Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 471523 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4048: Jan 30, 2023 04:44:05 pm
      People keep throwing around the term "rebuild". I don't see clubs like Bayern or Real Madrid, or City having to rebuild. And I would argue that none of them have the quality of manager that we do. Injuries are something people say can't be helped but is that true? Why do we continue to see what appears to be an inordinate amount of injuries to our starting players? Maybe it's because I don't follow other teams closely but it doesn't seem like any other "good" teams deal with losing so many crucial pieces of their team especially at the same time. Are we running players into the ground? Is our medical department not up to scratch?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #4049: Jan 30, 2023 04:44:25 pm
      Cancelo on loan to Bayern proves that Pep doesn't mess around and if a player is in decline he's shown the door. I wish Klopp stop being soft for once and get rid of players who don't deserve to be here.

If Cancelo was declining, Bayern wouldn't be in for him!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #4050: Jan 30, 2023 04:45:22 pm
      People keep throwing around the term "rebuild". I don't see clubs like Bayern or Real Madrid, or City having to rebuild. And I would argue that none of them have the quality of manager that we do. Injuries are something people say can't be helped but is that true? Why do we continue to see what appears to be an inordinate amount of injuries to our starting players? Maybe it's because I don't follow other teams closely but it doesn't seem like any other "good" teams deal with losing so many crucial pieces of their team especially at the same time. Are we running players into the ground? Is our medical department not up to scratch?

That's cos Real, City and Bayern just buy players when they want.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #4051: Jan 30, 2023 04:58:19 pm
      That's cos Real, City and Bayern just buy players when they want.

It’s silly to try and make any levels of comparison to those three clubs and it’s no surprise they were picked
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #4052: Jan 30, 2023 05:55:58 pm
      Chelsea are making City look like a suistainable club and its a joke seriously.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #4053: Jan 30, 2023 06:20:21 pm
      I'm not sure we have any significant number of long term injuries to senior squad players than other teams. It's a perception thing...we notice our loss more than others...Chelsea have had similar, ( I think worse) loses this campaign, Jesus has been out for ages at Arsenal. I'm 100% sure the training methods are all much of a muchness for the elite clubs....it wouldn't make sense to run them too much..... It'll be down to simple bad luck, or some players just being injury prone.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #4054: Jan 30, 2023 06:22:30 pm
      It’s silly to try and make any levels of comparison to those three clubs and it’s no surprise they were picked

It's silly? Why so? They are big clubs (like us) and our main competition in world football. Yes it's no surprise they were picked because those should be the teams we are measuring ourselves against.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #4055: Jan 30, 2023 06:26:12 pm
      It's silly? Why so? They are big clubs (like us) and our main competition in world football. Yes it's no surprise they were picked because those should be the teams we are measuring ourselves against.

Because the make up of each of the clubs is vastly different 🙄

Munich have the run of the whole of German football , they have no one challenging them so can rebuild as they win

Madrid go through phases of development and have gone through barren spells as well

City have a huge unlimited budget that allows them to spend beyond means - bring in players and then send them back out on loan and even they don’t win every year
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,247 posts | 1226 
      Reply #4056: Jan 30, 2023 06:32:37 pm
      Considering the rate at which other clubs are spending and developing is there anyone who thinks we don't need a major rebuild to regain our competitiveness, I.e. not just one or two players but four or five in and the same out the door? It's obvious to me we need more than just the usual rate and level of recruits and perhaps the only way this will happen is with new investment if not new owners.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #4057: Jan 30, 2023 06:44:43 pm
      Considering the rate at which other clubs are spending and developing is there anyone who thinks we don't need a major rebuild to regain our competitiveness, I.e. not just one or two players but four or five in and the same out the door? It's obvious to me we need more than just the usual rate and level of recruits and perhaps the only way this will happen is with new investment if not new owners.
      I think you're being generous at only 4 or 5, especially if some of the senior lads don't/can't change their attitude. I think a lot of us can see there's a lot of dross in the squad, it'll take monumental amounts of investment to get us back amongst it.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #4058: Jan 30, 2023 07:00:48 pm

Klopp will get f*ck all backing or support from fsg. He needs to work out what players he can get money for ... how much we can get and then we need to work smart with how much we pay and the structure of the deals we do in the summer to squeeze as much as we can from the funds he can generate.

Keita / Ox going and Melo as well will free wages up. Sadly I think milner will also depart this summer though I hope he might stay on the coaching staff. Too much experience and professionalism to let walk out the door. The likes of Philips, fabinho and Gomez need moving on for as good a money as we can make. Jones is another who isn't good enough and we need to cash in on.

At the back I'd gamble with ramsay/tsimikas as back up and then vvd, matip, konate and Williams.

In midfield I'd bring morton back, have bajcetic thiago, and Henderson who will take milners role in the squad. Then we need to add quality ... 2 or 3 quality midfielders who can give us our identity back.

If Bobby stays I wouldn't at this stage be opposed to letting Darwin go to raise spends. Bobby, Salah, Jota, Diaz and Gapko along with Elliott carvalho and doak would do me. We need to focus on midfield.

Then plough all that money raised into doing the smartest deals we can for quality midfield players. At least 2 if not 3.

Gonna be a tough summer but it's one where we can improve
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #4059: Jan 30, 2023 07:14:27 pm
      In that period we have brought into the team

Jota
      Diaz
      Elliott
      Núñez
      Thiago
      Bacjetic
      Gakpo
      Kostas
      Konate
      Ramsey

Plus other young players into the teams

We have added each year and looked to refresh - it’s not £300mil each year so people start to cry
      who’s starting to cry , I said every winning team , adds a little bit of top quality each year , if you don’t you stand stil or regress , it’s a very simple concept when winning add quality ie Virgil / Alisson etc not players that may come good ,I never mentioned 300 million , we have taken the cheap safe option and it’s backfired , you can’t keep flogging the horse sooner or later it gets tired ,
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #4060: Jan 30, 2023 07:25:04 pm
      Because the make up of each of the clubs is vastly different 🙄

Munich have the run of the whole of German football , they have no one challenging them so can rebuild as they win

Madrid go through phases of development and have gone through barren spells as well

City have a huge unlimited budget that allows them to spend beyond means - bring in players and then send them back out on loan and even they don’t win every year

Nah, I disagree. Madrid and Bayern have both show vulnerability at times but neither has had to do a full rebuild like some on here are saying we do. And you are only proving my point mentioning City's budget. That's who we are going to be going against (City, Newcastle, Chelsea,  United, clubs that don't have an issue spending to try and win) so if we are to keep pace, the FSG model isn't going to be sustaining. We are going to have to have owners that believe in investing in the team like the aforementioned on some level.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #4061: Jan 30, 2023 07:32:07 pm
      who’s starting to cry , I said every winning team , adds a little bit of top quality each year , if you don’t you stand stil or regress , it’s a very simple concept when winning add quality ie Virgil / Alisson etc not players that may come good ,I never mentioned 300 million , we have taken the cheap safe option and it’s backfired , you can’t keep flogging the horse sooner or later it gets tired ,

That fella constantly ignores the evidence in front of him. Pointless responding to him.

Fsg have invested sweet FA into this team. They've done nothing to help Jürgen. And now they've shown their colours again running for the hills instead of investing in their asset which happens to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. They couldn't give a f*ck we're in decline ... they just want to bail with their cash now .... parasites.

He forgets the times klopp has really needed fsg and they fobbed him off. Made him sell a centre half to buy a left back. How'd that work out. Then fobbed him off again and we ended up with a lad from Preston for 500k who never played.

Then they forced him to pick between a striker and midfielder because they wouldn't give him diddly squat to do his job.

All the players that have come in ... including nunez have been funded by sales ... sell to buy. Zero from the parasites.

As klopp said ... we collect for a while ... then we spend ... then we have to collect again. Or sell to buy. He's got a net spend of about 20m a year over 8 years. F*cking disgraceful.

And the red sox fans booed the greedy parasites out the building the other day because surprise surprise he won't help them either because in John's words 'baseball players cost money' . Those fans must all be wrong ... we're wrong and this fsg lapdog on here must be right.
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2023 07:37:24 pm by Don77 »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4062: Jan 30, 2023 07:39:23 pm
      Klopp was employed because he is known to work well with that level of model , we all knew when they bought the club that FSG would allow the club to run sustainable without the need of loans etc

To make it work needed the right people in the right roles and also to enhance the ability for the club to improve its level of income

To do all that was always going to take time , there would always be peaks and troughs as we go through each season

No one wanted the Man City or a manager that just bought teams

Klopp brought us success and that’s made people want more - understandable but instead of allowing time for the team to rebuild again it’s wanted to be instant and now people want the billionaire to spend the money and go shopping for as much as possible

Klopp knew the model and has been clear he is happy with it and clearly no issues when he signs new contract after new contract

The club are always looking at the future - the signings over the last 18 months etc are pointing to the future and the signings in the summer will continue that mode

It’s a tough watch trying to be paitent and having to deal with periods of drop offs - but it’s going to happen and it will happen again

Just because Jürgen signed a new contract does not mean he is happy with FSGs level of investment in players. Sure he knew the owners had a model, but he's made it clear with comments over the last 12 months, not just that under this model we can't compete with the big spenders [everyone knows that], but that he would like the owners to have risked more. They have not. He is loyal to the club and the fans in a way that owners are not.
      If you don't agree that a this point we have stagnated, not even in compared to the very top teams, under FSG due to their lack of investment then that's fine, we can agree to disagree.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4063: Jan 30, 2023 07:45:06 pm
      every winning team , adds a little bit of top quality each year , if you don’t you stand stil or regress

It's exactly what we haven't done, particularly in certain areas of the pitch.
      Jürgen had asked the owners to risk more, they didn't.
      What we have achieved is down to Jürgen and the players currently being criticised for performances - the same core set of players flogged week in week out, without adequate quality reinforments.
      Jürgen and the players are the ones in the firing line right now, while FSG are practically observers, waiting for a sugar daddy to arrive with their billions.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #4064: Jan 30, 2023 08:04:34 pm
      Jürgen Klopp thread right?

Not the FSG are tight arses thread.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #4065: Jan 30, 2023 08:26:55 pm
      Jürgen Klopp thread right?

Not the FSG are tight arses thread.

Yeah ... point taken mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #4066: Jan 30, 2023 08:27:47 pm

Now who's first to get stuck into the boss? >:D ;D
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #4067: Jan 30, 2023 08:49:15 pm
      Now who's first to get stuck into the boss? >:D ;D

The only criticism of the boss [if it is one] , when is he gonna get stuck in to these tight fisted f***ers we call FSG
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4068: Jan 30, 2023 09:07:37 pm
      The only criticism of the boss [if it is one] , when is he gonna get stuck in to these tight fisted f***ers we call FSG

You're going to have a long wait
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #4069: Jan 30, 2023 09:12:11 pm
      If they paid me £16m a year I'd stay quiet about them aswell.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #4070: Jan 30, 2023 09:16:58 pm

The only way he has brought us some measure of success and been LFC manager for so long is by not getting 'stuck in' to the tight fisted fuckers we call FSG.

Quick Reply