scousers about  and they are definitely ramping it up in the new stand could that be down to tickets being put on sale to locals ? Whatever the reason it's great to sit amongst them .

On a side note from me I mentioned only just making the game some know , but my daughter was in a real bad rta on sat night, and is extremely lucky to be alive the tree she hit actually saved her life , she has several fractures to her back her neck , broken ribs and smashed teeth,
      I had to leave the hospital yesterday morning to go home and get the tickets for my mates who were going they were already two hours late leaving , through gritted stumps and blood she told me to go to the game and enjoy she knows what it means having been on the kop  herself numerous times ,

I went to the game as there really was fck all I could do in the hospital ,I knew she was going to be fine you see ,
      Now some might say I shouldn't have gone but when I got back to the hospital last night she asked me to hold her hand and tell her how good we was,

Well that's just some of my emotions from yesterday because on what could have been a tragic weekend for me the reds provided a tonic and a lift like no other
      Come on you red men make it happen .
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #530: Nov 07, 2016 10:57:00 am
      I see the most popular prediction was 3 - 1. I wasn't having any of that, I thought we'd thrash them an went for 3 - 0 !

F***ing 6 - 1, would never have gone for that.... Not against Watford. And although I wouldn't have a clue how the players felt this morning fitness wise, it looked like they done it at a stroll.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #531: Nov 07, 2016 10:57:16 am
      You know the weird thing for me is when I look at our forward line Firmino, Coutinho, and Mane I find it hard to believe that they will score in game...Posted this before, When we had the like's of Fowler,Owen,Torres, Suarez everytime they received the ball in and around the goal area you "Expected" to see the net bugle, where as with  Firmino, Coutinho, and Mane It is more of a case that you "Hope" to see that net bugle, and yet week after week as soon as the first goal goes in the flood gates open.  And before anyone talks about being negative this team does not hold a candle to past teams.... God if we only had a manager like Klopp back then  .... Here is to hoping that they(LFC) continue to Weird me out

How the hell can you say something so stupid when the potential of this team is there for all to see?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #532: Nov 07, 2016 11:02:10 am
      I've said it once and I'll say it again.
      We gave you two and a half decades to catch up ...and you didn't.

We are off into the distance again.

Toodle Pip.

FIVE

You did give us 25 years. With 13 premierships and the rest we've not only caught up!!  We've passed you in the trophy department  :D yes, yes, I know before you say it!  You have won it 5 times.  ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #533: Nov 07, 2016 11:09:16 am
      A nice quiet house to watch this again this morning, and it's even more awesome on 2nd viewing.

Klopp really meant it when he said "the team is the star".
      Rarely have I seen a group of players so obviously loving playing together, particularly up front.
      It really is wonderful to watch.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #534: Nov 07, 2016 11:12:31 am
      Haha Swab same here :) Nice quiet house without 2 children and wife...
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #535: Nov 07, 2016 11:18:24 am

On a side note from me I mentioned only just making the game some know , but my daughter was in a real bad rta on sat night, and is extremely lucky to be alive the tree she hit actually saved her life , she has several fractures to her back her neck , broken ribs and smashed teeth,
      I had to leave the hospital yesterday morning to go home and get the tickets for my mates who were going they were already two hours late leaving , through gritted stumps and blood she told me to go to the game and enjoy she knows what it means having been on the kop  herself numerous times ,

I went to the game as there really was fck all I could do in the hospital ,I knew she was going to be fine you see ,
      Now some might say I shouldn't have gone but when I got back to the hospital last night she asked me to hold her hand and tell her how good we was,

Well that's just some of my emotions from yesterday because on what could have been a tragic weekend for me the reds provided a tonic and a lift like no other

:-\

Sorry to hear that mate. Shocking. Hope she gets on the mend and all is okay again. Frightening situation that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #536: Nov 07, 2016 01:05:25 pm
      No mate .

Overall you are still one trophy behind us.

Keep up Keith   ;D

Now's  not the time to debate.  :D enjoy the moment of being top of the league.  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #537: Nov 07, 2016 01:07:45 pm

Only just heard/read about this.  Hope everything's going to be okay andy.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #538: Nov 07, 2016 01:11:37 pm
      Of course it is only November , and god only knows how I made that game yesterday , but there seems to be a vibe in the stands like the air has changed ,

remember sitting there in the owl era thinking how in fck did it come to this , that is thankfully put in the trash hopefully never to be repeated ,

What we have now is a group of players totall sucked in by the manager and setting us on fire again , have noticed this season where I've been sat seems to be a lot more younger scousers about  and they are definitely ramping it up in the new stand could that be down to tickets being put on sale to locals ? Whatever the reason it's great to sit amongst them .

Glad your daughter is ok mate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #539: Nov 07, 2016 01:13:42 pm

Just seen this and hopefully all turns out well mate.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #540: Nov 07, 2016 01:15:51 pm
      No mate .

Overall you are still one trophy behind us.

Keep up Keith   ;D

Just checked it out MICO. United 64 Liverpool 60. However, majors?? Both 41  :D

Manchester United has dominated English football for best part of last two decades winning 13 league titles, 2 Champions League and 1 Fifa Club World Cup as far as major titles are concerned since the modern era in English football from 1992 to date making this the most successful club in recent English football history but are they the most successful club overall ? lets find out.

After winning the 2016 FA Cup manchester united has drawn level with Liverpool as the most successful teams in English football as far as major trophies are concerned. (English Division 1 titles, FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League, UEFA Cup) both United and Liverpool now has 41 major titles. Liverpool has won 18 league titles, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, 5 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups making it 41 major trophies. While Manchester United’s 41 major trophies including 20 League titles, 12 FA Cups, 4 league cups, 3 Champions League and 2 FIFA Club World Cups (which in all fairness is a major trophy). If we further expand the trophy list with the likes of community shield and the UEFA Super Cup etc United out-scores Liverpool with 64-60 titles.

But we all know that English Premier League title holds much more significant than FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield and same goes with European trophies where UEFA Champions League is the ultimate prize for a professional footballer and the club. In this regard Liverpool has the edge over United with 2 more European Cups but 2 less League titles.

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #541: Nov 07, 2016 01:22:51 pm

Manchester United has dominated English football for best part of last two decades winning 13 league titles, 2 Champions League and 1 Fifa Club World Cup as far as major titles are concerned since the modern era in English football from 1992 to date making this the most successful club in recent English football history but are they the most successful club overall ? lets find out.

After winning the 2016 FA Cup manchester united has drawn level with Liverpool as the most successful teams in English football as far as major trophies are concerned. (English Division 1 titles, FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League, UEFA Cup) both United and Liverpool now has 41 major titles. Liverpool has won 18 league titles, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, 5 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups making it 41 major trophies. While Manchester United’s 41 major trophies including 20 League titles, 12 FA Cups, 4 league cups, 3 Champions League and 2 FIFA Club World Cups (which in all fairness is a major trophy). If we further expand the trophy list with the likes of community shield and the UEFA Super Cup etc United out-scores Liverpool with 64-60 titles.

But we all know that English Premier League title holds much more significant than FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield and same goes with European trophies where UEFA Champions League is the ultimate prize for a professional footballer and the club. In this regard Liverpool has the edge over United with 2 more European Cups but 2 less League titles.

What is the point of this Keith?

Stick it somewhere else like a Man Utd forum.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #542: Nov 07, 2016 01:23:32 pm

Mate .

We are England's most successful team of the 20th Century .

I've corrected it Keith .
      So you are now talking to yourself   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #543: Nov 07, 2016 01:25:55 pm
      Frightening to think as many have pointed out we were probably still in 3rd gear yesterday.

JĂ¼rgen has also said many times we are still learning and implementing his ideas

Tell you what boys and girls when we hit 4th gear after Christmas it's going to be one hell of a ride along the way and few migraines for opposition defences!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #544: Nov 07, 2016 01:36:01 pm

You're a big club. I grant you that Keith but Manchester United are big in a One Direction kind of way. Massively successful in the charts and the record sales department but with more than a whiff of being a manufactured brand than anything else. Liverpool FC is big in a Beatles kind of way. Genuine, charismatic, spirited and cultured above all else. A football club for people who genuinely love football.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #545: Nov 07, 2016 01:36:15 pm
      TOP OF THE LEAGUE! GET IN SON!

Probably the most delayed reaction but I've kind of been busy gloating. What a performance and we could have had a few more.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #546: Nov 07, 2016 01:38:33 pm
      Scored 6 and could easily have been more :)
      Absolutely delighted, brilliant football, lots of goals, top of table!!
      Starting to get well carried away with the possibilities this season :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #547: Nov 07, 2016 01:43:08 pm
      Frightening to think as many have pointed out we were probably still in 3rd gear yesterday.

JĂ¼rgen has also said many times we are still learning and implementing his ideas

Tell you what boys and girls when we hit 4th gear after Christmas it's going to be one hell of a ride along the way and few migraines for opposition defences!

F**k 4th gear mate, I want to see us hit 6th gear then go into cruise control  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #548: Nov 07, 2016 02:46:25 pm
      What is the point of this Keith?

Stick it somewhere else like a Man Utd forum.

We just got in a pleasant debate.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #549: Nov 07, 2016 02:47:35 pm
      Mate .

We are England's most successful team of the 20th Century .

I've corrected it Keith .
      So you are now talking to yourself   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

:D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #550: Nov 07, 2016 08:19:57 pm
      Sadio Mane has scored five goals in his five Premier League appearances at Anfield for Liverpool.
      Philippe Coutinho has had a hand in eight goals in his past seven league appearances for Liverpool (three goals, five assists).
      Roberto Firmino has scored five times and assisted three goals in his past seven league games for Liverpool.

Stats post watford .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #551: Nov 07, 2016 08:27:29 pm
      and 2 FIFA Club World Cups (which in all fairness is a major trophy)

Doesn't count. And why is that even in this thread anyway?

Quick Reply